Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dphi
Jul 9, 2001
https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/829357644364214272?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Dougherty was the passenger when Reaves got busted for DUI. Wondering if Oregon is able to get Dameyune Craig now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

They're perfect in the SEC

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Korranus posted:

They're perfect in the SEC

Texas schools already have their own conference to underperform in.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Time posted:

I don't know how people can follow recruiting after you read a paragraph like this. It's homeroom gossip filtering up to adults on the internet lmao

yeah I agree. I just sign up for the free 247 alerts for general football stuff, but I'd never pay to get info on high school kids. That little diddy I saw on /r/cfb, but I've also seen it on other UGA blogs.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Pakled posted:

The one P5 school that sticks out as being in the wrong conference to me is WVU.

WVU was for a short time in the 50s in the Southern Conference with the schools who broke off to form the ACC. They stuck around for a while longer and then went independent and realigned as a northeastern school, eventually helping form the Big East, only to see most of those schools break off to join the ACC. WVU has a history of bad conference luck.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

dphi posted:

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/829357644364214272?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Dougherty was the passenger when Reaves got busted for DUI. Wondering if Oregon is able to get Dameyune Craig now.

Makes sense, he was an analyst with Fisch at Michigan.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Missouri in the SEC East

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Missouri in the SEC is weird unless you've been anywhere in Missouri outside of St. Louis and Kansas City and then it makes total sense. Them being in the "east" is dumb though, yeah

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Texas schools already have their own conference to underperform in.

you mean HAD

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

KKKLIP ART posted:

Yeah the message board rumors are that after Solomon had that "gently caress Michigan" video posted, which he was with a bunch of UGA recruits, his Mom put the kabosh on UGA as a choice at all and Rocker went off. Before that Solomon was a silent commit and Kirby pit the blame of him ending up at Michigan on Rocker and felt like it was bad enough that Rocker had to go. Who knows how much is actually true though

Solomon was a silent commit to Michigan the day after the "gently caress Michigan" video per other recruits in the class, so maybe that set him off. Recruiting is the best/worst

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA should have sent a better cake and Tracy Rocker would still have a job.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Apparently he's staying, so MV can stop trolling and concede that Blazek sucks now, given that he does and all.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I think he's fine but it will also be funny if he used Iowa to get a raise from Rutgers. Iowa's o line will be fine regardless of the coach as long as Ferentz is around so it's not a big deal

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Looks like Nebraska's remaining position coach opening is being filled by Bob Elliott, who has been everywhere (Iowa, MV?) and was with Diaco at Notre Dame.

This guy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

charlie ragle went to cal to coach special teams. he was my middle school gym teacher and he'd holler at me when he drove down the street to and from school.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Real Name Grover posted:

Looks like Nebraska's remaining position coach opening is being filled by Bob Elliott, who has been everywhere (Iowa, MV?) and was with Diaco at Notre Dame.

This guy

Bump Elliott's son, right? I was 11 for his last season at Iowa so I'm not really old enough to have strong opinions on his time as the secondary coach. Older fans seem to think he was fine and he would have coached some really good players. His tenure as D.C. wasn't very good but Iowa's recruiting fell apart at the end of Hayden's tenure because Hayden was old and sick, so I don't know if it was really his fault. Seems like he's spent a lot of time since bouncing all over the Fry/Snyder tree.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Feb 9, 2017

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

MourningView posted:

Bump Elliott's son, right?

The same!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Bump was the best thing to ever happen to Iowa athletics by a mile so I fully support his family coasting on his name for as long as possible. Dude hired Hayden, Lute Olson, Tom Davis, C. Vivian Stringer, and Dan motherfucking Gable.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
The man also took a bone marrow transplant in the late 90s for a rare cancer and got a kidney from his sister four years ago.

#grit

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Bump Elliot actually sucks and was bad

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
In a shocking but not really move, Chizik is stepping down at UNC.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Bump is a cool name so there is that

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Is this a good hire? Not familiar with the guy.

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/829818890452561920

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Saucer Crab posted:

WVU was for a short time in the 50s in the Southern Conference with the schools who broke off to form the ACC. They stuck around for a while longer and then went independent and realigned as a northeastern school, eventually helping form the Big East, only to see most of those schools break off to join the ACC. WVU has a history of bad conference luck.

WVU was also caught in a rough spot, because the Big East wasn't viable moving forward, the SEC wasn't interested in them, and the ACC has a lot of bad blood with WVU in recent history.

ACC is the best fit in terms of rivalries that WVU fans care about, but politics aren't going to let that happen for a long while; the Big XII is better than the alternative for now.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

After his dismissal as Auburn head coach, Chizik spent two years with his family. He only decided to join North Carolinas as defensive coordinator because it worked with his family. Now he’s getting out of the game on his own terms. The 55-year-old Chizik won national titles as a Texas assistant in 2005 and Auburn head coach in 2010.

