Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

I wasn't snooping I just wanted to see who was messaging him and the gist of what the message said. Like lol at the problem and your awful parent but just be honest with yourself. You even found something so it doesn't even look bad.

she clearly reads the sub cause you have to make these kind of disclaimers or Reddit will absolutely gloss right over the hot hot mom-boyfriend gently caress triangle to poo poo all over you for snooping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

I wasn't snooping I just wanted to see who was messaging him and the gist of what the message said. Like lol at the problem and your awful parent but just be honest with yourself. You even found something so it doesn't even look bad.

lol every loving time

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Diet incest: for when you want all the disgustingness without the depressingness

[24F] My BF [25M] of 3 years cheated on me with my mum [52F]

That's really sad.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

my wife and I pick up each other's phones to see who's texting all the time. :shrug:

that way we can be all "Hey, [x] just texted you [y], [z]?"

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
It is, way to mega gently caress over the person you said you loved dipshit.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

ArbitraryC posted:

Way to hone in on the important poo poo.

I open my wife's phone when she gets a text so can tell her who is texting her. I certainly wouldn't consider it snooping, nor would she.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Mirthless posted:

my wife and I pick up each other's phones to see who's texting all the time. :shrug:

:same:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

like tbf if I came into a room and my gf was browsing through my phone digging for dirt that'd probably be the sign the relationship was over but I also am not loving her mom, or anyone besides her

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

she clearly reads the sub cause you have to make these kind of disclaimers or Reddit will absolutely gloss right over the hot hot illicit mom-boyfriend triangle to poo poo all over you for snooping
I just think it's funny, 'oh yeah I just picked up his phone while he was out of the room to see who was messaging him and why but i wasn't doing anything uncouth this is just normal behavior right?" It ended up paying off this time no point in being ashamed about it.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
A girl can dump your cheating rear end and forget about you, could dump a friend since most don't stick around for ages anyway, but fuuuuck you for burning her relationship with family to the ground

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

I just think it's funny, 'oh yeah I just picked up his phone while he was out of the room to see who was messaging him and why but i wasn't doing anything uncouth this is just normal behavior right?" It ended up paying off this time no point in being ashamed about it.

it is tho

plenty of couples share each other's phone passwords to answer phones and receive texts

she clearly had his pin code for a reason, lol

Psycho Society posted:

A girl can dump your cheating rear end and forget about you, could dump a friend since most don't stick around for ages anyway, but fuuuuck you for burning her relationship with family to the ground

don't put all the blame on him, her mom knew what she was loving doing

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
No poo poo?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

unfortunately the update for that one deals exclusively with the logistics of avoiding the boyfriend, and barely makes any mention of the loving mom

this week in: help reddit I married a dog
I [f 22] went on vacation, my husband [m 26] destroyed the house, am I overreacting?

quote:

I went on vacation for three weeks. When I came back, the house was a disaster. It's so bad that I worry that my neighbors are gonna call the landlord if they look into the window.
There are at least 10 garbage bags all over the kitchen and the living room that my husband never took out. There are a crapload of paper bags from fastfood places everywhere. Dirty clothes all over the living room floor. The toilets are disgusting.
The kitchen takes the cake. All of our dishes are piled up in the sink and all over the kitchen counter. I started washing them today, and there was mold inside my best pans and I had to scrub every fork, bowl or plate to get the dirt off.
Now my husband came home unexpectedly and he brought a co-worker who needed to use our house to change (they're in the military and they are going to physical training now). I am horrified that my husband lets someone see our house in this state. I cleaned most of the dishes, but haven't gotten to the living room yet. I am now in the bedroom, crying. I'm so humiliated that someone is going to see this garbage pile and tell everyone/think we're crazy. They will probably blame me cause I'm a housewife.

My husband feels bad that he upset me and I feel very bitchy and terrible.

Am I overreacting? Either way, I'm so embarrassed and I don't ever wanna go near my husband's work again cause everyone gossips there.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Are all of you forgetting that she was only "digging for dirt" because she saw a lock screen notification of her mom talking to her boyfriend about his boner?

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
That's for sure a case when they met when he was living with his parents.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I dunno sometimes when I text my bud something it's private and i don't necessarily want their so to be up in my business. I've read texts/texted back on my gf's phone plenty of times but it's only after she's asked me to and that just seems like pretty normal boundaries to me.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
There's a difference between what most of you are describing, which is "hey your phone buzzed, X texted you!" and "lemme just check out who he's chatting with while he is in the other room..."

The difference namely is if you plan on telling your partner that you were on their phone or not. In the first case, you tell them obv. In the second, if you find nothing you just place the phone back and go about your day not saying anything. Might be okay if you've been together for years but if it was why don't you tell them what you're doing?

