Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Cathode Raymond posted:

Stop that.

Do the right thing and blame Spermy for your recent loss. It's tradition :colbert:

Crazy Diamond fixes things.

Spermy fixes the matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Another win for the empire! *shoots pistols out window*

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I should have bought the blue gloves.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
So where's the fight?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Its 8pm and I am still working.

Tomorrow will have to do!

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

If it's any consolation, the next fight is guaranteed to vault either jon joe or Anchors into 1st place in betting.

All in on my own fighter every fight. My betting strategy is as flawless as my fighter management.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Its 8pm and I am still working.

Tomorrow will have to do!

You take your time, buddy, no rush, sometimes it's good to wait! A little patience would do us all some good. We just want you to stay well, so I think I speak for all of us when I say relax, maybe take a few days off.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

*turns back to the rest of the room*

So anyhow, as I was saying, y'all losers should check out that top betters list, eh? :haw:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren: Last Fight In Whatever Round This Is :siren:

Bizarrer Adventurers (3-0) is on the left side of the arena.
DickSpear (Spermy Smurf) is a male werewolf. He wields a steel battleaxe and wears an iron cap, leather armor, leather leggings, iron gauntlets, and iron high boots.
Snakes Laugh At The Human 1/2 (Tunicate) is a female serpent man. She is empty handed and wears an adamantine helm, leather armor, an adamantine mail shirt, and copper gauntlets.
BEHOLD! a beehole? (Anchors) is a female goblin. She wields a silver war hammer and a wooden shield and wears an adamantine helm, leather armor, a steel mail shirt, iron greaves, iron gauntlets, and iron high boots.

Christmas is Canceled (3-0) is on the right side of the arena.
THE ENTIRE BEE MOVIE SCRIPT (jon joe) is a female soldier ant woman. She wields a steel spear, a wooden spear, and a copper spear and wears an iron helm and leather armor.
Minos Jr (Maarak) is a male minotaur. He wields a copper war hammer and wears a bronze cap, leather armor, a steel mail shirt, leather leggings, steel gauntlets, and leather high boots.
Karl Barx (The Mattybee) is a male werewolf. He is empty handed and wears a steel helm, a steel mail shirt, steel greaves, steel gauntlets, and steel low boots.

Christmas is Canceled is a 1.02 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 12325.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 12111.00 dwarfbucks for Bizarrer Adventurers.

Size goes to Christmas on the right... But deadliness and attractiveness clearly go to Bizarre on the left.

The first round of combat is a crazy flurry of blows. Minos fracatures BEHOLD's left arm. BEE MOVIE spears Dickspear's upper arm. Snakes scratches the antwoman BEE MOVIE's arm and tears the fat.

Dickspear rears back to swing his axe but instead collapses around Minos' hammer in his guts. Minos swings again and shatters his shoulder joint. Dickspear goes down with one only offensive attack (which was easily parried) the entire fight.

Down south BEHOLD charges Karl Barx and succeeds in stunning himself against the larger werewolf. The werewolf grabs the stunned goblin.

Snakes comes to Dickspears rescue but his teeth are turned by Minos' boot. Minos smashes the snakes ribs into his lung for his troubles.

Karl Barx chokes BEHOLD to death in about 5 seconds. I'm no doctor but I thought it took longer than that to suffocate.

Dickspear gets his face crushed by Minos.

And now it's all up to Snakes!

A well placed bite sends BEE MOVIE into paralysis.

A few more well placed strikes by Minos end Snakes life.

Christmas is Canceled can go gently caress themselves with a 3-0 victory.

Kills:
Minos: 2
Karl Barx: 1

Combat Log

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I couldn't even cheat that one if I wanted to. After the initial fight I ran it 15 more times and Christmas absolutely ruined our poo poo every time.

In one fight it was 3-2, and a few were 3-1, but 11 of them were 3-0 flawless victories like we just witnessed.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Spermy Smurf is taken down a notch? Oh man, it's, like, some kind of...Christmas miracle?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I'm not even sure how we lucked out to go 3-0 in the regular season. My build ended up being terrible. We had a snake just paralyze everyone. We straight up got lucky to get this far.

That being said, I'm running the final and I'm going to cheat as much as I have to in order to make sure you die first without doing anything before your teammates die uselessly too be an impartial commissioner.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

All or nothing, baby!

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

My only regret this tournament is that by doing well I've carried Bad Munki far too high.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Truly, a crime against all dorfkind.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Weird, my adamantine armor and helmet didn't get mentioned at all in the combat log

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
It was there. I checked to make sure like always.

