Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
lucky they dropped the rumoured $250,000 up front payment or they'd have a lot less candidates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Crikey posted:

George Christensen has refused to rule out joining One Nation.
Christensen has spoken to Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce saying he is in unsure of his future with the party

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Honestly it's amazing that the ~right wing party~ are also splitting on ultranationalist lines, although I don't feel like it's attracting the same amount of negative press that the "left renewal" thing did

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Recoome posted:

Honestly it's amazing that the ~right wing party~ are also splitting on ultranationalist lines, although I don't feel like it's attracting the same amount of negative press that the "left renewal" thing did

No where near. It's being reported fairly calmly while left renewal, a small group that no one defected to, was something that the Green's had to come out and condemn. A rare time when the media was very happy to report on what the Greens were saying.

"Let's oppress and low key encourage violence against some Australians if we don't like the colour of they skin. Because of security reasons even though it will likely make us less safe as we create more enemies."
Gets mainstream press, government works with them, sitting Lib and ex-Libs join up.

"Capitalism is a violent system that fucks up a lot of people. We should end it"
A ridiculous notion that has no place in our democracy!

Cirofren fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Feb 10, 2017

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

NTRabbit posted:

Abbott wants to opportunistically take the leadership back, and thinks his tough guy against Russia show really played really well with the voting public last time, there's actually nothing more to it than that.

There's also the "I, unlike the current PM, won't let foreign leaders walk all over me" subtext but that's complete bullshit.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
Hey so I have less time to read and more time to listen coming up. Are there any good Australian podcasts or radio shows for politics that aren't just right wing garbage?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
The intolerant left unfairly portray anyone who disagrees with them as bigoted psychopaths

The only good thing about Muslims is they throw gay people off buildings

An informative dinner with the Q Society

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Solemn Sloth posted:

quote:

Larry Pickering...Kirralie Smith... Liberal Party defector Cory Bernardi and LNP MP George Christensen...Angry Anderson

:barf:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Solemn Sloth posted:

The intolerant left unfairly portray anyone who disagrees with them as bigoted psychopaths

https://twitter.com/missmayn/status/829590447467032577

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

Cirofren posted:

Hey so I have less time to read and more time to listen coming up. Are there any good Australian podcasts or radio shows for politics that aren't just right wing garbage?

A couple of goons from this very thread do Continuity and Change, which makes efforts at balance at least. Otherwise you have Australian Politics from the Guardian with thread favorite Katharine Murphy, or longer-form Well May We Say.

I'm on mobile or I'd throw in some links.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Cirofren posted:

Well may we say - Jeremy Sear previously of Something Wonky (RIP) and Crikey's Pure Poison (name the TV show that came from) new Podcast - http://www.wellmaywesay.com

Other than that, dunno.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
We truly live in the worst timeline

https://twitter.com/Ausgrid/status/829905928296148992

e:
https://twitter.com/rpy/status/829906375379542017

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Sydney's getting cooked, Melbourne wins again.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Solemn Sloth posted:

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Resident Idiot posted:

A couple of goons from this very thread do Continuity and Change, which makes efforts at balance at least. Otherwise you have Australian Politics from the Guardian with thread favorite Katharine Murphy, or longer-form Well May We Say.

I'm on mobile or I'd throw in some links.

You Am I posted:

Well may we say - Jeremy Sear previously of Something Wonky (RIP) and Crikey's Pure Poison (name the TV show that came from) new Podcast - http://www.wellmaywesay.com

Other than that, dunno.

Thanks I'll queue 'em up!

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
In the current narrative who is to blame in NSW if the lights go out? This is coal burning central. The culprit couldn't be the cuddle little scamp piece of Anthracite that was being handed around in parliament could it? I know the answer is going to be NSW trying to fulfil its RET but is anyone really that loving stupid?

Also I think Trampballs may have misread his audience with his manly, but ultimately incoherent, attack on Shorten Curlies. A significant part of the vote LNP demographic are older women who, despite it not generally being in their best interests, vote for the 'safe hands' of the Liberals due to their share portfolios/investment properties/bank deposits. This was a major part of why NTATA had to go. This segment was coming around to not liking him and the way he was a disgusting misogynistic creep. They enthusiastically supported Trampballs but the demeanour of his attack on Shorten Curlies is exactly the wrong look. Own goal? All the press he got for it may ultimately be the straw that sees him on the backbench, especially with the on going trainwreck that is his administration. Or should I say 'Mal' administration? No I guess I really shouldn't.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I haven't seen a lot of negative press regarding Trumble's hypocritical attack, but yeah it's definitely not an amazing look.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

We can thank Joe Hockey for tirelessly fighting to keep wind turbines away from Sydney.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can't get enough of this, it's perfect

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Tokamak posted:

We can thank Joe Hockey for tirelessly fighting to keep wind turbines away from Sydney.

