Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
St. Blaize
Oct 11, 2007

Gorgolflox posted:

What is going on with that pizza? I only eat Little Ceasers

The shittiest kind of deep dish, Giordano's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i bet you peach baked that pie

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

if super bomberman r is supposed to be based on super bomberman 3 i really hope they bring back this menu music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u68T3wEOihY

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jimmy Hats posted:

Please stop posting/quoting creepy animu jerk-off games ITT

But I like Zelda

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

PerrineClostermann posted:

But I like Zelda

We can only pray that there is a Japanese dub available in America so we can get that super hype anime wailing rather than an English speaker crying.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I voted for Mr. Game & Watch and his black food

Squid ink pasta or Soul food

Jimmy Hats posted:

Please stop posting/quoting creepy animu jerk-off games ITT

But Team Ninja is ready working on Extreme Volleyball Switch with all the Nintendo ladys.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Jarogue posted:

But Team Ninja is ready working on Extreme Volleyball Switch with all the Nintendo ladys.

Would

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

St. Blaize posted:

The shittiest kind of deep dish, Giordano's

All deep dish is poo poo.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Takoluka posted:

The game's translation was hilariously bad, but the special edition came with a pillowcase. It was also delayed for, like, a year.

It's not as comfortable as the Agarest War pillowcase, but it's pretty good.

My brother preordered whatever Agarest package came with the "rest your wrist on these anime boobs" mousepad.

It's without a doubt the best mouse pad I have ever used, and I hate it, my brother, and myself.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Jarogue posted:

Will Rosalina still be like 7 feet tall? That seems like an advantage in volleyball.

Also, David Wise is doing the music for Snake Pass.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

TVs Ian posted:

Will Rosalina still be like 7 feet tall? That seems like an advantage in volleyball.

Also, David Wise is doing the music for Snake Pass.

You know I thought the music in the trailer and previews sounded a lot like his style! Awesome. More reason to buy the game.

edit: Apparently the trailer music wasn't actually written by him but their in-house sound designer. Even so, Wise is a perfect fit for the tropical theming of the title considering his recent work with Tropical Freeze.

FPzero fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Feb 10, 2017

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Luigi about to throw up after seeing someone refer to that poo poo pile as pizza

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Claytor posted:

My brother preordered whatever Agarest package came with the "rest your wrist on these anime boobs" mousepad.

It's without a doubt the best mouse pad I have ever used, and I hate it, my brother, and myself.

they're good mousepads Brent

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Uh, the best mousepad ever is the one that came with Duke Nukem 3D, followed by the one that came with Max Payne.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dibs on switch dog

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus

FPzero posted:

I thought the Switch came with an AC Adapter? Are you just looking to get a spare or is that a different one than comes with the console?

It's a spare, for when I take the Switch into work to enjoy during night shifts ;)

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

snograt posted:

It's a spare, for when I take the Switch into work to enjoy during night shifts ;)

I bought a backup battery for the remote times when I'm like on the long-rear end car ride to visit my girlfriend's grandpa or something. I figure my USB cable should be long enough to reach my iphone wall adapter otherwise.

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus
The extra charger was a last-minute decision, based on all the uncertainty in this thread regarding third party USB charging solutions. Better safe than sorry, eh?

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I got tickets to go to the Switch Preview Tour in D.C. tomorrow night. I'll try and post some thoughts on the system and games when I get back. I don't know what will be available to play there but is there anything anyone really wants to know about? I know I'm going to beeline for Zelda but the event is three hours long so I imagine there will be plenty of time to play other stuff too.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I'm going to the DC event as well. I'll go for Zelda if the line shortens up, but I figure I'll get my hands on it in 3 weeks anyway so I don't plan on wasting time if the wait is terrible.

Really hoping to try Splatoon 2.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Let me know about ARMS, Splatoon 2, and Snipperclips.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Beastie posted:

They're all games coming out for the Nintendo Switch.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Louisgod posted:

They're all games coming out for the Nintendo Switch.

And they're all good.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Beastie posted:

Splatoon 2 is a followup to 2015 smash hit Splatoon, and will be changing things up a bit as well as adding new customization

Snipperclips is co-op puzzle solving in the same vein as Affordable Space Adventures.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Binding of Isaac went from available 03/03 to 03/10 at Best Buy. "The Switch is super easy to program for" --Binding of Isaac guy

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

enojy posted:

Binding of Isaac went from available 03/03 to 03/10 at Best Buy. "The Switch is super easy to program for" --Binding of Isaac guy

Nicalis isn't the Binding of Isaac guy imo. Also lol.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Nicalis' lovely programming and lovely business strikes again

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I doubt a delay of a single week has anything to do with programming issues.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Decius posted:

Shipping 17th instead of 3rd though.

amazon routinely overestimates their shipping dates tho

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Louisgod posted:

quick reminder that I still have two Switches pre-ordered with no claim on the second, which I'm willing to ship to somebody on here if they can't get one.

That wouldn't happen to have grey joycons, would it?

I was at a Zelda-themed event last weekend where people were dressed up in Zelda outfits doing Zelda things to save Zelda and at the end they had a massive line for people to try the new Zelda game and it got me thinking: I really wanna play Mario Odyssey. Also I have disposable income (Zelda events aren't cheap!).

But I also really like the look of the Grey Dogcon. Not sure how I'll react if I stumble across an available Switch in Not-as-Doggy Neon.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Hammer Bro. posted:

That wouldn't happen to have grey joycons, would it?

Yep, grey pre-order as far as I know.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

enojy posted:

A whole week? Might as well be the next The Last Guardian.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Detective No. 27 posted:

What kind of cool would trust Kirby with your meal?

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Louisgod posted:

Yep, grey pre-order as far as I know.

Drop me an email and we'll chit-chat: my hotmail is "hammerbroish"; I'm guessing you know where to put the '@' and ".com".

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Snipperclips is co-op puzzle solving in the same vein as Affordable Space Adventures.

How was Affordable Space Adventures? I don't own a Wii U but I know somebody who does and we're both very fond of games by Nifflas.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Hammer Bro. posted:

How was Affordable Space Adventures? I don't own a Wii U but I know somebody who does and we're both very fond of games by Nifflas.

It was amazing! Co-ordinating spaceship duties is just something that really clicks with me, and the puzzles were fun as heck. It really does use every part of the Wii Uffulo too (and has the best use of Miiverse in any game). I loved it, my girlfriend loved it, I cannot recommend it enough.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

enojy posted:

Haha, come on dude, you really think that has anything to do with programming? When do you think a game cart/disc is produced, the week leading up to release?

LoveBoatCaptain
Aug 26, 2008

Celebrate as all our past ways wither, lead the way to an age of light
Some people will take any tidbit of information about the Switch and try to turn it into something negative, it's been like that since it was announced.

If anybody else cares about how easy it is to port to the Switch Spawn Wave did an interesting video recently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Paf3yBU_pYI

It sounds very, very promising.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It was amazing! Co-ordinating spaceship duties is just something that really clicks with me, and the puzzles were fun as heck. It really does use every part of the Wii Uffulo too (and has the best use of Miiverse in any game). I loved it, my girlfriend loved it, I cannot recommend it enough.

Same exact experience. It gets very challenging at some points—it's very surprising how precise some of the solutions are. So when you play on Technical, expect to be exhausted/relieved when you just scrape through one of the trickier rooms.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
This thing doesn't seem worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

This thing doesn't seem worth it

don't sign your posts