Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

You might also want to look at Plo Koon for the clone squad - but if you want to do them properly, Sergeant is your only option.

I don't see his synergy being good enough to offset how bad his kit is. He has a worse than Phasma effect -- just run Phasma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
I've lost enough times now to him by himself that I can highly recommend DM/Scimitar in ships, especially as a reinforcement. When he comes in, puts cloak/offense buffs on everybody except one guy who gets counter, you are hosed if you don't have an immediate buff removal available.

E: could a QGJ officer accept Vallis Rin? He's a friend and goon who never posts. Ally code 987-852-915

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 9, 2017

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

fishtobaskets posted:

I've lost enough times now to him by himself that I can highly recommend DM/Scimitar in ships, especially as a reinforcement. When he comes in, puts cloak/offense buffs on everybody except one guy who gets counter, you are hosed if you don't have an immediate buff removal available.

I run Vader(5)/DM(4)/sun fac(6)/tfp(6)/boba(5) in ships and it consistently nets me top 3 everyday, even going up against people who have 7* consulars and/or plo koons, biggs, wedge etc. Scimitar casts his special on sun fac, mace pops in and gives sun fac taunt, watch as everyone on the enemy team ends up with target lock, with vader/tfp to make extra sure. Then boba's missile swarm and mace's aoe to murder everyone, when it all triggers off nicely I can wipe ship teams out before they can even get reinforcements out :v:.
Guy in second has 7* plo/6* rex/7* trooper/7* consular and it's simply too much healing to break reliably. The guy in first dropped at least $3k on ships release day and has had every single ship 7* since (I've never seen him run millenium falcon, so he might not have that 7* I guess), he runs (all 7*) poe/fives/trooper/tfp/scimi with plo/rex/boba in reserve.

I know a lot of people hate ships with a passion but I've massively preferred them over pvp as it's not simply about who has the most speed or has spent the most on getting the newest characters. There's actual thinking involved, I've ballsed up fights in ships and then retried and come out on top, it's just a shame the developers seemed to have dropped even paying attention to the ships part of the game at all, as there's been a lot of bugs since they released them that still haven't been addressed, and the AI can be utterly retarded at times. I've seen twice just today teams where the enemy flagship has taken 2-3 turns with only 2-3 ships left on the field and not called in reinforcements at all, & I just don't see that being a case of reinforcements not being available; there's no way you're getting past someone in ships arena if you only have a team of 5 when they have 5+3, unless the defensive AI is retarded and is not calling reinforcements when in control.

They sure as hell need to speed up the animations though for everything

rocket_Magnet fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Feb 10, 2017

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

rocket_Magnet posted:

I run Vader(5)/DM(4)/sun fac(6)/tfp(6)/boba(5) in ships and it consistently nets me top 3 everyday, even going up against people who have 7* consulars and/or plo koons, biggs, wedge etc. Scimitar casts his special on sun fac, mace pops in and gives sun fac taunt, watch as everyone on the enemy team ends up with target lock, with vader/tfp to make extra sure. Then boba's missile swarm and mace's aoe to murder everyone, when it all triggers off nicely I can wipe ship teams out before they can even get reinforcements out :v:.
Guy in second has 7* plo/6* rex/7* trooper/7* consular and it's simply too much healing to break reliably. The guy in first dropped at least $3k on ships release day and has had every single ship 7* since (I've never seen him run millenium falcon, so he might not have that 7* I guess), he runs (all 7*) poe/fives/trooper/tfp/scimi with plo/rex/boba in reserve.

I run Vader, FOTP, Boba, Fives, Biggs, with DM, TFP, and JC in reinforcements.

It's really nice because when Biggs dies (he's usually the first to go), DM comes in and gives Fives the special, who then clears buffs on counterattack from anyone with TL, which is usually everyone. On manual, I'll frequently use the buff on Boba because his damage output is so good, but Fives is super tanky so that's nice too.

