Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

John Murdoch posted:

Dang. I had a feeling it was too early a port to handle that kind of stuff super well.

I tried enabling gamepad for Alpha Protocol, but the deadzones were weird and I had Thorton constantly nudging forward so I had to settle with kb+m. The problem with that control scheme was that the sensitivity for emplaced sniper rifles was too much and I couldn't aim at anything and the hacking challenges were easy to fudge because it was easy to overshoot with the mouse cursor but you had to mash the gently caress out of wasd to get that side to move at even a tenth of the speed.

Action Tortoise has a new favorite as of 13:14 on Feb 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

betamax hipster
Aug 13, 2016
The trick with kb/m hacking is to move your mouse slowly and steadily in cardinal directions. The game's reinterpreting the motion of your mouse as the position of a virtual joystick, which is really fucky until you get the hang of it. Kinda sucks that the hardest part of that minigame is making the controls work right.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
EMP bomb them all. The cost is minimal for the headache.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
It took me like two or three hacks to get how the mouse control works and had zero trouble with it afterwards. I think people make a bigger deal out of it than it really is. :shrug:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Just got to a new enemy type in God Eater who is really cool. Giant quadrupedal creature made of most of a tank, with the front legs being the bent and torn treads, and a skeletal head and torso at it's centre, that gallops around the battlefield shooting missiles everywhere. The later enemy types are cool enough that it's keeping me going, and I'm enjoying Dr Rachel's brand of "Obviously some brand of crazy and maybe a secret villain" thing.

I also liked how Romeo's Blood Art started to awaken. He still doesn't have one, but he had the effect which means that he's found his catalyst, and I liked how it worked out - Romeo feels left out, like he's dragging the team down due to not awakening get despite being one of the founding members of the team, so he runs away to figure out who he is. He is taken in by an old couple who console him, and after a chat the woman gives him some really nice advice when he mentions that he ran away - "There's a difference between Running Away, and Taking a Break. So you take a break with us, take as long as you need." Then his friends come after the red rain has finally subsided, and he has come to terms with himself by then, and as they all head home, walking into the horizon, the Blood Art Effect finally displays, a crimson circle camera filter that shows that it's finally starting.

I really liked that because most of the time is happens in times of emotional turmoil, like Nana's finally externalising her true feelings about the loss of her mother instead of trying to keep chipper all the time, or Ciel's guilt at making the main character risk his life or her due to her obsession with duty. It was a really nice moment for it to be when Romeo felt most at home :3:

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

I just want you to know this didn't go unappreciated

Someone might have to explain it to me, because all Google gave me for "Granos" was articles and websites in Spanish about grains.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

One of my favorite little things in Simcopter is that you can help the city in any number of ways. Putting out fires, quelling riots, delivering sick people to the hospital, etc. One time, I landed on the roof of a police station to pick up a police officer and he said "I'm glad you're here because I need a lift, pronto. We just got a call about Granos"

The main thing I remember from SimCopter is that if the passengers got all snotty and refused to pay, you could eject them midflight and then haul them to the hospital to get paid that way.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FELD1 posted:

Someone might have to explain it to me, because all Google gave me for "Granos" was articles and websites in Spanish about grains.

Granos was a goon who admitted to terrible things that would merit actually calling the police for realsies, so long-winded jokes about the cops being sent after Granos were a forums meme for a while.

haveblue has a new favorite as of 16:42 on Feb 9, 2017

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Atmus posted:

The main thing I remember from SimCopter is that if the passengers got all snotty and refused to pay, you could eject them midflight and then haul them to the hospital to get paid that way.

Realtalk: I wish I could figure out how to get SimCopter to run on a modern machine without crashing thirty seconds in because being able to build a sprawling metropolis in SC2K and then fly around my work in 3D was was amazing.

