Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Chomp8645 posted:

Nearly 100% of said problems occured during 4v4. Please keep in mind that just because you personally may not experience problems that doesn't mean that other people aren't!

Nah, I edited my post to clarify that I was talking about 1v1 and that 4v4 could (and very probably does) have issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panda clue
May 23, 2014
edit: double post

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Currently I can't seem to get into any multiplayer matches because their hyper sensitive Easy Anticheat is flagging me for...something? I don't even know what :shrug:

Fangthane
May 16, 2007
Be true, Unbeliever.
Pretty much the only gripe I have so far is taking on player characters in the mass of bot mooks. It's pretty annoying trying to concentrate on the player when these nobodies are plinking at you. Then again, I admit it's my fault for engaging in a crowd and should probably back off and lure them to me. It IS a fun game even when you get your rear end handed to you.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Xae posted:

Should we listen to the person who played the game?

No, lets jump on the hype train over a game we haven't played!

lol, it's an open beta, you moron. Everyone in this thread has probably already played it.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Anyone rebind any keys for mouse and keyboard? clicking middle house for guard break is a no go for me and at the moment rebound it to mouse wheel scrolling until I find a better button.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

lalaland posted:

This is a fun game. I took berserker because she had that unwashed barbarian woman appeal and I have no idea what I am doing but flailing wildly and screaming seems to be good enough to take down these bots :v:

Berserker is a great class! And you're playing her exactly how she should be played. I mean...why play a Berserker if not to go berserk?

Here's a great guide on them if you want more info: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1551940-Hall-of-Heroes-Berserker-Guide

The main mechanics of Berserkers are the infinite combo and deflect guard break. The infinite combo is started by alternating light and heavy attacks. After 4 attacks you gain dauntless status, which means you lose less stamina, take less damage, and can't be interrupted. New players get loving wrecked by this. You have to parry out of it basically and newbs can't parry, or just don't know how to defend. You can end the combo at any time by using a top heavy attack. This does extra damage.

The deflect guard break is fun too. If you dodge in the same direction someone attacks, you get a short window of time where they can't guard. You can hit them with a light attack, or better yet, throw them off a ledge. Or into a wall for a free heavy attack. Or into spikes. You get the idea.

A good base plan as you get started (this worked extremely well for me) is Spin Chop to close distance, then try to get your combo going. If they attack try to get a deflect into throw but honestly, if you've got dauntless status you can just trade with them and come out on top.

Edit:

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Anyone rebind any keys for mouse and keyboard? clicking middle house for guard break is a no go for me and at the moment rebound it to mouse wheel scrolling until I find a better button.

Some crazies bind guard break to left mouse button. It has the most narrow timing and you should always, always be prepared for a guard break so you can counter. I think it's actually not a bad idea.

Seriously. If someone is doing anything at all other than attacking, be ready to CGB. Hell against Peacekeepers just assume their whole strategy is landing as may guard breaks as possible. It probably is.

Trillhouse fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Feb 9, 2017

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

middle house for guard break

:cripes:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

can you switch stance mid-combo or is it only until its done or cancelled?

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Can we get a single discord in the OP. Pretty sure there are like 4-6 different discords that have been posted since the start of this thread.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Keegers posted:

Can we get a single discord in the OP. Pretty sure there are like 4-6 different discords that have been posted since the start of this thread.

It is the nature of VOIPs to always have too many of them.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
Just add a For Honor channel to the official goon discord imo, whatever the process is for doing that.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
I've set this one up and assigned channels and poo poo, Pm'd rap music too so he can put it in the OP.

Keket posted:

:siren: I made a loving Discord for you fuckers to join :siren:

Playing solo is boring.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Trillhouse posted:

Also closed beta had a matchmaking bug where it was matching people from different continents together.

This explains much.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Fangthane posted:

Pretty much the only gripe I have so far is taking on player characters in the mass of bot mooks. It's pretty annoying trying to concentrate on the player when these nobodies are plinking at you. Then again, I admit it's my fault for engaging in a crowd and should probably back off and lure them to me. It IS a fun game even when you get your rear end handed to you.

