Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Ether Frenzy posted:

If coffee tasted 1/3rd as good as it smelled, it'd be marvelous.

My company installed Juicero machines last year and we get daily deliveries of the juice packs.

I wonder if "Organic Blend" has the same connotations as "Synthetic Blend"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Safety Dance posted:

Aren't those like $7/glass? Do your coworkers just love the smell of burning money?

silicon valley dot jpg

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Larrymer posted:

You have to remember who you're talking to. The same guy that shits on America for everything and always touts how much better Australia is...And then I saw this post which confirmed my thoughts. :lol:

Well the USA is pretty good at electing the worst people possible for political office, I'll give you that

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I got the new car jitters somethin' fierce, picking it up in less than an hour.

Mazda's no longer road legal.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I drink the cheap stuff from Aldi. I had a local roaster I enjoyed in Memphis, but here in Nashville it's all hipster as gently caress. I keep a coffee pot in my classroom, too. Students would beg occasionally, but I drink mine black so they quickly became disinterested.

Tea on the other hand always seems to need a little milk or honey.

Oh. Hot sauce was good mixed into eggs this morning. Get some, is delicious.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Fermented Tinal posted:

I got the new car jitters somethin' fierce, picking it up in less than an hour.

Mazda's no longer road legal.

Youre buying an insanely boring car what is there to be jittery about

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

slidebite posted:

Crosspost from the Alberta thread. Appreciate opinions.

To be clear there is some damage but it isn't awful. I am sure a home inspector would catch it. My gut is telling me to offer $9K to the buyer to re-do the roof to their specs, but I'm not sold on either way.

rep Coffee Crew as well. I have a Behmor roaster too but to be honest, the last couple months I've been buying some fairly fresh roasted premade since my green beans are out of stock but it's not too bad.
Andreja Premium and Mazzer that I've used daily for the past 10 years, maybe more.

That looks identical to my isomac millenium. E61 supremacy baby. For greens, check out greencoffeebuyingclub.com and happymug.com. Those are my two go-to's. Sweet marias is good but pretty pricey. Theta ridge is really cheap and worth mentioning as well.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

KozmoNaut posted:

*Adds a mountain of sugar and an ocean of milk to a thimbleful of coffee*

My dad has reached the logical conclusion of this and now just adds a scoop of vanilla ice cream to his coffee. Cools it off, sweetens and creams it up exactly how he likes it.

Adiabatic posted:

that's "Adiabatic, EIT" to you lot.

:hfive:

Wishing I'd taken the FE when I had the chance - right after college with the info still fresh in my head like everyone else I graduated with. I was going through a lot of marriage dysfunction though and was focusing 100% on just getting back to work. For someone who doesn't know how to earn a living my ex sure knew how to throw a financial guilt trip/pity party.

A friend of mine got lucky and his company decided they wanted every engineer to be a PE. So they paid him to study for it on the clock a couple hours each day. He was sure he failed but got it on the first try, 18 years after taking the FE.

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Feb 9, 2017

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

LloydDobler posted:

A friend of mine got lucky and his company decided they wanted every engineer to be a PE. So they paid him to study for it on the clock a couple hours each day. He was sure he failed but got it on the first try, 18 years after taking the FE.

I'm hosed if I ever need to get mine. I passed the FE in Ohio and don't live there anymore (it's state by state for anybody that wasn't aware) but maybe they'd let it transfer. Still, 8 hours of test for the PE without multiple choice (likely how I passed the FE, lol) answers would be rough. I think when they pass/fail people it's based on a distribution for who took it at that time vs raw score, IIRC. So that can help or hurt you.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Rhyno posted:

I get so nervous every time somebody posts that they're about to try it!

I liked the sauce, but it didn't work well with the crappy store bought hot wings I had. Will find something else to use it on though.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Liquid Communism posted:

That's a good description. I usually like a darker roast, but even Starbucks' milder stuff is burnt to poo poo.

