Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I'm going all physical cause I love the boxes and box art and there's something about putting carts into stuff that make clicking sounds that is satisfying to the small lizard portion of my brain
oh yeah i love putting things in things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm looking for a Switch that'll let me push my hard copy into their slot, and occasionally beat my rear end on the weekends.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Szmitten posted:

UK goons, is GameSeek bullshit? They're the company that put up the less than £200 pre-order and not only are they honouring it but they're CONTINUING it and it seems too good to be true.

Wait, are they asking you to pre-pay the whole thing?

I may or may not have a bridge to sell to you but also could you put all the money up front?

Edit: I just looked at their website and in the top corner it says "Hello and Good Afternoon!" So I think these guys are pretty legit. I'd go all in.

BambooEarpick fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Feb 11, 2017

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Szmitten posted:

UK goons, is GameSeek bullshit? They're the company that put up the less than £200 pre-order and not only are they honouring it but they're CONTINUING it and it seems too good to be true.

What could go wrong?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Hammer Bro. posted:

Drop me an email and we'll chit-chat: my hotmail is "hammerbroish"; I'm guessing you know where to put the '@' and ".com".

Tried to send you and email but it didn't go through. Email me at Louisgod@somethingawful.com when you get the chance.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Louisgod posted:

Tried to send you and email but it didn't go through. Email me at Louisgod@somethingawful.com when you get the chance.

Can I email you about getting a @somethingawful.com email address?

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Dryzen posted:

What could go wrong?

WELL, by saving 80 quid this chap might spend it all at the local pub and forget to mind the gap!
Horror!

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Louisgod posted:

Tried to send you and email but it didn't go through.

Huh; I probably bungled the confusing instructions. Sent you an email; now to sit by the browser and :f5:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

BambooEarpick posted:

WELL, by saving 80 quid this chap might spend it all at the local pub and forget to mind the gap!
Horror!

you're right. you can really damage the switch that way

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/nintendeal/status/830140264794648576

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Excellent.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pssht I'm not impressed, let me know when BotW has a boatapult: https://youtu.be/R8PKRg3SYEc

(Seriously though that's really cool and probably something I would not have thought of trying myself)

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Wait, the next Mario Kart has LINK in it!? :psyduck:

I haven't played a Mario Kart game since the N64 version, but I might have to pick this one up.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Wait, the next Mario Kart has LINK in it!? :psyduck:

I haven't played a Mario Kart game since the N64 version, but I might have to pick this one up.

The current MarioKart has link in it.

The big news is that the next mariokart (and therefore smash bros) has inklings!

Also N64 style battle modes

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I hope inkling girl is the new Daisy

WOOMY!

WOOMY!

WOOMY!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

If you would have asked me what I want in a new zelda, the gravity gun wouldn't have been the first thing I thought of but I'm glad Nintendo did

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
that strikes me as a thing thats neat in theory but would be annoying as gently caress like the 5th time you had to do it.

I guess it depends on how often you need to fast travel but in most big open worlds that would be obnoxious after a bit

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Feb 11, 2017

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

that strikes me as a thing thats neat in theory but would be annoying as gently caress like the 5th time you had to do it.

I guess it depends on how often you need to fast travel but in most big open worlds that would be obnoxious after a bit

It's a prank brah

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

The shrines are the fast travel points. That tweet said "fast travel" in the manner of a joke

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
oh OK I haven't been following that close so I thought they were joking about it being "Fast Travel" when it's obviously slow.

If it's just an option to gently caress around thats pretty neat I guess

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Phimosissy posted:

The current MarioKart has link in it.

:psyboom:

WHY WAS I NOT TOLD OF THIS EARLIER!!???

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

it was like 2 years ago

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Now this is some replay value that I did not see coming.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

:psyboom:

WHY WAS I NOT TOLD OF THIS EARLIER!!???

There's also a Hyrule Castle track.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I figured that Switch would do an original Mario Kart after a couple years, but now I think it might be redundant. They should straight up do Super Smash Kart instead. It's moving in that direction anyway.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Novasol posted:

There's also a Hyrule Castle track.

Fun fact, the personal bike he uses is called the Eponator in Germany.

This is easily the coolest name it has, while we got stuck with the ho hum-sounding "Master Cycle."

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

I figured that Switch would do an original Mario Kart after a couple years, but now I think it might be redundant. They should straight up do Super Smash Kart instead. It's moving in that direction anyway.

Like I said before: Diddy Kong Racing sequel.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I agree. I think it's a little silly that it's simply "Mario Kart" when Super Smash Bros does such a great job of bringing together all these Nintendo franchises, and ever since Sonic Transformed I've wanted to see Nintendo make that leap to Super Smash Kart so MK8 dipping its toes into different IPs is very encouraging.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mahoning posted:

Like I said before: Diddy Kong Racing sequel.
would be keen for it

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It occured to me today that all the big retailers should be getting their switches and stuff very soon if not already. Takes a while to distribute everywhere.

21 days.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
pretty keen to get my switch

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

It occured to me today that all the big retailers should be getting their switches and stuff very soon if not already. Takes a while to distribute everywhere.

21 days.

Like a week and a half ago I was in a Target and their Wii U display was gone and in its place was a placeholder cardboard standup thing with the Switch on it.

Reminded me of when I was in high school and I was all hype about the original Xbox and I went to the local Toys R Us just because they had a (non-working) Xbox on display.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
If anyone hasn't been paying attention to Waterfield on their upcoming Switch case, through their customer surveys they're making 3 of them:

One for the Minimalist (Switch with joycons, charging cable, wrist straps and room for some games)
Pro (minimalist plus the Joycon Grip and more games)
and the Champ (virtually everything including the dock).

Also from the surveys, they learned that their customers would like to see the minimalist case essentially be their popular City Slicker for the 3DS. They put up a video and it looks good.

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank

Szmitten posted:

According to the Eurogamer article that confirmed they were honouring the £200 price, Gameseek 'expect' to receive pre-order units. So presumably there's no guarantee that anyone who's pre-ordered will get them on launch day, and even more unlikely that anyone who orders now will get them.

So maybe you get it eventually at an £80 discount. Might be OK if they can confirm whenever that will be, but not something I'd want to get involved with. I kind of doubt now that they'll renege entirely, unless they claim stock shortages etc. and give people the option to back out of their own accord.

OTOH, supposedly reputable retailer Tesco took the money for my Switch pre-order when I ordered it, so the whole 'give us your money up front' thing might not be such a big deal. That said I trust Tesco more than I trust a company I've never heard of.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://youtu.be/pn91Et7j7hQ

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Should I go with the Hori screen protector or the PDP screen protector?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

No screen protector, IMO. You're an adult, it'll be fine. Just have a decent case for it.

I had them for my DS which used the touch screen way more and it just made the screen less sensitive and scratched up the protector. I took it off and it's been way better and scratch free. :v: Also nobody knows which is better at this point, get the brand you like/have experience with or wait for reviews.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Cojawfee posted:

Should I go with the Hori screen protector or the PDP screen protector?

Glass or bust. This a capacitive touch screen now.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

glassyalabolas posted:

Glass or bust. This a capacitive touch screen now.

I guess you're right. I'll see who comes out with a glass protector. Though since it's not a resistive screen, hopefully they already have a very hard surface on it to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
New Donk Glass

• Locked thread