Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Pick posted:

That strikes me as incredibly sad because apparently it's fairly common for divorced or widowed dads to turn to their daughters for sexual purposes.

Don't do this. Don't be a rapist. Also you hosed your daughter up.
I hope your definition of "fairly common" is different than mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Read a book sometime about sexual abuse in America and be prepared to be extremely sad.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Pick posted:

Read a book sometime about sexual abuse in America and be prepared to be extremely sad.

Imma sit that one out and just keep assuming the other dads aren't bad

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

He never did post an update. :saddowns:

Pretty sure dude was too mentally shattered after she cheated on her. In their own house. With her dad. :staredog:

That post hits new lows in disgusting scumbaggery. Man, it's so messed up.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I feel like the total lack of updates usually means it's a fakepost and I'm just gonna keep hoping that in this case.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Haha ITT: men refuse to believe basic fact presented by a woman about sexual abuse, choose to continue pretending it's not an issue because it would upset them, and will probably shortly demand a study that meets their rigorous standards of not making them have to think about bad things.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Careful guys we don't want to slut shame her for sleeping with her Dad because then that one guy is going to come in here and try to convince us that we are all bad for not being into polyamory or something.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Leon Einstein posted:

I hope your definition of "fairly common" is different than mine.

not in North Florida

the bitcoin of weed fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Feb 9, 2017

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Pick posted:

I think I would prefer not to tbqh

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Tolkien minority posted:

I think I would prefer not to tbqh

Well, you wouldn't.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
It's really sad and also kind of funny but mostly sad that multiple people in this thread refuse to believe the story because it invalidates their world view that dads sexually abusing their daughters just doesn't happen.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Fullhouse posted:

not in North Florida

:vince:

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Fullhouse posted:

not in North Florida

I for one eagerly await the day Florida is submerged

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Uh, I believe that happens but I think the dude who never followed up on an obviously hot topic, crossposted the OP in a couple different forums (and abandoned the thread each time), then joked about it when trying to buy earbuds might not have been entirely genuine in the first post.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

It's really sad and also kind of funny but mostly sad that multiple people in this thread refuse to believe the story because it invalidates their world view that dads sexually abusing their daughters just doesn't happen.

I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad. The dad in which I'm banging is the best I've ever had.

Leon Einstein fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Feb 9, 2017

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Tiny Deer posted:

Haha ITT: men refuse to believe basic fact presented by a woman about sexual abuse, choose to continue pretending it's not an issue because it would upset them, and will probably shortly demand a study that meets their rigorous standards of not making them have to think about bad things.

Seriously. I bet she'd been abused as a kid as well

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Tiny Deer posted:

Man, what? Basic fact? I think that was probably not covered in middle school social studies for most of us

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Yea that's not what's going on in this thread

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

Me [30F] with my bf [30M] - I hate his hair!

I know this sounds awfully shallow, and I'll probably get slated for it but it's something that's really getting me down!

I've been with my boyfriend "Danny" just 3 months after meeting on Tinder. He wasn't the type of person I'd usually go for, but we get on brilliantly, make each other laugh all the time, have great sex, and he's just a really good person.

His hair is really horrible. I've never seen the style on anyone else before. It's kind of like a mohawk on the top of his head, the rest of it is shaved pretty tightly, and then the long bits are gelled down to the side. It's difficult to even explain. He uses a crazy amount of gel, and he doesn't even shampoo it when showers so it's constantly sticky. He's a very handsome guy, but his hair just takes away from that so much.

He has a beard too. I'm a big fan of beards and when we first met it was reasonably short and well-groomed. He let it grow pretty long and unruly over the next few months, until he announced last week that he was going to the barber to get it sorted out. I have to say I was relieved as it wasn't looking good on him at all. He said he was going to get his hair done too. While his beard had been growing, the shaved part of his hair had started growing out a bit and even that in itself made him look a lot better. I kept complimenting him on how it looked, and when we were looking through his old photos one day, I made a good few comments on ones where his hair looked good, admiring his hair.

So I went over to his house the other night and his beard was trimmed back down - he looked absolutely gorgeous - but only from the forehead down. His hair was back to the really horrible style. After a few drinks I even jokingly referred to him as "pineapple head" and we had a bit of a laugh about it (we slag each other a lot).

A couple of my close friends have made comments to me about his hair too, so I know it's not all just me, it's not as if he has a standard haircut that I don't like, it's that he has a haircut that you'd expect to see on an experimental 16-year-old, not a 30-year-old professional!

As I said, I know this is really shallow of me, but it is becoming an issue as I'm starting to get turned off by the appearance of his hair...as I'm typing that out I'm realising how ridiculous it is but I can't help it! Also, he's going to be meeting my whole family for the first time in a few weeks at a big celebration and, I hate to admit it, but I will be a bit concerned about how he's perceived by them.

I know people will ask me to turn the tables and consider how I'd like it if he asked me to change something to do with my appearance, and believe me, I have thought about it and I know it would hurt.

