Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

The Rise and Fall of Austin Walker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

MKX looked like it had some good stuff but I wasn't really into the gore so I am looking forward to Injustice 2 :)

Gore isn't really my thing either but the violence in MKX was so over the top that it just made me laugh most of the time.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

oddium posted:

The Rise and Fall of Austin Walker
The Assassination of Austin Walker's Character by the Cowardly Twitter

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Phantasium posted:

Snake game now has David Wise music.

Metal Gear?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

Gore isn't really my thing either but the violence in MKX was so over the top that it just made me laugh most of the time.

Im the opposite, Im kind of completely fine with gore 99% of the time but MKX was the most vile and joyless game Ive ever played.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I just don't think the "reboot the bad part of Mortal Kombat" effort went nearly as good as the "reboot the good part of Mortal Kombat" did.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

At my Christmas 2015 family reunion, one of my cousins took me aside to show me a compilation of some Mortal Kombat fatalities on YouTube. He's a lovely cousin

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I haven't played MK in years so I'm probably not the best authority to comment upon this but what I did see of MKX made me kind of sick to my stomach.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

I haven't played MK in years so I'm probably not the best authority to comment upon this but what I did see of MKX made me kind of sick to my stomach.

Bo Rai Cho tends to do that to people with his vile farts.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/YourFriendMario/status/829385305333436416

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Just underlines that Mario is a bad Italian stereotype

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

is that still run by the lady that wants to kiss yoshi's dingdong

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I would hope that there is no racism of any kind in the Mushroom Kingdom.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

oddium posted:

is that still run by the lady that wants to kiss yoshi's dingdong
if you sex a yoshi do bongos play

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i wouldn't know

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

ha ha

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

if you sex a yoshi do bongos play

Depends on the position.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Bicyclops posted:

One of them is that hypersexualized drawing of Strawberry Shortcake someone drew on the internet.

Not to bring up "What's Wrong With Japan" exhibit of that Bombergirl game again, but I think the "someone" you're referring to here is Penny Arcade. Maybe. I don't know how many hypersexualized drawings of Strawberry Shortcake there are on the internet but PA certainly did one.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

LawfulWaffle posted:

I don't know how many hypersexualized drawings of Strawberry Shortcake there are on the internet

I'm going to take a guess and say more than 2

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
What happened with Austin Walker

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Wamdoodle posted:

I'm going to take a guess and say more than 2

I think the real (gross) question is: are there more hypersexualized drawings of Strawberry Shortcake characters -or- more sexualized drawings of the Strawberry Shortcake characters that try to draw them "on model." I don't think you can keep them on model and make them hypersexualized and I do not wish to debate this.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

The internet has enabled all of the world's degenerates to mingle and bring their perverse art to ever deeper lows.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Ekster posted:

The internet has enabled all of the world's degenerates to mingle and bring their perverse art to ever deeper lows.

I guess you can call forum posting an art

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
heh, these are neat. pointless and spergy, but neat little things anyways, and well-edited too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c274VOirffQ&hd=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11lm_SqyItQ&hd=1

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Dookieshed, huh. Like a craphouse? Poophut? Number 2 Lean-To?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I have no idea who he is. The second one showed up in the sidebar on another video I was watching so I clicked it out of curiosity and it was a cute little theory on the time between Megaman and Megaman X.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Blackfyre posted:

What happened with Austin Walker

He okayed them posting overwatch fanfiction on Vice gaming.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
So since I still boot up the old PS3 now and then to comfort-play Mass Effect (all of them! trilogy playthroughs only! :shepicide: ) I downloaded this month's free game Anna - Extended Edition

this is the worst game I have played since the 90s, no kidding

within a minute of starting i was reading a journal entry about how rape was super common and cool among medieval knights and then solving really bad pixel hunt puzzles. I think Sony is just checking to see if anyone is paying attention

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
It's almost as if gaming is supposed to be fun

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

A few months back they also put out for free that 1 hour Vita basically-a-visual-novel game about depression that I don't think anyone with depression should actually play because holy poo poo is it just dumping on the main character in the harshest way possible before the game forces you to commit suicide.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Waypoint is really bad.

edit: Vice in general is bad also.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I like it in concept even if it's not my thing because I like the idea of people just having fun writing about games and dumb stories about games. It reminds me of all the silly poo poo I read in the letters section of Nintendo Power. Fans just having fun.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Vice did the worst documentary on the Gathering of the Juggalos, which is really saying a lot. How you gently caress that up?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

bloodychill posted:

I like it in concept even if it's not my thing because I like the idea of people just having fun writing about games and dumb stories about games. It reminds me of all the silly poo poo I read in the letters section of Nintendo Power. Fans just having fun.

It would stand a chance of pulling that off if it were not for Austin Walker who is unable to have fun doing anything without also saying "but maybe.... this is bad...."

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

bloodychill posted:

A life not knowing about the Desert Storm gameboy isn't a life worth living.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
that_onion_satire_on_VICE.wav

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I listened to a few of the waypoint podcasts and they seem alright

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Nate RFB posted:

Maybe it's a sign I'm becoming an old because the violence in the first Mortal Kombats and GTA, I wouldn't even bat an eye. But the modern ones just creep me out with their body-horror obsession with the moment someone goes from being a person to a bag of flesh, which is like every fatality and x-ray move in that game. Like hell, I'm playing Nioh where I'm decapitating fools every thirty seconds, and that's all right. But the way Mortal Kombat lingers on that moment between screaming in existential pain to nothingness is really unpalatable.

CJacobs posted:

It would stand a chance of pulling that off if it were not for Austin Walker who is unable to have fun doing anything without also saying "but maybe.... this is bad...."

You mean Austin Walker who just played Crackdown and Phantom Dust for hours yesterday shooting the poo poo, Austin Walker who wrote a review of a mixtape that a PR person accidentally sent to him, or Austin Walker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdztxrIlTKE

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

CJacobs posted:

you don't like austin? why, because he's fun and you're not? :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

• Locked thread