Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Rirse posted:

Shame it will have to be archival audio now. :smith:

This is how I find out? Jeez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I've never been into action figures with "soft goods" clothing or capes, but that One:12 Daredevil is my favorite rendition of the classic red costume ever. I love the two different shades of red for contrast, the mask looking more helmet-like, the armored shoulder pads, double-belt, heavier gloves and boots, and straps here and there. It's exactly how I always wished the red suit could have been updated to make it look more modern, but still instantly recognizable.

EDIT: Does anyone own any of these One:12 figures? Would you mind posting some pics of it with Marvel Legends, Marvel Select, DC Universe Classics, and DC Direct/Collectibles figures? I've never seen them compared to any other lines, and I've always been curious.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Feb 10, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I've never been into action figures with "soft goods" clothing or capes, but that One:12 Daredevil is my favorite rendition of the classic red costume ever. I love the two different shades of red for contrast, the mask looking more helmet-like, the armored shoulder pads, double-belt, heavier gloves and boots, and straps here and there. It's exactly how I always wished the red suit could have been updated to make it look more modern, but still instantly recognizable.

EDIT: Does anyone own any of these One:12 figures? Would you mind posting some pics of it with Marvel Legends, Marvel Select, DC Universe Classics, and DC Direct/Collectibles figures? I've never seen them compared to any other lines, and I've always been curious.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=3Q2Xw8iWuXA

That guy does with a Legends and some kind of DC figure at 6:15.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

cyberia posted:

What makes the Mezco 1:12 figures so good? On Amiami they're twice the price of, say, a Mafex figure and while I can see some slight differences I can't see twice the price worth of differences.

They are twice the price on Japanese sites because they are imports. Same thing happens with HK based companies like Storm and ThreeA and even with US companies like Diamond Select. I don't have any Mezco figure yet, but I have played with some of them in person and I can easily say that they are really high quality toys. Articulation is good, but it's usually hindered by the cloth goods. The main issue with this line is that some times they look like 6" Hot Toys (Spock, Frankenstein, Daredevil), but some other times they look like chubby Mego figures (DK Batman, Flash, Captain America).

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I should be really excited about a premium format 1/12 comic book Batman that's not DKR but jeez that thing is really bad looking. If only they just ditched the cloth. The Wolverine figure is the worst example. He's got really slick details and paint on every part of him except for the cloth which is just a bland expanse of lovely looking fabric. It looks like someone kitbashed it together from a barbie doll and a figma or something.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
The Space Ghost looks pretty cool but honestly I'd prefer a 1/6th scale, even if the Zorak and Moltar would be expensive.

Hell, toss in a voice chip calling Birdman a "Six piece chicken mcnobody" and offer the desk as an accessory and I'll sell some stuff to afford it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress I want this. 1/6 Scale

$220 USD
http://www.bambalandstore.com/

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

purple death ray posted:

I should be really excited about a premium format 1/12 comic book Batman that's not DKR but jeez that thing is really bad looking. If only they just ditched the cloth. The Wolverine figure is the worst example. He's got really slick details and paint on every part of him except for the cloth which is just a bland expanse of lovely looking fabric. It looks like someone kitbashed it together from a barbie doll and a figma or something.

Yeah, that's why the only one I ordered was Green Arrow.

The faux leather vest looks better than the cloth does and the big boots cover up most of the pants.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
The Mezco deluxe Punisher looks goddamn amazing. Apparently every gun has its own removable clip, with a bullet sitting at the top of it. That's nuts at that scale. :allears:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hot Toys announced a SHIELD Ghost Rider figure earlier this morning.

No pictures of it yet though.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Was very surprised to see the new Marvel Legends Darkhawk in a Walgreens near my work. Had him pre-ordered on Amazon but couldn't wait, he looks excellent.

Anyway, check your Walgreens for these, they're hitting now

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Is there a DC equivalent for the Marvel 12" Legends? Specifically for the Neal Adams blue/gray Batman?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

10 Beers posted:

Is there a DC equivalent for the Marvel 12" Legends? Specifically for the Neal Adams blue/gray Batman?

Theyve got kid level stuff sold in walmarts, and on the higher end there was the 1/6 scale Real Action Heroes line but even that was a Jim Lee Hush Batman, and that line is going for quite a lot these days. There are of course stuff like Hot Toys but all you're going to find there are movie likenesses.

I honestly don't think there has been a blue/gray classic Batman in any scale for at least five years, probably more. DCUC is the last one I can remember.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They just announced some 16" DC figures with real clothes. I've only seen pictures of Superman so far.

He was even smiling.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Anyone have some Giant man parts? I've got all but the torso and the leg that comes with commie Cap.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
On a same note, I am still looking for Dormammu's arm from the comic Dr Strange and Sandman's arms.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Rirse posted:

On a same note, I am still looking for Dormammu's arm from the comic Dr Strange and Sandman's arms.

I have Sandman's alternate hands, if you want those? The ones that came with black suit Spidey.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

They just announced some 16" DC figures with real clothes. I've only seen pictures of Superman so far.

He was even smiling.

Got a link? Can't find crap on google :(

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Fuzz posted:

I have Sandman's alternate hands, if you want those? The ones that came with black suit Spidey.

I do need those as well, also need the regular arms as well. Right now he borrowing Absorbing Man spare arms.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Got a link? Can't find crap on google :(

http://www.toyhypeusa.com/2017/02/02/first-look-jakks-pacific-big-figs-tribute-series-dc-originals-19-superman-review/

He is very much not smiling though, I don't know why I thought that. Maybe it just looked that way when I scrolled passed. It's also 19", not 16.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Today I got in a Sentinel Sphere from the first Phantasm movie. It's made by Nightmares Unlimited and goes for $150. It looks awesome and has some weight to it. It's stainless steel, and it's like taking a picture of a mirror. The blades or drill don't move, but I didn't expect them to. My only complaint is that there's no hole in the back of it for its victim's blood to spurt out.

