Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Risky
May 18, 2003

You can disperse a yokai realm by just doing a ki pulse?

Level 20 and I'm just now finding this out. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Bombadilillo posted:

No good luck finding anything worth crafting thats not a katana

Fortunately I am a sword build.

Edit: ^ oh god were you using consumables?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Risky posted:

You can disperse a yokai realm by just doing a ki pulse?

Level 20 and I'm just now finding this out. :(

Did you skip tutorials? I feel like this game goes to great pains to show you mechanics.

Video for every move. And clearing those is already unlocked when you start.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Umm so I just used a himorogi branch thinking it was a bone home

Is there a way to go back to a mid checkpoint?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Travel Amulet I think it's called

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Right, but he already exited the mission, right? So, no, there's no way to get back to the midpoint of a mission after you have exited. But fortunately, once you know the layout of a level, running to a shrine is pretty quick. What mission did you accidentally leave?

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

quote:

Just found a way to farm Elixirs...
Store all your Elixirs in the storehouse.
Start any mission (works best on a region that you've found a lot, if not all, Kodamas)
The game will give you the base Elixirs you can have (that's why this works best on a region with a lot of Kodamas unlocked).
Use Himorogi Fragment (recommended to use, just make sure you don't have a lot of amrita) or Himorogi Branch.
and repeat!

The 3rd shrine in The Ocean Roars Again is a great place to farm gear fighting Revenants I am lvl 40 fighting lvl 60's getting some sweet rear end purples.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

This caterpillar boss fight sucks dick and I'm not getting it at all

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Spears are great for it, mid-stance strong attack and roll away, you'll hit it in the mouth and it crits. Otherwise you can get on the second level and run it in a circle and attack the back parts until they fall off. It's really irritating and not hard, just tedious

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

If I start a daily twilight mission. Rest mode my ps4. Come back in 2 days. Or when the missions cycle? Will I get booted?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Thumbtacks posted:

Spears are great for it, mid-stance strong attack and roll away, you'll hit it in the mouth and it crits. Otherwise you can get on the second level and run it in a circle and attack the back parts until they fall off. It's really irritating and not hard, just tedious

Irritating and tedious, you got that right. What a lovely poorly designed boss.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
If I need to go back to a level I've beaten already to find Kodama, can I just collect them then branch out without beating the boss? I really don't feel like fighting caterpillar again.

BTW, for that mission breaking the poison rocks will keep a room from filling with gas after the ventilators stop, took me getting to the boss to realize it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BabelFish posted:

If I need to go back to a level I've beaten already to find Kodama, can I just collect them then branch out without beating the boss? I really don't feel like fighting caterpillar again.

BTW, for that mission breaking the poison rocks will keep a room from filling with gas after the ventilators stop, took me getting to the boss to realize it.

Yea you can branch out and keep the kodama. I did the exact same thing in the mines level.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bombadilillo posted:

If I start a daily twilight mission. Rest mode my ps4. Come back in 2 days. Or when the missions cycle? Will I get booted?

Nope.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm super enjoying it but I can see some of the complaints people have. Hopefully this ends up being a Demon Souls/Dark Souls situation where they put their experiences from this one into Nioh 2 and gives us a real classic.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Winkie01 posted:

The 3rd shrine in The Ocean Roars Again is a great place to farm gear fighting Revenants I am lvl 40 fighting lvl 60's getting some sweet rear end purples.

How do you do this? I don't even have an option to put elixirs in the storehouse. I can pull them out, but not put them in. Is this made up or what?