Just takes some getting used to. You're free to let go of lock-on and beat up the mooks if you'd rather do that. Lock on makes you focus on the tough guys becuase they're the big deal. Also if you have allied mooks around the enemy mooks should generally leave you alone, so just don't get too deep into enemy territory.

I said it before, you gotta think of Dominion as a MOBA. Three lanes, the middle lane has little guys, you gotta push the lane with the guys unless there's like a 2v1 situation pushing for a gank kill.

super macho dude posted:

Yeah you can, they're less stances and more directions. You can do like, light light heavy, where the first one is left and the second two are up. That's pretty important to throwing off real human opponents (and level 3 bots) who will respond to a combo and start blocking if you don't switch it up and confuse them.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

super macho dude posted:

You can and definitely should.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Fangthane posted:

Pretty much the only gripe I have so far is taking on player characters in the mass of bot mooks. It's pretty annoying trying to concentrate on the player when these nobodies are plinking at you.

Fangthane posted:

Then again, I admit it's my fault for engaging in a crowd and should probably back off and lure them to me.

:banjo:

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Someone give me the official goon discord to add to the OP. Here's the twist: You can't promote your own.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I put guard break on a thumb button, and defensive stance (relevant for Warlord, Conqueror, and Nobushi) on another thumb button. If you don't have those, e is also a decent place for guardbreak.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
So, what kind of Emblems did people make. As a big fan of Jeanne d'Arc, I tried to recreate her coat of arms, but there aren't any fleur-de-lis I could find, so I decided to use some crowns. I then had to use up my two extra slots to cover up the stupid lines coming from the sword. I think it doesn't look too bad, though.

E: For comparison

PureRok fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 9, 2017

Pinbacker
May 7, 2007
gently caress yeahhhhhhhhhh the steam controller works in the open beta

Pinbacker
May 7, 2007
Blocking with the steam controller is so much better than mouse, you just have to tap a direction to block

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
This game is super intimidating and hard as balls for a new player but holy poo poo does it feel good when you finally win a protracted battle

Fangthane
May 16, 2007
Be true, Unbeliever.

Hehe like others have said, usually when I die it's my fault. I've since learned my lesson. I'm loving the Nobushi. People start to freak out when their health is low with a bleed effect. Chasing them to watch them bleed to death never loses its luster.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

the emblem maker is fantastic

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.

Pinbacker posted:

Blocking with the steam controller is so much better than mouse, you just have to tap a direction to block

I've been playing with a 360 pad, but have a steam controller, so I might try it. Did you need to rebind anything, or did it recognize it straight away? Using mouse mode on the pad I assume?

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
Ubisoft crapped out at first, everything fine now.
Faction wars is noninteresting poo poo. Sword and axe fightin is great.

Come play cybber samurai mein lord

panda clue
May 23, 2014
Did I somehow start with like 2k steel in the last closed beta? I remember being able to buy a few characters at the start, now I have to grind with the default 3.

edit: oh gently caress its completing the practice mode isnt it, god dammit

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.

panda clue posted:

Did I somehow start with like 2k steel in the last closed beta? I remember being able to buy a few characters at the start, now I have to grind with the default 3.

Tutorial should award the 2k steel.

E: Also, for anyone new, go to multiplayer, then use LB to go to "Orders" and assign the appropriate PvE or PvP contracts to earn extra XP and steel. Daily missions, basically.

Av027 fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Feb 9, 2017

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
Anyone else getting a weird bug with PC where using the ubisoft overlay to respond to someone causes your mouse cursor to be visible in game? Kind of distracting and wasn't there in the closed beta afaik

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Keket posted:

I've set this one up and assigned channels and poo poo, Pm'd rap music too so he can put it in the OP.