You could also import cities into Streets of SimCity, which was just as fun. Gave my copy away decades ago, though, like an idiot :eng99:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

One of my favorite little things in Simcopter is that you can help the city in any number of ways. Putting out fires, quelling riots, delivering sick people to the hospital, etc. One time, I landed on the roof of a police station to pick up a police officer and he said "I'm glad you're here because I need a lift, pronto. We just got a call about Granos"

When you grab a Wanted star in the older GTA's, you can hear the cops calling in a description of Granos and requesting units be pulled off your pursuit to arrest him instead.

haveblue posted:

Granos was a goon who admitted to terrible things that would merit actually calling the police for realsies, so long-winded jokes about the cops being sent after Granos were a forums meme for a while.

Just click on the ? in one of doctor thodt's posts to see the most brutal series of burns ever laid out upon a man prior to Abe's month of sick disses.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
All I remember about sim copter was the fluorescent nipples.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

BioEnchanted posted:

I got their names mixed up - it's Lann that I can't stand.

You are the wrongest.

What the game didn't survive for me was the later shift to gigeresque environments and serious plot.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Realtalk: I wish I could figure out how to get SimCopter to run on a modern machine without crashing thirty seconds in because being able to build a sprawling metropolis in SC2K and then fly around my work in 3D was was amazing.

If you have a version of Windows that it was made for floating around somewhere, maybe VirtualBox will do what you want.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Sad lions posted:

You are the wrongest.

What the game didn't survive for me was the later shift to gigeresque environments and serious plot.

I get what you mean. I just finished the castle exine and we reversed time and it did feel really off, also I take back every bad thought I've ever had for big bridge now that I've been through the chain road/castle exine.
Also I've been using Tama for the whole game and there's a few times where she disappears - which will affect your stack. I've gone into multiple battles without realizing Tama wasn't on anyone's head.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
As a Bay Area resident Watch_Dogs 2 has a lot of little things. Today I noticed that, while usually you hear news reports of your various exploits over the radio, if you're near a TV set the program actually breaks away to show a newscaster – whose eyes are obviously tracking the words on the TelePrompter as they speak.

A very cool little detail for something I think most people wouldn't ever encounter.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

FreshFeesh posted:

As a Bay Area resident Watch_Dogs 2 has a lot of little things. Today I noticed that, while usually you hear news reports of your various exploits over the radio, if you're near a TV set the program actually breaks away to show a newscaster – whose eyes are obviously tracking the words on the TelePrompter as they speak.

A very cool little detail for something I think most people wouldn't ever encounter.

Actually, I got all my news reports as a popup TV broadcast?

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

SEKCobra posted:

Actually, I got all my news reports as a popup TV broadcast?

While looking at an already active tv?

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

MrJacobs posted:

While looking at an already active tv?

I dunno, but I've never got a radio broadcast.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I had actually only been doing side missions for my gameplay to this point; I just did a main story mission and it did pop up. Less cool, but still neat.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Nordick posted:

It took me like two or three hacks to get how the mouse control works and had zero trouble with it afterwards. I think people make a bigger deal out of it than it really is. :shrug:

It's not like using the mouse as a pseudo-joystick is a common skill. I wouldn't fault anyone for having trouble overcoming that. Or they could be like me and already have issues with the hacking minigame itself, so it's just an extra pain in the rear end on top of an already brain-taxing thing.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Len posted:

I kind of want to see the tears that would flor if Blizzard gave sexual preferences to the characters. There would be so many meltdown posts worth reading.

This has probably already been quoted, but I am VERY behind (I just reached this post) and wondered if Tracer's confirmed sexuality and the internet's reaction was everything you could have ever wanted, Len?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

VideoGames posted:

This has probably already been quoted, but I am VERY behind (I just reached this post) and wondered if Tracer's confirmed sexuality and the internet's reaction was everything you could have ever wanted, Len?

Sadly it wasn't ):

But now I troll Overwatch games by asking if being gay gives her any gameplay benefits so there's that.

The people who say it moves along the story never have a good explanation for why 76, Anna and Reaper are teamed up against Rein, Mercy and Torb to protect/blow up the ghetto.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Len posted:

Sadly it wasn't ):

But now I troll Overwatch games by asking if being gay gives her any gameplay benefits so there's that.

