Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

In Training posted:

Can't believe bloodborne is already almost 2 years old and still Game of the Year. Incredible

I think about the game every day even if I don't play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

It will for me.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

Can't believe bloodborne is already almost 2 years old and still Game of the Year. Incredible

It's the best souls game by a significant margin, if your asking me.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Really disappointed in ds3 first DLC after the old hunters knocked it out of the park.

Which would still be true even if it was only up to the end of the research hall.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

It will for me.

lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

PS4 got a firmware update that improves bloodborne performance on Pro

edit: lol nice double bump

My wallet lol. seripously .. my wallet qq

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
altho i must say bloodborne runs really well on my ps4 anyway .. ive never had any slow down. but sometimes it takes 2 or 3 seconds for the textures (?) to load properly when i enter a area. it sure doesnt run like it does in that picture anyway

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i share my ps4 w/ my roomie at the moment, so idk who gets it when i move later this year, but if it's him, then i might put my buyout towards a PS4+... not sure how much longer this generation is going to last

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

I only ever got slowdown when there was a lot of fire or lightning on screen, all other times it ran fine.

But yeah, :rip: wallet

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I got this trophy over a year ago but today I got this email

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

I never got my theme code. :(

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

I got this trophy over a year ago but today I got this email

check your email more dude

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'm at the end of The Old Hunters now and I have to say it was a bold move to finish it with an unwinnable boss fight.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lol i love Kos

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I just got him below 50% for the first time. Sweet Jesus Christ.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

multijoe posted:

Haha yeah dude. Kos is a monster

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Kos is punishing you for the Original Sin of the hunters and church

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Battling the enraged unborn fetus of a desecrated god on a crazy beach in a nightmare-hosted Hell for those responsible is insanely badass

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

It will for me.

lmao

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

multijoe posted:

The screaming

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Watching lobos beat him with fists on +7 was mind blowing

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Kos' Orphan is trapped in the Old Hunter's Nightmare too.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
kos is a person who got epically infested with gross ocean parasites. she has human features .. just like all of the other kin in the game. they all used to be people. the orphan of kos might be notable for not having ever been born 100% human , hence the placenta + the lonely feeling of the boss arena. u could say that the people worshipping outside of the arena are worshipping the orphan and not the dead slug whale. thats just my take on it anyway, i dont really know what the established lore is cos i like to make my own conclusions

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I like the theory that the plagued Old Yharnam-ites are standing around in a church worshipping a strung up Blood-starved beast because it resembles the Moon Presence.

I also like that early on you see some really wierd and hosed up statues and architecture and wonder what that's about and then you find out about the Old Ones and stuff and it all makes way more sense, also, in the Upper Cathedral, there are statues that don't really correspond to any of the monsters or old ones depicted in the game, that's cool.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the upper cathedral might be the best secret area in a game ever

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Bloodborne is one of the greatest games ever conceived by Man, and I look forward to playing its inevitable sequel.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Cannonballoon posted:

Bloodborne is one of the greatest games ever conceived by Man, and I look forward to playing its inevitable sequel.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

extremebuff posted:

It's so good. I just got up to there on my current playthrough and this game, man. I love that the most horrific, insane elder god is in a room that's entrance is visible from a very early game area. There's so many cool bits in Bloodborne where the veil between gothic horror about werewolves and insane cosmic horror is just a tiny door.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Dan Didio posted:

I like the theory that the plagued Old Yharnam-ites are standing around in a church worshipping a strung up Blood-starved beast because it resembles the Moon Presence.

I also like that early on you see some really wierd and hosed up statues and architecture and wonder what that's about and then you find out about the Old Ones and stuff and it all makes way more sense, also, in the Upper Cathedral, there are statues that don't really correspond to any of the monsters or old ones depicted in the game, that's cool.

yeah it's amazing. playing at launch not knowing about any of that stuff..... running into Celestials the first time (I think in the forest?) was mind blowing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah the celestials in the woods were such an out of left field encounter, especially since they're kinda tucked away

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i never spent ny of my insight aand burned all my knowledge as soon as i got it on my first run so my first interaction was seeing the amygdala in cathedral ward nd flipping the gently caress out

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

In Training posted:

Yeah the celestials in the woods were such an out of left field encounter, especially since they're kinda tucked away

It's so hosed up, because the snakes and stuff kind of feel like they don't belong in the game's vibe and then they walk around a corner and see one of those wierd little aliens toddling around and things swerve so hard.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Feb 10, 2017

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Dan Didio posted:

It's so hosed up, because the snakes and stuff kind of feel like they don't belong in the game's vibe and then they walk around a corner and see one of those wierd little aliens toddling around things swerve so hard.

The game is so good

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Oh Long Johnson posted:

The game is so good

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Most games don't have a single boss as good as Father Gascoine.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

kos is a person who got epically infested with gross ocean parasites. she has human features .. just like all of the other kin in the game. they all used to be people. the orphan of kos might be notable for not having ever been born 100% human , hence the placenta + the lonely feeling of the boss arena. u could say that the people worshipping outside of the arena are worshipping the orphan and not the dead slug whale. thats just my take on it anyway, i dont really know what the established lore is cos i like to make my own conclusions

I was thinking about this, but if people started turning into weird alien gods because they communed with other weird aliens gods, consumed with bodily fluids etc then there'd have to have been one they communed with before everyone else started getting into it. Also Eribeitas is called Daughter of the Cosmos, I assumed that's became she came from space : P

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
Maybe shes half alien and half human?

But i agree with INRI all the gods we see seem to be part human or former humans, i think a "pure" great one is probably like Oedon who exists as pure sound or something. The civilizations before Yharnam all communed with them so you never know who the original was. maybe Mergo? One of the Choir items lore page says something about them working with Ebrietas to contact even more insane cosmic beings.

It also talks about the cosmos being "just above our heads." They never explain that and it's so cool and creepy ahhh!

Oh Long Johnson posted:

The game is so good

extremebuff posted:

Yeah

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Also it gets overlooked sometimes but this series has the best boss names

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Dan Didio posted:

Most games don't have a single boss as good as Father Gascoine.

Beasts all over the shop....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh Long Johnson posted:

Also it gets overlooked sometimes but this series has the best boss names

I think about the guy who called him Father Fartdollar from time to time and lol