Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Totally radicool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Oooo, they are changing strongholds. I might be able to get away with bringing 2 or 3 guys as legionnaires to someone elses fight. Legionnaires get resources for both their own clan and whoever they are fighting for.

Why did you start your own clan? Why not just join PANSY? Then you'd have at least a few people to start off with.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Because I doubt any real clan wants some multiboxing arty lunatic yutzing up their matches. Also I have a good gimmick, [NEGTV] - Negative. I spam f6 all game and everyone hates me for it.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

There has to be at least 5 goons who still play this wretched game in north america that might like some free bonuses at the cost of suffering through a few occasional stronghold skirmishes. With the stronghold changes coming you literally can't regress, all progress is retained, you make progress on losses, and you get to mock me for my hubris.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Actually, if any of you people are rolling around the NA server clanless, join my clan. I'll even give you exec officer roles so you can get mad about there being no gold to steal. I'll be doing my best to get some clan bonuses up, we could even do a skirmish or two then never play the game again.

Do you have a quirky and/or offensive clan tag?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Clan tag [NEGTV] - Negative. Clan motto No, Negative!. Clan symbol:

Rule 1: F6
Rule 2: F6
Rule 3: F5F6

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/game-events/meatheadmilitia-favs/

Who would want this?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Bald guys with beards?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I can't bring myself to waste so much gold/credits on such a poo poo tank though.

If you have a premium account the gold shells for credits on the 105 actually isn't too expensive. As long as you are hitting tanks and doing damage with your shells you'll probably break even firing 100% gold. Also part of what makes the 105 better then the 90 is that you can trade shots far better due to the much higher alpha. The tank can't really carry very well but you can do a lot of damage before getting murdered if you play like a chode man.

I am running 100% gold ammo on the 105 on the tier 6 TD and breaking even or making a profit in some games.

AMX M4 49 on-sale now, ready your wallets.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 10, 2017

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Bald guys with beards?

Oh right, the neonazi playerbase.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

There has to be at least 5 goons who still play this wretched game in north america that might like some free bonuses at the cost of suffering through a few occasional stronghold skirmishes. With the stronghold changes coming you literally can't regress, all progress is retained, you make progress on losses, and you get to mock me for my hubris.

Well for fun sake. It is not like I toon with anyone anyways due to TZ differences.
ign: diehlan

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

:bisonyes:
My first victim. I'll throw you an invite when I get home.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I'll play skirmishes with people, they changed it so you don't have to be in the same clan anymore right? Pansy LGBT only clan for life.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

BadLlama posted:

I'll play skirmishes with people, they changed it so you don't have to be in the same clan anymore right? Pansy LGBT only clan for life.

Ill add you to the legionnaire rolodex. Another change is that you will also earn resources for your own clan. My skirmish plans involve tier 6s or maybe tier 7s.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Are you in discord mister llama?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Are you in discord mister llama?

Right now I am at work. I generally play around 6pm-10pm West Coast time.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Ok, cool. Come on guys lets get Negative.

When is the next update supposed to land anyways?

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I wonder how many of the guys in the 1.12% of players with a higher WR than me are statpadding/sealclubbing exclusively.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

I often wonder the same thing

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

BadLlama posted:

Speaking of PANSY, shoot me another invite please Atomizer. I've at least temporarily given up on finding a clan that does strongholds but doesn't have grand plans of sitting around all night doing nothing for one or two clan wars battles.

Ok, cool. Come on guys lets get Negative.

Anything you are trying to do with your own clan you could have done more easily in PANSY with a better name and cooler logo. It's not like PANSY has codes of conduct. We used to get free gold for pissing off people enough to complain about us.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Feb 10, 2017

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Steelion posted:

I wonder how many of the guys in the 1.12% of players with a higher WR than me are statpadding/sealclubbing exclusively.

All of them?

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Just noticed the PANSY thread is archived. :rip:

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

NotWearingPants posted:

Anything you are trying to do with your own clan you could have done more easily in PANSY with a better name and cooler logo. It's not like PANSY has codes of conduct. We used to get free gold for pissing off people enough to complain about us.

Does pansy have a discord? I can always legionnaire from my clan when those changes go through.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Wow, the players are really bad during the day. It's kind of ironic that people say the level of play drops when school is out.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Does pansy have a discord? I can always legionnaire from my clan when those changes go through.

yes, but unless there are newer changes, you've been able to legionnaire while belonging to another clan for a while now.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

No, that is one of the upcoming changes.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

ROFLburger posted:

Just noticed the PANSY thread is archived. :rip:

RIP

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

No, that is one of the upcoming changes.

