Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Luffy better just loving eat the lunch. No gimmicks. No bullshit. Just eat the god drat lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Luffy, you just ate an army of giant biscuit monsters, why are you still hungry?

Biscuits aren't meat.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Countblanc posted:

Luffy better just loving eat the lunch. No gimmicks. No bullshit. Just eat the god drat lunch.

its fine if its the last thing that happens next chapter, but yeah, luffy eat the meat

man that chapter was

good

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Ahaha Brook really was hiding them in his skull

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

If you're not reading my hero academia(why aren't you???), the latest chapter has an oda-esque chekhov's gun in the most absurd way and I love it

MHA is so great. Ever since Toriko ended pretty much all I read now is One Piece and MHA. And I guess Attack on Titan too but I'm not really invested in the story anymore.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

QuantaStarFire posted:

Biscuits aren't meat.

Ah. Yeah.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Cat Machine posted:

"Ah. Yeah." - Brook, 2017

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

One Piece loving owns

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
This was one of those chapters that show what make One Piece, One Piece.

A perfect blend of comedy, action and emotion.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I wonder how Bobbin put all those guys to sleep.

Either way he's going to get his poo poo pushed in so hard that even Kuma would look at that poo poo-pushing and be all like "drat"

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
bobbin uses hypnosis and a sword. he'd be a cool fight for brook.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

The perspectives and point of view of the panels has drastically improved this arc.

I don't know how or why they decided to utilize different angles from previous iterations of the manga, but gottdamn some of the panels display emotion at such a more poignant clip than they used to before. Super impressed

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So, is Napoleon a hat that ate a sword fruit and was then given sentience by Big Mom?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Ubiquitus posted:

The perspectives and point of view of the panels has drastically improved this arc.

I don't know how or why they decided to utilize different angles from previous iterations of the manga, but gottdamn some of the panels display emotion at such a more poignant clip than they used to before. Super impressed

odas gotten way better at panel composition too. for a while his panels were just way way too crowded (unlike early in the series which were filled with pretty boring looking background elements). this arc has like the perfect amount of background detail to really set a scene in your imagination without getting too crazy or hard to follow (save the forest earlier)

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

In this issue I loved just the size of the panels, look how huge Brook's Ah, Yeah is

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Gyges posted:

So, is Napoleon a hat that ate a sword fruit and was then given sentience by Big Mom?

pretty sure it's just a hat with a hidden sword.

bondster
May 6, 2007

I cannot wait for Sanji to lovingly feed Luffy that loving meat next week.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Eiba posted:

Brook hasn't really had a chance to shine considering how crazy things have been since Thriller Bark, but he's blazing like the sun now.

This is still one of my favorite Brook moments, and I think the first moment he really gets to shine.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

anime was right posted:

odas gotten way better at panel composition too. for a while his panels were just way way too crowded (unlike early in the series which were filled with pretty boring looking background elements). this arc has like the perfect amount of background detail to really set a scene in your imagination without getting too crazy or hard to follow (save the forest earlier)

thats a good point. punk hazard was atrocious about having a map on almost every page to try to explain what characters were actually doing. this arc has been a lot better giving a sense of the action without having to spell it out every step of the way

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

DizzyBum posted:

MHA is so great. Ever since Toriko ended pretty much all I read now is One Piece and MHA. And I guess Attack on Titan too but I'm not really invested in the story anymore.
Literally the biggest and most important story stuff has happened in the last ten chapters of aot and NOW you don't care about the story???

KoB
May 1, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Literally the biggest and most important story stuff has happened in the last ten chapters of aot and NOW you don't care about the story???

Just because its important doesnt mean its good.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah I love the fantasy Holocaust

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

KoB posted:

Just because its important doesnt mean its good.

But it is good though.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Captain Invictus posted:

What? They finally got into that basement?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

But it is good though.

Its okay.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Rudoku posted:

The secret is that the titans are actually golems.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Aurora posted:

The secret is that the titans are actually golems.

Ah, so humanity could be saved if they just had enough rings.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Congrats to Brooke on finally getting a fakehat imposter

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Angry Lobster posted:

Brook, you magnificient bastard :allears:
Seconding this. :allears: :allears:

Tunahead posted:

I hope it's a dramatic two page spread.
It loving better, or else I submit Chapter 856 to the "You Only Had One Job" list of failures.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Law Cheetah posted:

popeye's 'bout to get his spinach

We thought all the breaks were for Oda's health, but it was securing the rights and figuring out the technology necessary to have the Popeye theme play once Luffy eats the food.

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

I wonder how Bobbin put all those guys to sleep.

Either way he's going to get his poo poo pushed in so hard that even Kuma would look at that poo poo-pushing and be all like "drat"

Obviously he just played the correct four note sequence on his staff.

I bet Brook is gonna fight him because they're both musicians. It will probably be an even fight since Bobbin has experience with the risen dead.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Bobbin is not a musician, though. It's some kind of hypnosis that puts people to sleep... sort of?

"The Fixer" is an interesting epithet. I am betting Bobbin is a no joke dude who gonna wreck some face before getting taken down.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Crazyeyes posted:

Bobbin is not a musician, though. It's some kind of hypnosis that puts people to sleep... sort of?

"The Fixer" is an interesting epithet. I am betting Bobbin is a no joke dude who gonna wreck some face before getting taken down.

Counter Point: He tried/is trying to eat the meat in Luffy's delicious hand made lunch. Ergo his face is in a short lived quantum state of non-wreckedness.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
wouldnt it make sense...

that bobbin is commander snack? he literally asks for snacks when he's introduced and is seemingly powerful enough and unphased enough to be a commander.

also, bobbin has like, the best voice in the anime. listening to that guy is so fun in that one clip of him.

anime was right fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Feb 10, 2017

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

anime was right posted:

wouldnt it make sense...

that bobbin is commander snack? he literally asks for snacks when he's introduced and is seemingly powerful enough and unphased enough to be a commander.

also, bobbin has like, the best voice in the anime. listening to that guy is so fun in that one clip of him.

That's an interesting idea! It would be a pretty decisive moment for Sanji protecting a weakened Luffy and finally showing us what he can do. One of the Commanders is a perfect way to do that!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
tbh i think big moms crew has the best visual designs of any enemy crew now that im looking at them some more.

cracker's hair is the best.

it still feels like cracker got redesigned because an editor said he looked dumb tho, since his power makes very little sense and he went from a doofus to super cool looking.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rudoku posted:

Yeah and it was good

You should catch up

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's okay.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

anime was right posted:

tbh i think big moms crew has the best visual designs of any enemy crew now that im looking at them some more.

cracker's hair is the best.

it still feels like cracker got redesigned because an editor said he looked dumb tho, since his power makes very little sense and he went from a doofus to super cool looking.

how is the power to make cookies dumb?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

That stealing back Brook sequence was great.

How many episodes do you think it's going to be in the anime?