Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dias posted:

I appreciate the hustle but why does your Primm have DC, Vax?

Holy blade can hit twice, does decent damage I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Yeah, all of Primm's Saber attacks hit twice when she's equipped with Dual Wield.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
DualCAST. I don't think she can dualcast those abilities, that or I'm going insane.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Daily Draw 3*...turns to 4*.....

Primm Finally. Cool now I can do this event faster

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Cool, there are whales defending the decision not to fix the rolls. Well, I guess the players of this game deserve whatever bullshit they get.

quote:

Also, I have a personal question to ask. If we were to implement a VIP system that will allow you to speed up the TM farming rate, will this be feasible? Please leave a comment of your thoughts.
I look forward to this getting put in then bans handed out to macro users.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The Valentine's Banner... is gonna cause me to save my pulls.

I got an Ace today, so that's neat.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The Valentine's Banner... is gonna cause me to save my pulls.

I got an Ace today, so that's neat.

Somebody posted this earlier:

If you're skipping this banner, but in general don't mind the 1/2 pull cost, then buy this each day instead of 1/2 pulling. Supposedly the candy gives 150 MP and you can use the NRG bottle on the mana event for more King Mog currency or save it for the next event.

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
Decided to do some last minute pulls on the New Year's banner because I don't have a Xiao and hey, maybe I'd get super lucky and pull Yun. Instead the only banner units I got were a second and third Ling :psyduck: (in consecutive pulls, no less). So, um, sorry for stealing the luck of anyone who wanted to get her and didn't, and in retrospect this was a stupid idea.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
So I woke up at 330am to throw up due to some apparent food poisoning and during the down time between which orifice was fighting to have the badness expelled, I ended up pulling Cupid Luna.

tldr: thoughts on Dark Luna since I just pulled her off the 1/2 price banner?

Moral of the story: Chinese buffet for lunch was bad news. The are always bad news.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So I wasn't paying attention, just auto-killing all the bosses until I hit Limnad on ADV, which suddenly just gains a bunch of health and nuked my team including a noctis friend unit. Also no objectives on these missions makes this event seem kind of halfassed.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

hagie posted:

Moral of the story: Chinese buffet for lunch was bad news. The are always bad news.

Them's fighting words
Buffets are never bad news

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Shoenin posted:

Them's fighting words
Buffets are never bad news

No, but Chinese buffets are always food poisoning. Those with weak stomachs would best be wary.

Nuebot posted:

Cool, there are whales defending the decision not to fix the rolls. Well, I guess the players of this game deserve whatever bullshit they get.

I look forward to this getting put in then bans handed out to macro users.

Stockholm syndrome is a hell of a thing.

Also, of course whales would defend the decision. Having the biggest e-peen isn't as fun when everyone's got a chance for huge digital swagdicks.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So I don't think I'm going to be getting the trust moogle for this. Took Dana's crazy good noctis in to ELT and each warp break took off less than a quarter of every boss' HP and they were all immune to breaks. My exdeath, who is my strongest character, did like 1/100th of a life bar in damage. Good poo poo, life is great without a noctis or lightning of your own.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Tossed 8 tickets into the pot because the TMs were decent and I could always get lucky and nab Marie. Alright, 2 Cupid Lunas, Refia's going to be happy. Cupid Artemios too, so Cecil/WoL has a new toy in the future. Some random units including yet another Xiao...and Zidane :toot:

Elza's been having to get by on Doublehand while Noctis hogged my only copy of Dual-wield I've been able to pull. She can finally do damage again.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
I doubt I'll ever touch another gacha with rates as poo poo as GL FFBE. I started playing Granblue Fantasy around the same time as FFBE and if I were to do a comparison, I'd have 18x more 5* base units in that game compared to my one Ramza. Here's to hoping all these tickets I saved up will net me Orlandu.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Chinese buffets in Asia are pretty safe, delicious, and super cheap. They're basically local cafeterias. You can get a solid meal for $2-3USD depending how much meat you want.