Is this like the 2nd or the 3rd discord that has been made, jesus christ

Edit: I swear there are fewer people playing the open beta than the closed beta. Takes way longer to get a duel than before

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Two questions;

-Is there anyway to rebind the camera controls to keyboard buttons? I'd like to play without using a mouse like I do in Dark Souls, but if I can't rebind the camera controls that can't happen.
-Is everything gonna be deleted at the end of this beta so everyone starts from scratch?

PureRok posted:

So, what kind of Emblems did people make. As a big fan of Jeanne d'Arc, I tried to recreate her coat of arms, but there aren't any fleur-de-lis I could find, so I decided to use some crowns. I then had to use up my two extra slots to cover up the stupid lines coming from the sword. I think it doesn't look too bad, though.

E: For comparison

Wish I could have a circular shield that was made of metal cause the wooden planks look crummy.

Pinbacker
May 7, 2007

Av027 posted:

I've been playing with a 360 pad, but have a steam controller, so I might try it. Did you need to rebind anything, or did it recognize it straight away? Using mouse mode on the pad I assume?

Actually I only had 20 minutes to play before going to a meeting, so I just turned it on and opened the beta.
Didn't try it in big picture mode, so no rebinding or configuration was done. It recognized right away, and yeah, mouse mode on the pad was default.

I'm going to rebind some stuff when I get home, probably dodge and guard break to the finger buttons because on the pad buttons you have to take your fingers off the block direction to hit them.
Also, the default sensitivity for the mouse mode pad was too high in the vertical axis, so I want to mess with that as well.

The mouse pad blocking was perfect though, with a normal mouse you need to swipe in a direction to block, but the steam controller mouse pad you just tap in a direction and you get a satisfying feedback.

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.

Pinbacker posted:

Actually I only had 20 minutes to play before going to a meeting, so I just turned it on and opened the beta.
Didn't try it in big picture mode, so no rebinding or configuration was done. It recognized right away, and yeah, mouse mode on the pad was default.

I'm going to rebind some stuff when I get home, probably dodge and guard break to the finger buttons because on the pad buttons you have to take your fingers off the block direction to hit them.
Also, the default sensitivity for the mouse mode pad was too high in the vertical axis, so I want to mess with that as well.

The mouse pad blocking was perfect though, with a normal mouse you need to swipe in a direction to block, but the steam controller mouse pad you just tap in a direction and you get a satisfying feedback.

Solid, thanks. Yeah, I'm hoping that I can make use of the grip buttons for faster guard break counters and such. Just haven't put much time in with the steam controller yet, so I'm hoping it's not too awkward a swap.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

TV dog Wishbone of PBS posted:

Faction wars is noninteresting poo poo. Sword and axe fightin is great.

I like the game a lot but yeah, I don't understand the point of faction wars at all. It boils down to "guess a faction. You have a 1/3 chance of getting extra goodies at the end of a season."

If it had sub-clans and you could make an SA clan and battle other clans in nearby areas, then maybe it would be more interesting. With so many players why should I even bother distributing war assets? It's not fun and probably won't make a difference.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
140,000 people online and I can't even get a 1v1. Sad!

tolaziforname
Nov 30, 2008

Sultan Tarquin posted:

140,000 people online and I can't even get a 1v1. Sad!

Sounds exactly like a Trump tweet.

Having a blast as the impenetrable fortress ie: Conquerer. poo poo is bred for boosting points all day every day.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

OctaMurk posted:

Is this like the 2nd or the 3rd discord that has been made, jesus christ

Edit: I swear there are fewer people playing the open beta than the closed beta. Takes way longer to get a duel than before

rap music posted:

Someone give me the official goon discord to add to the OP. Here's the twist: You can't promote your own.

Rap pull a lucky dip of one of the twelvemillion discords and put it in the OP then so we can collect somewhere for screaming.

Oovee
Jun 21, 2007

No life king.
Oh look, uPlay not working.. what a suprise.

With a heavy heart I shall play some more Nioh instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The execution where the berserker kicks the victim in the crotch before decapitating them is great.