Feels good...been counting down since 3:30:

P.S. That's against the idiot troll on my shard -- the one I got into the "fight" with a few pages back. I took him from 1st to 5th, and then a TI shard buddy locked me in first. Feels good. Also, I'm pretty sure he spent 200 crystals to get there...so...100 crystal profit from Arena. Good times.
I don't normally grief people...but...it's just too much fun.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Feb 10, 2017

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

rocket_Magnet posted:

I know a lot of people hate ships with a passion but I've massively preferred them over pvp as it's not simply about who has the most speed

I hate to rain on your parade but have you noticed the 'hardware' slot on ships screen? I am quite certain that's going to be ship mods.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Does anyone want some T6 Loot? Our alt guild (soon to be our real guild) is in P4 of a T6 Rancor. It needs to be finished within the next 3-4 hours (Preferably before Noon Pacific time). My alt's Ally Code is 375-993-185, hit me up, and I think the guild is still set to open over there.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Kenobi, Chaze, Zariss, Fives can suck my dick.

Chewed through 2 teams.

Zariss and Fives killed EP, RG, DV, and Rey all by themselves.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Kenobi, Chaze, Zariss, Fives can suck my dick.

Chewed through 2 teams.

Zariss and Fives killed EP, RG, DV, and Rey all by themselves.

Yeah, GK, Zarriss, Fives are pretty unkillable. I only get around it because my JKA and Boba do so much damage. I actually have to NOT kill CI though to stack up HoTs on GK, Zarriss, and Fives.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I blew my Biggs/Wedge, QGJ, STH, and Geo Soldier to kill... Baze and Kenobi's shield.
I blew my EP, DV, RG, Shore, TFP to kill... General Kenobi and Chirrut
Had to use some wierd-rear end collection of poo poo tht hat healing immunity so I could kill Barris, because she kept passive healing through my GVIII droid teams damage.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Malgrin posted:

Does anyone want some T6 Loot? Our alt guild (soon to be our real guild) is in P4 of a T6 Rancor. It needs to be finished within the next 3-4 hours (Preferably before Noon Pacific time). My alt's Ally Code is 375-993-185, hit me up, and I think the guild is still set to open over there.

Seriously though, you guys can get a few easy raid parts -- 60% left in P4, and if you clear this, you'll get top 5 (3rd place is 3.5 mil, 4th place is 1.5 mil).

The only way this will affect your raid loot is if you were going to do 4 T7 Rancors this week.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

I blew my Biggs/Wedge, QGJ, STH, and Geo Soldier to kill... Baze and Kenobi's shield.
I blew my EP, DV, RG, Shore, TFP to kill... General Kenobi and Chirrut
Had to use some wierd-rear end collection of poo poo tht hat healing immunity so I could kill Barris, because she kept passive healing through my GVIII droid teams damage.

The key to killing Chaze teams is Boba. Let them stack up a pile of HoTs/DoTs, execute them, repeat. Most of those teams don't have that much damage, so you can do this 2-3 times on the heavy hitters and end up with Chirrut and Bariss left, who should be easy to finish off.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

two_step posted:

The key to killing Chaze teams is Boba. Let them stack up a pile of HoTs/DoTs, execute them, repeat. Most of those teams don't have that much damage, so you can do this 2-3 times on the heavy hitters and end up with Chirrut and Bariss left, who should be easy to finish off.

Enter Chirrut who can cleanse and Zariss who can dispell debuffs every turn.

Sorry Boba died on squad 1, not QGJ.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Seriously though, you guys can get a few easy raid parts -- 60% left in P4, and if you clear this, you'll get top 5 (3rd place is 3.5 mil, 4th place is 1.5 mil).

The only way this will affect your raid loot is if you were going to do 4 T7 Rancors this week.

IGD is in the middle of a tank raid right now.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

quote:

Nihilus is going to be very good and very expensive. Ill make a formal announcement closer to release, but Nihilus/sith buddies will be an expensive pack

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Did that surprise anyone?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Field Mousepad posted:

Did that surprise anyone?

Of course not, but I thought you all should know. I think we can expect a DK/DT style event, followed by something similar to Citadel pack, but maybe more expensive.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
It really wouldn't be so bad if they didn't make starring the new characters such a pain in the rear end. But that's where they're making money so

:shrug:

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Can't wait to read the forums drama. It is pretty bad though so I'm sympathetic to it - but it's also pretty funny because people have no-one to blame but themselves for spending the amount they do and creating the demand that pushes prices up. The best ones to read are the former whales who have just been priced out and can no longer afford to be whales anymore... as was once said in some lovely film or other: "there's always a bigger fish"

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

rocket_Magnet posted:

I run Vader(5)/DM(4)/sun fac(6)/tfp(6)/boba(5)

Do you use Tarkin?