“The past two years at the University of North Carolina and the opportunity to work with Coach Fedora have been a blessing, and I'm extremely proud of the success we enjoyed," Chizik said in a release. "I have always told my players family should come before football, and it's time for me to follow my own advice.

“I look forward to watching my own son play the game I've dedicated my life and career to for the next two years, and I look forward to the simple joys of being a father and husband I've missed out on."

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Also "I suck"

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Bump Elliot actually sucks and was bad

Strong evidence that he was actually good and cool right here

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

MourningView posted:

Strong evidence that he was actually good and cool right here

2nd worst winning % of any coach in the history of Michigan. However, I do like Rich Rod who is by far the worst, so maybe Bump can still be cool.

Also, as a fun bonus, Bump Elliot's catastrophic win % is significantly better than the University of Rutgers all time win % so he has that going for him

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Coach Kool promoted to assistant head coach. guessing someone tried to poach him.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Dilber posted:

Coach Kool promoted to assistant head coach. guessing someone tried to poach him.

He apparently had interest from the Saints and other teams in the NFL

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Auburn takes UNC's RB coach Larry Porter.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

pillsburysoldier posted:

After his dismissal as Auburn head coach, Chizik spent two years with his family. He only decided to join North Carolinas as defensive coordinator because it worked with his family. Now he’s getting out of the game on his own terms. The 55-year-old Chizik won national titles as a Texas assistant in 2005 and Auburn head coach in 2010.

“The past two years at the University of North Carolina and the opportunity to work with Coach Fedora have been a blessing, and I'm extremely proud of the success we enjoyed," Chizik said in a release. "I have always told my players family should come before football, and it's time for me to follow my own advice.

“I look forward to watching my own son play the game I've dedicated my life and career to for the next two years, and I look forward to the simple joys of being a father and husband I've missed out on."

Typically anyone resigning to spend time with their family got to choose to resign or get fired.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
:siren:Rumors:siren: out of Kansas State are that Bill Snyder is stepping down due to his health.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Pakled posted:

:siren:Rumors:siren: out of Kansas State are that Bill Snyder is stepping down due to his health.

I saw one report saying he was being treated, and another report saying he had to be hospitalized. Get well, Purple Wizard :smith:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Leave Tim Brewster alone Alabama, you monsters

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Bill Snyder's been diagnosed with throat cancer. He released a statement

Bill posted:

“I feel bad having to release this information about my health in this manner prior to sharing it in person with so many personal friends, distant family, players and their families, past and present, and many of the Kansas State football family so close to our program,” Snyder said. “But, with so much talk presently out there, I certainly owe it to everyone to make them aware of my condition.

“I have been diagnosed with throat cancer and have been receiving outpatient treatment at the KU Medical Center for about three weeks and am getting along very well. The doctors and staffs at both KU Med and M.D. Anderson (in Houston, Texas) have been great; working so very well together to finalize the overall treatment plan which is being conducted in Kansas City. Both ‘teams’ have projected a positive outcome and have worked out a schedule that allows me to be in Kansas City for my regular treatments and still be back in the office on a regular basis through the first week of March. Sean, along with our coaching and support staffs, remain highly productive in carrying out their responsibilities keeping us on track.

“I greatly appreciate our President, Richard Myers, and Athletic Director, John Currie, for their continued support, and I’m very grateful to those who have responded over the past 24 hours via calls, texts, emails, etc., with such kind thoughts and words. And again, my apology to each of you whom I did not have the opportunity to reach personally before this release.

“As I’ve said so often: we came to Kansas State University because of the people, we stayed because of the people and we came back because of you, the people. Nothing has changed.

“And most importantly, what an amazing personal family I have been blessed with: Sharon, our children: Sean, Shannon, Meredith, Ross and Whitney and their spouses, along with our eight grandchildren and one great grandchild, have been truly special and motivational for me and for each other during this brief setback. Sharon has made great sacrifices to help me through this and the kids are there every day with their love and encouragement. And today that same love and encouragement is coming from our Kansas State, Manhattan and community families.”

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

DJExile posted:

Included in his will will be a hand-written note congratulating cancer on a well-fought battle.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

DJExile posted:

He obviously knows that Kansas State is going to return to their pre-Snyder levels of suck once he's gone, so continuing to coach is a pretty honorable thing to do.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
Jeffrey Sandusky, 41-year-old son of ex-Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky, charged with child sexual abuse

Things are going well I see...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARCDad
Jul 22, 2007
Not to be confused with poptartin

SeaborneClink posted:

Jeffrey Sandusky, 41-year-old son of ex-Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky, charged with child sexual abuse

Things are going well I see...

Like father, like son.

• Locked thread