Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lol Vettel binned the car during the warm up lap on the first day of wet weather testing. The car is so badly borked that Ferrari don't know if they can even do the second day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

learnincurve posted:

Lol Vettel binned the car during the warm up lap on the first day of wet weather testing. The car is so badly borked that Ferrari don't know if they can even do the second day.

Ferrari a garbage fire?

WHY I NEVER

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Please don't say garbage pile, it triggers me whenever I have to make insurance payments on my car. tia

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Theophany posted:

Toyota were on for their maiden 24 hours of Le Mans victory and crapped out in the dying minutes of the race. Thankfully, 1500quid has a much more suitable av/title combo now.
They lead the race for about 14 hours and then the car dropped dead on literally the LAST LAP. I don't think they even finished. And then Sky F1 commentators thought it was funny to mock Anthony Davidson who was a driver in that car. One reason on top of a Mount Everest of others why I watch Nothing But Commercials when I could stream Sky online.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

That Toyota stopping right by the pits is burned in my mind as much as Alboreto standing in his burning Ferrari as it rolls down pit lane. It's just one of those iconic motorsport moments that's going to stay with me.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

They lead the race for about 14 hours and then the car dropped dead on literally the LAST LAP. I don't think they even finished.

They didn't. They'd done enough laps for 3rd, but you have to finish the last lap at a certain speed to be classified.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

They lead the race for about 14 hours and then the car dropped dead on literally the LAST LAP. I don't think they even finished. And then Sky F1 commentators thought it was funny to mock Anthony Davidson who was a driver in that car. One reason on top of a Mount Everest of others why I watch Nothing But Commercials when I could stream Sky online.

Imagine feeling the need to white night for Ant Davidson. I think he is probably just fine being joshed by his mates (who probably expressed their condolences when it happened because he is their friend)

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Im suprised they made it as far as they did with Their Ant on the team, he cant even drive the skypad.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dudley posted:

They didn't. They'd done enough laps for 3rd, but you have to finish the last lap at a certain speed to be classified.

Funny enough, ACO waived that rule in the past.

For a french maker.

Yup.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

It was Peugeot and fairly recently right? Like within the last decade.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I still don't understand why he didn't stop the car before the finish line.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Fans nuked my avatar :(

Does anyone have good spare f1 avs lying around?

Hit up whoever keeps changing 1500quid's

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Yeah just lay down some cold hard truth bombs about shitcrappen and enjoy watching the fallout.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
"Verstappen is a punk who impresses people because he spent too much time on the playstation and he'll never outgrow those creepy dick sucking lips"

OR

"Verstappen is clearly the next senna, that impressive brazil drive gave me Tolemon Monaco flashbacks and i think he's going to be the first WDC and MWDC winner".

*waits*

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Tolemon sounds like a Pokemon character.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

1500quidporsche posted:

Hell I'd let her given the fact I'm pretty sure there's at least one meth lab in my building.

We need to hook up

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Say no more fam

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Say no more fam

...still waiting for MattD1zzl3's new Av to appear. Just sayin' :colbert:

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
I infact love seeing that synergy letter in my mailbox. It means I can reward them for their fantastic service every 2 months. Thank you to synergy for its glorious contribution to the great city of Perth.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Any of the thread Aussies going to Melbourne this year? There seems to be more Aussies than last time I poked my head in here.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Human Grand Prix posted:

Tolemon sounds like a Pokemon character.

More of a Digimon name to be frank.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Your old one should be in the cache somewhere.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Jedit posted:

Your old one should be in the cache somewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlRdBJuAJjU&t=4s

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

It was Peugeot and fairly recently right? Like within the last decade.

Yes, them, but not sure how recent.

lotharr
Dec 24, 2003

Sorry Mark, we have no idea what's wrong with your KERS mate...

Tony Montana posted:

Any of the thread Aussies going to Melbourne this year? There seems to be more Aussies than last time I poked my head in here.

I normally go to the Saturday then watch the race from the comfort of my couch

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I'm thinking the same this year, but the podium will be mental if RBR have their poo poo together and Danny makes a break for it.

Nothing wrong with Mark's KERS, it was the clutch he seemed to have a lot of trouble with..

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Say no more fam

i agree,

mattdizzie should never post again

lotharr
Dec 24, 2003

Sorry Mark, we have no idea what's wrong with your KERS mate...

Tony Montana posted:

Yeah I'm thinking the same this year, but the podium will be mental if RBR have their poo poo together and Danny makes a break for it.

Nothing wrong with Mark's KERS, it was the clutch he seemed to have a lot of trouble with..

I really should get a new av, this thing is like 5 years old

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Guys I think we've really turned it around and we're well on our way to that 15 quality posts goal.

They have to be consecutive as well. So if we get to 14 quality posts in a row then someone says "Vercrappen" we have to start over.

In other news, notoriously resilient driver John Pablo Montoya has said that European drivers are mentally weak. (I actually agree with a few of his points I just feel that if European drivers are mentally weak then that spells bad news for all the other drivers.)

Also :laffo: he span on the warmup lap once. Also NASCAR.

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Feb 10, 2017

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NtotheTC posted:

They have to be consecutive as well. So if we get to 14 quality posts in a row then someone says "Vercrappen" we have to start over.

In other news, notoriously resilient driver John Pablo Montoya has said that European drivers are mentally weak. (I actually agree with a few of his points I just feel that if European drivers are mentally weak then that spells bad news for all the other drivers.)

Also :laffo: he span on the warmup lap once. Also NASCAR.

Nando and Vettel are the mentally strong ones whilst having their radio meltdowns? When will JPM just admit he blew his F1 shot and couldn't hang and had to go crawling back to the US?

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Isn't Danny the only non-European in the field?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Tony Montana posted:

Isn't Danny the only non-European in the field?

Mexico, Brazil and Canada. Now in Europe.

Also most of Russia.

You've forgotten Massa, Stroll and Perez.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Don't forget Are Lewis and Are Palmer. :smug:

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Wait, the English aren't European? They're just English? I thought that was considered part of Europe.

I don't know.. :(

edit: oh poo poo Brexit haha of course. Well there is an upside, Brexit results in Lewis not being European and therefore mentally stronger.

Tony Montana fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Feb 10, 2017

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NtotheTC posted:

Don't forget Are Lewis and Are Palmer. :smug:

Not yet. Jolyon is still a pean and Hamilton comes from whatever loving planet he does.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Hamilton comes from the planet Americana

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Tony Montana posted:

Wait, the English aren't European? They're just English? I thought that was considered part of Europe.

I don't know.. :(

edit: oh poo poo Brexit haha of course. Well there is an upside, Brexit results in Lewis not being European and therefore mentally stronger.

Even before Brexit the English got very annoyed about meeting people who could read maps. They think they invented maps so it's suddenly "not on" when other people know where countries are in the world.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?

Tony Montana posted:

My family are having talks of going but I'll have to pass due to work commitments.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Tony Montana posted:

I'll be going again this year. Went last year after having about 8 years off attending. And I only went last year due to scoring a free ticket. But I've just bought a GA ticket for this year to go with some mates.

Will only be going on the Sunday :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Hamilton hasn't had a residence in the UK for 10 years, so he's European (Switzerland, then/now Monaco).
Jolylolypop man is a robot or something so he doesn't count.

• Locked thread