Also, who should I grab next from Arena, Sid, HK-47 or Chief Nebit? My guild is so far away from Heroic AAT that part of me is leaning towards Sid for potential arena comps but I know I need both of the others for raiding.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Sidious' only use is in a Zader squad, so yeah, I'd focus on building up your droids.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Boozie posted:

Do you use Tarkin?

Also, who should I grab next from Arena, Sid, HK-47 or Chief Nebit? My guild is so far away from Heroic AAT that part of me is leaning towards Sid for potential arena comps but I know I need both of the others for raiding.

My tarkin is only lv75 g9, that and it costing so much to upgrade a flagship means it's on my to do list, but pretty near the bottom.

and yeah I know ship hardware is coming and is more than likely going to be just as bullshit as mods are.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Hope y'all been working on that Kylo

EA_Jesse posted:

Places of Power NEW (2/10)
Starts: Feb 25th
Ends: Feb 26th
Min Level Required: 75 & has 3 tiers (75, 80, & Bonus)
Main Rewards: Light Side pilots/Ships and Ship building materials
Notes: Requires Sith and/or First Order (watch out, very difficult!)

I'm thinking I'll have more luck with Sith though...got 85 G11 EP, G10 Vader, and 80 G8 Dooku + Sid.

For FO, I've got 85 G10/G9 Phasma/FOTP. My Kylo is 6* 75 G7...so...probably not pulling him out.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I have

85 G10 EP
80 G10 Vader
85 G10 Phasma

Who should I fill out the remainder with by focusing my efforts on leveling?

80 G8 FOTP
70 G8 Sidious
80 G7 Dooku
80 G7 Kylo

Thinking Kylo + 1 of the others between FOTP & Dooku since I won't be able to zeta anyone before this

Hoping Phasma & EP can carry me through most of the event

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Sid is only useful on a Zader team.
Dooku is only useful if he's leading, which he won't be.
FOTP is nice because his ship is top tier, but he's not super useful otherwise
Kylo got a nice boost recently, so maybe he's your best choice.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I really wanna push my droid team to G9 for raid usefulness... but every last loving one of them needs a loving rancor fusion furnace.

I really wanna push my jedi team forward... but I need mods and Ayala Secura isn't 7*. Ditto with my P3 team and Chirpa.

My arena team can't push higher because I don't have enough speed mods. At this point, I'm lucky to get into top 50 every day. I really want to switch to darkside. I have a GX EP, GXI TFP, GX DV (6*, need 10 more shards), GX Boba Fett, and GX Royal Guard/Shoretrooper.

I feel like I could make the jump, but mods are a challenge. I don't have enough of the right brand of potency or speed mods to adequately speed up my dudes.

How would one mod an arena team comprised of:

Emperor Palpatine (Health/offense?)
Darth Vader (crit damage/potency?)
TIE Fighter Pilot (I'm guessing crit/crit dmg?)
Royal Guard (just health)
Boba Fett (My best speed set is all + health)

I also just learned I need Gear 9-10 to be able to do this loving Separatist battle, I need to get my Kylo up for the sith teams...

I've got 6 available for this new event: GX EP, GX DV, GX Dooku, GIX Phasma, GVIII Sid, GVIII Kylo, GVIII FOTP.

I loving hate this game.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Feb 11, 2017

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

That current event is pretty burtal, i can't get past the first tier even with G9 chirpa, g10 rey, g10 teebo, g10 elder, g9 scout/g9 pilot. Just too many rounds to keep enough of them alive :(.

Hopefully sorted for that next event though g11 zader, palp, fotp, g10 phasma, sid, savage, maul. Still working on Kylo and Dooku had fallen out of favour before I ever got round to farming him.

rocket_Magnet fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Feb 11, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

rocket_Magnet posted:

That current event is pretty burtal, i can't get past the first tier even with G9 chirpa, g10 rey, g10 teebo, g10 elder, g9 scout/g9 pilot. Just too many rounds to keep enough of them alive :(.

Hopefully sorted for that next event though g11 zader, palp, fotp, g10 phasma, sid, savage, maul. Still working on Kylo and Dooku had fallen out of favour before I ever got round to farming him.

I can get to round 7 with everyone up, but I usually lose 2 by the end of it.

