Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Zoran posted:

Let the legendaries have babies, Game Freak.

Does Cosmog count?

I find it weirdly fitting that the Tapu, Ultra Beast, Silvally, the Cosmog family and Necrozma all fit most of the standard definitions of "Legendary Pokémon" but at the same time, none of them fits them all. Sun and Moon's main theme appears to be bucking established trends after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
The fact Silvally can't breed and they give it to you at level 40 is the worst .

I wanna travel with my hosed up chimera-god not get it at level 40. :sigh:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Zore posted:

The fact Silvally can't breed and they give it to you at level 40 is the worst .

You get it post game where you've already explored everything. Except maybe the rest of Poni island but because of scaling XP it's not that hard to catch up to where it can at least live through a fight there.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

Zore posted:

I've been getting a lot of mileage out of mine in the battle tree at least. Silk Scarf Double Edge + Explosion is pretty metal.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

They gave you a magical snake dog to travel with!

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

AlphaKretin posted:

Advice: don't do gimmick runs blind.

(Ilima's Smeargle is still a hero.)

But really one of the biggest changes between W and W2 was the variety of new Pokemon so you're kind of crippling yourself there.

NoPokeMart works well for blind gimmick runs, and S&M give you enough Pokeballs to catch what you want while still making it a real decision to make.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
C'mon TPCI know your own game

source: https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/29d5abd6-bddc-4b65-a99f-f332bba6b1fb

Battle of Alola Retrospective posted:

Moongeist Beam has the added effect of ignoring the effect of the target’s Ability, most notably opposing Lunala’s Shadow Shield and Mimikyu’s Disguise. Perhaps the move that most separated top Trainers from the rest of the field was Roost. Only 28.7% of the Lunala used in the competition overall were taught Roost, but five of the six Lunala in the top 10 were taught this key healing move.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I managed to get through the doubles battle tree today. Was pretty fun using Pokemon
that I bred from previous games. Sure do regret moving Pokemon up to gen six though since I lose access to all the move tutors. Won with Porygon-Z (expert belt), Clefable (left overs), Muk (balloon), Rhyperior (assault vest). Started with Muk and Rhyperior which gave me tons of coverage (Muk had Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Gunk Shot, Shadow Sneak. Rhyperior had Mega Horn, Ice Punch, Earthquake, Stone Edge). Then Clefable and Porygon-Z cover physical walls with Porygon-Z's Thunderbolt, Dark Pulse, Tri Attack, Ice Beam and Clefable's Moon Blast, Phychic, Flamethrower, Shadow Ball. Left over Clefable saved my rear end tons of times.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-531635342 I'm the best player to ever pick up the sticks (the pp stall ends at turn 34).

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Oh drat, didn't realize that Moongeist Beam doesn't ignore Shadow Shield. Nerf plz.

e: Despite little bits of misinformation like that, I like how they do retrospectives on the official ladders and competitions.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

zonohedron posted:

Update on the Traded Starter Crisis:

He apparently put his Quilladin and three Butterfrees in the Battle Box, before going on a Wonder Trade spree and trading away everything else he had ever caught. I discovered this while beginning the process of trading over the thirty Chespins I had hatched for him.

Ask your wife who someone-or-other is, because I want one :j:

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/pokemon-snorlax-bean-bag-chair/133112

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

anyone have a back of the truck ditto and/or a destiny knot up for grabs? I don't have anything fun to trade bc I am a scrub

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
lmao smogon is considering banning Dugtrio from OU.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

dude789 posted:

what's their reasoning? he seems super good this gen

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Countblanc posted:

what's their reasoning? he seems super good this gen

The main issue seems to be that there's some stall teams that use him that are pretty good that nobody likes playing against. It looks to be a bit of a rehash of the Mega-Sableye/Gothitelle stall team argument from last gen.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
To be fair, Dugtrio ended up getting a completely unnecessary buff. It did not need that extra 20 attack.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Is that regular or alolan? Arena trap seems like the kind of thing smogon would hate. :D

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

it's because you're only allowed to have six pokemon but with dugtrio you get three dudes plus five other dudes

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I am Reverend posted:

it's because you're only allowed to have six pokemon but with dugtrio you get three dudes plus five other dudes

That's 8 total for you doubles players.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

I am Reverend posted:

i finally understand eviolite magneton

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Avalerion posted:

Is that regular or alolan?

Regular. Alolan Dugtrio is RU.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Dienes posted:

Let me know when you have spares, I'd love to turn my Pelago into a rare berry plantation and pay it forward.

I've harvested a few berries now so I have Lansat and Starf berries to give away to you and anyone else who wants them

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

I am Reverend posted:

frankly i'm surprised that smogon let this blatant cheating go this far

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

dude789 posted:

Wasn't this a thing last year before sun and moon?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

BRB Making a team of Dugtrio, Magneton, Exeggcute... Wishiwashi... um... Slowbro... poo poo

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Purrloin redeemed :3:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Ignite Memories posted:

BRB Making a team of Dugtrio, Magneton, Exeggcute... Wishiwashi... um... Slowbro... poo poo

smh @ forgetting dodrio, weezing, metagross

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
smh @ forgetting Hydreigon, Wobbuffet, Girafarig, Barbaracle, Cherubi, Combee

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

You all forgot Spiritomb.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i didn't forget anyone, just got bored writing after 3 pokemon

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

What a loving joke.

I wonder what will be banned after Dugtrio. Smogon's gotten ridiculous the last few years.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

mabels big day posted:

Wasn't this a thing last year before sun and moon?

Yep. Though the ban never went through. The +20 attack buff brought that issue up again.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Duggy stall has enabled some degenerate bullshit such as Shedinja stall and generally adds another nightmarish mindgame when playing vs a competent stall player since they can often predict, double switch (or volt-turn/baton pass) and eat your Metagross-Mega alive

Plus the whole being able to easily revenge kill a lot of things without any issue

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

people on the suspect ladder are just using diglett and trapinch anyway http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7oususpecttest-531415248

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Beasteh posted:

stall has enabled some degenerate bullshit

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Beasteh posted:

Duggy stall has enabled some degenerate bullshit such as Shedinja stall and generally adds another nightmarish mindgame when playing vs a competent stall player since they can often predict, double switch (or volt-turn/baton pass) and eat your Metagross-Mega alive

Plus the whole being able to easily revenge kill a lot of things without any issue

Perhaps singles is the problem

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

The real problem is playing OU

e: or UU now cause it's just last gen's OU

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 12, 2017

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

Yeah man, it's deffo just singles and not the fact that pokemon is kind of a busted game to begin with.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah man, it's deffo just singles and not the fact that pokemon is kind of a busted game to begin with.

I`m glad we agree and can play the official competitive format that the game is balanced around, doubles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I've been messing around with building a bot to play singles on Showdown. Would people be interested in me posting status updates on that?

Right now it, uh, picks moves randomly and never switches. But that just means there's a lot of progress I can make!