So is there anything I can do beyond just sucking it up and appreciating him for what he is??

tl;dr: I'm a shallow bitch, I hate my wonderful bf's hair and it's really starting to affect how I feel about him physically. What can I do, if anything?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tiny Deer posted:

tbf there was no basic fact presented other than 'this happens a lot.' Like post the % at least I'm not gonna disbelieve it on face value and also I'm not filling my work search history with 'incest' 'daughter' 'father' keywords lol.

I mean I buy it, I just wanna know what 'fairly common' means. 20%? 30%? Surely not more than 50%???

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I assume he had the bad hair when they started dating, so clearly it's not that big a dealbreaker for her. I assume some of her friends brought it up or something and now she feels weird about it.

Moridin920 posted:

I mean I buy it, I just wanna know what 'fairly common' means. 20%? 30%? Surely not more than 50%???

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Wanna see that guys hair

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Tiny Deer posted:

welcome to the thread, person who has somehow missed hundreds of pages of people refusing to believe various stories/details thereof

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

oh good god

if you're gonna do something crazy with your hair at least keep it clean you gross dude

Moridin920 posted:

tbf there was no basic fact presented other than 'this happens a lot.' Like post the % at least I'm not gonna disbelieve it on face value and also I'm not filling my work search history with 'incest' 'daughter' 'father' keywords lol.

I don't have studies immediately on hand to back this up but the majority of sexual abuse is committed by family members of the victims and very often the perpetrator is not a "pedophile", in the sense that they are not primarily attracted to children. Drugs and/or alcohol are often (usually?) involved (hence the billboard)

It's an unfortunate fact, but it's the dad a lot of the time.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Feb 9, 2017

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

subhuman filth posted:

Man, what? Basic fact? I think that was probably not covered in middle school social studies for most of us

Moridin920 posted:

TheScott2K posted:

Yea that's not what's going on in this thread

Goddamn it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
rape dad so what?

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Tolkien minority posted:

Wanna see that guys hair

It's a deathhawk

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Tiny Deer posted:

Goddamn it.

Lol, not saying you're wrong but surely you can see how a claim like "it's pretty common for divorced dads to gently caress their daughters" might raise some eyebrows

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

subhuman filth posted:

Lol, not saying you're wrong but surely you can see how a claim like "it's pretty common for divorced dads to gently caress their daughters" might raise some eyebrows

I'm pretty sure the claim was "It's pretty common for dads to be the perpetrators of the sexual abuse of their daughters" and that is not an incorrect claim

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Tiny Deer posted:

Goddamn it.

link me to the version of the thread you're seeing, i can only see the version where what you're upset about isn't remotely surprising

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

much more common than it Should be, anyway (that being absolutely never)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mirthless posted:

I'm pretty sure the claim was "It's pretty common for dads to be the perpetrators of the sexual abuse of their daughters" and that is not an incorrect claim

aye

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Here since you guys want some numbers:
https://www.dosomething.org/us/facts/11-facts-about-child-abuse

prepare to barf fuckos

quote:

1 out of 3 girls and 1 out of 5 boys will be sexually abused before they reach age 18.
Daughters

quote:

90% of child sexual abuse victims know the perpetrator in some way. 68% are abused by a family member.
Family

quote:

In 2012, 82.2% of child abuse perpetrators were found to be between the ages of 18-44, of which 39.6% were recorded to be between the ages of 25-34.
That's dad age

if we're conservative, probably 10% or more of women have been sexually abused by their dad

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

That haircut sounds stupid, but "doesn't shampoo/wash out his gel" is the real killer there. Can you imagine how that dude's hair must feel to touch?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

This "is the thread reacting with the appropriate solemnity to the reality of sexual abuse?" derail sure is so much more fun than mocking the idiots posting about their dumb problems on Reddit.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mirthless posted:

The way I read it is that "it is common for a divorcee/widower to turn to their daughter for sex purposes," as opposed to your reading which is "when a girl is sexually abused, it is commonly the dad."

quote:

That strikes me as incredibly sad because apparently it's fairly common for divorced or widowed dads to turn to their daughters for sexual purposes.

Dunno which was meant ofc but one is a bit worse than the other.

Like if you said 20% of sexually abused girls were abused by their dad, that's a much smaller number of rape dads as compared to 20% of divorced/widowed dads try to gently caress their daughter.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Mirthless posted:

No. That's not the argument.

subhuman filth posted:

You see the difference here?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Moridin920 posted:

The way I read it is that "it is common for a divorcee/widower to turn to their daughter for sex purposes," as opposed to your reading which is "when a girl is sexually abused, it is commonly the dad."

Dunno which was meant ofc but one is a bit worse than the other.

Like if you said 20% of sexually abused girls were abused by their dad, that's a much smaller number of rape dads as compared to 20% of divorced/widowed dads try to gently caress their daughter.

Mirthless posted:

if we're conservative, probably 10% or more of women have been sexually abused by their dad

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Antivehicular posted:

That haircut sounds stupid, but "doesn't shampoo/wash out his gel" is the real killer there. Can you imagine how that dude's hair must feel to touch?

Yeah I agree. If you break up with someone over a haircut you're kind of a douche but if it's for bad hygiene that's an entirely different story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Mirthless posted:

No you loving dumbshit that was literally not the claim at all