Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
Considering I consume 80% of all my best-friends media on the verge of falling asleep anyway, the Minecraft fuckthrough is pretty ideal and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Minecraft LP gets actively worse whenever they remotely pay attention to the game.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

HGH posted:

Minecraft LP gets actively worse whenever they remotely pay attention to the game.

If you're not looking at the game it can't hurt you.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Minecraft LP needs a couch slouch live cam.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
The Minecraft lp is Chewie and Fuckface The Podcast

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Depths posted:

The Minecraft lp is Chewie and Fuckface The Podcast

Chewie and Fuckface in (what is ostensibly) the Morning

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm watching it and Pat just sang AC/DC. It IS the best LP.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Why did AC/DC lie to us

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
RE7 has an "Item Box Opened" stat after you beat the game, I have to see what insane counter Pat racked up. I'm guessing it'll be 200+.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

YF-23 posted:

Halberd fanbois.

I'm glad he didn't roll with it either. I love the Halberd, especially in DaS1. It'd suck to have Woolie suffering through the LP with a weapon he didn't enjoy. I'm kind of hoping for a mid game turn around where he gets two fist weapons and the Dark Wood Grain Ring and decides to go all Bruce Lee with the poo poo, much to Pats chagrin.

Dias posted:

But Pat uses big-rear end two-handers, no? I thought those were The Fun Weapon

I think the real reason to not use the Halberd is that hitting with it looks like poo poo.

Do more backsteps and spin 2 wins with it scrubbbbbb </soulsfan>

HGH posted:

RE7 has an "Item Box Opened" stat after you beat the game, I have to see what insane counter Pat racked up. I'm guessing it'll be 200+.

Ha ha! I was hoping for something crazy like that! Should we start a pool for this? I'm gunna say 50.

DPM fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Feb 8, 2017

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
:allears: :allears: :allears: :allears: :allears:
RE7 lp owns. There's a segment where Pat fucks up and reloads his save, so they just tel billy to cut this part and mostly stay quiet, talk jokes but then say they should say it after it reloads and then Matt talks poo poo of MikeZ. Billy is the best.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Hey kids lets take some amphetamines and play Supermarket Sweep at the Texas Chainsaw Massacre house

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Pat still missed some items.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's worse than that.

There are flame rounds that aren't even hidden, they're just out in the open. He missed them the first time he went into that room and then some how missed them ALL OVER AGAIN even with them highlighted.

That's some kind of achievement

A Plus good job

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Billy did the right thing

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Just watched PEII, when they get to the part with the BP Vending Machine and they start saying that it's either A) The FBI is in on it, or B) it's really dumb.

Surprise, it's both! Your boss, Bowman, is working with the New Ark Staff on their project to clone Aya.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
If you think Pat missing stuff in RE7 is bad, do not watch PE2.
Just... I don't know what's happening but I can't wrap my head around anything he does, even as a compulsive resource saver myself.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I can't really give let's players crap for missing stuff, given that their attention is never completely on the game. It's hard to be funny and be good at the game at the same time.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
A lot of it is easily forgivable.

Missing a bright red thing on a shelf while talking about that specific kind of ammo that is right in front of you while it is also high lighted by the game to be even more visible is really special

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
Pat has mentioned that he has suffered with crippling anxiety toward public speaking from a young age, so much so that he had to complete every oral assignment he ever took in college on a 1-to-1 student/teacher basis, and that being recorded is an extension of that.

When he hosed up the audio on one of Paige's early streams live, he was practically on the verge of tears, pacing, fidgeting, wringing his hands all over the place. Dude holds it together really well 99% of the time, so I feel bad when people poo poo on him for being so blind in LPs, cause it clearly takes a lot of effort. I'm glad he's growing to like streaming though, hopefully it'll alleviate some of his anxiety once he gets into a routine swing.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I hope it didn't look like I was LOUDLY COMPLAINING, I'm just amused that he keeps loving around with items and ammo, saying one thing and doing another. It's honestly funny to watch (unless/until they get angry due to it).
I guess "Don't watch" came out harsh but I was just exaggerating.

HGH fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Feb 9, 2017

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
Oh no totally, I sympathise with the guy, but it's still hilarious to watch him systematically bumble through life. He somehow manages to be both methodical and uncoordinated at the same time.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
By his own admission he gets struck by inattentional blindness super hard, the average person would just stop talking before not noticing visual stimuli but not Patrick Boivin from the Insane Leprechaun Posse.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
just finished the cast with brennan(super good), in case someone in this thread has somehow never heard Woolie's "NUMBER ONE WITH A BULLET" worst boss quips, Flame Hyenard, click this video(bonus extra bad dialogue in the cutscene before the fight too). This is how it shipped, this is literally the actual gameplay audio, no modification. It's unbelievable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfTsvWTtoiQ&hd=1

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I love how often he and other are bringing up Flame Hyenard these days.
BURN

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Megaman X7 was my first Megaman game. Looking back, I'm kind of astonished that I grew to love the series so much.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Neo_Crimson posted:

Megaman X7 was my first Megaman game.

:stare: You poor, poor thing....

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
I only knew about Megaman X1 until the ps1 games.

I somehow missed MMX2 and MMX3 until emulators could play them properly.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
My whole interaction with Megaman is WoolieSouls-esque in how convoluted it is.

The first time I ever even heard of Megaman was in 2001, with the cartoon adaptation of battle network (Megaman NT Warrior); then my first game was X8 for the PS2, which I won in a radio call-in contest; then through hand-me downs from older cousins I got to play 2, 3, 5 and Legends; and then finally played X and X2 on an emulator years later.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The Kellogs boss fight was good.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

So, next episode. Which is Woolie going to do: kill Quelaag's Sister, kill Eingyi, or kill both?

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Dexie posted:

So, next episode. Which is Woolie going to do: kill Quelaag's Sister, kill Eingyi, or kill both?

Depends on if Pat tells him about the hidden wall because :lol: good luck finding that on a blind playthrough. It seems like he's heading straight to Demon Ruins right now anyways.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Depends on if Pat tells him about the hidden wall because :lol: good luck finding that on a blind playthrough. It seems like he's heading straight to Demon Ruins right now anyways.

Pat said on Twitter recently that Woolie does a 'throwing the fire-axe' level of loving up in Dark Souls, so I'm assuming he's going to murder one or both of them. That's the biggest gently caress up you can do in the game, I think, and I can't imagine what else it would be.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

the pale lady doesnt care at all if you kill eingyigniy
killing her lets you power up estus so it's generally good. you also have to attack her more than once so it cant really happen accidentally.
i still am betting on him eating the fire keeper soul

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Yeah, the only thing killing Eingyi does is lock you out of toxic mist. The only other thing he's good for is upgrading the pyro flame but Laurentius and Quelana are better for that.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Eating Big Soul for Big Gain is probably a good bet.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm glad Woolie is also a spear bro; I'm still rocking the regular spear in DS2 because the sweeping attack is super useful, like in the group boss battles against the horde of rats and the three priests/small undead horde in the church, which I did today, and were both super cool.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Dias posted:

Eating Big Soul for Big Gain is probably a good bet.

Yeah, he could have accidentally ate Quelaag's soul and get locked out of her sick rear end sword.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

frampt is awake now so he might just feed him the invincibility shield

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

GulagDolls posted:

frampt is awake now so he might just feed him the invincibility shield

Whoever said he's gonna roll into frampts hole. It'll definitely be that.