A associate opined that it's because Starbuck anticipates you loading it up with cream, sugar, whip, mocha, etc. Teh burn it so you can still taste something resembling coffee through all the poo poo.

Adiabatic posted:

Continually living outside of your comfort zone makes you grow as a person and keeps you from becoming bitterly entrenched in your ways. College and full-time work together will definitely spur that.

Makes me think maybe I should change jobs. I've been at the same place for 17 years (as of this month!) albeit under three different employers, doing more or less the same job. At least with the latest version, I'm basically the entirety of Mac support, which comes with some managing of the machines, packaging software, etc. that I didn't have before, or on the Windows side. I think if I dive more into the environment management stuff, it might be a bit more interesting.
I'm trying to get the company to spring for the $$ to go to a training week for the management software we're using, but it's $5K.
I could probably figure it out as needed on my own, but I learn better in a classroom/project environment, and trying to learn it under pressure and having to work on routine tickets at the same time is no fun.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Larrymer posted:

I'm hosed if I ever need to get mine. I passed the FE in Ohio and don't live there anymore (it's state by state for anybody that wasn't aware) but maybe they'd let it transfer. Still, 8 hours of test for the PE without multiple choice (likely how I passed the FE, lol) answers would be rough. I think when they pass/fail people it's based on a distribution for who took it at that time vs raw score, IIRC. So that can help or hurt you.

If you passed the FE you don't need to take it again for the PE. The EIT and PE designations are on a state basis, but the tests are standardized nationally.

The PE isn't computer-based like the FE (yet), but it's now multiple-choice. All of the answers they give you can be had by loving up using the wrong equation or forgetting to convert units. It's brutal.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Adiabatic posted:

If you passed the FE you don't need to take it again for the PE. The EIT and PE designations are on a state basis, but the tests are standardized nationally.

The PE isn't computer-based like the FE (yet), but it's now multiple-choice. All of the answers they give you can be had by loving up using the wrong equation or forgetting to convert units. It's brutal.

Good to know, sounds like things have changed a bit vs 10 years ago or my memory is bad. Back then, nothing was computerized when I took the FE. :corsair:

You were allowed to bring a very specific model of calculator and #2 pencils. I don't think they even allowed people to wear watches. It's was very over the top serious.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Still very over-the-top serious. The multiple choice PE and computer-based FE are both pretty recent changes so don't feel too old.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

fridge corn posted:

Youre buying an insanely boring car what is there to be jittery about

It's more joy over being free from the shackles of my Mazda 6.

Picked up car and I managed to get all the way home before stalling it backing in. :v:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Darchangel posted:

A associate opined that it's because Starbuck anticipates you loading it up with cream, sugar, whip, mocha, etc. Teh burn it so you can still taste something resembling coffee through all the poo poo.

The reason they do it is that starbucks is all about tasting the same. Coffee doesn't taste the same. Different regions taste different and beans from the same farm can taste different different years. You can either embrace that variety (3rd wave), blend it to try to make it taste the same (hard), or burn the every loving gently caress out of it.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
At some point couldn't you just brew charcoal instead and have the same thing?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Dog cares nothing about your coffee, he has alfa romeo

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I see your afla romeo and raise you one of these:

That was another car at the dealership I bought the versa from. Only hint is it's a Nissan (they used to be the local Nissan dealership until 5 years ago).

And another Nissan, the second hint you get is that the first car is related to this one.

Not another Nissan, or the world's greatest car. It's just a Tribute.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I test drove a Tribute today (it's on my short list). Did they offer them in the 4 banger?

Edit: Question, what would be the logistics in creating a fiberglass cast of a rear diffuser?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

You can get the 4cyl/manual combo in a Tribute or Escape, and they actually aren't bad cars for the money. It's the V6 auto that has issues making GBS threads transmissions because apparently the V6 is too much for it.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Fermented Tinal posted:

That was another car at the dealership I bought the versa from. Only hint is it's a Nissan (they used to be the local Nissan dealership until 5 years ago).

