Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
There is no way Garrison will not include a tiny gavel being used ineffectively as a weapon against the Mighty Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Correction: The guy who does those "Things I Won't Work With" blog posts talked about alkaline water recently, and it's even kookier than I thought.

Yeah the alkaline water people are pretty nuts, and basically vampires preying on the funds of dying hopeless people, just like all the other miracle cures out there.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

David Rowe:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Bannon is drawn as wearing a monk's robe. For those who don't get the reference: after the fall of Berlin Hitler's private secretary Martin Bormann - who did much the same job as Bannon - disappeared. It was later rumoured that he'd been seen in an Italian monastery dressed as one of the monks.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Haven't seen this one before, it's really good.

Pants Donkey posted:

I think the worst is the one where he outright says that concentration camps are justified by the nazi punching.

Someone I know recently witnessed a nazi who refused to debate with a progressive unless the progressive promised not to threaten violence even though the entire debate was about his ideology being predicated on threatening violence. :psyduck:

Rebochan posted:

So not actually a comic, but apparently J.J. McCullough wrote a WaPo column on the Quebec City shootings that got the Quebec parliament super miffed.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/que...ince-as-violent

The column while it's still up:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/global-opinions/wp/2017/02/01/why-does-progressive-quebec-have-so-many-massacres/

SO that's what one of our old thread regulars has been up to.

♫Blame French Canadians, blame French Canadians!♫

I'm the Bender smoking a joint.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
0-3 you whiny rear end bitch!

Even though this cartoon sucks it marks Campbell as being a right-winger who has turned on trump.

Why is there a leg sticking out of his head? Is this implying trump is going to nuke his own head?

Political fighting, constitutional crisis, same diff.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

I like how the Bush appointed judge is pissed at those filthy libs and yet he, for some unknowable reason, sided with the forces of Obama

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Internet Webguy posted:

0-3 you whiny rear end bitch

Hah, he must feel so silly right now.

Nah, if you ask him he'll probably say the bush judge was bullied into it.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Jedit posted:

Bannon is drawn as wearing a monk's robe. For those who don't get the reference: after the fall of Berlin Hitler's private secretary Martin Bormann - who did much the same job as Bannon - disappeared. It was later rumoured that he'd been seen in an Italian monastery dressed as one of the monks.

Ohh I thought it might be an Eminence Grice situation.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

lol could you even fathom the conservative rage if Barrack Obama had ever been this candid

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

You don't even have to imagine. Look how much poo poo Michelle got for her "For the first time I'm proud of my country" remark.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jonas Albrecht posted:

You don't even have to imagine. Look how much poo poo Michelle got for her "For the first time I'm proud of my country" remark.

Or the even more controversial,"I think kids (and adults) should eat healthier."

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Internet Webguy posted:

A literal case. He drew a literal suitcase and labeled it "case" as in "court case".

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
:rolleyes:

I like this one.

quote:

Hye, I've heard crazier theories.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"I've heard people theorize that the world is run by lizard people, so therefore this idea that hundreds of thousands of people were paid money to do something they'd gladly have done for free and have all managed to keep it completely quiet with no leaks in order to prove a rhetorical point must be true. Only the most far-fetched theory I've ever heard has a chance of being false."

ALTERNATE REPLY: "...and I believed them, too!"

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Is the whole Soros thing just morons pretending the Democrats have their own Koch brothers?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Cloks posted:

Is the whole Soros thing just morons pretending the Democrats have their own Koch brothers?

It's just more conspiratorial poo poo for chuds to crawl up their own rear end over, but also a way to dismiss/diminish protesters.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

It also adds the requisite dash of anti-Semitism for that crowd.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Trogdos! posted:

I like this one.

The people who suffered from deregulation were the banks?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
It's actually sad how stupid you'd need to be to see millions of protestors (or, hell, even just a thousand) and think "they must be paid to protest", as if 1)the only reason someone would have to protest is if they're paid to do it, 2) someone has the money to constantly pay for protests and 3) the only way someone could possibly have a differing opinion than you is again if they're paid for it.