The people who say it moves along the story never have a good explanation for why 76, Anna and Reaper are teamed up against Rein, Mercy and Torb to protect/blow up the ghetto.

*removes glasses*
(in very Metzen voice) Because gently caress the Red Team.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Len posted:

If I play Tracer I start with "Cheers love, the calvary's queer." in team chat. Sometimes I get some amazing bites.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
When I'm on mystery heroes and most of the team goes Widowmaker, I'll say something like "five shots, zero kills", depending on just how many we have.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Mokinokaro posted:

If I play Tracer I start with "Cheers love, the calvary's queer." in team chat. Sometimes I get some amazing bites.

I almost feel bad because it's the lowest hanging fruit. But sometimes you just wanna make pubbies froth at the mouth.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Mokinokaro posted:

God that's fantastic- if I played anything other than D.VA I would use it.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Mokinokaro posted:

Please record this next time.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

J.A.B.C. posted:

Please record this next time.

I do it in text (trust me, I can't do Tracer's voice at all) but next chance I get I can record the reactions.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

scarycave posted:

I get what you mean. I just finished the castle exine and we reversed time and it did feel really off, also I take back every bad thought I've ever had for big bridge now that I've been through the chain road/castle exine.
Also I've been using Tama for the whole game and there's a few times where she disappears - which will affect your stack. I've gone into multiple battles without realizing Tama wasn't on anyone's head.

Tama loses her effectiveness at like level 30 anyway because she has no other Mirage boards until the very end of the game, but WoFF isn't something you have to min/max at the worst of times.

I rocked a tiny Tonberry and a Moogle for 80% of my playthrough and those two wrecked everything in their path.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.

Found why you were doing well.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Len posted:

I almost feel bad because it's the lowest hanging fruit. But sometimes you just wanna make pubbies froth at the mouth.

Sometimes?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Len posted:

I almost feel bad because it's the lowest hanging fruit.

There's no reason to play an ace when a two will do.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

I thought this was a cool piece of in-game advertising.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Bloodborne update: I am bad at Bloodborne.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Oxxidation posted:

Tama loses her effectiveness at like level 30 anyway because she has no other Mirage boards until the very end of the game, but WoFF isn't something you have to min/max at the worst of times.

I rocked a tiny Tonberry and a Moogle for 80% of my playthrough and those two wrecked everything in their path.

I probably would have been better off leaving tama behind but I'm kind of a sucker for "starter" monsters and I like how she says Abra-Cadabra. I cannot deny the effectiveness of moogles - if your fighting a single monster and your lucky, you'll do more damage than meteor in total.

Also I don't know if I said this yet but it's nice to see Sherlotta and even the undead princess. Makes me wish they'd make a crystal chronicles with online multiplayer.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

scarycave posted:

I probably would have been better off leaving tama behind but I'm kind of a sucker for "starter" monsters and I like how she says Abra-Cadabra. I cannot deny the effectiveness of moogles - if your fighting a single monster and your lucky, you'll do more damage than meteor in total.

Also I don't know if I said this yet but it's nice to see Sherlotta and even the undead princess. Makes me wish they'd make a crystal chronicles with online multiplayer.

I mean, realistically, the switch is the platform for it to come back given how they seem to be pushing the ability for other players to be able to join up on the same device.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I mean, realistically, the switch is the platform for it to come back given how they seem to be pushing the ability for other players to be able to join up on the same device.

Long as each person doesn't require a 3DS and a cable that would be a good idea.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Alteisen posted:

Long as each person doesn't require a 3DS and a cable that would be a good idea.

One of these days I'll stop being cheap and buy two more GBAs and then I'll be able to play CC/FSA again.

Ya know, assuming I can find three friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Len posted:

One of these days I'll stop being cheap and buy two more GBAs and then I'll be able to play CC/FSA again.

Ya know, assuming I can find three friends.

The correct way to play Crystal Chronicles is with five Gamecubes, four of which are fitted with GBA players :colbert:.