No, perhaps the change is more subtle, like legionaries get clan credit for time in other clan strongholds, but you've been able to join other clan's detachments as a member of a different clan since at least October: https://archives.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3588139&perpage=40&pagenumber=76#post465112022

I've done it many times, and had other clan members join my clan's detachments

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I can't bring myself to waste so much gold/credits on such a poo poo tank though. It's not the long 90mm which I have a problem with anyway, it's the vehicle itself which is just such a loving piece of sado-masochism. No armour, shite speed, no gun depression to the sides, abysmal DPM... I get that not everything can match the Tiger I for RoF or the T29 for pure firepower but this is just an inexcusably bad vehicle.

The long 90mm is fuckin bad. Here's the comparison - the 90mm gets about the DPM of the T29, just with an alpha disadvantage and without the great turret to be able to apply it all. The 105mm with APCR gets close to the Tiger's DPM with an alpha advantage and a speed advantage at the cost of accuracy. Basically, if you just be incredibly aggressive and brawl with the 105mm shooting all premium ammo, you convert lots of credits into fun and XP, so instead of suffering through a piece of shot for 150 games you get to have fun for 75 games and then play better tanks to make your credits.

Yeonik
Aug 23, 2010

Hellsau posted:

I realize this is a joke but I'll explain it for some of the noobie goonies. DPM for autoloaders doesn't account for the massive initial burst. It isn't like the Skoda is going to encounter many enemies before it gets its first reload, so that first ~30 seconds or whatever doesn't matter. It goes forwards, offloads a bunch of damage, then reloads and offloads another bunch of damage, and in that span of time even including the clip reload in the middle it's outDPMed its tiermates by a substantial margin. The stupid part about the Skoda is that its effective DPM is actually absurd because unlike most other tanks, it gets to offload a lot of its reload time during its travel while relocating for more shots, vastly inflating its applicable DPM.

For similar reasons I don't know how much better the L/100 would be DPM-wise even in similar situations since the 390 alpha is an advantage - it gets its first two shells off before the 88 will get its third shell off

Being the lowest DPM I think the Skoda T50 needs a buff.

I'll do strongholds if I'm on at the right time - add me to the legionnaire list I suppose.

Yeonik fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 10, 2017

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

The long 90mm is fuckin bad. Here's the comparison - the 90mm gets about the DPM of the T29, just with an alpha disadvantage and without the great turret to be able to apply it all. The 105mm with APCR gets close to the Tiger's DPM with an alpha advantage and a speed advantage at the cost of accuracy. Basically, if you just be incredibly aggressive and brawl with the 105mm shooting all premium ammo, you convert lots of credits into fun and XP, so instead of suffering through a piece of shot for 150 games you get to have fun for 75 games and then play better tanks to make your credits.

This, the AMX m4 45, while not a great tank, using the 105 with full premium ammo will let you trade HP away very effectively and do a poo poo ton of damage before you die a terrible death since you didn't block a single shot while trading.

I couldn't carry games when I played mine, but I did a poo poo ton of damage for a tier 7 before dying every time.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Feb 10, 2017

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

NotWearingPants posted:

No, perhaps the change is more subtle, like legionaries get clan credit for time in other clan strongholds, but you've been able to join other clan's detachments as a member of a different clan since at least October: https://archives.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3588139&perpage=40&pagenumber=76#post465112022

I've done it many times, and had other clan members join my clan's detachments

What I meant is that there was essentially no point to legionnairing in another clan when you are in a clan, because until the changes go through, you receive exactly dilz for it.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

What I meant is that there was essentially no point to legionnairing in another clan when you are in a clan, because until the changes go through, you receive exactly dilz for it.

Well you got credits and xp, and fun.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

NotWearingPants posted:

Well you got credits and xp, and fun.

Ah but with resources I can have xp, credits, fun, and boosters for the xp and credits.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Console version of tanks really goes all out with releasing lovely tanks as premium tanks

https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/store/british-bulldog-churchill-vii/

When I think of tech tree tanks I want to see as premium, the last one on my mind would be a god drat Churchill VII

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I hate the UDES, I hate my team, I hate that loving retard T49, I hate this game, and more importantly I hate myself for playing it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

BadLlama posted:

Console version of tanks really goes all out with releasing lovely tanks as premium tanks

https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/store/british-bulldog-churchill-vii/

When I think of tech tree tanks I want to see as premium, the last one on my mind would be a god drat Churchill VII

More people would have bought a premium Churchill GC simply as a joke. Hell maybe they'll fix the stupid track knees weakspot that makes the Churchill 7's armor scheme useless.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

join the club

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell is this?

Who in this dying tanks game would watch those video's? that dude looks aggressively awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

is one of you this mikesae guy