Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/NY_KnicksPR/status/829791762868731905

Yeah gently caress the Knicks. (The employees totally collaborate with my story)

https://twitter.com/ReggieMillerTNT/status/829796080644665345

https://twitter.com/StevePopper/status/829797471014510593

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Because the Knicks are still stupid enough to give big, long term contracts Reggie Miller

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Knicks are gonna be sued for slander, aren't they

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

ketchup vs catsup posted:

better or worse that it's the same knee as last year?

Think the only NBA guy to tear the same knee up twice like that was Redd.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

In sorry bucks fans
:(

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

If Adam Silver had a spine he would remove Dolan as owner. :colbert:

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Melo should come out and apologize to Oakley on behalf of the Knicks.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Melo should come out and apologize to Oakley on behalf of the Knicks.

This would be amazing and I hope it happens. Even better if he refuses to waive his no trade after Dolan flips out.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Where are we with cloning human body parts?

Can we clone LeBron's ACL onto a mouse or something

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Spacebump posted:

This would be amazing and I hope it happens. Even better if he refuses to waive his no trade after Dolan flips out.

"Buy Me Out"

Cleveland gets Kevin Love AND Melo.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I really thought the Bulls had Zogo's "Biggest Train Wreck Team" award sewn up already but the Knicks are making a solid mid-season push.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Doltos posted:

Yep. The average scores of every single drill in the NFL combine improve every year. I can probably link 10 ACL studies that were published in the last month that are all desperately trying to find ways to strengthen them. For instance, the NSCA advises training deep squats over regular squats now, not for strengthening muscles, but specifically for strengthening ligaments.

To what degree is it even possible to increase ligament strength? I know Christopher Sommer (former men's US gymnastics coach) is pretty obsessed with this and continually stresses that connective tissue adaptation happens on a much slower timescale than muscular adaptation does. Also how much is the risk of injury increased by like, an NBA level of use? I'm curious whether super-explosive athletes are at a higher risk or if it's just that the amount of work they do exposes them to more injury risk. (i.e. if there's an x% chance of a ligament injury for every minute of basketball you play, is it just that NBA athletes do a lot more work than everybody, or is somebody jumping all over the place increasing their risk?)

chunkles fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Feb 9, 2017

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

chunkles posted:

To what degree is it even possible I'm curious? I know Christopher Sommers (former men's US olympic coach) is pretty obsessed with this and continually stresses that connective tissue adaptation happens on a much slower timescale than muscular adaptation does. Also how much is the risk of injury increased by like, an NBA level of use?

I mean I dunno about extent compared to musculature but guaranteed it's possible. Pretty much any part of the anatomy used in active processes can be strengthened, even bones, ffs. For example, people in wheelchairs often struggle with bone density because they don't stand on them.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

euphronius posted:

In sorry bucks fans
:(

That kid can't catch a break. Goddamn.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Your Taint posted:

That kid can't catch a break. Goddamn.

Yeah, it's a tear

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Lockback posted:

"Buy Me Out"

6th man of the year: Carmelo Anthony

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Riley needs to set his personal feelings aside and do what's right for the Heat.
https://twitter.com/DavidOvalle305/status/829801113385832451?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

No that really sucks about Jabari

He may never be "Jabari". Injuries suck.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

chunkles posted:

Also how much is the risk of injury increased by like, an NBA level of use? I'm curious whether super-explosive athletes are at a higher risk or if it's just that the amount of work they do exposes them to more injury risk. (i.e. if there's an x% chance of a ligament injury for every minute of basketball you play, is it just that NBA athletes do a lot more work than everybody, or is somebody jumping all over the place increasing their risk?)

1) Yes, high level athletics vastly increase your risk of injury.
2) Basketball is particularly bad for tearing up knees because of some combination of jumping and hard lateral cuts.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kyrie's making a full length Uncle Drew movie.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Expanding comedy sketches to movies always works out. Just look at all the great SNL movies. Oh, except this time the main character isn't even an actor or a comedian. Perfect.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Do to Dolan what you did to Sterling, players.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

attackmole posted:

Expanding comedy sketches to movies always works out. Just look at all the great SNL movies. Oh, except this time the main character isn't even an actor or a comedian. Perfect.

There has been many good snl skit movies

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Lockback posted:

"Buy Me Out"

Oh my god this would be amazing and I hope it happens.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

God loving drat it

Attack mole !!!!!

Edit

What Thead is this

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

attackmole posted:

Wayne's World and Blues Brothers were very good, so I agree with this statement

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/829817050667302920

DO NOT TAKE AWAY MY ONLINE COMEDY, SILVER.

Exploding Computer
Oct 6, 2006
Fun Shoe

AggressivelyStupid posted:

6th man of the year: Carmelo Anthony

Melo in Summer Olympics-mode in the NBA Playoffs would be incredible. 30 points on 20 FGA in 15 minutes. No responsibilities, no defense, just straight gunning.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

No fun league

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Why are you going to make this the best league in sports no longer as fun.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Curl_like_smoke posted:

Melo in Summer Olympics-mode in the NBA Playoffs would be incredible. 30 points on 20 FGA in 15 minutes. No responsibilities, no defense, just straight gunning.

Better hope it's not Rio Summer Olympics mode.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/PhilJackson11/status/829820226569195520

Lmao

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Just a friendly reminder Phil Jackson ran Jerry West out of the Lakers organization. Jerry West eventually went on to play a part helping build the current Warriors team. (After helping the Lakers get Gasol while working for Memphis.) Since the year 2000, Jerry West has had some kind of impact in 9 different Finals. Basically, every Finals not involving the LeBron Heat or a Texas team this century.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Feb 9, 2017

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Spacebump posted:

Just a friendly reminder Phil Jackson ran Jerry West out of the Lakers organization. Jerry West eventually went on to play a part helping build the current Warriors team. (After helping the Lakers get Gasol while working for Memphis.) Since the year 2000, Jerry West has had some kind of impact in 9 different Finals. Basically, every Finals not involving the LeBron Heat or a Texas team this century.

Jerry had left the Grizzlies well before the Gasol trade

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Simeon High School curse

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The Glumslinger posted:

Jerry had left the Grizzlies well before the Gasol trade

That's what I get for having a slightly off memory of last decade's Grizzlies and trusting a wikipedia page.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
The Jabari injury really bums me out. He has become one of my favorite players this season and now he's out. Again.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Man, New York has not been a good look for Phil. It's really highlighted how supreme talent that was willing to put up with his nonsense gave him the Zen Master namesake and even writing his Kobe-trashing book managed to not come off as ridiculously petty... But this is just sad.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
https://twitter.com/TheVertical/status/829433773708214272

zen master reverse psychology working exactly as planned. unless he wants to get rid of melo in which case it's not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesus Rocket
Apr 25, 2003
A lot of poo poo injuries that have made me sad the last couple months. I'll be praying for every players' knees until the All Star break.

• Locked thread