Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Neon Noodle posted:

Horseshoe theory is that one dril tweet

All tweets are that one dril tweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

The Time Dissolver posted:

I have always wondered who plays Diggler. (e:f,b) If it was just a photograph or two or three of him I'd assume they were just using stock photos but they seem to have had a guy specifically to model as Carl Diggler.

Mostly it's just that I find Ed very, very annoying, there's something nails-on-the-chalkboard about him. But I guess also that there's not much of a rapport between the hosts. It's like instead of a conversation, they're just each taking turns talking to themselves about the same topic.

Yeah, for me it's one of those podcasts that's always on the verge of being deleted but i keep it around in case i run out on long drives. It's like Ed is afraid of hosting and unsure of himself while trying to be ironic and detached. He also lifts his voice at the end of statements so they sound like questions, and it's like he's seeking approval from felix/jesse. But who am i kidding, i've listened to almost every episode.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

SMP posted:

All tweets are that one dril tweet

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
I started listening to Scumbag because a good friend of mine was invited to host and I've kept up with it since then. Ed seems like a nice and genuine guy and Felix is always great. A lot of their stuff is very online/twitter focused and I think Ed does a good job of acknowledging that online is ridiculous but he's also part of the insanity.

Some times I feel like Chapo can be a little remiss when it comes to acknowledging their own weirdness.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That would be totally beta

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

I guess when you already think CTH is a CIA front its bound to lead you to #pizzagate

https://twitter.com/PissPigGranddad/status/829186486499172352

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

I guess when you already think CTH is a CIA front its bound to lead you to #pizzagate

that's a good as hell thread. tankies come up with the lamest loving insults. "PissPig ZioMerc and Jacobin's Connor KKKilpatrick" "weird twitter/irony bro/DSA brownshirts"

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

SousaphoneColossus posted:

New Scumbag with Felix and special guest Bill Corbett. I enjoyed it.

Felix mentioned in this episode that he no longer has the job occasionally writing poo poo on Genius. I think he said they shut the program down, so no more Lowenaffchen annotations either :-/

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
edit wrong thread

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Slanderer posted:

Felix mentioned in this episode that he no longer has the job occasionally writing poo poo on Genius. I think he said they shut the program down, so no more Lowenaffchen annotations either :-/

Yeah, the genius annotations were basically rifftrax for awful political articles so I miss the hell out of it.

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
My favorite thing about genius was making a joke on Twitter about it putting (((parentheses))) around Jewish names and both virgil and the genius twitter account favorited it :unsmith:

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
This post-election story is bonkers.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/PissPigGranddad/status/829809899349635072

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Its one if the top 10 worst tweets on twitter but I kind of respect Kevin Smith for never being to ashamed to delete it.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Matt is much better in episodes where hes in the room with the rest of the goons. Also, Cum town is good. Except most of the time when its terrible.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ron Jeremy posted:

Matt is much better in episodes where hes in the room with the rest of the goons. Also, Cum town is good. Except most of the time when its terrible.

I've been giving it a shot, and by episode 3, I think it's pretty good. Definitely improving, at least. And I see they had David Cross on at one point?! :monocle:

yoober
Nov 21, 2010

Ron Jeremy posted:

the only bad parts of cum town are some of the guest spots on funny moms

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

prefect posted:

I've been giving it a shot, and by episode 3, I think it's pretty good. Definitely improving, at least. And I see they had David Cross on at one point?! :monocle:

Please post your thoughts after listening to that one

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Groucho Marxist posted:

Please post your thoughts after listening to that one

Is it really the actual David Cross?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Yeah I couldn't stand the first episode of Cum Town, but this guest guy was pretty funny so I'll give it another shot. Is there an episode I should skip to?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Pharmaskittle posted:

Yeah I couldn't stand the first episode of Cum Town, but this guest guy was pretty funny so I'll give it another shot. Is there an episode I should skip to?

Listen to the ones with Amber, they're the good ones

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

prefect posted:

Is it really the actual David Cross?

