Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

jerichojx posted:

I must have watched like 10 of those beginner youtube videos and I'm still a bit lost.

Like they didn't mention, if I should be even picking up blues. Should I be picking them up? Should I be squirreling away rings and amulets at 60+?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_by-r2rX5WY this is slightly old but should still be mostly correct and is aimed at complete beginners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

You should usually only pick up blues in the very early game, and only if:

- It might be an upgrade (you have nothing, a white item or a crappy blue item in that slot)
- Your boots have no movement speed increase on them. If this is true, identify every pair of blue boots you find until you get a 10-15% movement speed pair. Movement speed is the most important stat on your boots while you're levelling.
- It's a jewel. Always grab these.
- It's a flask. If it's something you can equip either now or in a few levels, pick it up. On life and mana flasks, the "of Staunching" suffix is very good for later in the game. It removes bleed, which can otherwise kill you very quickly if left untreated.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Depending on what "very early" means, I'd add fully linked items to the list. Being able to have your main skill on a 3L or 4L early on is a huge boon.

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011
What exactly happens when your time runs out during the first part of the breachlord's domain? I barely got through uul-netol's place and I don't feel like I can make it through chayula's without time running out if it's much harder than uul-netol's.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The breach just ends, the ring contracts back to the point of origin when you first entered. Like what happens at the end of a normal breach.

RIP my Uul Netol, CwC-Wither doesn't play nice with lots of library doodads everywhere.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Esoteric Scientist posted:

What exactly happens when your time runs out during the first part of the breachlord's domain? I barely got through uul-netol's place and I don't feel like I can make it through chayula's without time running out if it's much harder than uul-netol's.
Chayula run might fail for you then, the timer there is considerably tighter than on Uul-Netol.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Got to level 11 before getting bored. Where's my box

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Bah, only going to get to run the one Headhunter race this time. :mad:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Jusupov posted:

Got to level 11 before getting bored. Where's my box

Prizes are given out after all the races end.

theshim posted:

Bah, only going to get to run the one Headhunter race this time. :mad:

Give us a HH weekend GGG :argh:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I got to the second to last floor in the DC champions race, but only had a few minutes left and started rushing because I didn't know I was on the second to last floor. Coulda gotten the kill if I had stayed slow and steady :negative:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Killing newbies on the Tidal Island. :69snypa:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

got my howa guy to 71, flipped the ci switch and bought a vinktars (both firsts for me. vinktars is lol). having a lot of fun even though my es is only like 6k. decided to sell my shavs. never had so much money before, i dont even know what to buy first.

ci seems really fun. a boss did an area effect under me that i guess was chaos damage because it did absolutely nothing and i just laughed

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
What's a good racing build, especially for these limited races with no town access? I guess my biggest question is: how do you read the gem chart on http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Endless_Ledge ? Is it that only gems which classes get as a quest reward are given in the provision chest?

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Feb 10, 2017

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb
Endless ledge only has one provisions chest, right at the start. The contents are the same for every class.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Awesome! posted:

got my howa guy to 71, flipped the ci switch and bought a vinktars (both firsts for me. vinktars is lol). having a lot of fun even though my es is only like 6k. decided to sell my shavs. never had so much money before, i dont even know what to buy first.

ci seems really fun. a boss did an area effect under me that i guess was chaos damage because it did absolutely nothing and i just laughed

I'd probably say buy a good 6link. Solid 6link Howa chests are fuckin expensive.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah i almost bought one yesterday (like 775 es, 60 resists or something, perfect colors but only 18 int) but wanted to make a deal and the guy didnt want to move from 6.8 so i said gently caress it. might end up paying more in the end but he annoyed me by making me wait for 5 minutes rather than just saying no off the bat.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

18 int is plenty still. Think that's more than my chest has.

An astramentis or culling strike Howa is nice too

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

If you're getting corrupted howas, get ones with 6% block chance on. It's absolutely batshit insane strong when you get two of them.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Hrmm, wonder how one cull and one block would work. Might have to go shopping tonight

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011

Phobophilia posted:

The breach just ends, the ring contracts back to the point of origin when you first entered. Like what happens at the end of a normal breach.

RIP my Uul Netol, CwC-Wither doesn't play nice with lots of library doodads everywhere.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Chayula run might fail for you then, the timer there is considerably tighter than on Uul-Netol.

Thanks for the info, I guess I'm not even gonna try chayula by myself then. How do I find a chayula carry? I've heard about people offering/looking for carries, but never really looked into it.

As for running breachlord maps, do you need iir/iiq gear to get decent drop rates on their uniques and blessings (especially the blessings)? Out of 5 runs (2 xoph, 1 esh, 1 tul and 1 uul), all I got was uul-netol boots. I still have a couple of Esh breachstones, but I might as well sell them if the blessing drop rate is too low.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i see streamers doing chalupa/shaper carries a lot

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Esoteric Scientist posted:

Thanks for the info, I guess I'm not even gonna try chayula by myself then. How do I find a chayula carry? I've heard about people offering/looking for carries, but never really looked into it.

As for running breachlord maps, do you need iir/iiq gear to get decent drop rates on their uniques and blessings (especially the blessings)? Out of 5 runs (2 xoph, 1 esh, 1 tul and 1 uul), all I got was uul-netol boots. I still have a couple of Esh breachstones, but I might as well sell them if the blessing drop rate is too low.

If you can catch me when i'm online I'd def. help you clear a chayula breach (i'm the bown_zone mostly).

