Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I learned a very painful lesson several years ago.

So both ears are pierced, with decently big plugs in them (16mm, or 5/8").

I had left some stone plugs sitting in the car all day. And threw them in without really thinking about how hot they might be.

:supaburn: right in my earlobes. I don't think they were in the sun, but it was July or August.

:supaburn: indeed. But imagine if it were dangly bit jewelry. :getout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Coredump posted:

I wanted one for so long. Tell me more about your xB so I can live through you.

I like it. 2012 automatic. Didn't initially want an automatic but it shifts good, and surprisingly has some torque and can move off the line really well which I was not expecting at all, but apparently Toyota wanted it that way so they put the bigger 2.4 4cyl in it. It gets about 25mpg city which isn't bad.

Great sound system, way better than expected. Only thing I don't really like is the plastic steering wheel that has a rough feel to it, but i can get a leather wheel from a Rav4 that will bolt right on so I'm gonna go that route. Overall I'm happy with the purchase, I lucked out and found a one owner private seller, 90% of the newer ones are at dealers.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Darchangel posted:

:supaburn: indeed. But imagine if it were dangly bit jewelry. :getout:

I... started to type something about dangly jewelry being small gauge and therefore having a much smaller surface area.

Then I realized you weren't talking about women's earrings. :stonkhat:

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I like it. 2012 automatic. Didn't initially want an automatic but it shifts good, and surprisingly has some torque and can move off the line really well which I was not expecting at all, but apparently Toyota wanted it that way so they put the bigger 2.4 4cyl in it. It gets about 25mpg city which isn't bad.

Great sound system, way better than expected. Only thing I don't really like is the plastic steering wheel that has a rough feel to it, but i can get a leather wheel from a Rav4 that will bolt right on so I'm gonna go that route. Overall I'm happy with the purchase, I lucked out and found a one owner private seller, 90% of the newer ones are at dealers.

Nice. I assumed you have the first gen boxy one as that's the one I pine after. Good to hear the 2nd gen is treating you well though. I test drove a first gen one time and it felt like the worlds smallest bus and I liked it.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Coredump posted:

Nice. I assumed you have the first gen boxy one as that's the one I pine after. Good to hear the 2nd gen is treating you well though. I test drove a first gen one time and it felt like the worlds smallest bus and I liked it.

I almost bought one of the first gen ones years ago and wanted to put air ride on it and a set of work euroline DH's for the full VIP look. But that was many years ago and I would like to think I have better taste now.

now I want to put euroline DH's and air ride on my ls430......

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Then I realized you weren't talking about women's earrings. :stonkhat:

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Anyone have any stupendous tips and tricks for avoiding double-booking in your personal life? I'm historically bad at remember dates for thing and it came to a head yesterday. A scheduling conflict occurred (that was only partially my fault) that made me so anxious I nearly threw up and decided to leave work because I couldn't focus on anything.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

scuz posted:

Anyone have any stupendous tips and tricks for avoiding double-booking in your personal life? I'm historically bad at remember dates for thing and it came to a head yesterday. A scheduling conflict occurred (that was only partially my fault) that made me so anxious I nearly threw up and decided to leave work because I couldn't focus on anything.

Google calendar?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Larrymer posted:

Google calendar?

Not emptyquoting this incredibly useful but simple tip.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Larrymer posted:

Google calendar?
Just today I adjusted the home screen on my phone to the google calendar widget thing so that's a start. I dunno, I'm getting the feeling I'm over-thinking the solution of "not paying attention" when all I have to do is pay attention and write things down.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Well if you look at your phone all the time that's the best place to put it. Also if you use all the google tools everythings already linked to search so you can be a futuredork and ask your phone if you've anything planned for the 20th.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Also another tip is to chill out. Say you're sorry and go on with your life. People will either get over it, or not. poo poo happens.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Larrymer posted:

Also another tip is to chill out. Say you're sorry and go on with your life. People will either get over it, or not. poo poo happens.
This.

I have friends and "friends". The former will react to "yeah, I like, can't make it, bro, I have to find somewhere to hide this body" five minutes before I'm meant to turn up with a shrug and an offer of a shovel.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Friends will help you move, real friends will help you move bodies?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Like, I'm due for a break soon right?

As I have detailed in the past, I had no great love for the man. Hell I honestly did hate him for the bulk of our interactions. He was a hypocrite and a coward and refused to fight his own interpersonal battles.

BUT.

He was my girlfriend's father and she's absolutely shattered so any and everything I felt is getting chucked out the window. I will now endeavor to never say a bad thing about the man again.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

So I know we have a political detente in this thread right now, but I'm slightly buzzed, have a great idea, but I don't want to deal with the blowback. Someone do this:

Trump is famously thin-skinned. He also is one to brag about his prowess. Even his wife says that they have "incredible sex once a day, sometimes more." https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/01/fashion/melania-trump-the-silent-partner.html

With that, she is living hundreds of miles away from him. There are long periods of time that he is NOT having sex. There needs to be a web site along the lines of "Number of days since it's been possible for Donald Trump to have sex" and update it daily. It would drive the man loving nuttier.