Mak0rz posted:

Are all of you forgetting that she was only "digging for dirt" because she saw a lock screen notification of her mom talking to her boyfriend about his boner?

But yeah lol.

she clearly reads the sub cause you have to make these kind of disclaimers or Reddit will absolutely gloss right over the hot hot mom-boyfriend gently caress triangle to poo poo all over you for snooping

also that

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Maybe call them if you're worried about privacy. You don't get to dictate their phone etiquette.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Look all I know is I've had gf's wait until I was separated from my phone, snoop through it, then challenge me if they happened to find something "suspicious" - and odds are if she is paranoid enough to be checking my phone out unbeknownst to me she's gonna be prone to misinterpreting stuff like my sister telling me she loves me with a 'WHO THE gently caress IS THIS BITCH?'

poo poo sucks and is super lame and childish. That said if I saw the text alert and it was suspicious on its own that's like some probable cause. Not every situation is the same.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Moridin920 posted:

There's a difference between what most of you are describing, which is "hey your phone buzzed, X texted you!" and "lemme just check out who he's chatting with while he is in the other room..."
I dunno to me this is like the post a couple days back where the guy was always asking his gf who was texting her/who she was talking to, it just seems kind of invasive and nosy to me. It's my phone I'll check it when I get back in the room I don't need an announcement.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

I dunno to me this is like the post a couple days back where the guy was always asking his gf who was texting her/who she was talking to, it just seems kind of invasive and nosy to me. It's my phone I'll check it when I get back in the room I don't need an announcement.

I'd consider it kind of invasive/nosy but that kind of thing really just depends. If Mirthless + his wife have been together for years and that's their norm then that's fine for them.

Also depends on if she asked after every single buzz or if it was like "hey you've been texting furiously all night, who ya talking to?"

e: Usually if my GF's phone buzzes I leave it alone unless she asks me to grab it or check it for her.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

ArbitraryC posted:

I dunno sometimes when I text my bud something it's private and i don't necessarily want their so to be up in my business. I've read texts/texted back on my gf's phone plenty of times but it's only after she's asked me to and that just seems like pretty normal boundaries to me.

You can also set your messages (at least on an iPhone) so the message itself doesn't display on the lock screen if you don't want just anyone to read your messages.

But yeah, can we not act like she was snooping at all? She looked at his phone to see what the notification was (again, this is fine/normal for many couples) saw it was her mom and then saw it was her mom sexting her boyfriend. Her snooping afterwards is entirely warranted and fair.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Anyone who snoops through my phone is going to be treated to conversations w/ literally dozens of people about my cat's feelings, and reciprocal communications about the emotional welfare of their respective cats

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

nvm I quoted the wrong post or something

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

ArbitraryC posted:

I don't think anyone here is asking what you do with your phone

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Sometimes sidebar conversations happen and that's fine.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
There's not really much to say about "my boyfriend is cheating on me with my mom".

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

Look all I know is I've had gf's wait until I was separated from my phone, snoop through it, then challenge me if they happened to find something "suspicious" - and odds are if she is paranoid enough to be checking my phone out unbeknownst to me she's gonna be prone to misinterpreting stuff like my sister telling me she loves me with a 'WHO THE gently caress IS THIS BITCH?'

poo poo sucks and is super lame and childish. That said if I saw the text alert and it was suspicious on its own that's like some probable cause. Not every situation is the same.

basically. it indicates a baseline level of trust where it doesn't really matter if one of you's cheating anymore, all it can do is decide which party is vindicated in ending it

Pick posted:

Anyone who snoops through my phone is going to be treated to conversations w/ literally dozens of people about my cat's feelings, and reciprocal communications about the emotional welfare of their respective cats

well poo poo now I'm tempted

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

E: F, B

I'll just quote this cause I hate people complaining about derails.

Moridin920 posted:

Sometimes sidebar conversations happen and that's fine.

It's the point of the thread to discuss the topics that these stories are about. Deal with it.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 10, 2017

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I get mad at a gf once for sending snap selfies when she was taking a dump. I'm that jealous

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

well poo poo now I'm tempted

"hey Pick, im at the petstore... which color cat hat should i buy for Mr Whiskies? the blue or the green? i want to get one or two incredibly cute photos before he tears it off and runs under the couch and i have to cajole him out with strips of costco rotisserie chicken which i intended to eat myself, but let's be real, he's gonna get like cumulatively 60% of this chicken"

"green and text me when you take a photo!!! here's a photo of my cat laying around and not really doing anything!! *:cabot:*"

"awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!"