Yes

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

I'm still listening for the season finale of cum town where Adam and Stav gang up on Nick and make him cry.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Pharmaskittle posted:

Autism Powers

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

prefect posted:

The David Cross episode is a miss for me because they gently caress with him in a sort of a The Aristocrats! way and if you don't think that's funny I would't recommend it.

Literally fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Feb 10, 2017

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Pharmaskittle posted:

Adam joins the show in episode two.

Cum Town owns and is the only legit challenger to peak Uhh Yeah Dude

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Adam talking about going Zionist to get his dick sucked was some good poo poo.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

To be honest i had a similar contrarian reaction when i saw a lot of the annoying hillary people being like LOL Pizzagate Bigly so i looked into the more "serious" claims of Pizzagate and it was really funny

One of the biggest pieces of evidence they have is a leaked email between two grandmas setting up a playdate like "My grandkids are 7 and 9 and will want to take a dip in the pool, so that should keep you entertained", which had hundreds of credulous replies from Tankie types being like "listen i have no horse in this race, but what kind of hosed freak thinks its entertaining to have kids in a pool"

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007
Does Virgil do Let's Plays? One of the guys in this video sounds exactly like him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFvdjqKSPDk

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
the pizzagate emails remind me of the internet investigation of the boston bombings. more specifically, people (on this very forum) were going through the dead indian student's family's posts on facebook, and freaking out about what his parents were saying: were they talking in code??? were they plotting out terrorism in the open???

it was loving stupid then, and it is loving stupid now. as matt so nicely put it, emails are decontextualized, if you lose some of the assumptions between the communicators, so of course it sounds like code. and these people are normies, so of course they reference things that happen in the real world, instead of things that have an electronic trail on the internet

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Regulus74 posted:

Does Virgil do Let's Plays? One of the guys in this video sounds exactly like him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFvdjqKSPDk

That's forums users Chip Cheezum and General Ironicus Slowbeef doing a Retsupurae of a DarkSydePhil LP. Weirdly enough, DarkSydePhil kind of sounds like Felix in the video they're mocking...

The Narrator fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Feb 10, 2017

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Literally posted:

The David Cross episode is a miss for me because they gently caress with him in a sort of a The Aristocrats! way and if you don't think that's funny I would't recommend it.

Cross immediately picks up on the bit and runs with it too though?

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Phobophilia posted:

the pizzagate emails remind me of the internet investigation of the boston bombings. more specifically, people (on this very forum) were going through the dead indian student's family's posts on facebook, and freaking out about what his parents were saying: were they talking in code??? were they plotting out terrorism in the open???

it was loving stupid then, and it is loving stupid now. as matt so nicely put it, emails are decontextualized, if you lose some of the assumptions between the communicators, so of course it sounds like code. and these people are normies, so of course they reference things that happen in the real world, instead of things that have an electronic trail on the internet

lol yeah, like the one where the guy gives his friend some pasta and the friend says "maybe ill be able to beat you at Dominos over this pasta", which means Dominos must = loving and pasta = a naked kid, because no one online has witnessed old people talking to each other about their boring hobbies

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

uber_stoat posted:

Adam talking about going Zionist to get his dick sucked was some good poo poo.

The best part was him ending up as a double agent for the Palestinian students

Felix: "triple-parentheses seven"

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

padijun posted:

The best part was him ending up as a double agent for the Palestinian students

Felix: "triple-parentheses seven"

Came here to post this

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

SMERSH Mouth posted:

I'm still listening for the season finale of cum town where Adam and Stav gang up on Nick and make him cry.

the day that nick breaks kayfabe and acts like anything but a bombed out shell of a human being that can't be hurt is the day cum town dies.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

"iron dome" killed me.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

ATP_Power posted:

"iron dome" killed me.

That was pretty inspired.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

oatgan posted:

Cross immediately picks up on the bit and runs with it too though?

To be honest dude I didn't make it that far. Turned me off to the show for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

manyak posted:

lol yeah, like the one where the guy gives his friend some pasta and the friend says "maybe ill be able to beat you at Dominos over this pasta", which means Dominos must = loving and pasta = a naked kid, because no one online has witnessed old people talking to each other about their boring hobbies

pls do note that the codewords were decoded on 4chan

which has particular predilections