Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

AzraelNewtype posted:

Angela's time came down 10s since I made this, dropping the mean (red circle) a bit.

Got a build on that Angela? Just want to compare to what I'm doing atm.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Feb 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Kokoro Wish posted:

Got a build on that Angela? Just want to campare to what I'm doing atm.

Ask Lozareth. This was his data and I don't even have her yet. I just like R.

Also I was wrong about what hitting Tesla Coil will do to Mr. F, so they really are bringing down the high end closer to the middle. The bottom end is still a shitshow though.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Man, I really liked Tesla Coil as well.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

it ate a damage and duration nerf, it truly needed it

mine hit everything in large radius for ~400k twice per second on brutal with a 66% chance to brutal and they last over 15 seconds each, it's pretty absurd, the entirety of Taskmaster is less dps than a single coil

the scale of the nerf would have to be massive to make it an undesirable talent or to make Dad Bad Again

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

AzraelNewtype posted:

Angela's time came down 10s since I made this, dropping the mean (red circle) a bit. Taskmaster is the outlier circle. He's not even close to the pack.

So, obviously, gaz is hitting a Mr. F power that won't cripple his build, and doing nothing for the taxman.

One day Taskmaster will achieve middle of the pack dps. Maybe in 2018 lol no

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nerfing the duration and damage makes it an awful talent because the only reason it's really good in the first place is a bug causing it to inherit hyperstatics' guaranteed crits.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

It adds something to an existing skill, so it makes sense that it gains whatever effects that skill has. It also inherits the +30% cooldown synergy damage bonus.

It's still stronger than the base hyperstatic inducer damage and the gadget build is still really good

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

After playing a bunch of different people the last two weeks, GOD Taskmaster's damage is lovely. Enough raw +stats to overcome his dumb scaling (>200%), ton of CDR/BDR, and his Tornado Kicks' guaranteed Brutals hit weaker than Magneto's filler.

Yeah he's pretty laughable right now. I tried gearing out mine a little bit just to mess around and see how he functioned with a few different builds. Couldn't find one that did good damage. Coup de Grace hits reasonably hard but it's single target and on a long cooldown. Tornado Kicks hitting 100k~ guaranteed brutals was like :wtc: I've never seen level 60 cooldown powers brutal that low.

I put him as a one on that poll Gaz put out. His aoe skills blow, his cooldown powers blow, and I couldn't find a build that had any sort of decent flow or style to it. Freezing Arrow is a terrible replacement for Web Spray if you're picking the Hawkeye talent. I do like the new ult, though.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

AzraelNewtype posted:

Angela's time came down 10s since I made this, dropping the mean (red circle) a bit. Taskmaster is the outlier circle. He's not even close to the pack.

So, obviously, gaz is hitting a Mr. F power that won't cripple his build, and doing nothing for the taxman.

Deadpoo, Loki, and War Machine have the same low dps as TM. I'm going to get some videos up for them soon. Not sure who else is also that low.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lozareth posted:

Deadpoo, Loki, and War Machine have the same low dps as TM. I'm going to get some videos up for them soon. Not sure who else is also that low.

With Thing and Miss Marvel eating nerfs this morning, who's going to be my mid-dps very tanky guy to roll around CMM/Cosmic Terminals with? I don't have Mr. Dad.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Kokoro Wish posted:

AzraelNewtype posted:

Ask Lozareth. This was his data and I don't even have her yet. I just like R.

Also I was wrong about what hitting Tesla Coil will do to Mr. F, so they really are bringing down the high end closer to the middle. The bottom end is still a shitshow though.

Lozareth posted:

Kokoro Wish posted:

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Toshimo posted:

With Thing and Miss Marvel eating nerfs this morning, who's going to be my mid-dps very tanky guy to roll around CMM/Cosmic Terminals with? I don't have Mr. Dad.

Why did they nerf Miss Marvel? She is one of the more mediocre teamups.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Gaz defied the courts and implemented the Muslim nerf.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

BabyFur Denny posted:

Why did they nerf Miss Marvel? She is one of the more mediocre teamups.

He means Captain Marvel and is being a pain about her name (note: Ms. is not short for Miss in either case)

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

It turns out the post didn't even have a build, and it relied on something being patched out today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXM1ePaBD28

It was basically just recorded for posterity.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

It adds something to an existing skill, so it makes sense that it gains whatever effects that skill has. It also inherits the +30% cooldown synergy damage bonus.

It's still stronger than the base hyperstatic inducer damage and the gadget build is still really good
It makes a lot more sense that a static turret inheriting +45% damage and +100% crit from two talents that don't even mention it is an oversight. Because of the inheritance, nerfing the talent itself rather than its overpowered interactions with other talents means that if you want to take that talent and have it be balanced you also need to take the other(s) that feed into it; whereas altering the interaction that makes it do way more damage than it was intended would result in being able to take the Tesla Coil talent in a vacuum without it dictating your other choices due to being balanced with the assumption you're making GBS threads out crits and bruts on it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Toshimo posted:

You can still use those 2. People on TC are saying they are still slightly ahead of the curve. Unless you want another FotM hero then idk

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

AzraelNewtype posted:

He means Captain Marvel and is being a pain about her name (note: Ms. is not short for Miss in either case)

Ah but now with the name change on Marvel Heroes shouldn't everyone have realised by now that Captain Marvel is Carol Danvers and Ms. Marvel is Kamala Khan?