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Feb 11, 2017

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Does anyone have the MAFEX Dark Knight Batman? I see varying reviews re: quality, and I'm wondering if I should just wait for the Figuarts version.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Does anyone have the MAFEX Dark Knight Batman? I see varying reviews re: quality, and I'm wondering if I should just wait for the Figuarts version.

I have a MAFEX Superman and I do not like it. It just feels flimsy as hell.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Mafex is pretty bad.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Mafex is pretty bad.

That's a shame, I know their early entries were terrible but the Boba Fett looked pretty good to me. Oh Well, I keep more money in my pocket then!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I have the Batfleck Mafex and he's great. I also have the Wonder Woman and she's fine. They're pretty hit or miss. If it's something like TDK Batman there's plenty of other figures out there so I might pass on that. Heard a lot of horror stories about that one.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
A few updated collection pics:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Darkseid's arm sticking out is always my favorite part.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Anyone have some Giant man parts?

I'm not sure what that has to do with action figures, but

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

That's a shame, I know their early entries were terrible but the Boba Fett looked pretty good to me. Oh Well, I keep more money in my pocket then!

Don't listen to them, Mafex still makes the best Darth Vader. Their SW stuff has been on point and amazing, dunno about other franchises, though. The Amazing Spider-Man movie figures were meh, but that was more because the suit design was garbage.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

A few updated collection pics:

You had Sandman Mystery Theater hardbound. We are now best friends.

How did you have that done? How much was it?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Why cookie Rocket posted:

You had Sandman Mystery Theater hardbound. We are now best friends.

How did you have that done? How much was it?

It was about $20 per volume, although I did these several years ago (2008-09), and the bindery I used, Library Binding in Waco, Texas, has since gone out of business. Now most people use Herring & Robinson, which is who I will go with whenever I get around to binding my Ostrander Suicide Squad run:
http://www.herringandrobinsonbookbinders.com/html/comic_books.html

To prep my comics for binding, the first thing I did was CAREFULLY tear out the double-sided ad pages and back covers, to decrease the size of each bound volume. This is nerve-wracking at first, so maybe start with an expendable practice comic:

I rubber-banded them together into the very specific order I laid out:

Packed a box tightly to mail them off to the bindery, with detailed instruction sheets for each volume:

And I nervously waited a few months for them to return the completed bound books to me. (I had to pay the return shipping, too.)

But I ended up with these, and I have no regrets:

I left in the letter columns:

And just reversed any wraparound covers:

I also printed my own custom tables of contents for them to include:

And I schlep these to conventions to get as many included creators to sign them as possible. Last year alone, I got signatures and some very impressed looks and interested conversation from Keith Giffen, Adam Hughes, and Tony Harris, among others.

I'm just an amateur, though. Our fellow BSS poster redbackground is the true comic binding expert and aficionado here, and I'm sure he has even more advice and experience to share. Apologies for derailing the action figure thread, though.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Feb 12, 2017

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

ultraviolence123 posted:

Legends I mentioned earlier for sale, cheap

- Movie Drax SOLD
    - Walgreens Daredevil
    - WW2 Cap
    - Tiger Shark
    - Cosmic Iron Man
    - Iron Fist
    - Marvel Now Cap
    - Movie Rocket
    - Drax (Zola Wave)
    - Ultimate Beetle
    - Hawkeye (Odin Wave)
    - AIM Soldier SOLD
    - Sentry
    - Movie Electro
    - Anti-Venom SOLD
    - Toxin SOLD
    - Valkyrie
    - Baron Zemo SOLD
    - Scarlet Witch (Odin Wave)
    - Thor (Odin Wave)
    - Wasp (Ultron Prime Wave)
    - Hellcat
    - Bulldozer
    - Misty Knight SOLD
    - Cap (Target Exclusive from 3-Pack)
    - Boomerang
    - Machine Man SOLD
    - Daredevil (Hobgoblin Wave) SOLD
    - Giant Man (Ultron Prime Wave)

- Ultimate Green Goblin BAF
    - Thanos BAF SOLD
    - Hobgoblin BAF SOLD

$8 each plus shipping (shipping seems to start at $5 , maybe another $1 per figure). Everything has been opened and posed / displayed but all figures are mint with fairly stiff joints, all accessories included, etc. You can reserve / buy a figure here, send me a PM, or email me: nousernamesareleft at yahoo.com. Thanks!

Do you still have Movie Rocket and that Walgreens DD?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I'm just an amateur, though. Our fellow BSS poster redbackground is the true comic binding expert and aficionado here, and I'm sure he has even more advice and experience to share. Apologies for derailing the action figure thread, though.

The detail is my fault but thanks very much for indulging me. So great!

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Fuzz posted:

Do you still have Movie Rocket and that Walgreens DD?

I do. They're yours if you want them. PM or email me and we'll work out details.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

ultraviolence123 posted:

I do. They're yours if you want them. PM or email me and we'll work out details.

PMed.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
So my ML Falcon has gun hands, but bizarrely doesn't come with any. What would be some good gun accessories to get for him?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

So my ML Falcon has gun hands, but bizarrely doesn't come with any. What would be some good gun accessories to get for him?

Do you have ML Deapool or Punisher, and are you married to them using their pistols rather than any of their other weapons?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I have neither of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The_Doctor posted:

Little Armory makes good guns