I didnt even notice it wasnt in the logs.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I guess every time I got hit it procced the 25% 'ignore armor' chance.

Not that it seems to have made a difference really, judging by the repeat tests.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Spermy Smurf posted:

I'm not even sure how we lucked out to go 3-0 in the regular season. My build ended up being terrible. We had a snake just paralyze everyone. We straight up got lucky to get this far.

That being said, I'm running the final and I'm going to cheat as much as I have to in order to make sure you die first without doing anything before your teammates die uselessly too be an impartial commissioner.

Even though my team was the one who hosed you up?

Glad I'm not Bad Munki! Bad Munki radiates with hate-inducing energy.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Tunicate posted:

I guess every time I got hit it procced the 25% 'ignore armor' chance.

Not that it seems to have made a difference really, judging by the repeat tests.

Yeah I guess I dont get it.

Let me recheck the macro in the morning but I swear it was there. I always check, but neither of our adamantine armor fighters show in the logs.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

Spermy Smurf posted:

Furthermore, I would like to go out of my way to point out that Cathode Raymond's team and specifically Cathode Raymond's fighter, New Violent Everywhere, really deserved this playoff spot more than we did and certainly would have beaten that other spear ant before going on to win the finals.

I just want you to know that I realize how hard this was for you to admit and that I am proud of you.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Cathode Raymond posted:

I just want you to know that I realize how hard this was for you to admit and that I am proud of you.

If Spermy still has the macros, I'm sure he can test our pre playoff teams vs one another. :)

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

jon joe posted:

If Spermy still has the macros, I'm sure he can test our pre playoff teams vs one another. :)

There's simply no need. No need at all to do that.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Oh there is plenty of need.

I gotta wait for the fighters to update anyway....

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
I think this fighter of mine had a record breaking level of uselessness this tournament. Like, even Min/Maxotaur, who was designed from the ground up to be embarrassment to minotaurkind worldwide, performed way better than Beehole, who has a pretty standard loadout overall.

Anchors fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 9, 2017

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I just realized Spermy didn't report the best part of the fight!

quote:

Minos Jr_CHRIST kicks Snakes Laugh_BIZ in the mouth with his left foot and the injured part explodes into gore!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

jon joe posted:

I just realized Spermy didn't report the best part of the fight!

I'll gum you to death!

Minos Jr_CHRIST kicks Snakes Laugh_BIZ in the mouth with his left foot and the injured part explodes into gore!
Snakes Laugh_BIZ bites Minos Jr_CHRIST in the upper body, bruising the fat through the large cow leather armor!
Snakes Laugh_BIZ latches on firmly!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
About the Antwoman vs Antwoman battle:

The team with the antwoman with the oak spears won 4 out of 5 fights. I dont know who it was, but the ants actually came head to head in 3 fights and the oak spears one won each encounter.

Here is a pastebin of it: http://pastebin.com/wF7rQ0NU Antman 1 has copper spears, and Antman 2 has the oak ones. Antman 1, minotaur 1, human 1 are Cathode Raymond, while Antman 2, Minotaur 2, and Werewolf 1 is Christmas is Cancelled

It looks like the final match can be run anytime, the fighters are all updated from what I can tell. I'll run the third place fight soon and maybe the final this afternoon.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Feb 9, 2017

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Spermy Smurf posted:

About the Antwoman vs Antwoman battle:

The team with the antwoman with the oak spears won 4 out of 5 fights.

Congratulations Cathode, your team is only 80% bad.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren: Third Place Fight :siren:

Bizarrer Adventurers (3-0) is on the left side of the arena.
DickSpear (Spermy Smurf) is a male werewolf. He wields a steel battleaxe and wears an iron cap, leather armor, leather leggings, iron gauntlets, and iron high boots.
Snakes Laugh At The Human 1/2 (Tunicate) is a female serpent man. She is empty handed and wears an adamantine helm, leather armor, an adamantine mail shirt, and copper gauntlets.
BEHOLD! a beehole? (Anchors) is a female goblin. She wields a silver war hammer and a wooden shield and wears an adamantine helm, leather armor, a steel mail shirt, iron greaves, iron gauntlets, and iron high boots.

Bad Munki's Team (3-0) is on the right side of the arena.
Spermy Smurf (Coward) is a male serpent man. He is empty handed and wears an iron helm, leather armor, a steel mail shirt, iron gauntlets, and iron high boots.
Keith Vaz (Dirty Frank) is a male tigerman. He wields a steel long sword and wears an iron helm, leather armor, an iron mail shirt, leather gauntlets, and leather high boots.
2016 (goatface) is a male dwarf. He wields a platinum maul and wears an iron helm, leather armor, an iron mail shirt, a steel mail shirt, iron gauntlets, and iron high boots.