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

rocket_Magnet posted:

I managed it with a G10 Rey/Teebo/Elder and a G8 Ugnaught/Poe so you're definitely in with a chance with that comp. Use the event power on Rey to get 2 kills right off the bat on shield bot rounds and go from there, it took me about 5 tries before I got lucky.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Whitey Snipes posted:

I managed it with a G10 Rey/Teebo/Elder and a G8 Ugnaught/Poe so you're definitely in with a chance with that comp. Use the event power on Rey to get 2 kills right off the bat on shield bot rounds and go from there, it took me about 5 tries before I got lucky.

That's drat similar to what I brought (G8 RP instead of Ughnaugh) and I just couldn't get it done.

Mumur
May 13, 2011

Pooh Bear

rocket_Magnet posted:

That current event is pretty burtal, i can't get past the first tier even with G9 chirpa, g10 rey, g10 teebo, g10 elder, g9 scout/g9 pilot.
This is pretty much what I did it, without losing anyone. Use the special power on Rey every time, it comes back fast. Obviously always kill the B2 first, save Teebo dispel for if a B2 gets shielded.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Hey folks, so, at least in IGD, there's a certain level of dissatisfaction that we're not able to do the heroic tank raid. Enough to the point that people are leaving. The only way we're going to have a chance to do it would be to strip QGJ of it's top players, which is likely not going to happen, so here's my perspective:

If you feel that you really need to jump ship to a stronger guild, then please go ahead. I personally am going to stick around, I'm too casual to be interested in leaving. General Kenobi is great, but he's not required, and I'm okay with not having him in the foreseeable future. If we eventually get to the point where we can handle the heroic tank, great, but I'm not going to worry about it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mumur posted:

This is pretty much what I did it, without losing anyone. Use the special power on Rey every time, it comes back fast. Obviously always kill the B2 first, save Teebo dispel for if a B2 gets shielded.

Holy poo poo, I did it.

Thanks for this advice about Rey. She absolutely carried me through this poo poo.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Davethulhu posted:

Hey folks, so, at least in IGD, there's a certain level of dissatisfaction that we're not able to do the heroic tank raid. Enough to the point that people are leaving. The only way we're going to have a chance to do it would be to strip QGJ of it's top players, which is likely not going to happen, so here's my perspective:

If you feel that you really need to jump ship to a stronger guild, then please go ahead. I personally am going to stick around, I'm too casual to be interested in leaving. General Kenobi is great, but he's not required, and I'm okay with not having him in the foreseeable future. If we eventually get to the point where we can handle the heroic tank, great, but I'm not going to worry about it.

I'm 100% in agreement, in fact I think I said just this in chat yesterday. I like this game, and kinda-sorta tryhard it and throw a few bucks around, but #1 for me is to have fun, and I'd rather stay with the guild and not be in a militant group just to get Kenobi. I have most of the raid gear I need by now anyway, so no heroic isn't too much skin off my back, though it would be nice to be able to do it. OG IGD stick together!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
We should try heroic again soon, though. It's been like 2 months since our last foray.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I have no desire to leave IGD. Getting Kenobi would be cool but honestly the amount of effort required, mod swapping and everything makes me very ambivalent about it. He's not so game-breaking that I feel like I must have him. Happy to try heroic again though, see how much closer we are since last time.

ASSHAT(S)
Feb 11, 2004

You will do as the Scorpions have before you!

ASSHAT(S) fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jun 30, 2020

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Then we need to really think about a complete reorganization of the 2 goon guilds. I'm willing to move but I didn't not want to leave QGJ crippled. Me leaving alone won't impact QGJ but it sounds like IGD needs several of us heavy hitters. Anyone have any good ideas?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I don't care about Kenobi either, but the gear rewards from normal are pitiful compared to heroic.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Echoing the statement. While I would like Kenobi, I'd rather have a chill guild to hang around in. We'll get Kenobi someday, I'm sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

So there's another bunch of Japan only data cards available today.

That's a mod pack that allows you to pick which set bonus the mods have. Each one garuntees one 5* mod and six additional 3-5* mods. EACH PACK has a limit of 10 purchases! That's 80 total purchases maximum!

Realizing how great of a long term investment this is, I went a little nuts....

Suddenly mods have become fun! Grinding those challenges was a nightmare.

Oh, and don't freak out about that retribution mark appearing on a mod... I don't know what that's about but there is no counter set bonus or any mod with a retribution mark on it that you can get as far as I know, certainly not from these packs. It could be that the image is a teaser of something yet to come.