But on such a hot day maybe they would have helped cool everyone down with a nice refreshing breeze?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

iajanus posted:

But on such a hot day maybe they would have helped cool everyone down with a nice refreshing breeze?

No you see they are an eyesore i say as i am literally feeling the moisture in my eyes evaporate into steam

Coal the way of the future

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

QUACKTASTIC posted:

I can't get enough of this, it's perfect

Someone needs to get Bannon one of those Grand Vizier hats with the spike.

Given his politics, wandering around in cargo pants just doesn't cut it.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

quote:

Under questioning from bewildered Labor senator Sam Dastyari, who had appeared as a guest on One Nation's 'weekly catch up' Facebook broadcast, Senator Hanson said she liked Mr Putin "as a person who stands up for his country and he fights for his country…as a strong leader for his country."

"…[On MH17] You are picking out something, do you think that everything that our prime ministers have done has been in the best interests?

"You know everyone has done something.

"I am not saying I support him for what he has done there, but overall, as a person, who is strong and stands up for his country [I do support him]."

Senator Dastyari referred to Mr Putin as a "murderous tyrant", while Senator Hanson's colleague Malcolm Roberts also professed his admiration for the Russian leader.

:australia:

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...209-gu9lj0.html

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gorilla Salad posted:

Someone needs to get Bannon one of those Grand Vizier hats with the spike.

Given his politics, wandering around in cargo pants just doesn't cut it.

I was thinking pickelhaube but yours works too.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Recoome posted:

I haven't seen a lot of negative press regarding Trumble's hypocritical attack, but yeah it's definitely not an amazing look.

ABC News Breakfast were taking it as given that the party members and rusted-on voters love that poo poo but everybody else hates it.

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

Wow One Nation actually expressing a sensible opinion while the ALP guy acts like a child. What a time to be alive...

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

thatfatkid posted:

Wow One Nation actually expressing a sensible opinion while the ALP guy acts like a child. What a time to be alive...

Putin, strong man, standing up for his country, decriminalizing domestic violence.

Also "everyone's done something" is the dumbest possible stance to take on lovely actions by other countries.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

hooman posted:

Putin, strong man, standing up for his country, decriminalizing domestic violence.

Also "everyone's done something" is the dumbest possible stance to take on lovely actions by other countries.

Not if you like the something, but just can't say it in polite company.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

thatfatkid posted:

im not a puppet it is you who are the puppet

Trollmaster 2000

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Not sure which nation in the name "one nation" is the one they mean

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Also lets not forget Putins laws on the gays

Great man

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
You're acting like the kind of people who think Putin is good don't also want to beat their wives and kill gays.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Solemn Sloth posted:

You're acting like the kind of people who think Putin is good don't also want to beat their wives and kill gays.

Woosh

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

iajanus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmDVHs-juPo

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

Lid posted:

im not a puppet it is you who are the puppet

Trollmaster 2000

Lid posted:

Also lets not forget Putins laws on the gays

Great man

What are you going on about? Are you ok?

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010
http://www.theage.com.au/federal-po...210-gua4ga.html

quote:

Former Liberal MP Ross Cameron has resisted making an apology for derogatory remarks about gay people he made at a conservative fundraiser, as colleagues and the NSW Liberal Party distance themselves from him.

The Liberal Party member and Sky News presenter told the Sydney gathering the NSW division of the Liberal Party was "basically a gay club" and labelled Fairfax Media's Sydney Morning Herald "The Sydney Morning Homosexual".
"I don't see a single sentence of my remarks which is critical of gays," he said. "I gave a very pro-gay speech in which I said gays have been associated with the creative class since the beginning of history."

Being so homophobic you think gays have overrun the Liberal Party is kind of impressive.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

thatfatkid posted:

What sensible opinion was that?

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

Doctor Spaceman posted:

What sensible opinion was that?

Not acting like a child and name calling the leader of one of the most powerful nations in the world?

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

thatfatkid posted:

Not acting like a child and name calling the leader of one of the most powerful nations in the world?

calm_rational_hitler_comic.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I too wish we had more respect for P W Botha

• Locked thread