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

i'm not tempted anymore

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Pick posted:

Is this a mailing list anyone can get on, or what

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Also ima venture a guess but if his gf's mom is regularly sexting him then i'm guessing their relationship is not one where "picking up your SO's phone to read and/or reply to their message notifications" is an established and accepted boundary.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

Also ima venture a guess but if his gf's mom is regularly sexting him then i'm guessing their relationship is not one where "picking up your SO's phone to read and/or reply to their message notifications" is an established and accepted boundary.

once you start loving your girlfriend's mom you don't exactly get to take the high road re: "crossing boundaries"

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Pick posted:

once you start loving your girlfriend's mom you don't exactly get to take the high road re: "crossing boundaries"

Yeah and that's why I said from the very beginning "You even found something so it doesn't even look bad." That's kinda how this stuff works, if you're right you're right and if you're wrong you're wrong.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Ugh can someone post a new one instead of this conversation, I can't I only go on reddit to look at pictures of cute girls

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Pick posted:

btw this game is called "sweet pool" and you should read this review

gently caress you!!!

Gaunab posted:

Op. Sounds. Adorable. :3:

Seriously. 5'2" 85 pounds (miniscule, probably the size of the average sixth grader), wears a little beanie with cat ears, and is completely and totally naive to the workings of the world.

One thing she is right about though, the girls at work do hate her for exactly the reason she suspects.

ArbitraryC posted:

Yeah and that's why I said from the very beginning "You even found something so it doesn't even look bad." That's kinda how this stuff works, if you're right you're right and if you're wrong you're wrong.

There's some truth to this, and if I had sunk to the point of needing to snoop on my girlfriend's phone I would essentially consider the relationship over at that point, the only purpose being to gather ammunition for the final showdown.

Play fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Feb 10, 2017

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

boner confessor posted:

yeah declawing isn't just trimming the nails, it's completely removing the nails. look at your fingers and think about what you would have to do to permanently remove your fingernals and never trim them again

terrible comparison. They don't remove the nails. They remove the bone all the way to the first joint which causes nerve damage and increases chances of other complications. here have a visual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Psycho Society posted:

Ugh can someone post a new one instead of this conversation, I can't I only go on reddit to look at pictures of cute girls

My [27m] girlfriend [26f] is an Extreme Couponer and it's driving me up the wall. Help!

quote:

I don't even know how to begin describing my problem so I'll give a little backstory. My girlfriend Jodie and I met in college, and we got serious so we moved in together after graduation. I really love her, she's smart and funny and beautiful and practical. She had a tough time growing up because her family was living below the poverty line, so she's extremely frugal and careful with her money. This is a blessing for me because my ex-girlfriend (the one before her) spent money like it was going to rot. Jodie takes care of our finances and keeps me up to date on what's going on and how we're doing.

I feel stupid for even 'complaining' about this because my buddies say Jodie is a great girl with a sensible head on her shoulders, while they're having horrible fights or relationship problems with their own girlfriends that involve cheating, finances, and what have you. I don't have that problem with Jodie. In fact, she is so far the opposite way because she excessively clips coupons.

I think her mom used to do it when she was a kid, and now Jodie has turned it into an art form. She spends a few hours a day sorting out her coupons, or looking online for them. She makes her co-workers mad by hogging the printer sometimes. Every weekend, she will make me go with her and we'll get a truckload of toothpaste or toilet paper or whatever is on sale. Our apartment looks like a Costco supply warehouse because she just stocks up like crazy. It's gotten so bad that some cashiers will quickly close their till when they see Jodie heading for the checkout with a gleam in her eye. God knows I love Jodie, but she's on a mission when she goes shopping with coupons and I'm little more than her sidekick Trolley Boy.

I admit it does save both of us a lot of money, and the few times I brought it up, Jodie says she's doing this for our future. The money saved on groceries goes into a down payment for our future house, she says. Never mind that the bathroom is stuffed floor to ceiling with tampons, or that I go to sleep surrounded by boxes of Lucky Charms. I've tried to put up with it as long as I could, but it was my birthday a few days ago, and I had mentioned I needed to top up my shaving cream, and Jodie went and got me 42 cans (it was free with coupons). She was puzzled when I was less than thrilled and said that she had been 'saving' them for this occasion. I tried telling her that I would have much preferred doing something together, or even just having her make dinner for both of us, but she got upset I didn't appreciate her 'gift' and we didn't talk for a while.

I don't know what to do and when I see the show Extreme Couponers on TLC and see the long-suffering husbands on there with the thousand-yard stare, I'm always afraid that would be me one day and eventually I will be found dead in our apartment crushed under a mountain of cat food. My family and buddies are saying I'm making too big a deal out of nothing and that I should be grateful Jodie is good with money, but hot drat I just want to go to the store sometimes and not have the cashiers fleeing every time I head towards the counter. How do I approach the topic with Jodie?l