Bizarrer Adventurers is a 1.29 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 1057.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 821.00 dwarfbucks for Bad Munki's Team.

Size is just about even here.

The fighters clash and this is loving bullshit.

Keith Vaz chops deep into Dickspears heart. Dickspear manages to cut off the tigermans second toe in retaliaton. Spermy Smurf scratches Dickspears lip and down goes Dickspear.

Keith Vaz shrugs off Snakes' bite, but the tigerman does get his right hand fractured by BEHOLDs hammer.

Spermy Smurf is a loving rear end in a top hat. The snakeman bites Dickspear and shakes him around by the head while injecting venom. 2016 smashes Snakes tail into a puddle of goo and Snakes is grounded.

Keith Vaz ignores Snakes teeth embedded in his armor and takes off Dickspears head.

ITS A LITTLE loving LATE FOR THAT DONT YOU THINK SNAKES? :argh:

Keith Vaz slashes Snakes' already ruined tail and gets bit on the hand for his troubles. Venom is injected and down he goes.

BEHOLD and 2016 trade bruises while Snakes thrashes Keith Vaz around by the hand.

Spermy Smurf, the limp dicked rear end in a top hat who knocked Dickspear unconscious, bites Snakes and is bitten in return. Now we've got two snakes trying to eat each other. Keith Vaz overcomes the paralysis and pushes Snakes off of him. 2016, in what I can only imagine is a fit of tardism, bites Snakes and thrashes him around by the tail.

Snakes bites Spermy Smurf in the lower body and bruises guts.

A bunch more biting happens up north and a bit of bruising back and forth in the south. Keith Vaz gets to his feet just as BEHOLD smashes 2016's foot. A second swing pulps the foot and 2016 gives in to pain.

In the north Snakes is being bitten, punched, grabbed, and everything else by Spermy Smurf and Keith Vaz now.

2016 is struck down and BEHOLD moves to help his teammate in the 2v1.

Snakes isn't doing very well. The 2v1 is too much and, after 3 pages of biting, Keith Vaz manages to bend his shoulder till it pops at the same time Spermy Smurf thrashes his arm around. Snakes passes out.

BEHOLD arrives like an avalanche of pain and smashes Spermy Smurf's left index finger with her hammer.

Keith Vaz strangles Snakes while Spermy Smurf is getting bruised badly by BEHOLD.

BEHOLD is now fighting a 1v2 and manages to dodge away while doing massive damage. Where the gently caress was all this poo poo about 5 minutes ago you loving gently caress?

Spermy Smurf's left upper arm is crushed beyond recognition, moments later the snakemans tail is shattered into pieces.

Keith Vaz cannot catch the dodgy goblin. BEHOLD smashes Spermy Smurf one time and the serpent's head is flattened.

Now it's 1v1! Come on BEHOLD you stupid gently caress can do it!

And then something I've never seen before. Look at the last picture. Now look at this one. Last one. This one.

Keith Vaz charges the goblin and sends him absolutely flying across the arena. Four tiles of flying doesn't even show up in the logs; just a simple "charged and stunned" is all. I pressed "advance one" and BEHOLD was suddenly way over there against the wall. He didn't even show in the tiles in between. Just teleported... and then had zero damage from it.

BEHOLD dodges up and around, shakes off the stun and begins hammering away at the weaponless tiger. Bones are bruised, muscles are bruised, and soon the two fighters are exhausted.

BEHOLD hammers the tigers skull, fracturing the bone, and Keith Vaz drops to the floor from over exertion. He still manages to fight a bit, but three broken bones send him to dreamland.

BEHOLD ends it.

Bizarrer Adventurers wins with a 3-2 narrow victory.

Kills:
BEHOLD: 3

Keith Vaz: 2

Combat Log

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Award for first loser goes to: Dickspear

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
You can go to heck.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I suspect that'll happen next fight, yes.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren: Final Fight :siren:

Christmas is Canceled (3-0) is on the left side of the arena.
THE ENTIRE BEE MOVIE SCRIPT (jon joe) is a female soldier ant woman. She wields a steel spear, a wooden spear, and a copper spear and wears a steel helm, leather armor, and leather high boots.
Minos Jr (Maarak) is a male minotaur. He wields a copper war hammer and wears a steel helm, leather armor, a steel mail shirt, steel greaves, steel gauntlets, and steel low boots.
Karl Barx (The Mattybee) is a male werewolf. He is empty handed and wears a steel helm, a steel mail shirt, a steel breast plate, steel greaves, steel gauntlets, and steel low boots.