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
Maybe not suffered, but I think it's more general, like gutting Dodd Frank is a terrible idea for the banking system as a whole, but the banks keep buying into the idea of deregulation.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Trogdos! posted:

I like this one.

...Let me see if I got this.

Banks fell down a hole during the recession.
Slowly and painfully, they climbed out.
Now that they're out, they're going to carefully review bank regulations, which will cause there to be another great recession?

What?

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
I liked the "bank deregulation is going to put us back into the hole" metaphor but yeah it only implies that the banks suffered from it so okay I retract my like :(

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
I know it's early but…

Label the pit in the first panel "subprime debt crisis"

Label the next couple "dodd-frank" and "economic recovery"

Label the newspaper "greed" or "trump" or something

Banks fall back into the debt pit ...

E : I mean, we all use banks right? I don't think this shows any sympathy for them, I think it's more critical.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Trogdos! posted:

I liked the "bank deregulation is going to put us back into the hole" metaphor but yeah it only implies that the banks suffered from it so okay I retract my like :(

Oh, wait. I really misread that sign.

I took it to mean, "Time to relax! Here's some regulations to look at" instead of "Time to relax banking regulations."

Honestly, if you just took off the "Banks" label, it'd be a lot stronger.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Isn't it saying that banking REGULATIONS will put the brave, hard-working banks who climbed out of the pit all by themselves back into the hole?

Bag visual metaphor, bad message.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Capfalcon posted:

Oh, wait. I really misread that sign.

I took it to mean, "Time to relax! Here's some regulations to look at" instead of "Time to relax banking regulations."

maybe this whole time the right has been talking about "relaxing regulations" they meant it as an adjective and we've been getting mad over nothing

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005

Sephyr posted:

Isn't it saying that banking REGULATIONS will put the brave, hard-working banks who climbed out of the pit all by themselves back into the hole?

That is a good point, you need someone throwing a rope down or something. I agree with the conclusion though. Erm, that is deregulation is bad, which is what I understood.

Also it is the economist. If they didn't label the dude "banks", how would their readers get the satisfaction of reading the economist?

dougdrums fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Feb 10, 2017

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I've changed my mind, the cartoon is good and you're a bunch of idiots.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

Sephyr posted:

No, its deregulation. "Time to relax bank regulation" and back in the hole the banks go. The whole reason this was drawn is because Trump is going to deregulate everything.

Mr. Squishy posted:

I've changed my mind, the cartoon is good and you're a bunch of idiots.
Agreed

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I like that Red Panels, who literally supports ISIS by the way, has flip flopped on the Anti-Fa thing. Which is it ISIS supporter, are they fully funded Soros decoy robots or EEEEEEEEEEEVIL liberals beating up plucky little Nazis?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

I'm pretty sure Soros hates protestors the same as any other rich person.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Mr. Squishy posted:

The people who suffered from deregulation were the banks?

Crazy thing is: yes! Much in the same way that a junkie suffers from heroin. Everyone else got their TVs stolen or got mugged to support their habit, but multiple banks folded because without regulations in place, they made incredibly stupid decisions in pursuit of short term gains or, in some cases, because internal bad actors smashed them like piggy banks.

Tritanomalicious
Mar 14, 2008

A dog, A barrel... RIDICULOUS!

frankenfreak posted:

A literal case. He drew a literal suitcase and labeled it "case" as in "court case".

I imagine it's filled with comic books and candy.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

^^ yes

Internet Webguy posted:

The court smacked him down because, "you piece of poo poo moron you didn't even offer a fig leaf of justification, go gently caress yourself." "CASE FOR TRAVEL BAN" indeed.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Westworld hosts being a real thing in our world would go a long way to explaining some things....

[Trump voter upon seeing incriminating/hosed up poo poo/etc. that Trump has done]: Doesn't look like anything to me.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Abyssal Squid posted:

^^ yes

The court smacked him down because, "you piece of poo poo moron you didn't even offer a fig leaf of justification, go gently caress yourself." "CASE FOR TRAVEL BAN" indeed.

The suitcase is empty except for a steaming turd and a gold sharpie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Trogdos! posted:

I like this one.

Giving the banks a break with lighter regulations is risking another market crash. AGC.

• Locked thread