Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Eels are my favorite sushi and they're basically words of the sea so I guess I have a lot of worms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

married but discreet posted:

My food hot take: Cilantro haters are just wusses and don't get to blame not liking it on some sort of genetic thing. Suck it up you babies.
Here's the thing man, I like the taste of cilantro just fine. But, at normal amounts that you'd get on like, a street taco, it is the only thing that I can taste. So I prefer not to get it, or I brush off the majority.

We cool?

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

GonSmithe posted:

Eels are my favorite sushi and they're basically words of the sea so I guess I have a lot of worms.

Eels are great but they're super endangered right now thanks to Japan.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Like all seasoning, cilantro is fine in the right proportion.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Gorman Thomas posted:

Eels are great but they're super endangered right now thanks to Japan.

Not in America. Americans have a weird adverse reaction to them so there's plenty of them around here.

But yeah, obviously that won't last long.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

What are the oddest "ooh that's gross!" food opinions you've heard?

My dad thinks the combination of peanut butter + chocolate is the most vile thing ever. He and I don't see eye to eye on lots of things.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Any time I mention Indian food is my favorite type of food people say "ew that's gross." I'm from a super-white area but we basically have little-India down the road, but people in New York are just so obsessed with only eating Italian or European dinners they don't even try to give other cuisines a chance.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spatulater bro! posted:

My dad thinks the combination of peanut butter + chocolate is the most vile thing ever. He and I don't see eye to eye on lots of things.

People who vehemently dislike vegetables.

My sister in law also dated a guy who hated every kind of drink (not counting alcohol) except Dr. Pepper. Instead of water he drank Dr. Pepper.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

GonSmithe posted:

Any time I mention Indian food is my favorite type of food people say "ew that's gross." I'm from a super-white area but we basically have little-India down the road, but people in New York are just so obsessed with only eating Italian or European dinners they don't even try to give other cuisines a chance.

Indian food is the best god drat food. They absolutely nailed the perfect combination of flavors. To me an average Indian meal is better than the best meal of just about any other type.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Spatulater bro! posted:

I dunno about "vile" but getting the right balance of chocolate and peanut butter is not an automatic thing. Not like PB&J.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

MacheteZombie posted:

My sister in law also dated a guy who hated every kind of drink (not counting alcohol) except Dr. Pepper. Instead of water he drank Dr. Pepper.
Whenever people tell me about someone they know who lives on meat, dairy, bread, and sugar with no fruits or vegetables it makes me feel a little ill.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I know it's common to say seafood and cheese don't go together but I remember some goon in GWS that the combination made the seafood taste just like it had spoiled which always seemed odd because it really doesn't do that at all.

He might have also might have been referring to cream cheese which is even offer to me because bagels with lox is mana from heaven.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm not too big on Indian food, but last time I got it I had this chicken that tasted exactly like hot Cheetos. As a Southwesterner, I'm really surprised it hasn't become more popular. Hot Cheetos are crazy big in Phoenix.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Just saw John Wick 2 and I am looking forward to John Wick 3:vs the world. It was almost the same movie but they showed more secret society stuff.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Spatulater bro! posted:

Pops and i see eye to eye on that one. Get those reeses the gently caress away.

I'm gonna probably end up as the voice of dissent but JW2 was good and not great and that entirely falls on the last two minutes.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I just assume that people who say they hate pineapple on pizza have never actually tried it. It's one of those things that sounds like it might be gross but is actually really good.
All I need are mushrooms and black olives, why try more than that? Oh and fresh mozzarella, that stuff is a god send.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Pineapple on pizza is Good but figs can go and gently caress Off

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Gorman Thomas posted:

Pineapple on pizza is Good but figs can go and gently caress Off

idk about figs on pizza but figs in general are the best fruit ever you rear end in a top hat

edit: you moron!! you rear end in a top hat!!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I had figs and walnuts on a pizza once and it was surprisingly good. Would eat again.

So I watched Solaris last week and have been reading the book. I just found out my uncle was friends with Lem. Small world.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Everything I know about figs I learned from noted polymath Dan Ryckert so I might be biased idk

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Finally saw a Fassbender film... Ali: Fear Eats the Soul.

Now I want to see everything else he made. That was honestly one of the best films I've ever seen.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I can't get into Fassbinder, I find his purposefully distancing aesthetic to be, uh, distancing.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Pineapple on pizza only works for me if its BBQ sauce instead of marinara sauce.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
What are you doing Dark Archie noooooo

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Here's my food hot take: Everyone who even slightly disagrees with me about food preferences is an unwashed philistine who would eat dog poo poo off the street if you drizzled sauce on it.

Oh wait that's every food hot take.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Here's mine. Pineapple sucks!!!

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Actually, pineapple is good and cool. Especially with pork.

Edit: It's really a shame that pigs are as smart and adorable as they are delicious.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

MacheteZombie posted:

As someone who usually has three different kinds of raw vegetables at lunch, agreed. Vegetables are delicious and good for you, eat some carrots or celery.

Spatulater bro! posted:

Indian food is the best god drat food. They absolutely nailed the perfect combination of flavors. To me an average Indian meal is better than the best meal of just about any other type.

Indian and Thai are the two best cuisines, anyone who says otherwise is a busta.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The key to pineapple is to grill it thus caramelizing it and releasing the sugars. Then add it to something like, say, a burger or BBQ. Smokey and sweet.

Indian is lame. Pakistani is better since it allows for meat and has better spice maintenance, heat, and way of cooking.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Gatts posted:

The key to pineapple is to grill it thus caramelizing it and releasing the sugars. Then add it to something like, say, a burger or BBQ. Smokey and sweet.

Indian is lame. Pakistani is better since it allows for meat and has better spice maintenance, heat, and way of cooking.

Plenty of Indian food has meat

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Plenty of Indian food has meat

The first three Indian dishes I can name off the top of my head have "chicken" right in the name.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
So, those who have seen 50 Shades 2...have the two leads mustered the slightest bit of chemistry or tension? The sexiest thing about the first is how uncomfortable it is to watch them on screen at the same time.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Indian and Thai are the two best cuisines, anyone who says otherwise is a busta.

This guy knows what's up. Pad Thai is one of the best things in existence.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

ChickenMedium posted:

The first three Indian dishes I can name off the top of my head have "chicken" right in the name.

You have "chicken" right in your name, too.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Out 1 is loving killing me. I'm not sure I'll survive this.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Budgie Jumping posted:

You have "chicken" right in your name, too.

This is the most solid burn I've seen on these forums in a long while . . .

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I thought I hated pineapple on pizza, but my conclusion now is that it just clashes with tomato sauce for me, badly. And also it shouldn't be canned poo poo. imma try making some kinda Thai curry pizza, with fresh pineapple on it, someday. I will use naan or something because I'm a lazy bum who can't be arsed to make my own pizza crust.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Does The Wiz hold up?

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Pineapple is alright, don't understand people that get upset about it. Mostly I love that it has acids that'll break down your flesh. You can look up all these youtube videos of people eating whole pineapples, and eventually they start crying because it's eating them back! :v:

FreudianSlippers posted:

Sushi is a good way to get worms.

There are better ways to get worms.

Also around here sushi places are required to freeze the fish to kill the parasites.
Because literally all fish have parasites.

There was some famous sushi guy that froze everything overnight in a medical freezer, he said he did it to bring out the taste, because if it's too fresh, you might as well just be drinking a mouthful of ocean.

Indian food is probably the best food, Thai is pretty close second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Spatulater bro! posted:

Out 1 is loving killing me. I'm not sure I'll survive this.

I only made it through like three episodes. It's no Satantango.

• Locked thread