Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

runupon cracker posted:

sir, this is a lolling at Trump drive-thru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Tell me how Defense procurements work in two sentences.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/10/british-officials-drop-plans-donald-trump-address-parliament-queen-elizabeth?CMP=twt_gu

lolol, Guardian dropping a couple lil truth nuggets here

The Guardian posted:

Trump might be encouraged to spend a significant part of his visit in Scotland, perhaps visiting the Queen at Balmoral rather than in England, and enabling him to visit the Isle of Lewis, where his mother, Mary MacLeod, was born in 1912, before she left for the US as an immigrant

also as of now Trump isn't allowed to speak to their parliament, which I think every other president has done.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

lol please

??? It's the simplest and most correct explanation. In a binary star system which star is orbited around?

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Tumble posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/10/british-officials-drop-plans-donald-trump-address-parliament-queen-elizabeth?CMP=twt_gu

lolol, Guardian dropping a couple lil truth nuggets here

also as of now Trump isn't allowed to speak to their parliament, which I think every other president has done.

That's a pro tier own

Also I know I'm not the op but after this post no more discussion about the solar system in this thread

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Tumble posted:

you know its amazing that we got 67 pages of consistent Trump lols before some spergy nerds had to gently caress it all up talking about astronomy

i'll make sure to be thankful of that next thanksgiving

Let them enjoy it while they can.
Within a decade or two Americans will be looking at the moon and sacrificing 100lb babies to it to make the darkness go away.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Tumble posted:

ahahahah

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

emoji posted:

??? It's the simplest and most correct explanation. In a binary star system which star is orbited around?

you're right but I'm trying to stop the derail from continuing and also the question as constructed offers two choices: "Sun goes around Earth" or "Earth goes around Sun" and to complicate it further by bringing up various frames of reference and centers of mass and whatnot is ignoring the Occam's Razor answer of "15%-20% of the population is just loving stupid and don't know the right answer between those two options."

Like okay maybe there's one stoned physics prof who answered chortling and going 'well this question is a bit leading isn't it?' but the majority of people polled are not that.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
please shut up

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

you're right but I'm trying to stop the derail from continuing and also the question as constructed offers two choices: "Sun goes around Earth" or "Earth goes around Sun" and to complicate it further by bringing up various frames of reference and centers of mass and whatnot is ignoring the Occam's Razor answer of "15%-20% of the population is just loving stupid and don't know the right answer between those two options."

Like okay maybe there's one stoned physics prof out there chortling and going 'well this question is a bit leading isn't it?' but the majority of people polled are not that.

moridin i will destroy you you motherfucker

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

If I was asked that question by a pollster I would be pedantic tho and they would either laugh or mark 'unsure'.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Arrhythmia posted:

moridin i will destroy you you motherfucker

ive got my net guns ready MEET ME OUTSIDE HOW BOUT DAT

emoji posted:

If I was asked that question by a pollster I would be pedantic tho and they would either laugh or mark 'unsure'.

Yeah alright, it is plausible that most of that 15-20% were just tired and/or pedantic or whatever but man I kinda doubt it. Don't underestimate the capacity of people to not know basic grade school level scientific concepts.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Who says I'm really sucking that guy's dick? Maybe his dick is massaging my tongue, haha. Could you imagine?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
anyway

quote:

British officials drop plans for Donald Trump to address parliament
UK state visit will take place during recess to avoid snub by MPs – and president’s exposure to public protests will be limited

lol

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Also, that Bowling Green poll question is funny, but the way the poll asked it I'm extremely certain lots of the "yes" respondents were just saying they support the muslim ban. They could've written in anything before "shows why we need Donald Trump’s executive order on immigration" and the respondents would've said yes

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
what i'm saying is we need to unskew these polls

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

lols before polls

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pbTmXsfiYk&t=76s

Samantha Bee's show dropping some realllllll good digs on Trump. Plus it has a curmudgeonly Scottish farmer who hates Trump.

plus!!!!! this video has no discussion about astronomy!

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If you're American your president is Donalt J Trump loool

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Once you get enough healthcare vouchers from your value-size coke packs you can redeem them for some insulin shots at your friendly state Feelgood Bigly Nice Center

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...3624_story.html

this guy, is trumps go to guy. this guy.

Also, lol at why the hardon for IRAN is clearer now.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The sun is a privileged frame of reference because the sun is loving huge. Like unbelievably huge. The whole Earth could crash into it and be vaporized in an instant and the sun would be like "the gently caress was that" and continue burning and being loving huge

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Heath posted:

The sun is a privileged frame of reference because the sun is loving huge. Like unbelievably huge. The whole Earth could crash into it and be vaporized in an instant and the sun would be like "the gently caress was that" and continue burning and being loving huge

Its like the sun is someones mom from this thread, and the earth is my posts, everything else is cum and trump in that aspect of the scenario

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
you fuckers haven't even used a "giant orange burning ball of gas" as metaphor for trump yet, thats some amateur-rear end posting right there.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Dial-a-Dog posted:

what i'm saying is we need to unskew these polls

Here's a question.
When does a poll just need unskewing before it is totally false?
What percentage range does it need to be?

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Hey lets stop discussing polls and science and just lol at the fact that my nation of residence is currently headed by Donald trump, just lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tumble posted:

you fuckers haven't even used a "giant orange burning ball of gas" as metaphor for trump yet, thats some amateur-rear end posting right there.

my god it's yuuge

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

happyhippy posted:

Here's a question.
When does a poll just need unskewing before it is totally false?
What percentage range does it need to be?

Any poll reflecting negatively upon Easy D or his supporters requires unskewing, 1-100%

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Donald Im The Evidence Trump

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

Tumble posted:

You mother fuckers see??? Sometimes derails lead to hidden bonus lols!

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Captain Yossarian posted:

Hey lets stop discussing polls and science and just lol at the fact that my nation of residence is currently headed by Donald trump, just lol

haha thank you

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Hahahaha you actually did it

You elected Trump prez

Lol

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
EASY D

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Do you think Trump is comfortable making GBS threads in the WH toilet knowing Obama's balls have touched the same porcelain?

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008

happyhippy posted:

Do you think Trump is comfortable making GBS threads in the WH toilet knowing Obama's balls have touched the same porcelain?

I think he is very comfortable thinking about Obama pissing in the very toilet he sits upon, enthralled even

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
imagine the amazing ideas that popped into obamas head when he was pooping

that toilet should be in his presidential museum

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
loll if you think trump manages to poo poo in a toilet

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

loling about the orange ring he leaves on the seat

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
im lolling at president trump finding the first one of obama's hairs in the carpet or something and having a complete meltdown like

"i know its one of his its not white people hair just look how curly it is"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

im lolling at president trump finding the first one of obama's hairs in the carpet or something and having a complete meltdown like

"i know its one of his its not white people hair just look how curly it is"

he'll do some scientific tests like eye-dropping water on it to see if it beads right off