Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Oh, so it's okay if YOU call it a Hammer, but if someone else does it's suddenly a huge problem? <:mad:>

RIP Rocket's shape changing gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Begemot posted:

The key is levitating, but it's gone in the last panel.

Obviously MJ ran in and grabbed it while Ronan was busy completely wrecking her husband.

I think you just called how this will end. MJ commanding the sentry to gently caress up Ronan. :byodood: I HELPD SPIDERMN

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Begemot posted:

The key is levitating, but it's gone in the last panel.

Also he threw the hammer into the air to backhand Peter, then catches it and throws it at Rocket all off panel. :v:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
also while he can use his hammer as a hammer i don't think it returns to him like mjolnir

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

also while he can use his hammer as a hammer i don't think it returns to him like mjolnir

So he'll spend half a week just walking towards it and picking it up. Plenty of opportunity to sling more insults at Peter.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Now that's the throw of somebody who already won, and just want to activate the killbot so he can grab another bite at that diner before it's crushed.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Now that's a galactic pimp slap.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
MJ appears on Ronans left with a barettta and shoots him in the temple. "Dodge this. " she tells the corpse.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the phoenix gets lost and mistakenly chooses mj as its host because she has red hair and that's literally the only prerequisite. spider-man gets hit with a shard of rocket's broken gun offscreen and passes out

dark mj storyline starts with the death of ronan. can iron jonah save the day?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

magnetic gloves or some poo poo man he has space armor

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

the phoenix gets lost and mistakenly chooses mj as its host because she has red hair and that's literally the only prerequisite. spider-man gets hit with a shard of rocket's broken gun offscreen and passes out

That would involve maximum opportunity for MJ cheesecake. I'm surprised they've not done it already.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

"Hey these eggs are cold."
(MJ glares and Phoenix fires scorch the general area leaving Peter with just his underwear and some hot eggs)
"Was if something I said?"

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Tomorrow's comic should just be giant lettering saying "Thanks for 6X Wonderful Years! The End! - Stan Lee"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Rocket's barely been on Earth for a day, and he already knows Spider-Man is terrible at maintaining his secret identity.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ronan: gently caress you Rocket, don't compare me to a useless sack of poo poo like this human. That poo poo hurts, man :smith:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

techknight posted:

You know what? The art is wonky sometimes but those are three legit, effective newspaper panels that perfectly convey setup, action, and Ronan's arrogant, dismissive nature.

And it got rid of that complicated ray gun Rocket was carrying, making life easier for the artist.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Here is the soundtrack for today's comic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KbnWvOCEfM

Edit: Yesterday's too!

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Feb 11, 2017

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
I was trying to figure out how "bipedal raccoon whose only power is having a gun, which is now broken" and "guy who that raccoon beat up with his hands tied behind his back" were supposed to beat Ronan, but then I remembered

Synthbuttrange posted:

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD

OH MY loving GOD

HE'S GOING TO BE DEFEATED BY HOSTESS FRUIT CAKES I JUST KNOW IT

He's going to run out of energy with no entire diner to consume, and then JJJ will show up in the middle of New Mexico and brain him with a lamp.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Yeah Rocket, our human sense of smell really sucks, we can't even appreciate the bouquet of some choice garbage. :rolleyes:

e: This is like Idiocracy to him. He's trying to live a normal semi-heroic life, and we're all "Food? Haha! Like from a dumpster?!"

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Feb 11, 2017

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

So aside from making fun of the comic, I am actually really impressed by the lettering in each strip. Each letter varies, so I believe it's all hand drawn, but the consistency is impressive and they're really nice looking letters. Fonts that are supposed to look hand drawn really put me off, but actually hand drawn lettering is really cool to see.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
An "animal has trait" joke from a strip that isn't Kevin and Kelly.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I uh, think that was an insult towards Pete, guys. That's not spider sense, it's stink lines. Explains why he can't dodge anything almost ever in this strip.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A face only a momma raccoon could love.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love that Spider-Man gets a moment's victory only for Rocket (who appears to have gone rabid) to cut the legs out from under him all over again.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also RIP Ronan, Rocket and Spidey from hot hot lava.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Artist got the idea entirely wrong when he read that raccoons are described as 'masked'.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
That's terrifying.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I just really don't feel like a dormant volcano coming to life is a sound I should be expected to be familiar with

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Five Nights at Freddy's Daytime Edition lookin not so good.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mover posted:

I just really don't feel like a dormant volcano coming to life is a sound I should be expected to be familiar with

To be fair you're not a superhero who probably hears that every other week

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

There is no God.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Push El Burrito posted:

There is no God.

This comic is surely divine in origin and execution, and any who say otherwise be damned to a hell inhabited by bloodthirsty, sentient, self-propelled bricks.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

After this arc is over you can probably make a wonderful gif with every version of Rocket. All 17 of them.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I love everything about this stupid comic so drat much :allears:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Welp, at least we now know what the next image is going to be for when someone decides to go on a secret BSS avatar buying spree...

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...
Well that's a face that's gonna haunt my dreams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sure just use a giant robot to plug up the world's tiniest volcano.

• Locked thread