Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
So that weird music that appears out of nowhere in Warrior of the Lost world intrigued me for a long time, and I finally found a full copy of the original movie. It turns out 2 scenes where that song plays were cut out of the master tape that MST3K got, and the music just glitches in? It's weird. Anyway here's the track (slightly looped to make it longer)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Mace Bacon posted:

So that weird music that appears out of nowhere in Warrior of the Lost world intrigued me for a long time, and I finally found a full copy of the original movie. It turns out 2 scenes where that song plays were cut out of the master tape that MST3K got, and the music just glitches in? It's weird. Anyway here's the track (slightly looped to make it longer)

It has a really bad super amateur "recorded in a church basement" feel to it. It like something you hear flipping though channels late one night and for some reason stopping on one of the really low rent church networks.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Over in the spaceflight thread, some new images of the moons of Saturn have come in from the Cassini space probe, resulting in some fun photoshops...

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
That is too perfect. I hope Joel or Jonah saw it. :)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Did I miss someone posting a date for the next season?

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

kiimo posted:

Did I miss someone posting a date for the next season?

No. There are screenings of the first episode coming up soon coming up for some Kickstarter backers. The closest thing we have to a general release date is "no earlier than the end of March, but possibly later." Joel said in an update recently that they expect to have all the episodes finished on February 14 though, so after that it's in Netflix's hands.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Okay because I heard an exact date from somebody working on it. I was unsure if that is info I should share but "end of March" is right.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

poo poo, I'll have to watch Iron Fist relatively quick if MST3K will hit end of March.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

kiimo posted:

Okay because I heard an exact date from somebody working on it. I was unsure if that is info I should share but "end of March" is right.

If that's the case, then yeah, not public yet.

Time to get hype. :dance:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
With this confirmed rumor, I suggest we do a simul-watch Saturdays at 7/6c starting April Fool's Day. It just seems...right.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

all-Rush mixtape posted:

With this confirmed rumor, I suggest we do a simul-watch Saturdays at 7/6c starting April Fool's Day. It just seems...right.

I'd be down.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm watching The Indestructible Man and I'm sure people know Casey Adams from lots of things, but I'll always think of him as the weenie cereal man from Niagara, so it's loving hilarious to watch him try to be a hardboiled, Dragnet-esque cop.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Volume 5's coming back in print in May

https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/film-horror/mst3k-volume-v

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Hopefully the transfer of Merlin's Shop is fixed. The original release was total garbage

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Yeah, but how did it look?

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!

brocked posted:

Yeah, but how did it look?

It was super Dark, You couldn't see the Shadowrama on Black scenes:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

If I recall, audio was also super low. I pretty much had to turn the volume up to max when watching it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'd forgotten Hercules vs. the Moon Men was the "DEEEEEEP HURTIIIIIING!" episode.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Bicyclops posted:

I'd forgotten Hercules vs. the Moon Men was the "DEEEEEEP HURTIIIIIING!" episode.

SAAANDSTOOORM

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Paper Kaiju posted:

SAAANDSTOOORM

It's been a long time since I saw either episode, but I remember being a bit disappointed that they built this up as worse than rock climbing! And it really wasn't. Lost Continent was just the worst.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I don't think I've seen an obvious a plot twist as in the Deadly Bees. Oh, it was the OTHER beekeeper who did it!

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

This is 4 absolute classics, can't believe they were in the same volume :aaa:

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Volume V is pretty much the perfect set.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Just because:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xtHb-Si_Vs

Crow is brilliant here.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I don't think I had seen any of the General Hospital episodes before. It's really weird to see the show at its beginning.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Bicyclops posted:

I don't think I had seen any of the General Hospital episodes before. It's really weird to see the show at its beginning.

I loved the one where the woman had to spend a couple of weeks in the hospital for a hiatus hernia. I had that once and took a couple of Tums.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

I didn't know Vol 5 went out of print, that's sad. I think I will watch Time Chasers tonight to commemorate the re-release because everyone should have it. It really is a great collection. Then I'll watch Boggy Creek 2.

Can I borrow a cup of shirt?

No, I'm saying MAKE ME DINNER!

HungryMedusa fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Feb 12, 2017

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
My old Time Chasers disc had some kind of problem. :( The last 30 min or so of the episode would just glitch out.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I am learning things from this rewatch. I immediately recognized Richard Kiel from his Twilight Zone "To Serve Man" appearance (and, of course Jaws from the late Moore era), but I had no idea he was the heckler from Happy Gilmore until just now.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Also, the reason I have been horribly confused forever about him is that Joseph Ruskin does the voice for his Zone character, which is why I thought he was in Star Trek (he is not). If I go through enough of these, I'm going to be able to challenge my grandmother's ghost at Trivial Pursuit.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I'm seeing 1101 tonight, guys. I'm so excited I can't sleep.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Ooh right, the premieres are this week (and a bit of next). Looking forward to impressions if you can provide them! :D

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I'll try but I'm not going to spoil anything, so I'll be vague.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
And they sent people with tickets emails today saying we'll have to sign a confidentiality agreement, so I really can't say anything substantive.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bicyclops posted:

I am learning things from this rewatch. I immediately recognized Richard Kiel from his Twilight Zone "To Serve Man" appearance (and, of course Jaws from the late Moore era), but I had no idea he was the heckler from Happy Gilmore until just now.

Don't forget "The Human Duplicators"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

TL posted:

And they sent people with tickets emails today saying we'll have to sign a confidentiality agreement, so I really can't say anything substantive.

If it's good, just post a gif of Joel doing "It stinks!" in reverse.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
1101 is EXCELLENT!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
But

Does

It Stink?!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Ape of Naples posted:

Don't forget "The Human Duplicators"

That's what prompted my reading about him.

TL posted:

1101 is EXCELLENT!

This is all the info we need, really. Glad you enjoyed it and looking forward to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

TL posted:

1101 is EXCELLENT!
I think we all knew it would be, but it's nice to have confirmation. :)