Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Would you guys say yes if your girlfriend proposed, I dunno if I would because I would want to, being more traditional. It would be a weird situation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

TheScott2K posted:

I missed that part. Yea, she could not have picked a worse time to do that. For those of you who are all "HURRRR SPORTS" imagine if they were watching Game of Thrones and midway through the Red Wedding she decides to launch her big proposal. That'd be a profoundly bad time to do that right?

His favorite show's season finale was on and it looked like his favorite character was getting killed. And that wasn't just a normal Super Bowl, that was indeed an all-timer. Bad time.

...She asked him right before the start of half-time, lol

I'm sorry she interrupted the last seconds before lady gaga's big performance, that totally rationalized him making a blowjob motion and making a poo poo joke in front of all of their mutual friends when she got the courage and energy to tear down traditional gender roles and propose to a guy who clearly can't poo poo or get off the pot after five years

:fuckoff:

Psycho Society posted:

Would you guys say yes if your girlfriend proposed, I dunno if I would because I would want to, being more traditional. It would be a weird situation

:shrug: I don't know, if you can't make up your mind on whether or not you want to be married after five years you probably have some commitment issues and "it was the girl who was proposed" is really just an excuse to flee from it

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Feb 10, 2017

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

My dad proposed to my mom on a leapyear. Personally I would have said yes if I wanted to marry her, who cares if it's me or her doing the proposing.

Grevling fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Feb 10, 2017

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
They've been together for five years, you think you'd be happy!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Proposing during your SO's favorite teams most important game of the season seems like a bad idea. As bad as the SO's behavior after.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

TheScott2K posted:

I bet this guy took Whiplash the wrong way.

also imagine getting bullied by a metalhead lol

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I'm a giant football fan and if that scenario happened I'm pretty sure my reaction would be "Wait, are you serious?" and not "Whatever, I have to take a poo poo."

Plus he's still acting like an rear end in a top hat about it days later, well after the Pats have won and he should be in a good mood.

"I'll marry you. Whatever." How romantic! :swoon:

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Unfunny Poster posted:

Proposing during your SO's favorite teams most important game of the season seems like a bad idea. As bad as the SO's behavior after.

Dumb and wrong. She misread the situation, he is an immature dickhead.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Unfunny Poster posted:

it was done minutes before the game stopped for a half hour long pop music show

All their friends were there. Seems like a good time to me.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
There's an important piece of context a lot of non-sports-fans are missing: Patriots fans are garbage people. Jerk off motions and talking about making GBS threads is par for the course.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband? yeah sure whatever.

The guy is dumb, but dont do that big elaborate proposal stuff infront of a crowd of people, thats a lot of lovely pressure. Do it when its private and personal and if he says yes (not whatever ok yeah) go shower in your friends congratulations.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grevling posted:

Dumb and wrong. She misread the situation, he is an immature dickhead.

That's pretty much what I said but somehow you disagree with it. :shrug:

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Unfunny Poster posted:

That's pretty much what I said but somehow you disagree with it. :shrug:

what you said was this:

Unfunny Poster posted:

pretty unambiguous what you're trying to say here

datajugend posted:

do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband? yeah sure whatever.

The guy is dumb, but dont do that big elaborate proposal stuff infront of a crowd of people, thats a lot of lovely pressure. Do it when its private and personal and if he says yes (not whatever ok yeah) go shower in your friends congratulations.

:agreed:

elaborate proposals are embarassment waiting to happen. she was probably hoping cornering him on it would finally get him to just do it and commit but it clearly backfired when it turned out her boyfriend really was just this lovely and stupid

at least she knows he's not worth marrying now

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Feb 10, 2017

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

TheScott2K posted:

There's an important piece of context a lot of non-sports-fans are missing: Patriots fans are garbage people. Jerk off motions and talking about making GBS threads is par for the course.

this cannot be understated

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
considering how well the game went for the pats, this guy could have spent the rest of his life telling people about the day he got engaged and the pats came from behind to win the superbowl in the craziest way possible, instead it's just gonna be the day he tanked his 5 year relationship over a poo poo joke

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mirthless posted:

considering how well the game went for the pats, this guy could have spent the rest of his life telling people about the day he got engaged and the pats came from behind to win the superbowl in the craziest way possible, instead it's just gonna be the day he tanked his 5 year relationship over a poo poo joke

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty pleased that this masshole hosed up his own life.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here, I'll amend what I said: They're both dumb but for different reasons. The guy acted like a shithead regardless. There.