I am granting full license for anyone to take this idea and run with it. It's someone's chance for internet fame points.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
didtrumphavesextoday.com?

It could just say "no" all the time.

I'm tempted. But I feel like I already have enough sites that need attention.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
easy to tell that orangegropenfuhrer paid for the virgin over the standard model.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Seminal Flu posted:

So I know we have a political detente in this thread right now, but I'm slightly buzzed, have a great idea, but I don't want to deal with the blowback. Someone do this:

Trump is famously thin-skinned. He also is one to brag about his prowess. Even his wife says that they have "incredible sex once a day, sometimes more." https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/01/fashion/melania-trump-the-silent-partner.html

With that, she is living hundreds of miles away from him. There are long periods of time that he is NOT having sex. There needs to be a web site along the lines of "Number of days since it's been possible for Donald Trump to have sex" and update it daily. It would drive the man loving nuttier.

I am granting full license for anyone to take this idea and run with it. It's someone's chance for internet fame points.

lets spend less time thinking about a gross, obese old man's sex life

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

cakesmith handyman posted:

Friends will help you move, real friends will help you move bodies?
As yet untested, but basically, yeah.

Rhyno posted:

Seriously: You catch a certain amount of poo poo here, and I'm not better than to be one of the ones who throws it.

But in this particular instance, I don't think you deserve this situation, and if it leads to a less-desirable end result for you, you should know, you don't deserve it, and it's not of your making.

Had your kind-of-FIL expressed such opinions to me over someone I cared about, I'd have called them on that poo poo, and educated them on the actual meaning of "blood is thicker than water".

Ride it out. Talk to people here if you need to, especially if it avoids having to say anything negative around your other half. If it doesn't go well, understand: It really isn't your fault. His last achievement, his last opportunity to leave a positive mark on the world, was to make someone several thousand miles away think he was a dick for using that period of socially-encouraged blame-free soapbox to badmouth someone his daughter loved. That's a serious dick move.

Hopefully she's able to realise this was his problem. if she can't, and it leads to the result you're worried about... You haven't lost as much as you thought you had.

Seminal Flu posted:

I'm slightly buzzed
You found your keyboard and can type.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BraveUlysses posted:

This, who cares.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

Rhyno posted:

Welp. Her dad died.

This is not going to be a good year at all.
Sorry rhino. Hope things turn out better than you expect

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

funny Star Wars parody posted:

isnt melbourne humid as gently caress and 50c?
Nope, Melbourne is rarely humid. And it's 20c here today :)

Now Brisbane and Darwin, that's humidity.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

BraveUlysses posted:

Hey, some of us are gross, obese old men and thinking* about our sex life is all we have.

*in a wistful way.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

BraveUlysses posted:

I was about to post this. My life happiness content goes up when I don't think of "him"

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

You Am I posted:

Nope, Melbourne is rarely humid. And it's 20c here today :)

Now Brisbane and Darwin, that's humidity.

I guess anything is humid compared to Arizona :shrug:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

spog posted:

Hey, some of us are gross, obese old men and thinking* about our sex life is all we have.

*in a wistful way.

Try pondering the meaning of life sometime, you'll think longer.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

cursedshitbox posted:

Try pondering the meaning of life sometime, you'll think longer.
I *want* the meaning of life to be to improve obese men's sex lives.

*May or may not be obese man*

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

As I have detailed in the past, I had no great love for the man. Hell I honestly did hate him for the bulk of our interactions. He was a hypocrite and a coward and refused to fight his own interpersonal battles.

BUT.

He was my girlfriend's father and she's absolutely shattered so any and everything I felt is getting chucked out the window. I will now endeavor to never say a bad thing about the man again.

You're being a good man. Be there for her.

:respek:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

cursedshitbox posted:

easy to tell that orangegropenfuhrer paid for the virgin over the standard model.

:golfclap:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Rhyno posted:

BUT.

You're a keeper for putting her feelings first, if she doesn't know that, it's not your fault.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

BraveUlysses posted:

Please don't make fun of me.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then
John Wick chapter 2: disappointing. Very disappointing.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

ilkhan posted:

That's disappointing. The first one is a solid action shootmans movie and I was looking forward to the second one.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

ilkhan posted:

gently caress really? drat.

It hasn't been given a release date in Australia. The Classification board hasn't even been given a copy of it.

I giggled at this Sniff Petrol article on the Mustang doing badly in the European crash testing:

http://sniffpetrol.com/2017/01/25/ford-mustang-crash-test-disaster/#.WJ58gLFh3x4

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

ilkhan posted:

Most of the reviews and word of mouth are saying it's good however. NOw if it will only get a loving release date in Australia.....

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

ilkhan posted:

This runs against everything I've heard about the movie so I'll stay optimistic until I see it for myself :buddy:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
safe bet to pick the complete opposite of whatever ik says, every time

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

BraveUlysses posted:

safe bet to pick the complete opposite of whatever ik says, every time

This is correct. He rivals PCOS Bill in bad opinions about things and being a dick

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Feb 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then
The story is mediocre and the fight scenes never stop and yet they are utterly predictable. I called a specific move at one point and it happened 2 seconds later. Meh.

• Locked thread