Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Adios, Orphan of Kos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

multijoe posted:

Adios, Orphan of Kos

Godlike feel. Congrats.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

multijoe posted:

Adios, Orphan of Kos

congratulations

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

multijoe posted:

Adios, Orphan of Kos

now, do it in NG+++++++

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I think about the guy who called him Father Fartdollar from time to time and lol

Lmao

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Bloodborne has been an absolutely incredible experience from start to finish, and The Old Hunters is possibly the single best piece of DLC I've played. I don't know how From managed to make three of five bosses Artorias-tier duels to to end all duels whilst all feeling completely different from each other but bless them they found a way

kidsam
Aug 12, 2007

YES
I'm housesitting this weekend and they have a big 4k tv so today is the day I will Platinum Bloodborne,

I just need to take down the Queen and get the sunrise ending because can never deny fighting at least Gehrman, it's too good of a boss battle to turn down

Oh Long Johnson posted:

The game is so good

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I just got Maria down to a sliver of health without using a single blood vial or bullet and only getting hit twice and then I looked away for a split-second and she murdered me.

I've got to get the Awaken ending and the one where you become the new Gehrman, and I think I'm going to upload my saves before I do it so I can fight all the bosses still.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I still wonder when he said they were done with dark souls if he meant that particular series or the entire formula

folder
Oct 9, 2016
just delved into the dlc tonight and will take some time to reflect on ludwig.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Started a new game

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Oh Long Johnson posted:

Started a new game

Nice.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Oh Long Johnson posted:

Started a new game

Abandoned it and instead started my ng+ on my blades of mercy and rayuko file. I'm gonna plat this game

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i've tried ng+ a few times and never finished it. i like discovering all of the stuff and building my character too much, i guess.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
It's fun to speedrun to valuable weapons and clothing and fight the first couple bosses and all of a sudden have access to hundreds of thousands of souls

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like NG as well because I like not leveling HP or Stam until I have 50 points ina weapon stat

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Oh Long Johnson posted:

It's fun to speedrun to valuable weapons and clothing and fight the first couple bosses and all of a sudden have access to hundreds of thousands of souls

Echoes. Echoes.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Evil Eagle posted:

Echoes. Echoes.

r. kelly plays bloodborne

Dec 26, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i've tried ng+ a few times and never finished it. i like discovering all of the stuff and building my character too much, i guess.

same

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
blechoes

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
are you guys talking about amrita?

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Echoes. Echoes.

It'll always be souls to me no matter what

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Bloodborne's plat is suprisingly easy to get. So long as you do a fairly completionist run through the game, the only real thing standing in your way should be Queen Yharnam and the multiple endings, which is what I had to finally get around to doing when I got it a few days ago. You can do save fuckery to get all the endings on one playthrough and the hardest part of getting Queen Yharnam is the Defiled chalice, which is doable.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It also takes only a few hours to get from a new character to the bad end

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

In Training posted:

It also takes only a few hours to get from a new character to the bad end

Yeah, it's real easy to get that one if that's what you're missing, but if you get three Third Cords, you can get all three endings within fifteen minutes of each other and you get to fight Gehrmann twice.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I couldn't beat kos. I'll probably revisit the game someday and farm up the pizza cutter and try again but it's rough..Haven't had this much of a challenge in any of the dark souls games

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

kos is the hardest souls boss. hes just loving crazy

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

IdealFlaws posted:

I couldn't beat kos. I'll probably revisit the game someday and farm up the pizza cutter and try again but it's rough..Haven't had this much of a challenge in any of the dark souls games

I believe in you

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think my original kill involved like 30 attempts or something insane. there's a lot going on in the fight, and he has an amazing moveset, so you have to memorize and react to dozens of small tells.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's very few greater feelings than having played kos so many times that you can beat phase 1 without getting hit. Phase 2 is an eternal MFer for me though

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

In Training posted:

There's very few greater feelings than having played kos so many times that you can beat phase 1 without getting hit. Phase 2 is an eternal MFer for me though

Phase 1 feels like slow motion now because of this

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I wish they'd made more dlc but I guess it's also good to quit while you're ahead.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Still haven't beaten Maria @ Level 4. Not that I've tried in months....

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

maria is hard because it's a bit of a gauntlet and the second phase is wildly inconsistent, kos is pure hardcore execution

e: aaahh for some reason i thought you meant the ash lady in the dark souls 3 dlc. maria in BB is also an incredible fight, a remake of false king from DeS

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I think I got Kos phase two like third time or so, nearly all my deaths were to phase one, I think he uses comparatively fewer combos in his second form so there's not as much stuff to get caught out by, he just sounds really scary whilst doing them. Laurence was actually the boss I ended up walking away from too, the moveset on his final form just seemed cheesy in a way none of the other bosses were, no fun fighting him at all.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ive only ever beat laurence on one character, I dont enjoy fighting him in the slightest

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i obliterated laurence my first try and thought it was a cool fight but didn't get all the fuss, and i could never beat him again lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

i obliterated laurence my first try and thought it was a cool fight but didn't get all the fuss, and i could never beat him again lmao

Literally same. I shredded him in one go with the buzz saw and every other character I fight him once or twice and go ah whatever

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i cheesed laurence with the bowblade, and i'm not ashamed to say it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I did feel kinda bad blowing away Gehrman first time after becoming an high-tier hunter in the DLC, really looking forward to that NG+ rematch