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Actually Captain Marvel is Billy Batson

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Other posted:

Actually Captain Marvel is Billy Batson

No the Wizard is Captain Marvel. You're probably thinking of Captain Marvel's Monster.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Saint Freak posted:

No the Wizard is Captain Marvel. You're probably thinking of Captain Marvel's Monster.

Nah, that's Freddy the gimp

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Kokoro Wish posted:

FIFroc did a 2:10 Angela ttk without using 100% cost reduction while also only having a rank 6 ult and 3/5 challenge bonuses. No build but you may be able to glean what he was doing from the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoMG5b9hRIk

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

:discourse:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Saint Freak posted:

McCloud posted:

The following pages are from Superman Shazam - First thunder, a miniseries in 4 issues. Billy Batson, an orphaned 8-year old, has been given granted the power to turn into the Superhero Captain Marvel, powers granted to him by an old powerful wizard. A Lex Luthor wannabe called Sivana figures out that the new hero in town is probably a kid, so he sends a black ops squad to kill him. They fail, but Batsons best friend, another 8-year old, gets shot, and later dies in a hospital. Billy loses his poo poo and trashes Sivanas office and almost kills the old man. Superman hears about how Marvel went berserk and goes off to confront him.

[

I love this scene. I love how Superman actually stops to listen to Marvel. I love how he doesn't even think twice about walking up to one of the most powerful Magical beings in the universe to chew him out for giving an 8-year old boy the burden that few people should ever have to carry.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

quote:

Cosmic Medallion's have traded their previous chance for increased Medkit healing affix for +1 to all Attributes.

-10s to Ultimate Power Cooldown on Cosmic Artifacts has been changed to 150 Health Regen per second.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/312743/marvel-heroes-2016-2-03-patch-notes

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

1 step forward, 1 step back.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

150 health regen/sec is way better than the ult time reduction, but still not as good as the other possibilities

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
In just 4 minutes you could heal up an average hp character if nothing else hits you though

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Whenever I think of messing with this again, I keep seeing sweeping changes that makes me question what's intended or not in regards to skills and items. Hate to invest in a character or a build just to find out that it's not working as intended.

This patch really could've used another month or two in the cooker.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Hope you remembered to log in with your 50 alt accounts before they turned the 10 cosmic fragments on login thing off

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
So is Taskmaster being so bad some sort of in-joke for Gaz? Like, "Jack of all Trades, master of none"?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Jusupov posted:

Hope you remembered to log in with your 50 alt accounts before they turned the 10 cosmic fragments on login thing off
drat i missed my chance to increase my stack of 4000 cosmic fragments

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Taskmaster isn't exactly popular. Nobody is clamoring for him to be fixed in the way that people did for 1.0 Iron Man or dodge-nerf Spider-Man.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

PureRok posted:

So is Taskmaster being so bad some sort of in-joke for Gaz? Like, "Jack of all Trades, master of none"?
Well, when he was first released he was Real Good, then he dropped off as every character he was based on got a rework or update of some sort and he didn't (but he was TOTALLY going to get updated once everyone was done, guys!), and now that the dev cycle playing field was leveled I think they just are really, really bad at math. And not even the scaling thing, you can get some Stupid high numbers on his "1.5% from everything" scaling if you have all the gear for it.

Also there's the conspiracy theory that as the only post-launch 200 splinter character he is either inherently weaker than other characters or gets less attention from the development team because it's a lower return on the man hour investment.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Like, Taskmaster is a fourth-tier Avengers villain who is only playable in Marvel Heroes because most of the art was already done and he had a funny cutscene.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

As my only Cosmic prestige, let alone my only 60 Cosmic prestige, I want him to be good. Tony...

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Clearly the solution is for everyone to badger Asros on Twitter insisting that the Trumptrain wants him to make Taskmaster great again.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Surely there must be some kind of Zoo Crew Tuskmaster skin we can tempt Asros with.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Well, when he was first released he was Real Good, then he dropped off as every character he was based on got a rework or update of some sort and he didn't (but he was TOTALLY going to get updated once everyone was done, guys!), and now that the dev cycle playing field was leveled I think they just are really, really bad at math. And not even the scaling thing, you can get some Stupid high numbers on his "1.5% from everything" scaling if you have all the gear for it.

Also there's the conspiracy theory that as the only post-launch 200 splinter character he is either inherently weaker than other characters or gets less attention from the development team because it's a lower return on the man hour investment.

His skills just seem way undertuned. He would still be poo poo tier dps even if didn't have the 1.5% dmg per attribute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
So, I have a problem. I enjoy playing my Rogue as she as right now, but I can't clear the Cosmic trial. Like, I can survive it just fine, but since there's a time limit I apparently don't kill things fast enough.

Here's something I threw together since marvelheroes.info hasn't re-added Rogue:

On longer fights I have spirit issues, and in looking at my passives again the Carnage one isn't as good as I thought at first.

E: I'm using all three of the left Talents.