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011

Mr. Despair posted:

If you can catch me when i'm online I'd def. help you clear a chayula breach (i'm the bown_zone mostly).

Thank you very much. I don't have all the splinters to make a breachstone yet, I'm building up some currency to buy the remaining ~60 that I'm missing. I'll try to message you when I have the breachstone if that's ok with you.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Man it's a pity I got a Silverbranch drop for a Ranger on the first boss of a race that I started halfway through. Did carry me to level 10 in half an hour in my first race tho

theshim
May 1, 2012

What would people recommend for running in a Headhunter race? I think I just ran around with Freezing Pulse last time but I dunno if that's ~optimal~

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I've done LA Ranger because it keeps me the hell away from Volatiles.

mcdougs
Nov 10, 2009
Can I get a guild invite please? IGN uncledann

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1832918

quote:

We had been considering a nerf to Hand of Wisdom and Action. As 2.6.0 will not be getting changes to damage-over-time mechanics (and damage bonuses applying in two ways to some damage over time), we are likely to hold off on major nerfs to this item. While the builds with Hand of Wisdom and Action are incredibly strong, they provide a non-degen counterbalance to the major degenerative builds. As builds relying on damage-over-time will be affected by mechanics changes in 3.0.0, the Hand of Wisdom and Action will likely be nerfed along with them.

We are also still working out our plans for Energy Shield and related mechanics (and Keystones). Changes to this defence affect Hand of Wisdom and Action builds significantly, and there may not need to be a nerf to Hand of Wisdom and Action if ES and Vaal Pact based build-options are changed significantly.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Breach has been a very successful league. It had a great launch, and continued with high player engagement. Players have also been very vocal about wanting to keep Breach in some form.

When we look at Breach we can see it has the right recipe for being added into the game in a variety of ways. It has world interactable encounters that players can come across, and these open up the rest of the league's content (as well as the dangerous opening to another dimension that the monsters and Breachlords flow in from).

This leaves us the questions of how should it be available. Randomly in the world, or only from Maps? From Zana? As a sextant mod? By some other means? How common should it be?

When we ask these questions, the general answer we have is, we don't need to decide this all just yet, due to the nature of the 2.6.0 league. We'll try a few changes there, and see how they play out, and then work out the detailed plan of Breach integration for when 3.0.0 comes out.

A few things have been worked out. We know that breaches are almost certainly going to be more rare and we will flatten out the odds of the various Breach realms. Uul-Netol and Chayula breaches will be more common relative to the other lord's realms, but will still be rare. Boss spawn chances have been considered, and will likely be increased based on the rarity of breaches. In the 2.6.0 league this change won't be in as a numerical change, rather, this will be handled through a league feature. If it works out well, we may need to incorporate that in the future also.

The monsters, lords and general mechanics of the breaches will not be changing in any dramatic ways.

One of the big successes of the Breach league was the new uniques that were introduced. These were designed for impact on gameplay and on build choices. There were some definite hits in the Breach unique line up. We won't be doing strong changes on the balance of these uniques, but will focus most rebalance efforts on older league-specific uniques.

We had been considering a nerf to Hand of Wisdom and Action. As 2.6.0 will not be getting changes to damage-over-time mechanics (and damage bonuses applying in two ways to some damage over time), we are likely to hold off on major nerfs to this item. While the builds with Hand of Wisdom and Action are incredibly strong, they provide a non-degen counterbalance to the major degenerative builds. As builds relying on damage-over-time will be affected by mechanics changes in 3.0.0, the Hand of Wisdom and Action will likely be nerfed along with them.

We are also still working out our plans for Energy Shield and related mechanics (and Keystones). Changes to this defence affect Hand of Wisdom and Action builds significantly, and there may not need to be a nerf to Hand of Wisdom and Action if ES and Vaal Pact based build-options are changed significantly.

We are very pleased with how Breach league came out, and are glad players have responded to it well. We look forward to seeing players interacting with Breaches, in some form, in the upcoming 2.6.0 league, and going forward from 3.0.0 onwards.

e: i see this has already been posted

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

well poo poo. i am having a lot of fun with it now though which is what matters. not like im gonna go back and play this guy again in standard

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

quote:

This leaves us the questions of how should it be available. Randomly in the world, or only from Maps? From Zana? As a sextant mod? By some other means? How common should it be?

When we ask these questions, the general answer we have is, we don't need to decide this all just yet, due to the nature of the 2.6.0 league.

Interesting bit of info there.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Calling it now. The 2.6 league is going to be Double Secret Breach.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah it sounds to me like the next league might be a greatest hits type thing of aspects from past leagues. would make sense if they are focusing most of their creative efforts on 3.0 right now.

also it sounds like they are focusing on nerfing es rather than buffing life

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I'm wondering if 2.6.0 will do like, groups of old mods or rotating league mods like they've done in some of the 1mos.

theshim
May 1, 2012

2.6 BLAMT league

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

theshim posted:

2.6 BLAMT league

Not funny dude

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

whypick1 posted:

Not funny dude
cutthroat league xd

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
I think 2.6 is going to make use of a bunch of the old mechanics.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
It'd make sense as a sendoff to the current state of the game before all the big changes in 3.0. Plus doing a "best-of" league means that the new stuff in 3.0 seems even newer and shinier by comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Magus42 posted:

I think 2.6 is going to make use of a bunch of the old mechanics.

Instead of loot, Breach monsters will drop Perandus coins.

• Locked thread