I do miss Panda Express though, there's something about Americanized Chinese food that holds a special place in my heart...probably all the sugar. :ba dum tiss:

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

While the Valentine's Banner looks kind of garbage, Cupid Luna gets Chainsaw and as a 5* has better stats than Edgar, of course her selection of elemental weaponry is rather limited. Meanwhile if the wiki is correct on the stats Cupid Artemios gets a single target 80% ATK/MAG buff.

Infected fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Feb 10, 2017

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Infected posted:

While the Valentine's Banner looks kind of garbage, Cupid Luna gets Chainsaw and as a 5* has better stats than Edgar, of course her selection of elemental weaponry is rather limited. Meanwhile if the wiki is correct on the stats Cupid Artemios gets a single target 80% ATK/MAG buff.

Luna is way harder to get specific elements on than Edgar, though.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Yep, only Dark and Fire unless you have a TMR that allows her to equip some other kind of weapon type.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Dias posted:

I appreciate the hustle but why does your Primm have DC, Vax?

Because I can.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Nuebot posted:

So I don't think I'm going to be getting the trust moogle for this. Took Dana's crazy good noctis in to ELT and each warp break took off less than a quarter of every boss' HP and they were all immune to breaks. My exdeath, who is my strongest character, did like 1/100th of a life bar in damage. Good poo poo, life is great without a noctis or lightning of your own.

hey thats a 5% trust moogle man, they cant just give it away, that'd be crazy!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yeah, they really should give out the 10% moogle given the difficulty. As for strategy, bring your COD for omniveil and a dualcast Refia if possible. Bring those chocolates too and use them strategically between fights to keep your best units topped off. You don't necessarily need to fight every boss either, the Neith is probably the hardest one, it's down the right hand side.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
This was the honest to God way the developers expected players to get trust mastery rewards

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Was not expecting the ELT level mobs to be as hard as they were. I'm actually having to play and adjust my team to deal with it. Definitely won't be able to grab everything on the first try like I did on the other levels.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i actually really enjoy any time hard content comes out because you can go over to the reddit and read posts like "i am not a whale and i beat it, heres my team of noctis/noctis/d.fina/lightning/refia/friend noctis with only 800 attack and i messed up the first time because i had three excaliburs equipped but

ah yes, thanks for the heads up not whales about remembering to switch off of my excaliburs from my noctis squad

edit: unrelated but i randomly just get 100 lapis on my account on the emulator sometimes? there is absolutely nothing i did on the emulator today other than tm for a bit and i have gained 100 lapis and ???????????? this is the second time this has happened does this happen to anyone else am i losing it. are gumi loving with me for being extremely sarcastic about their game on something awfuls forums

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Feb 10, 2017

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
Maaan I don't think I had trouble with this event? Only thing I screwed up on was not getting the hidden chests for beginner and intermediate which I just ran through again. """"not a whale"""" in the sense that I haven't spent any money ever but I do have fairly good units, just no amazing ability materia or equipment besides blade mastery and I just got a dual wield finished with the 5% moogle. 620 atk lightning, refia, cecil, CoD and like a 500 mag exdeath with a whale noctis. Just took my time with it and did the minimum bosses for advanced because there's easier ways to get 6* mats than this exploration. :shrug:

I think I had the most trouble with the medusa boss tbh, wasting a bunch of mp to not deal very much damage.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Limped over the finish line on ELT. 660 ATK Lightning, 500 ATK Lightning, 550 MAG D. Fina, Cecil, DC Refia, Whale Noctis. If I had a CoD I'd have dumped the 2nd Lightning or DF, but somehow despite pulling 4 base 5*s I have no CoD. Dualcast Refia is always the MVP of these ELT events for me as it seems as long as she lives there's no way to lose. Just went up the left side, used a tent and ate all 7 chocolates I could bring.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Cleared all of ELT in one go with CoD, Bartz, Cecil, Refia, ExDeath, and 850 friend Noctis, but boy it was close. ExDeath was constantly dead I the last fight so he would've been better served as anyone else. Dual cast Refia was MVP (as usual), but I think everyone on the team died at least twice through the fight. Bartz being a battery didn't even come into play since there was never a round where Curaja did not need to be cast at least once, so dual revive was out.

