Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The memes must flow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I thought Dubya was the floor no way in hell we could ever do worse than him. lol I thought there was a floor...

I'd strongly prefer Dubya at this point. Jfc

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Dumbass: The immigrants and poors are taking MY TAXES to get healthcare? No way Jose! MAGA!

*recieves medicare/medicaid/disability from crippling fatness*

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Moridin920 posted:

something like 20% of people polled think the sun goes around the earth

there's just like a good 15-25% of people out there that are dumbfucks and that's all there is to it

Flawed question. There are no privileged reference frames. The earth goes around the sun just as much as the sun goes around the earth.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Aint gonna be any grizzleys in my school I tell you that

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

*trump deftly grasps the handrail of the people mover at the airport, afraid to move, as he slides like nosferatu at 2mph for the entire 135 seconds*

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
When did Trump go full retard? He seems reasonably intelligent in that congressional hearing from the early 90s. He seems like he should be in a rest home where his complaints about the modern world and how things work wouldn't be as alarming. The us elected Abe Simpson basically

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Kuato posted:

When did Trump go full retard? He seems reasonably intelligent in that congressional hearing from the early 90s. He seems like he should be in a rest home where his complaints about the modern world and how things work wouldn't be as alarming. The us elected Abe Simpson basically

Old Man Yells at Court

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zorodius posted:

Flawed question. There are no privileged reference frames. The earth goes around the sun just as much as the sun goes around the earth.

nah lol the Earth orbits the Sun

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

FuhrerHat posted:

*trump deftly grasps the handrail of the people mover at the airport, afraid to move, as he slides like nosferatu at 2mph for the entire 135 seconds*

Lol

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Chomp8645 posted:

Old Man Yells at Court

LOL

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Moon Atari posted:

Nyt had an article recently showing that fully 1/3 of people still don't know that obamacare and the affordable care act are the same thing, and many are opposed to obamacare but support the affordable care act. On top of that a high proportion of people earning less than 50K stating they support the repeal don't realize it involves scaling back medicaid and a bunch of other provisions they are likely to rely on.

I've often said that one of the administration's greatest blunders was owning the Obamacare name instead of insisting that it be called the Affordable Care Act. Calling it Obamacare is problematic on so many levels that the Affordable Care Act establishes that it's not just Barack Obama implementing it

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
One Weird Trick Conservatives Hate

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

that sounds like some stupid science bitch talk

cnut
May 3, 2016

let us lol

https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/830053398078709761

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

This would be perfect for 'Old Man Grabs Pussy'.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

lmao

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

fixed

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
All we need now is to replace the cloud with the Presidential Seal and it will an honest to goodness accurate summation of American government atm.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Lil Peeler posted:

I've often said that one of the administration's greatest blunders was owning the Obamacare name instead of insisting that it be called the Affordable Care Act. Calling it Obamacare is problematic on so many levels that the Affordable Care Act establishes that it's not just Barack Obama implementing it

It's not problematic it's loving hilarious

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Hahahahahahahahahahhaha

Trump's National Security Adviser Reportedly Discussed Sanctions With Russia

It's been known that Flynn had contacts — text messages and at least one phone conversation — with the Russian ambassador before President Trump's inauguration. The White House has said nothing improper took place, although its explanations for those contacts have shifted.

In an interview this week, Flynn twice flatly denied discussing sanctions with Kislyak, the Post says. But the newspaper adds that Flynn's spokesman later gave a more nuanced response, saying that Flynn "indicated that while he had no recollection of discussing sanctions, he couldn't be certain that the topic never came up."

http://wuwm.com/post/trumps-national-security-adviser-reportedly-discussed-sanctions-russia#stream/0

nothing will happen.

lol

cnut
May 3, 2016

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

how about?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

aaahhahaha

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
they're saying he wants to redo the order or some poo poo

lol

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008

That Robot posted:

they're saying he wants to redo the order or some poo poo

lol

the 9th circuit will deny the next one, too, but will end their opinion with "no backsies!"

cnut
May 3, 2016

Lime Tonics posted:

Hahahahahahahahahahhaha

Trump's National Security Adviser Reportedly Discussed Sanctions With Russia

It's been known that Flynn had contacts — text messages and at least one phone conversation — with the Russian ambassador before President Trump's inauguration. The White House has said nothing improper took place, although its explanations for those contacts have shifted.

In an interview this week, Flynn twice flatly denied discussing sanctions with Kislyak, the Post says. But the newspaper adds that Flynn's spokesman later gave a more nuanced response, saying that Flynn "indicated that while he had no recollection of discussing sanctions, he couldn't be certain that the topic never came up."

http://wuwm.com/post/trumps-national-security-adviser-reportedly-discussed-sanctions-russia#stream/0

nothing will happen.

lol

Holy gently caress lol

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Kuato posted:

Trump's father also had early-onset dementia.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Perfection.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

cnut
May 3, 2016

:trumppop:

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

i'm sure these polls are super accurate. just like the polls that predicted president hillary "rod-ham" clinton

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHahGahgahaasjhAhaha

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
This is my favorite thread in the world

cnut
May 3, 2016

rezatahs posted:

i'm sure these polls are super accurate. just like the polls that predicted president hillary "rod-ham" clinton

I Report, You Decide :viggo:

lol

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Moridin920 posted:

The question is jerk-off bait for slightly-educated people, at the expense of un-educated people.

It's written based on a set of assumptions that would be made by someone who had a little, but not much, science education. Namely, it assumes that the sun's reference frame is best, because it simplifies the picture of the solar system you'd have in a grade-8 science class.

Besides completely neglecting the concept of invariance, this question misses the whole point of a physical model, which is to answer questions within a certain scope. The "Sun-around-Earth" respondents are picking the frame which accurately describes their daily lives; you'd have to be insane to model, say, a car's motion in terms of the spinning, orbiting Earth as seen from the Sun.

But making bad assumptions lets you smugly wank over how much smarter you are, so that's great.

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.
I just followed the madman on twitter to lol instantly, evertime I see he has done a new dump tweet! What have I become?:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
following trump on twitter rules, every morning you wake up to a nice lol, and then throughout the day he periodically sends you some more laughs