Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Here's something that might interest people here. There's a Kickstarter just started for a book about unmade toys.

It's a little pricey for a book, but if the promises hold up, it should be a nice coffee table book about action figures that never quite made it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Fuzz posted:

Fixed that for you.

The Dark Crystal stuff is actually figures, they aren't bad for what they are.

Animale
Sep 30, 2009

Fuzz posted:

Got my ML Taskmaster and Yamagushi Spidey today. :woot:

Spidey's neck beck comes apart a bit easily :smith: but otherwise is loving AWESOME. Taskmaster is pretty great and pairs well with my Yamaguchi Deadpool. Can take some pics of my current setups if people care, though still playing with Spidey because holy poo poo so fun.

Yes, it's so good. I got mine yesterday too and right now he's crawling on the fridge where he'll most likely remain until I get the Venom so I can do stupid fight scenes.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The_Doctor posted:

Here's something that might interest people here. There's a Kickstarter just started for a book about unmade toys.

It's a little pricey for a book, but if the promises hold up, it should be a nice coffee table book about action figures that never quite made it.

That a cool idea for a kickstarter, but it also always depressing hearing about what figures never happened as a kid. Like I have all the figures from the old Darkwing Duck and Talespin toyline, but even on the back of the package you can see two characters who were never made for Talespin. Or DWD having a second wave that would hat at least the rest of the major villains and supporting heroes. :smith:

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Guy Goodbody posted:

You're forgetting one

Hell yes. I had to check I had it preordered and I do so I guess I'm gonna be in for a nice surprise when it shows up after I inevitably forget about it again.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
Hell yeah. New reveal from Mythic Legions is awesome

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's too much armor for a goblin

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's too much armor for a goblin

Please don't kinkshame the goblin

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Rage posted:

Please don't kinkshame the goblin

Kinkshame the Goblin

Mods, name change?

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:
http://www.comingsoon.net/extras/news/811821-exclusive-spider-man-homecoming-marvel-legends-revealed#/slide/1

Homecoming ML Wave - that spidey and Ultimate IM are gorgeous.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

I wonder if the wings will be like the 2099 thing or what. Looks like it's using the new 2099's new mold, though, so that can only be a good thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I don't think that's Ultimate Iron Man.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I don't think that's Ultimate Iron Man.

It's not...technically. I'm curious as to what the package will say. The coloring is a ringer though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Donde Esta posted:

It's not...technically. I'm curious as to what the package will say. The coloring is a ringer though.

It just looks like what Stark wears in Homecoming.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Which in itself is a nod to Ultimate, I'd say.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fuzz posted:

Which in itself is a nod to Ultimate, I'd say.

Like, vaguely?

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I didn't think that was out yet -- I'd be totally okay with the homage though. That color scheme is my favorite.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He's in the trailer in armor and even though it's brief that's what it looks like.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Has anyone ever found a reliable but not annoying way to tighten NECA predator joints? All my beloved Kenner-style predators from a few years ago can't stand up any more, especially Lava Planet.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Future?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Oh man the new Mezco 1:12 stuff looks amazing. Ghostbusters, Popeye, Space Ghost, Captain Marvel with a little Mr. Mind, Ash, Dawn of the Dead Zombies!

I wasn't too keen to jump on board before but now I feel like I have no choice.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Where are you seeing them? Have they fixed the Ghostbusters so they're not looking like they've got fat suits on?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Yeah, sorry, that's an obvious possibility. I guess I was wondering if anyone has other methods. I've used future a million times but it never seemed suitable for something like a NECA knee joint. Do you just put a little on and work the joint for 10 minutes until it's dry?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Djarum posted:

Oh man the new Mezco 1:12 stuff looks amazing. Ghostbusters, Popeye, Space Ghost, Captain Marvel with a little Mr. Mind, Ash, Dawn of the Dead Zombies!

I wasn't too keen to jump on board before but now I feel like I have no choice.

I have Green Arrow preordered. I hope he shows up soon, BBTS got theirs in so they've hit North America at least.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

My Yamaguchi Spider-Man's head pin keeps falling apart, so I had to start an exchange with BBTS with an elaborate video. Here, have fun watching!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1H9V5cVcsngVUNxdVo4cGRmbDQ/view?usp=sharing

:smith:

EDIT: (And yes, I had to lay my phone on the edge of a table to have both hands free. Shutup.)

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

The_Doctor posted:

Where are you seeing them? Have they fixed the Ghostbusters so they're not looking like they've got fat suits on?

http://thefwoosh.com/2017/02/mezco-one12-toy-fair-preview

And no sadly. That Darkseid and Ironman looks amazing too.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Spaaaaaaace Ghoooooooost! Any idea what pricing will be like on these?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Cloks posted:

Looks like on Mezco's site that everything is either 70-75 bucks a pop which isn't too bad considering what you are getting.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Cloks posted:

Most are between $70-80, so they're pretty reasonable.

Djarum posted:

That Popeye is both awesome and horrifying. And why is it impossible to find smiling Superman merch? The man smiles! He smiled for 70 years!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

That Daredevil and Spidey are so tempting, but the risk of crotch rip on the cloth outfit dissuades me.

Also that Netflix Daredevil's outfit looks so terrible, jesus. Hopefully they fix that poo poo up in the next year, otherwise that'll be one garbagey figure.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Djarum posted:

Actually that's a hell of a lot better than when they were announced last year, so I might have to give them a punt. Unless I go crazy and buy one of the two 1/6 scale Ghostbusters coming out. I think that's right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

. And why is it impossible to find smiling Superman merch? The man smiles! He smiled for 70 years!

I think the only smiling Superman figure I won is the Jack Kirby one and even then it's more of a grimace. I have a Man of Steel statue of Christopher Reeve that has him beaming though.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Replace his head with Shazam's. Easy.

DC should should put out Doc Shaner designed figures.Grins would come standard.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

"Steve, you gotta help me, I bought way too much stiff huge-threaded fabric!"

"Bill, you've been my best friend for 20 years and you're my son's godfather, but my company makes 1:12 figures and soft goods always look terrible at that scale."

"If you don't help me offload this fabric, I'm going to lose everything!"

"May god forgive me, even though I can never forgive myself....send the lot over." *shoots self*

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
What makes the Mezco 1:12 figures so good? On Amiami they're twice the price of, say, a Mafex figure and while I can see some slight differences I can't see twice the price worth of differences.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

If they make any of the supporting Space Ghost characters, I'll cave. Someone make me an amazing 1:6 Brak and you can have all of my money.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I would like a Zorak that has a voice chip

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rhyno posted:

I would like a Zorak that has a voice chip

Shame it will have to be archival audio now. :smith:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

cyberia posted:

What makes the Mezco 1:12 figures so good? On Amiami they're twice the price of, say, a Mafex figure and while I can see some slight differences I can't see twice the price worth of differences.

While I don't know if it makes them good, what makes them cost more is that they have clothes. They're not just articulated plastic figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rirse posted:

Shame it will have to be archival audio now. :smith:

THAT'S WHY I WANT IT

in tribute