gently caress Rogers Tribute (3-0) is on the right side of the arena.
,.|.. (Bad Munki) is a male dwarf. He wields a copper war hammer and a wooden shield and wears an iron cap, an iron mail shirt, an iron breast plate, iron leggings, iron gauntlets, and iron low boots.
Gnobody Important (Gnoman) is a female human. She wields a steel pike and wears a bronze helm, a bronze mail shirt, a steel breast plate, bronze greaves, bronze gauntlets, and leather high boots.
One of Heygals Guys (Splode) is a male human. He wields a steel pike and wears an iron helm, leather armor, leather leggings, leather gauntlets, and leather high boots.

Christmas is Canceled is a 1.24 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 22419.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 18129.00 dwarfbucks for gently caress Rogers Tribute.

I almost forgot my first screenshot, so everyone took a step and then I snapped it. Christmas is Canceled is much bigger with a wolf and minotaur. Will that change the outcome at all, or will it rely on Bad Munki's general badness at this game?

The fighters clash and it's loving glorious.

BEE MOVIE'S steel spear rips Middle Fingers left calf to shreds while the dwarfs strike is easily batted aside. BEE MOVIE sends a copper spear at the inept dwarf and Middle Fingers hand flies through the air.

Minos breaks Gnobody's left hand with his hammer. Heygals has a crippling blow on Karl Barx deflected by steel greaves. Middle Finger gets lucky and crushes one of BEE MOVIE's four arms.

And now the fighters all pair off. Minos and Karl Barx had a plan and executed it perfectly with dual charges that send the two humans sprawling. Gnobody is on the right fighting Minos while Karl Barx sent Heygals to the floor in the south.

Everyone converges on Gnobody. Minos gores his hand into pieces and he passes out from pain immediately. A casual flip of Minos' wrist breaks Middle Fingers left foot. BEE MOVIE fractures Middle Fingers left forearm for good measure. Middle Fingers copper hammer bounces to the floor.

Middle Finger doesn't seem to miss the hammer, and with a devastating scratch sends BEE MOVIE to the floor. Heygals shakes off the cobwebs and charges back into battle just as Minos crushes Gnobodys skull.

Middle Finger grabs one of BEE MOVIE's spears, but another lances into his leg and the dwarf passes out.

And now we take a quick timeout to show you something I hadn't seen before. The color of the antman blood and human blood mixed together is lighter than the normal blood color. I put a bigger color swatch top right so you can all compare and contrast and think how interesting this is or why I actually spent like 40 seconds editing that picture and why the gently caress is this moron still writing about colors of blood? What an rear end in a top hat.

I wonder what human and troll blood look like?

Heygals arrives and takes a foot off of the already-grounded BEE MOVIE. Karl Barx bites Middle Finger's head. BEE MOVIE spears Middle Finger's head. Karl Barx shakes the dwarf around by the head and the head collapses in his mouth. That's a pretty neat kill. Not 'different colors of blood' neat, but it's still kind of cool.

Heygals dodges back but the steel armor on the larger gladiators holds up well. Four thrusts that could have changed the fight are all turned by armor.

BEE MOVIE crawls into range and sends a copper spear deep into Heygals kidney. A wooden spear penetrates the humans hand and Heygals passes out.

Minos crushes a skull.

Christmas is Canceled wins with a 3-0 victory.

Kills:
Minos: 2
Karl Barx: 1

Combat Log

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Told ya

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Bugger. I was tossing up between more skill and a blue pike. It seems I chose poorly.

As for my team what was that come on.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Big round of applause for Jon Joe for coaching the team.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
If anyone would like, I can do a general write-up containing CiC's exact builds and my thinking behind the team composition. As a result, perhaps we can see stronger competitors next tournament (though presumably the new version will invalidate some of my thinking).

Maarak posted:

Big round of applause for Jon Joe for coaching the team.

Big counter-thanks to Maarak for coming up with Minos Jr's devastating build in the first place. The Minotaur was a sheer force of will and highly instrumental to our success.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
I'd like to see that. I've not participated in the tournament but your results would probably provide more even teams and a better idea of the mechanics of fighting in DF in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

I based Heygal's guy's build off of anecdotal evidence from playing dwarf fortress. I noticed that once a fighter had high enough weapon skill, they never died. Combat logs would show that they never died because they never got hit, so armor wasn't critical.

It worked pretty well for this tournament right up until my assumption that a steel pike was adequate for beating steel armor was proved false.