That's obviously a juke.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Wonderboy is a better song than Tribute.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

You can get the 4cyl/manual combo in a Tribute or Escape, and they actually aren't bad cars for the money. It's the V6 auto that has issues making GBS threads transmissions because apparently the V6 is too much for it.

I knew the Escape was. Tributes seem to have much lower price tags in this region. I'm just keeping my eyes open for a 4 cyl model.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

STR catte is equally unimpressed with coffee chat

So a friend of mine just laid down a new tile floor in his upstairs bathroom.... directly onto the wood subfloor. Nothing but thinset between the tile and wood.

He swears it'll be fine and won't crack or rot, because "I screwed the plywood right into the beams!". I'm not entirely convinced for some reason. :downsgun:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Wonderboy is a better song than Tribute.

Still prefer City Hall myself, but none of those lend themselves to a terrible car pun quite so well.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I knew the Escape was. Tributes seem to have much lower price tags in this region. I'm just keeping my eyes open for a 4 cyl model.

I thought about getting one, someone local had a Tribute for sale really cheap, but I just didn't like the way it drove. Shifted like a Ford Ranger and felt top heavy, small suv's in general just ride like poo poo if you're used to cars.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

STR catte is equally unimpressed with coffee chat

I never knew Ren and Stimpy did rear end to rear end

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

You need more Ren & Stimpy Adult Party Cartoon in your life.

(e: I think the rear end to rear end is part of the intro on the original cartoon too, but the Adult Party Cartoon version is ... interesting)

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Feb 10, 2017

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Fermented Tinal posted:

Z32 300 ZX, in what one magazine of the time called "radioactive banana". Actual name is Pearl Yellow Metallic or thereabouts. I think the former fits better.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I never knew Ren and Stimpy did rear end to rear end

Happy happy joy joy. Both the song title and a euphemism for rear end to rear end.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

Fermented Tinal posted:

Its a Z32 300ZX. Because beautiful car.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

You need more Ren & Stimpy Adult Party Cartoon in your life.

(e: I think the rear end to rear end is part of the intro on the original cartoon too, but the Adult Party Cartoon version is ... interesting)

Nobody deserves that kind of punishment. :catstare:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I thought about getting one, someone local had a Tribute for sale really cheap, but I just didn't like the way it drove. Shifted like a Ford Ranger and felt top heavy, small suv's in general just ride like poo poo if you're used to cars.

I also have my eye on a Mazda6 wagon (a shame it never came with the 4cyl) and a somehow rust free Protege5.

Skier
Apr 24, 2003

Fuck yeah.
Fan of Britches

NitroSpazzz posted:

I was looking for similar but wanted to go on the smaller side of trucks and ended up with the 1979 Ford Courier. It's slow and fairly gutless (2.3L I4, 5-speed) but it'll cruise at 70 if you need it to. For long trips with the bike I still use a trailer behind the TDI but anything under an hour I use the truck. Hauls plenty, runs great and I think I have ~2k in it after fixing a bunch of things.

I was using searchtempest (when it used to work good) and these were the searches I was doing for older small trucks.
Chevrolet|chevy LUV
ford courier
mazda b1500|REPU|proceed|1500
toyota hilux|scout
vw|volkswagen caddy|pickup|truck
izuzu pup
mitsubishi mighty|max
dodge d50|50|rampage
plymouth arrow
datsun|nissan 620|720|520|521
jeep comanche|fc

Excellent, thanks, will take a look at those too. Probably a better fit as well, the short bed I linked is probably still too big for my needs.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Rhyno posted:

My sister has a 4i Tribute. She does not like it. Gets the job done in dirt road michigandia though.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Rhyno posted:

I also have my eye on a Mazda6 wagon (a shame it never came with the 4cyl) and a somehow rust free Protege5.

Don't do it. Spare yourself my insanity.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Rhyno posted:

...rust free Protege5.

That's funny. You're funny.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

That's funny. You're funny.

I didn't believe it either. It doesn't even have the hatch badge hole rust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Welp permanently deleted my FB account

Still waiting for the massive quality of life boost

• Locked thread