Content:

My [25F] friends [25F & 27F] lesbian couple adopted a baby [3 months] I had. My new boyfriend is being a jerk about it.

quote:

This has a little bit of race issues in it. So My boyfriend Connor and I white. Izzy is Mexican and Wendy is Chinese, and they've adopted now their son Jake. So they're son is white.

I was going to raise Jake but his father, left and is with another woman and let's leave it at that. I have a good job but I cannot support a child on my own. My friends invited me out when I was pregnant and they asked if they could raise him as theirs. They have good jobs. So I figured why not after some thought. They adopted him and he's been living with them.

My boyfriend and his friends keep going on about how it's weird a white baby is being raised by a mexican and chinese woman. Can he drink from their boobs. I've asked him to stop and he won't. They're coming over later on and don't want boyfriend to say something stupid.

tl;dr: How do I keep boyfriend from saying something stupid

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Feb 10, 2017

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
"It was fuckin nuts, guy. The Pats were gettin' their poo poo pushed in by the Falcons, and halftime was coming up. I'd been holding a wicked massive log since the halfway through the first and right when I was about to get up and curl it out my gurl's like 'Chucky, you wanna get married?' Holy poo poo, guy, I was so excited. Think about how much of a queer Jeter is - that's how loving excited I was. I was fully fuckin sharting at that point, though, so I said 'yea babe' and went and took a dump while that chick with a dick was singing on TV. Dunkin Donuts."

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Unfunny Poster posted:

Here, I'll amend what I said: They're both dumb but for different reasons. The guy acted like a shithead regardless. There.

Content:

My [25F] friends [25F & 27F] lesbian couple adopted a baby [3 months] I had. My new boyfriend is being a jerk about it.

quote:

tl;dr: How do I keep boyfriend from saying something stupid

that's obvious, you :sever:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

Poor lesbians, they just found out their new baby is half idiot.

Oh wait, baby's dad was another dude. Baby might be okay!

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

quote:

Can he drink from their boobs.

Connor is just jealous of Jake:

Connor's sex fantasy posted:

A mixed race couple is suckling me. I'm a white boy.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Streak posted:

She'll say things like: "Are you going to give me a mixed baby?" (like I said she knows her getting pregnant is harder-it's just "sex talk" I assume) and "A mixed boy is loving me. I'm a white girl." over and over.

I'm so glad every woman I've ever been with has been a nonverbal autistic

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I feel like if some douchebag is insane about their partner shaving their pubes, they should actually be required pay for some super pricey high-end spa-style hair removal every single time as retribution.
It costs 100 bucks every 6 weeks around here. It's an expensive habit.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Leon Einstein posted:

It costs 100 bucks every 6 weeks around here. It's an expensive habit.

hahahahaha

:| don't ever look up how much massages cost

spas are expensive but laser hair removal is pretty cheap all things considered

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

TheScott2K posted:

"It was fuckin nuts, guy. The Pats were gettin' their poo poo pushed in by the Falcons, and halftime was coming up. I'd been holding a wicked massive log since the halfway through the first and right when I was about to get up and curl it out my gurl's like 'Chucky, you wanna get married?' Holy poo poo, guy, I was so excited. Think about how much of a queer Jeter is - that's how loving excited I was. I was fully fuckin sharting at that point, though, so I said 'yea babe' and went and took a dump while that chick with a dick was singing on TV. Dunkin Donuts."

Lol. It's like one of those old 'him/her' things off Facebook where the girls saying how distant her guy is being and wondering what's wrong and he's like 'motorcycle won't start, can't work out why'.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Mirthless posted:

hahahahaha

:| don't ever look up how much massages cost

spas are expensive but laser hair removal is pretty cheap all things considered
I know how much massages cost. 75 bucks a month is still expensive to wax your pubes.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Pubes are gross on both men and women.

