Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I want to hang out with Nana in NY :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Gowron fell off!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

This shirt rules

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Nessus posted:

Avery Brooks lives near Rutgers, doesn't he? That might be why he's not on board, all these other mugs probably still live in the greater Los Angeles area.

Kira's a New Yorker. Here she is talking to the news after Hurricane Sandy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_R1ucU112Q&t=45s

e:

Baronjutter posted:

This shirt rules

Yes it does.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

They only get a month to raise 150k? :pwn:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I did my part!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Pacra posted:

Hey, Mystery Science Theater 3000 raised more than six million in that same amount of time. (Admittedly, that was to bring the show back for a new season, not just to make a documentary.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axsc9vnk5tE

:kimchi:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Yeah, I'd be surprised if they didn't hit that $150k mark. People love Star Trek.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Oh boy that poor fucker who played Rom ... that wasn't the makeup.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

PostNouveau posted:

Marc Alaimo was clearly not straining himself to play that role, either

e: And I think Odo looked like that in the episode where the Romulans were denying him bucket time

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

twistedmentat posted:

I maintain that Sub Rosa is spookely good bad. Like its so silly in every way, it kind of loops around to being fun. It isn't the dire depths of terrible that is Far Haven or the other shittastic Voyager episodes.

I'm convinced, throwing it on now

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

PostNouveau posted:

Westmore's job is easier if you already look bizarre.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I would pay $1000 to be able to dress down Armin Shimmerman and Rene Auberjonois for not taking my question when I was a kid at the Sacramento Star Trek convention during their Q&A

I just wanted to know their mindsets when they got into their characters:(

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Pacra posted:

Million dollar projects aren't out of reach of crowd funding, although IndieGoGo doesn't have quite the reach of other crowdfunders unless it's a huge project.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

They raised almost 15% in what, 2 days? Seems pretty secured to me.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Spoeank posted:

I would pay $1000 to be able to dress down Armin Shimmerman and Rene Auberjonois for not taking my question when I was a kid at the Sacramento Star Trek convention during their Q&A

I just wanted to know their mindsets when they got into their characters:(
I have this feeling you aren't the first person who would be doing that.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nessus posted:

At a certain point I feel like every actor who goes to cons would want to just wear a t-shirt listing all the FAQs about them that people ask them on panels.

But keeping up image is part of the job, so

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Data Graham posted:

At a certain point I feel like every actor who goes to cons would want to just wear a t-shirt listing all the FAQs about them that people ask them on panels.

But keeping up image is part of the job, so

I think it's the actor who played Biff Tannen in Back to the Future that carries around a print-out with all the most common questions and answers on it.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Kibayasu posted:

I think it's the actor who played Biff Tannen in Back to the Future that carries around a print-out with all the most common questions and answers on it.

And a full song if he has his guitar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmjYimspW-4

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Nessus posted:

Well yeah but I was a child. I feel like I get a pass for asking dumb questions.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Saw the episode about Nog dealing with his war wound.

I'm glad they got around to making a serious Ferengi episode and a PTSD episode. I'd say the way it was handled was really well done and using the holosuite addiction as a metaphor for the various other addictions people get into I'd say was well done. It's also pretty trippy to see that punk kid from Season 1 grow up into a proper Starfleet officer who ended up losing his leg in battle.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

skooma512 posted:

Saw the episode about Nog dealing with his war wound.

I'm glad they got around to making a serious Ferengi episode and a PTSD episode. I'd say the way it was handled was really well done and using the holosuite addiction as a metaphor for the various other addictions people get into I'd say was well done. It's also pretty trippy to see that punk kid from Season 1 grow up into a proper Starfleet officer who ended up losing his leg in battle.

Aron Eisenberg and Nog are, in general, an underappreciated part of DS9. He never got a ton of main plot work, or at least the main plot work where he is the main plot, but he was always great when he did. "Valiant" RED SQUAD RED SQUAD RED SQUAD may not on many favorite lists but that isn't because of Eisenberg. "It's Only a Paper Moon" sits entirely on his shoulders and he handles it as well as any of the main cast would. And it's not just the late seasons either, he has a great scene in "Heart of Stone" before Nog joins Starfleet which shows that he had those kinds of chops all along https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcATQUFsz68

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Continuing my DS9 run through, got to Trials and Tribble-ations, one of my favourite Trek episodes ever. God I love this episode. :allears:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nog's conversation with Sisko about choosing to join Starfleet is a fantastic scene. I love how he just keeps trying to give Sisko the bribe over and over again.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
$118,004 USD raised by 1504 backers
79% of $148,978

So, I think they're going to hit their goal with plenty of time left.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Kibayasu posted:

Aron Eisenberg and Nog are, in general, an underappreciated part of DS9. He never got a ton of main plot work, or at least the main plot work where he is the main plot, but he was always great when he did. "Valiant" RED SQUAD RED SQUAD RED SQUAD may not on many favorite lists but that isn't because of Eisenberg. "It's Only a Paper Moon" sits entirely on his shoulders and he handles it as well as any of the main cast would. And it's not just the late seasons either, he has a great scene in "Heart of Stone" before Nog joins Starfleet which shows that he had those kinds of chops all along https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcATQUFsz68

He and Jake on the runabout during the first Jem'Hadar episode was also great. And of course him stretching out his stereotype muscles in the episode where he travels the river of commerce and sells Sisko's desk for a day.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

MorgaineDax posted:

$118,004 USD raised by 1504 backers
79% of $148,978

So, I think they're going to hit their goal with plenty of time left.

Wow! kind of amazing raising that much in such a short amount of time. I guess I thought we were living in some sort of SA trek thread ds9 appreciation bubble.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Young Nog was a real lovely wingman though.
https://youtu.be/PtxEIF6y0JU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Pacra posted:

Wow! kind of amazing raising that much in such a short amount of time. I guess I thought we were living in some sort of SA trek thread ds9 appreciation bubble.

lovely fans are always more vocal, but good fans come through in the clutch :unsmith:

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
Dinner at Nanas is sold out. Also, they've only got like 8 grand to go.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I'd eat dinner at Nana Visitor's place and then talk DS9 with her. She's rad as hell.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Goons 12 hours ago "Gee, that sure is a lot of money they need to raise."

Star Trek fandom is like "hold my beer."

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Star Trek fandom is like "hold my beer Romulan ale."

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

Rhyno posted:

Star Trek fandom is like "hold my beer Romulan ale Kanar."

This is DS9 we're talking about, after all. :colbert:

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

If it were Voyager they would have broken IndieGogo's ability to process credit card sales. At least we get something.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Star Trek Star Trek Star Trek

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Gonz posted:

Star Trek Star Trek Star Trek

This guy gets it

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

If it were Voyager they would have broken IndieGogo's ability to process credit card sales. At least we get something.

The Voyager cast usually gets back together for conventions and stuff though. They all genuinely seem to enjoy it.

Tim Russ is a loving treasure, Garrett Wang seems like a really nice dude, and Bob Picardo is a healthy mix of the two and is incredibly funny. Everyone on the Voyager cast seems really happy and I'm glad they survived as friends and as actors through that terrible awful writing :unsmith:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Kate Mulgrew had to bail on her Wizardworld commitments last year and it broke my goddamned heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

mossyfisk posted:

For a worryingly long time I just assumed that Siddig was in Galactica.

:same: