Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

how does this thread have 90 pages of discussion i am so loving confused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

ate all the Oreos posted:

im the self-identifying cat person that is very important to me

text me so i can add your token into my ring

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

apseudonym posted:

What did I just read?

haha oh man this is even better than his cryptocurrency scheme Ethereum

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

pr0zac posted:

D&D

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

pr0zac posted:

eripsa is loving insane is how

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

apseudonym posted:

What did I just read?
eripsa, noted forums artefact

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

a gibbering idiot (something you are), with a mental illness (something you have), making vomit on the internet (something you know)

i can verify this is eripsa

system works

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
eripsa is also notable for having a rnn tweet bot that is more coherent than them*

*and being proud of it

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

infernal machines posted:

eripsa is also notable for having a rnn tweet bot that is more coherent than them*

*and being proud of it

https://twitter.com/eripsabot/status/825045090993369088

https://twitter.com/eripsabot/status/829316541422399489

https://twitter.com/eripsabot/status/828665642802880516

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
so we have a "hacking" scandal going on in the local provincial government

https://twitter.com/Dave_Eby/status/829445692464586752

basically the dumbass party in power posted a document out in the open and the opposition is being accused of "hacking"

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

OSI bean dip posted:

so we have a "hacking" scandal going on in the local provincial government

basically the dumbass party in power posted a document out in the open and the opposition is being accused of "hacking"

gotta link w/ context on this?

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

pr0zac posted:

gotta link w/ context on this?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bcliberals-hacking-proof-1.3972580

quote:

B.C. premier accuses NDP of hacking party website but can't provide proof
B.C. Liberals have filed a police complaint to look into alleged breach of party website
By Richard Zussman, CBC News Posted: Feb 08, 2017 4:25 PM PT Last Updated: Feb 08, 2017 5:00 PM PT

B.C. Premier Christy Clark is struggling to come up with proof that her governing party's website was hacked by the Opposition NDP.

Clark told Vancouver Sun columnist Vaughn Palmer on Tuesday that "we saw them try to hack into our website the other day" and that "hacking into websites with malicious intent is against the law."

The comment follows a series of tweets over the weekend from a B.C. Liberal spokesman claiming that the party's website had been hacked and that the stolen data had been provided to the media.

Official complaint filed

What actually happened to the website is unclear.

The party claims that someone with what it terms "technical expertise and malicious intent" obtained confidential information submitted through the site.

The files in question include information provided by people on Vancouver Island about what they would like to see the Liberals focus on.

The Liberals have asked the Office of Information and Privacy Commissioner to look into the matter and are still in the midst of gathering evidence for a formal police report.

But the B.C. Liberals have unveiled some of that evidence after Clark spoke to reporters.

"We have identified numerous IP addresses linked to attempts to hack into BCLiberals.com. One of these IP addresses, common to the Vancouver Island Platform hack and another previous attempt, has been traced to the Legislative Assembly in Victoria," wrote a party spokesman in an emailed statement.

Today, when asked to present proof that the site was hacked by the B.C. NDP, she did not provide any evidence.

"They talked like they had, but who knows. I am not spending a whole lot of time thinking about it," said Clark. "British Columbians do not care about that stuff, all that inside baseball stuff. They care about where the party stands."

But NDP Leader John Horgan says the real issue is the honesty of the premier and her government.

"My experience is whenever she starts making things up. I think that speaks to her character more than I ever could," said Horgan. "She created the ball diamond, she threw the first pitch and it was just totally fabricated."

NDP demanding full apology

Horgan says the party had nothing to do with the documents becoming publicly available and believes that it could have been an internal error by the Liberals that led to the information getting out.

The NDP leader also added that the Liberals first raised the issue themselves on social media, and that Clark brought it up yesterday in the Vancouver Sun interviews after being asked an unrelated question.

"I believe that the premier should do the right thing and apologize to the B.C. NDP," said Horgan. "The premier just wants to distract from the issues she is weak on."

The NDP has contacted a lawyer and may be considering legal action.

https://twitter.com/Emile_BC/status/828788950806384640

this is all the proof they've offered

https://twitter.com/lailayuile/status/828793094346661888

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
i'm the emoji keyboard tab

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i'm the browser extension designed to get around geoip blocks

Jewel
May 2, 2009

i'm the browser extension designed to get around geoip blocks

not only that but hola is confirmed as using its users to power a vpn botnet for companies to purchase which was used to ddos 8chan a few years ago. very secure,

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Jewel posted:

not only that but hola is confirmed as using its users to power a vpn botnet for companies to purchase which was used to ddos 8chan a few years ago. very secure,

is that seriously the hola extension he's running?

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

i'm the obviously staged "hacked screenshot"

burning swine
May 26, 2004

I'm the censorship of the word "chinese"

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I suspect the TAO exfil includes a buttpile of VMs and system images for verifying the tools. the TAO guy I talked to said they cared about "hundreds or thousands" of target configs.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
i'm the person still using ABP ityool 2017

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

also re: eripsa:

don't roll your own cryptolibertarian

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

skull mask mcgee posted:

i'm the obviously staged "hacked screenshot"

very impressive that you managed to get a twenty-year-old angelina jolie in frame

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/josephfcox/status/829730269439602689

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

OSI bean dip posted:

a seemingly ill person who thinks that they can remake the world with bitcoin and poo poo crypto

he should come here to explain why his crypto will work and give us a real technical explanation of things

trust me, you really don't want this to happen

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

uncurable mlady posted:

trust me, you really don't want this to happen

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

that would've been the greatest sec fuckup

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
prosec: do not advertise the existence of good threads to bad posters

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

mod saas posted:

Too late, I already know about this thread.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

cinci zoo sniper posted:

that would've been the greatest sec fuckup

Secfuck Megathread: v13.3 - that would've be the greatest sec fuckup

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

mod saas posted:

dipshit greys do not last long in here hth

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i see this is your first eripsa encounter then

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

even one post from eripsa is too much

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

OSI bean dip posted:

a seemingly ill person who thinks that they can remake the world with bitcoin and poo poo crypto

he should come here to explain why his crypto will work and give us a real technical explanation of things

The terrible thing is, the exact requirements they describe have already been solved via abc4trust/identity mixer (and others im sure!). Rather than rolling their own nonsense they could use something that was designed by real cryptographers, written by competent developers, formally verified and tested by security people... But nah, let's just write our own in node, with bitcoin.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

uncurable mlady posted:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

stop writing his name, you'll summon him

then we'll have to give him some attention marbles or something

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

OSI bean dip posted:

uncurable mlady posted:

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I agree with the efforts to keep him contained (if possible).

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Feb 10, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

WrenP-Complete posted:

I agree the efforts to keep him contained (if possible).
they are like a large botnet, you can only divert them to another target

-sun tzu

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

OSI bean dip posted:

you haven't seen the bitcoin threads, those people do not shut up and they do not go away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Jewel posted:

but ddos'ing 8chan is a public good

stop writing his name, you'll summon him

then we'll have to give him some attention marbles or something

wait he's the attention marbles guy?

• Locked thread