Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Yeah I didn't realize James Callis wasn't just another one of Alexander Siddig's stage names until half a season in.

edit: Hey, look, Alexander Siddig and James Callis. Er, James Callis and Alexander Siddig.

Kazinsal fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Feb 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
NO!

we are not going to talk about the fragile body double of Gaius FRAKKING Baltar

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I've got a sinus headache and can't sleep, so I was watching a replay of NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 11 on AXS TV (as one does), and I saw a commercial for a show called Gotham Comedy.

It's got William Shatner doing standup comedy.

So that's a thing that exists.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Spoeank posted:

NO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r28iDTNzCE&t=4s

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
$160,389 USD raised by 2099 backers
108% of $148,978 flexible goal

We did it, nerds!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Spoeank posted:

NO!

Ahh, that Tigh voice just floods right back :allears:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

MorgaineDax posted:

$160,389 USD raised by 2099 backers
108% of $148,978 flexible goal

We did it, nerds!

They should take all the extra money and throw it at Avery Brooks until he agrees to do an interview.

Edit: Like, even if he doesn't want the money, just annoy him by pelting him with rolled up dollar bills and only stopping after the interview.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Feb 10, 2017

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Kibayasu posted:

They should take all the extra money and throw it at Avery Brooks until he agrees to do an interview.

Or play some jazz piano for the DVD extras.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Baronjutter posted:

This shirt rules

nice lol

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Hahaha oh god man that shirt unironically owns

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I considered throwing in for that shirt because it does loving own but it would probably be too easily mistaken for an actual Che Guevara shirt and I'd rather not have to explain the difference because I'm an awkward nerd.

Maybe I should frame it.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I have one a friend gave me, of Shigeru Miyamoto, and on his cap is an 8-bit starman from Super Mario. Mostly I wear it when I'm sleeping.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Quick and pointless question: can you think of anything in Star Trek canon that's extremely and persistently loud, like about jet engine level? Some piece of machinery or an anomaly or whatever?

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

This shirt rules

There were a bunch of Rebel Leia posters at the Women's March and I immediately wanted something like this.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

showbiz_liz posted:

Quick and pointless question: can you think of anything in Star Trek canon that's extremely and persistently loud, like about jet engine level? Some piece of machinery or an anomaly or whatever?

Overloading phaser
The Sisko when he's emoting

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

showbiz_liz posted:

Neelix's wardrobe.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

showbiz_liz posted:

Shatner's ego.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Phy posted:

The Sisko when he's emoting

Tunicate posted:

Neelix's wardrobe.

I do kind of want a real answer to this question but on the other hand, lol

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Other than the aforementioned overloading phaser I'm drawing a blank.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

showbiz_liz posted:

I do kind of want a real answer to this question but on the other hand, lol

Ferengi screaming. A joke and also not!

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

showbiz_liz posted:

The sound Data makes when he's dreaming about cellular peptide cake with mint frosting?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr7ZLYPtiRs&t=124s

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Indiegogo is where the scammers that Kickstarter rejects go, but I will break my "never, ever, back an Indiegogo" rule for this. :toot:

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Adam Nimoy crowdfunded his Spock documentary, so I am totally fine with trusting him on this one too.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm fine with Ira taking my $15 and running straight to the beard dye store.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

showbiz_liz posted:

The energy probe that zapped up Ilia in TMP, Klingon pop music from the Doctor's nightmare family, WUBWUBWUBWUB?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

showbiz_liz posted:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

showbiz_liz posted:

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

showbiz_liz posted:

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

showbiz_liz posted:

Bizet?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Tunicate posted:

Neelix's wardrobe.

loving :laffo:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Berlioz.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Moddington posted:

I like how they have absolutely everyone on board except Brooks.
I think it's pretty hilarious they got Molly O'Brien. Why not, I guess? She's got nothing on IMDB between DS9 and 2017, and all her major new entries are ex-Trek actor projects, so I guess she's getting back in the game. Or maybe she just got back from being trapped on that jungle planet, I think the timing's about right. Good for her.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Jeez, "Let He Who Is Without Sin" is full of people who hate fun. Worf commits an act of terrorism for people he just met, and the group in question are all glass half empty naysayers.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

The_Doctor posted:

Jeez, "Let He Who Is Without Sin" is full of people who hate fun. Worf commits an act of terrorism for people he just met, and the group in question are all glass half empty naysayers.
Worf was finally able to self-radicalize due to finding people who shared his position that fun is without honor.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

What that episode really needed was the payoff of Worf in the gold speedos.

and then he gets booted out of starfleet and goes to prison

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

These people on vacation were not fully prepared to be attacked by enemy soldiers with no prior warning. This is evidence of the downfall of society.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Jadzia doesn't let Worf swim with a shirt on because that's dorky, but Worf is too self-conscious about his weird Klingon back to go shirtless in public. His only way out is terrorism on a global scale.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm glad worf wasn't severely punished because it shows the federation is beyond retribution based justice. (Unless it's making your retarded son not retarded, that needs serious prison time even if they are very sorry and it all turned out ok)
Also it's mostly because Risa decided not to press charges. Worf becoming a terrorist was probably viewed as them allowing him to have fun and get it out of his system.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

You'd think he still would've been, like, demoted to jnr ensign third class or something. I mean not even punishment, just 'this guy is clearly not fit to hold rank, he sided with loving domestic terrorists even if they were really lame ones'

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Feb 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

MikeJF posted:

You'd think he still would've been, like, demoted to jnr ensign third class or something. I mean not even punishment, just 'this guy is clearly not fit to hold rank, he sided with loving domestic terrorists even if they were really lame ones'
Worf was probably protected entirely and solely by the depth of his connections with Klingon society. Even if the Klingons were fairly reliable allies at the time, Starfleet probably knew that if they sacked him, he would've been contacted by Klingon intelligence before he made it to the holosuites to program in Suicide Ritual Alpha-Six.