Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Dango Bango posted:

WE'RE GOING TO OT IN LINCOLN :stare:

Your corn may be inferior, but please Nebraska, do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

A UCLA cheerleader just got dropped on her head and then when she was getting rushed off the court, the guy holding her slipped on a foam mat and dumped her.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Massive flop by Nebraska.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Wisconsin escapes again, Nebraska couldn't hit 2 big free throws that would have sealed it.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Goddamn I thought Wisconsin blew that one. We got a gift there.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

PotatoJudge posted:

Wisconsin escapes again, Nebraska couldn't hit 2 big free throws that would have sealed it.

I'm so sick of Nebraska not being able to put away games with free throws :(

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

FartingBedpost posted:

How does one get enjoyment out of Wisconsin basketball? Do Wisconsin students actually enjoy watching this?

Because our plodding offense and good defense means we can potentially beat anyone, even powerhouses like Kentucky that get NBA-level recruits while we work with the dregs.

edit: lol we almost lost because of missed ft's there.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
gently caress UNC

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

The Great Autismo! posted:

it was a textbook charge. total chickenshit.

doesn't matter, purdue won

hey tom crean, you're a loving loser. lol!

Its gotta be one or the other.......I got so pissed I stopped watching and just followed along on twitter.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Wisconsin's been hampered with minor injuries to their bigger 3-point shooters in Koenig and Brown. Really affects how the defense can slog off them, especially Brown.
Made me look it up - 7 of the last 8 games Brown has taken 4 or 5 3's. He's made 1 three times, 2 twice, a 0 twice. Ooogly.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Adun posted:

gently caress UNC

Sorry but that's never going to catch on here.

gently caress Duke

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

pubic works project posted:

Sorry but that's never going to catch on here.

gently caress Duke

This ain't politics, dawg. You don't have to be firmly on one side or the other.

gently caress em both.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

TBeats posted:

gently caress em both.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

TBeats posted:

This ain't politics, dawg. You don't have to be firmly on one side or the other.

gently caress em both.

The point was that we all have a few sayings around here. "gently caress Duke" is chief among those. We don't have a "gently caress UNC" saying.......yet.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
gently caress everyone all the time but in particular UNC and obviously Duke and Maryland as well.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

The point was that we all have a few sayings around here. "gently caress Duke" is chief among those. We don't have a "gently caress UNC" saying.......yet.

Speak for yourself, Roy Williams' whiny Huckleberry Hound rear end can eat poo poo

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

MourningView posted:

Speak for yourself, Roy Williams' whiny Huckleberry Hound rear end can eat poo poo

Lmao

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The key to eating poo poo is possessing the "want-to".

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
gently caress le Wildcatte

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
gently caress duke

go cayuts :smith:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
gently caress an Oklahoma Sooner. God bless.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Go a gata gently caress a aggie imo

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

gently caress all y'all!

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

gently caress all y'all!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Canyon Barry just set the school record for consecutive free throws made with 38 (he also hit 39).

And he does em granny style.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

gently caress all y'all!

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

west virginia reserves killin it

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
I am very serious when I say the NCAA needs to eat a dick and make officials stop working 6 games a week. This was a loving poo poo show.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, Chris Beard hasn't held a job for more than one year since 2011? And some Texas Tech Senior transferred and followed him to every new place since 2012.

I guess that's one way to go through college.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Mizzou up at half, how bad is Vandy?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Mizzou up at half, how bad is Vandy?

They've been...better since the Florida game. That's relative of course so I don't expect them to actually win this game or any other, but better.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I had completely forgotten the Bryce Drew was Vandy's coach by the way.

And that shot he hit in the tourney will be 20 years old next year :corsair:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Missouri has a 2 game home winning streak. Watch out world.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
What the gently caress Mizzou won by 20? I swear to god if they go like .500 the rest of the year which brings KA back I'm going to be pissed

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Man I'm gonna miss Miles Bridges. It's too bad his one season is mediocre for the program.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

What the gently caress Mizzou won by 20?

It took some doing to get there. Kornet, Vandy's 7 foot dude who can shoot, was wide open all night and managed to go something like 0-10 from 3. As a team they went 6-28 from deep which is more in line with what you'd expect to see from Mizzou. But instead today they went 9-19, with 3-3 from Puryear and 5-8 from Jordan Barnett (who, by the way, looks like he's pretty good after these last few games). Mizzou had 16 offensive rebounds to Purdue's 6 too. Basically a bunch of poo poo that might happen once all year happened.

quote:

I swear to god if they go like .500 the rest of the year which brings KA back I'm going to be pissed

This ship has sailed and you don't need to worry, barring something absolutely ridiculous like winning the SEC tournament. Kim is massively unpopular, the arena's pretty much empty every game, he's still lost those 11 or 12 or whatever ridiculous number of scholarship players in the last 3 years for no good reason, he's not the current AD's hire. Too many things working against him for him to have a realistic chance of saving his job, maybe if they run the table the rest of the way and win 2 games in the SEC tourney they might think about it for a minute, but that's absolutely not happening.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Sindarius Thornwell should get serious consideration for SEC player of the year but he doesn't wear a Kentucky uniform, so I expect nothing.

He still extremely loving owns, though.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
lol Thomas Bryant just gets pissed off and elbows DJ Wilson in the mouth three times in a row and they call it a double foul. What a sport

Please don't blow this game

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
If a Scottie Lindsey-less Wild Cat can pull off an upset in the Kohl Center then ANYTHING IS POSSIBLEEEEEEEEE

and if the Wild Cat tries to rely on Bryant McIntosh hero ball in the final 4 minutes they will blow this game.

The Piper fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Feb 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
The best game plan against UVA is to spot them a 15-point halftime lead.

• Locked thread