Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
My 'blem:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

breaks
May 12, 2001

Is there some way on PC to remap the controls when using a controller and not the keyboard? Maybe I am dumb but I can only find a way to do it for the mouse+kb controls.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

That's sweet. Here's mine! Zaibatsu is power.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

breaks posted:

Is there some way on PC to remap the controls when using a controller and not the keyboard? Maybe I am dumb but I can only find a way to do it for the mouse+kb controls.

There isn't, which pisses me off because my RB on my Xbone controller is really stiff so using light attacks makes my finger really sore. Also, half of the time they don't go either.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

PureRok posted:

So, what kind of Emblems did people make. As a big fan of Jeanne d'Arc, I tried to recreate her coat of arms, but there aren't any fleur-de-lis I could find, so I decided to use some crowns. I then had to use up my two extra slots to cover up the stupid lines coming from the sword. I think it doesn't look too bad, though.

E: For comparison

I went for red and white lines and a crown on a green hill, trying to get something close to the Magyar coat of arms

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Feb 9, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Game is DoA on PC. Queues for 1v1 are taking forever.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

fadam posted:

That lovely moba mode pops pretty much instantly though. Maybe people will trickle into 1v1 once they want something fun.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

fadam posted:

That seems to be just a matter of the matchmaking algorithm being unusually picky and/or finicky. Back in the alphas with just ~5,000 players you could usually find a match within about 20 seconds. Taking that much longer with a playercount of about 150,000 means it can only really be a bug or badly set parameters. Not to mention that 2v2 and 4v4 modes find games right quick.

Anyhow, jump attacks are without fail the best thing:
http://i.imgur.com/S9koRj0.mp4

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

fadam posted:

It's ironic because it closed beta, the 1v1 queue was pretty much instant

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I went from feeling confident about parrying in the advanced tutorial to losing half of my 1v1 battles against level 2 bots in Elimination. Embarrassing. I'm going to stick with the Warden using the "stick with one character and learn all of their nuances before moving to the next character" advice because I'm poo poo at fighting games and need to practice more. Felt like I was just getting the hang of it and started getting "matchmaking not ready" errors on Xbox.

My first question: What good is salvage for again? All the game really says is that it's good for your faction and you don't seem to get much for it from unwanted equipment.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Charles Martel posted:

My first question: What good is salvage for again? All the game really says is that it's good for your faction and you don't seem to get much for it from unwanted equipment.

It is required to upgrade equipment (along with steel). The amount needed will be displayed when you go to upgrade.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
so is it just me or can you not change half of the display settings? I can't set it to borderless windowed for whatever reason

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
How does stance changing work with a controller? I assume you just use a control stick the same way you use the mouse on the PC.

Honestly I'm having a hard time getting into this. The control scheme seems okay at first but the guard stance mode is really hard for me to get used to. I naturally want to let my mouse rest in the center, but when I do that I swipe out of the stance I want to be in.

The Iron Rose posted:

so is it just me or can you not change half of the display settings? I can't set it to borderless windowed for whatever reason

I was able to set it to borderless window just fine.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Feb 10, 2017

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I wonder what the meta faction is going to be

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

super macho dude posted:

The Bad Guys. character choice is jew/arab/black guy

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The raider is able to string an unblockable at any point in a light combo by doing his zoning attack, it's extremely broken.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Buschmaki posted:

The raider is able to string an unblockable at any point in a light combo by doing his zoning attack, it's extremely broken.

It's not broken: relying on it too much will be your undoing.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I really like this game for about 20 minutes after I start playing and then I get utterly bored. :(

tolaziforname
Nov 30, 2008

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I really like this game for about 20 minutes after I start playing and then I get utterly bored. :(

I feel the same way, but here I am 8 hours later.

Pinbacker
May 7, 2007

Gimbal lock posted:

It's not broken: relying on it too much will be your undoing.

Yeah anybody who knows how to parry will punish that

Esp. a warlord who will get a free heavy hit every time

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

The Iron Rose posted:

You have to not be in a game or practice mode for this to work.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Pinbacker posted:

Yeah anybody who knows how to parry will punish that

Esp. a warlord who will get a free heavy hit every time

Oh my lord I thought it was unparryable, people are bad at this game because I just spam that poo poo.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
My greatest critic point is probably the Tutorial, it seems well made but the Tutorial really doesn't teach you much about the game. Reading up on the combo lists and doing a few 1on1 Sparrings against AI or a buddy is really needed before venturing out on the battlefield unless you want to rely on just running into people that also only have the limited tutorial to draw upon. I started out liking the game during the tutorial, than enjoying the first 30 minutes, than slowly getting frustrated until it clicked and now I enjoy the combat more than I do mount & blade, especially in one on one modes or encounters. It's much more of a classic fighting game than M&B, but after playing the Beta for a few hours I am actually looking forward to playing the full version on release.... if they fix the UPlay connectivity, but that was a problem for all my UPlay titles today and doesn't seem to be For Honor specific.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Buschmaki posted:

Oh my lord I thought it was unparryable, people are bad at this game because I just spam that poo poo.

Are unparryable attacks a thing? I figured everything could be parried other than guard breaks.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
This game seems to draw on my harddrive to a ridiculous extent sometimes. It seriously uses up like 50-60 mb/s of read speed, which is as fast as my hard drive goes, and starts stuttering

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

super macho dude posted:

Everything I've read so far seems to point towards vikings being most popular.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
This game is loving fun. Made a Captain America shield with red stripes and a white star.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
This is the most compelling version of Slapsies you could ever hope to play

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is there some mode that almost everyone is playing? Tried 1v1 and Dominion but I'm stuck in the game finder forever.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
I'm getting instant 1v1 pops on PC nonstop. My game bugged out and I had to restart a few times, though. Try that?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Rainuwastaken posted:

Everything I've read so far seems to point towards vikings being most popular.

Can't wait to see the game dominated by viking samurai

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

fadam posted:

It's also DoA because its extremely bad and designed to be played on a controller. I wish they spent less time on such an elaborate dress-up system and more on a tutorial that actually teaches you the mechanics of the game. Unless you watch the little videos for each character you will be totally oblivious to much of the game's depth. The revive mechanic is pretty obscene in 4v4 deathmatch.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Obstacle2 posted:

It's also DoA because its extremely bad and designed to be played on a controller.

lol

the best part about this comment is some of the more advanced maneuvers are easiest to pull off with a mouse/kb. really shows you know what you're talking about

panda clue fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Feb 10, 2017

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is there anything in specific I should be spending my medieval funbux on or does it really not matter?

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

Is there anything in specific I should be spending my medieval funbux on or does it really not matter?

executions :getin:

tolaziforname
Nov 30, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

I bought :siren: Elite mode :siren: for the 2k steel or whatever: extra xp, extra drops

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Internet Kraken posted:

I'm saving mine up for SICK LAURELS on my samurai hats

Gunder
May 22, 2003

fadam posted:

I think this might be due to some beta matchmaking weirdness. On PC during the closed beta the 1v1 would insta-pop.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC
quick question, is there a place to practice combos on dummies? Also when do you click the next button in the combo sequence, I figure its like other fighting games where its as your hit lands? Can you continue the combo off a blocked attack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
Game is still amazing, but I predict it has no more than 4 months to live unless they switch to dedicated servers and really support it with new content/ideas.

You can quote my post in 4 months, tia!