Fun event. I still wish I had a Dual Wield anything, but at least Dual cast is putting in some serious work.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

rabidsquid posted:

i actually really enjoy any time hard content comes out because you can go over to the reddit and read posts like "i am not a whale and i beat it, heres my team of noctis/noctis/d.fina/lightning/refia/friend noctis with only 800 attack and i messed up the first time because i had three excaliburs equipped but

ah yes, thanks for the heads up not whales about remembering to switch off of my excaliburs from my noctis squad

edit: unrelated but i randomly just get 100 lapis on my account on the emulator sometimes? there is absolutely nothing i did on the emulator today other than tm for a bit and i have gained 100 lapis and ???????????? this is the second time this has happened does this happen to anyone else am i losing it. are gumi loving with me for being extremely sarcastic about their game on something awfuls forums

what's with the not using excalibur?

aren't most of the elt mobs only weak to holy/dark and resist most everything else?

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
^^^ Yeah the end boss is like 50% resistant to all elements except holy and dark so leave elemental weapons off

Went up the right side with my 615 Atk noctis cod Cecil ex and Refia with a super noctis friend and this was definitely a harder vortex event then the past couple. I agree it's fun to have to pay attention since every boss took me multiple turns to take down. Made it to the end before dropping my tent and went in fully charged. Think it took 5 or 6 turns to drop that thing. Release I think it's called hits pretty good and does some status stuff like blind and silence so cod helps to have. He uses it when he drops below 50% health and he hit me again with it when I had him down to like 5%. His lightning and ice break attack hit me for like 2000 grand a pop too.

Also omniveil really helped out throughout the whole thing. If you do take the right side the beast boss with the horns causes disease with one of his AoE attacks, which I couldn't cure so make sure to bring something to cure it if you go that way. Still cleared the board being all diseased up though so while it's pretty hard it's not impossible if you limit your fights prior to the end boss.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012
Cleared with CoD/Ace/Cecil/Refia/Bartz + 700 ATK friend Noctis (of course)

After this event, I'm convinced that you can wrap anything around a core of DC Refia + Support Bartz and end up with a super solid team. I stopped trying to gear Butts for any kind of damage and just gave him Bar-spells, Winter Ward and Osmose Blade, and he went from disappointing to a key player. Who needs a Green mage when he's been here the whole time?

In other F2P news, this 15% ATK materia finally brought CoD into the 700 club. Barring finally getting a Hayate or Ramza (lol), this might be the ceiling for her.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Cecil/Refia/CoD is a godlike support shell, it only gets better if you add DC and a battery to the mix.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
In any event where the boss is susceptible to breaks I'll prob take ling with instead of cod or Cecil, but aside from that yeah that's a good core

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dias posted:

Cecil/Refia/CoD is a godlike support shell, it only gets better if you add DC and a battery to the mix.

I used this combo to own the Valentine's Day event. I'm currently cactauring up my newly acquired Ling and wondering how she fits into the above trio. Probably swap out COD since my other two spots are Lightning and Luneth.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Made the mistake of treating last boss exactly like 2-headed dragon trial and didn't use any abilities on him. Second time was way easier. Ling, Cecil, DC Refia, CoD, and 2 650ish attack Nocti did the trick.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
forgot to swap out golem staff from arena before running elt but still managed

those chocolates are very nice

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

By the way, what's the best way to gear Ling? Maximum squishiness protection?

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

The spanking new +15% ATK got my Noctic up to 800 ATK now and I am done with this new event. Pretty cool stuff even if the ELT level was a drastic shift up in difficulty.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Ratmtattat posted:

The spanking new +15% ATK got my Noctic up to 800 ATK now and I am done with this new event. Pretty cool stuff even if the ELT level was a drastic shift up in difficulty.

I am very bitter I won't be able to get that +15%. Most teams that can beat ELT won't even really need it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I didn't bring CoD and brought Exdeath instead. Eh, should be fine anyway.

<five minutes later>

holy poo poo holy gently caress everyone's dead and on fire help

Fenrir Noctis and Refia carried the team tho. Refia buff as gently caress tanked more poo poo than Cecil.

• Locked thread