Also men should shave their legs and armpits as well. I guess what I'm saying is, man or woman, body hair is gross

Dunning Krugerrand
Dec 23, 2015

purestrain pyrite

[M/31] I think I killed my girlfriend's [F/27] cat...and it ran off with my engagement ring

quote:

Throwaway. My GF loves reddit more than me.

My GF loves cats. Obsessed. Not in a creepy way, otherwise I woulda high tailed it out the door a long time ago. She never got to have a cat when she was a little girl because her brother was allergic, so her whole childhood, she waited until she was an adult so she could have a cat. She got a black kitten when she was in college, and has had it ever since. It's her best friend. Not gonna give the name or gender, don't want to give too much away in case she finds this...

Anyway, we've been dating a few years, and I've decided to propose. I had this whole idea about sneaking into her apartment before she got home, tying the ring to the cat's collar and when she got there, she'd find the ring on the cat and I'd jump out and propose. Well, when I got there, I guess I left the door open, because I searched EVERYWHERE in this tiny apartment and the cat is nowhere to be found. It's an indoor cat, declawed, and has never been outside before. My GF always says if the cat got out, she'd kill herself because the cat would surely die. (hoping she was joking...)

The worst part is, I tied the drat ring to the drat cat before it escaped. So, somewhere, there's a lost cat with a 6k engagement ring around it's neck.

My GF comes home in two hours. If she comes home to no cat, I honestly think she'd break up with me. This cat means everything to her. I feel so bad, I've been jingling the treat bag and calling it's name for the past hour, but it hasn't come back.

We visit a cat shelter at the mall sometimes, and she always says one of the cats looks EXACTLY like her cat...I was thinking about running out and buying that one to replace hers until (if) it comes back, but that might be too crazy. I'm freaking out, if this cat doesn't come back, not only have a I lost a ring, I'll make my girlfriend severely unhappy.

tl;dr: Tried to propose to my GF by tying the ring to it's collar, the cat escaped and my girlfriend will be home soon...what to do

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Pubes are gross on both men and women.

Also men should shave their legs and armpits as well. I guess what I'm saying is, man or woman, body hair is gross

I too hate secondary sex characteristics.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Dunning Krugerrand posted:

[M/31] I think I killed my girlfriend's [F/27] cat...and it ran off with my engagement ring

:laffo:

don't do elaborate proposals!

at least the cat ran off with the engagement ring so he won't have to deal with her saying no when she finds out he lost her cat

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Holy gently caress man, if you're going to her apartment for the express purpose of doing something with the cat, how in the gently caress do you leave the door open?

Who leaves doors open in general?

Luckily it's highly likely that the cat will come back home when it gets hungry.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

WampaLord posted:

Holy gently caress man, if you're going to her apartment for the express purpose of doing something with the cat, how in the gently caress do you leave the door open?

Luckily it's highly likely that the cat will come back home when it gets hungry.
My cat ripped through a screen and jumped out the 2nd story. He eventually came back. The little rear end in a top hat now lives elsewhere.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

WampaLord posted:

turns out he's from one of those white trash families that has the front door open all the time and like six big dogs

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

china bot posted:

I (28f) prepared a very elaborate scenario to propose to my boyfriend (29m) of 5 years. He chose to embarrass me in front of our friends instead. He says he thought I was joking and was "going with it" but it crushed me. What do I do?

I can't stop cackling at this.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
The cat is still there, it just won't decloak until it *wants* to be seen.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

TheScott2K posted:

Seriously, it's way better if you imagine them as the scummiest southies from Boston you ever saw and just marinate in the hilarity.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

fruit on the bottom posted:

The cat is still there, it just won't decloak until it *wants* to be seen.

it's just taking care of cat business

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Is this one of those George side-plots from an episode of Seinfeld?

SENTIENT HOUSEMEAT
Oct 14, 2016

A thinking, breathing house? You're mad!
The worst bit isn't the idiot who doesn't know how doors work, or that he had a stupid proposal plan that fell apart, or even that his two plans to solve the missing cat problem are to ask Reddit or buy a new one rather than say, LOOK for it. No, it's this rear end in a top hat who "loves" cats so much she got hers declawed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leon Einstein posted:

My cat ripped through a screen and jumped out the 2nd story. He eventually came back. The little rear end in a top hat now lives elsewhere.

Where the hell did he escape from, Meowschwitz?