Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's supposed to look like stop motion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Are we supposed to expect Legos to be able to move like flesh and blood real world people? Let's discuss the tactical realism of that.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I don't actually want to have a discussion, I just want people to accept I'm right.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Gatts posted:

Are we supposed to expect Legos to be able to move like flesh and blood real world people? Let's discuss the tactical realism of that.
Or maybe discuss the need for "tactical realism" in a depiction of an imagination based toy.

CelticPredator posted:

It's supposed to look like stop motion.
It looks as though someone is flickering the lights on and off thru it. It looks epileptic.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Hey everyone, shut the gently caress up about Lego and congratulate WB/DC on making the right decision for the new Batman director.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Is this the first time they are revealing the Guardians are in Infinity War?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAOzrChqmd0

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Good choice. Though I feel bad for the guy now. They should have waited until filming to have made the announcement.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Oh boy Infinity War! I can't wait for the big epic hundred million dollar fight with Thanos to take place at a McDonald's Carpark.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
lego batman is super duper funny and a great batman movie and while the second act drags a little bit the first and third acts are CRAZY funny. good stuff everyone would probably enjoy it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I'd be surprised if Infinity War took place only on Earth. Also Tom Holland's real accent .

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Hollismason posted:

I'd be surprised if Infinity War took place only on Earth. Also Tom Holland's real accent .

Should've left his accent alone, let's just have a limey Spidey in Queens, no explanation given.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

Oh boy Infinity War! I can't wait for the big epic hundred million dollar fight with Thanos to take place at a McDonald's Carpark.

What the gently caress is a carpark?

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Casual Thanos.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

UmOk posted:

What the gently caress is a carpark?

It's a park for cars to play in they're generally made of asphalt and sometimes they have swing sets / playground sets for the cars to play on so they don't get bored while you shop. It's also a great place to take a car that hasn't been around other cars or is a only car. This way the car learns to socialize with other cars .

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Electromax posted:

Casual Thanos.

this is all a big misunderstanding, he just needs the infinity stones to pull off the greatest car heist in the galaxy

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

this is all a big misunderstanding, he just needs the infinity stones to pull off the greatest car heist in the galaxy

gently caress

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Well, he does kind of look like Machinehead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8h1tfSBSRU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Electromax posted:

Casual Thanos.

That kind of looks like the end of the comic series where Thanos is chilling on a farm on some unknown planet after he realizes that he doesn't actually want Godhood.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Codependent Poster posted:

That kind of looks like the end of the comic series where Thanos is chilling on a farm on some unknown planet after he realizes that he doesn't actually want Godhood.

"Let's stop fighting, I don't want that thing I started the fight for anymore because it sucks!" would be an amazing ending for whichever phase this is.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Grendels Dad posted:

"Let's stop fighting, I don't want that thing I started the fight for anymore because it sucks!" would be an amazing ending for whichever phase this is.

Winning because being God sucks, I quit, is way too good an ending for any phase that Marvel ever puts out.

Of course judging by the picture of Thanos on a couch, he'll be done in because he doesn't family FAMILY. Dude should have familied more.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I mean traditionally his goal is to get Death to marry/love him, presumably a family could occur from such a union. Although I can't imagine what the children would be like.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lord_Magmar posted:

I mean traditionally his goal is to get Death to marry/love him, presumably a family could occur from such a union. Although I can't imagine what the children would be like.

Ghost Riders

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.

Electromax posted:

Casual Thanos.

Mussolini with argyria.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I enjoy casual Thanos.

I hope he wears the Infinity Gauntlet with gym shorts and sandals.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Guardians Vol. 2 gets an unheard of perfect 100 score in it's first test screening

an internal, friends and family test screening, so A LITTLE BIASED

Still, I want this movie like right now.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

cvnvcnv posted:

It looks as though someone is flickering the lights on and off thru it. It looks epileptic.

Have you seen stop motion lego movies

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Tom Gorman posted:

Guardians Vol. 2 gets an unheard of perfect 100 score in it's first test screening

Hahaha what useless loving news. Good for the echo chambers, I guess.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Dunno why they don't go with eyes made out of stars and death Thanos.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Tom Gorman posted:

I can wait

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Shageletic posted:

Dunno why they don't go with eyes made out of stars and death Thanos.

I'm sure there's going to be plenty of opportunity for him to be filled with vast cosmic energy and have glowy eyes.

I have it on authority that we'll be seeing lots of Kirby crackle too.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Gyges posted:

Winning because being God sucks, I quit, is way too good an ending for any phase that Marvel ever puts out.

Of course judging by the picture of Thanos on a couch, he'll be done in because he doesn't family FAMILY. Dude should have familied more.

Avengers III: Infinity War: Hard to Be A God.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I really hope Thanos is as goony as he is in the comics.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

UmOk posted:

I really hope Thanos is as goony as he is in the comics.

He was only goofy like, the one set of years many many years ago.
He's basically been a My Chemical Romance alien Hitler for the past twenty years. And we all know the movies will make exactly zero changes to the current formula of non-innovation.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
So probably no Thanos Copter then?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
By goony I meant stuff like using his god powers to make a female version of himself to be his girlfriend.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Drifter posted:

Hahaha what useless loving news. Good for the echo chambers, I guess.

I still think it'll be good and fun. idk

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Tom Gorman posted:

I still think it'll be good and fun. idk

I'm not saying it'll be good, or bad. I'm just saying what useless "news" that relayed.
"cast and friends LOVED movie they worked on" :rolleyes:

I hope it's fun, we could always use more good movies.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
I'm gonna go out on a limb and hot-take that it will be about as good as the first guardians, and as such be a massive success without any particular high or low points (and get a Tomato Score in the 80s or 90s because nobody is going to say 'it's okay, don't see it', they will say 'it's okay, go see it')

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Even though it's generally poo poo, does anyone have a soft spot for Suicide Squad...I still like it though I'm still disappointed how it came out and could've been way better but WB was too worried about it failing. At least they're not in bad shape for a movie company...unlike Sony Pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
I still liked Suicide Squad. I liked its whole mockbuster aesthetic - it was like a "better than" version of Planet Terror. It wasn't Ayer's best film by any means, but it's at least as impressive as any of the much more revered Fast & Furious films.

• Locked thread