Way more fun to just help somebody co-op a level you have lots of kodama in, leave on healer blessing and just kill lots of weak dudes. You'll swim in elixirs and won't hate yourself for just reloading a level over and over.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i think people would complain about centipede less if he didnt have dark souls 2 level tracking

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So this one human boss, I beat by hitting other stuff in the arena. But if I had attacked him and beat him normally, what would happen?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
He'd be fine if he didn't go backwards directly through his own body

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I thought the centipede was mad easy but yeah it's real dumb that he can just instantly fold back through himself and attack you.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Relin posted:

i think people would complain about centipede less if he didnt have dark souls 2 level tracking

Yeah, that was infuriating. He wasn't hard, just amazingly unfun to fight.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Yodzilla posted:

I thought the centipede was mad easy but yeah it's real dumb that he can just instantly fold back through himself and attack you.

Yeah, that was the most bullshit.

Risky
May 18, 2003

Bombadilillo posted:

Did you skip tutorials? I feel like this game goes to great pains to show you mechanics.

Video for every move. And clearing those is already unlocked when you start.

No I did them. It's just there is so much to this game that it's kinda overwhelming and there's a lot to remember. You can easily fritter away half an hour just in the forging section. I'm still kinda confused on how some items work. What the hell does the shell-horn do?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Risky posted:

No I did them. It's just there is so much to this game that it's kinda overwhelming and there's a lot to remember. You can easily fritter away half an hour just in the forging section. I'm still kinda confused on how some items work. What the hell does the shell-horn do?

Shell-horn is just a horn, for co-op purposes :) (as far as I know)

Its like the "VERY GOOD" stone from Dark Souls.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.
It took me 5 hours to beat the first mission. :(

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Tomie knows me posted:

London tower or the coast?

What weapons. Have you read starting tips.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Bombadilillo posted:

London tower or the coast?

What weapons. Have you read starting tips.

I guess both? I finished coast and have 5 hours on my file, I'm using dual swords/spear, yes.

I'm just in that uncomfortable place where I know what I want to do, but my execution isn't quite there, so I die. A lot. :v

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Tomie knows me posted:

I guess both? I finished coast and have 5 hours on my file, I'm using dual swords/spear, yes.

I'm just in that uncomfortable place where I know what I want to do, but my execution isn't quite there, so I die. A lot. :v

Games like this are all about practice and repetition. You'll get it.

If it takes you longer, that just gives you more game and more entertainment for your :10bux:

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
gently caress Umibozu it wouldn't be so bad if half the time I didn't die due to falling in the god drat water.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Winkie01 posted:

gently caress Umibozu it wouldn't be so bad if half the time I didn't die due to falling in the god drat water.

Yeah putting those holes in the arena was a real dick move.

Mostly stay in the middle of the platform, just run back and forth in a straight line in front of the door, and you're pretty safe. Then when he goes phase 2 just circle around him and don't go to the corners.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Winkie01 posted:

this was shared in the discord

:siren: everybody do this to beat umi bozu with no effort :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlxm25XsyNc

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Tomie knows me posted:

8.5 hours here :)

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i was tearing my hair out trying to find the kodama in the crypt in the three angry gods mission. i can see the wall yokai but it doesnt light up. i guess they revert to walls if you beat the mission?

why

why though

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Emalde posted:

haha that would be great. I only have 1 of those fuckers tho.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Emalde posted:

hahahaha

that's fuckin hilarious.

Do those scale with magic, or is that a fixed amount of damage?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Emalde posted:

The fire masks, that's loving brilliant.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Amazon keeps sending me preorder codes so some lucky goon gets the preorder armor sets, lucky you:
C55_-H8NT-E2GQ

The missing character is the first letter of goon.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Sheep posted:

Amazon keeps sending me preorder codes so some lucky goon gets the preorder armor sets, lucky you:
C55_-H8NT-E2GQ

The missing character is the first letter of goon.

Thanks man :toot:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Emalde posted:

God I love when things like this work in games.

Weird observation: is it strange that a lot of big missions as a reward just give you random corpse consumables? Thanks for these two bombs and some ammo I guess!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky
May 18, 2003

Alteisen posted:

The fire masks, that's loving brilliant.

I haven't even used those yet and had no idea they did that. Good to know though as I haven't even got to that boss yet.