Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, this is going to hurt.
I'm fine with the Bears drafting Garrett, Allen, or Adams. Ryan Pace seems to be the kind of guy who isn't going to get cute and draft Shea Mcclellin (SUPER BOWL CHAMP!). I feel like they may be best served getting a young defense and building on that and keeping Cutler for at least another year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I wonder if Bob Quinn will continue his secret vendetta against Detroit_Dogg by drafting a bunch of B1G players that aren't from Michigan State.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

korrandark posted:

:siren: Todd McShay 2.0 Mock Draft :siren:

24: Oakland Raiders, 12-4

Jarrad Davis, LB, Florida

At 6-foot-2 and 238 pounds, Davis' best fit is at weak-side linebacker. He's an explosive athlete with great range who profiles as an every-down player in the NFL. He could also play middle linebacker if he bulked up a bit. Oakland has needs at both positions and could use a Kwon Alexander-type player like Davis at the second level.

If Malik McDowell is gone by 24, I'm down with this pick. Immediate start at Will

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
holy moly

quote:

Myles Garrett, the general manager?

Indeed, one of the 2017 NFL Draft's top prospects is already proposing a trade. The star defensive end from Texas A&M, a Texas native, would like to play in his home state for America's team, and he has a suggestion for Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones:

"I'm speaking to you, Jerry," Garrett said in a video clip posted Friday by ESPN. "Mr. (coach Jason) Garrett, make it happen. Dak Prescott leads our team right now. I need you to take Tony Romo, take a couple picks, and give them to Cleveland so you can pick me up. Please, I'd love to play in Dallas, just make it happen."

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'd be pretty stoked if Cam Robinson fell to the Seahawks. Even if he's not a natural LT he'd still be a huge upgrade over George "literally hasn't played football since Pee-Wee" Fant and Garry "loving Dogshit" Gilliam at either tackle spot.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

hello, yes, #1 seed in the NFC? please trade for me so I can play for you instead of a team that, were it not to fire its head coach after next season, would have the same coach for 3 straight seasons for the first time since 2008.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Give me Mike Williams at Pick Five, please. Metapod has successfully convinced me.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Todd McShay posted:

10: Buffalo Bills, 7-9

Mike Williams, WR, Clemson

Mitch Trubisky or DeShone Kizer could be in play here, depending on what happens with Tyrod Taylor. But the Bills have four WRs hitting free agency and would fill an immediate void with Williams. The Clemson standout has a good size-speed combination and shows the ability to create late separation when the ball is in the air.
Hey, cool, a pick I don't hate! And it even makes sense even if we end up retaining Robert Woods!
Which makes it too good to come true:smith:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Probably Magic posted:

Give me Mike Williams at Pick Five, please. Metapod has successfully convinced me.

He's not fast enough. Titans need a burner WR. I'm liking what Todd has in Corey Davis at 5 and then best DB avail at pick 18.

Edit: I think Robinson really wants a 2nd round pick, I wouldn't be surprised if the Titans try to trade out of #5.

Demon Of The Fall fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Feb 11, 2017

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

zimbomonkey posted:

I think that neither of those things will happen. I could see hooker, fournette or Adams, but Peppers lacks size and McCaffrey lacks... so goddamn much

McCaffrey also lacks melanin, so helloooooo Carolina.

Benne posted:

I'd be pretty stoked if Cam Robinson fell to the Seahawks. Even if he's not a natural LT he'd still be a huge upgrade over George "literally hasn't played football since Pee-Wee" Fant and Garry "loving Dogshit" Gilliam at either tackle spot.

Fant looked like our second best lineman all year long. :shepicide: I think he might be able to develop into something eventually.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

oldskool posted:

hello, yes, #1 seed in the NFC? please trade for me so I can play for you instead of a team that, were it not to fire its head coach after next season, would have the same coach for 3 straight seasons for the first time since 2008.

This is going to turn into Eli Manning / John Elway BS isn't it?

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Flikken posted:

This is going to turn into Eli Manning / John Elway BS isn't it?

I think he's trying to trick the Browns into not drafting him so he falls to a team that is good. Jones is a loving idiot if he trades up to #1 for Garrett. I mean you are looking at romo plus the top end of last years Goff trade. I guess if the Cowboys feel like they are close do it, but I think they need more depth than one guy on defense. Oh yeah, and their coach is an imbecile who will screw everything up anyway so whatever

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
We don't want Romo, he would last even less time than RG3 did in his initial run this season (< half game).

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Shangri-Law School posted:

I wonder if Bob Quinn will continue his secret vendetta against Detroit_Dogg by drafting a bunch of B1G players that aren't from Michigan State.

I'd love the Butt Man if he hadn't torn his ACL in the Orange Bowl

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

extendedsolo posted:

I think he's trying to trick the Browns into not drafting him so he falls to a team that is good. Jones is a loving idiot if he trades up to #1 for Garrett. I mean you are looking at romo plus the top end of last years Goff trade. I guess if the Cowboys feel like they are close do it, but I think they need more depth than one guy on defense. Oh yeah, and their coach is an imbecile who will screw everything up anyway so whatever

The Cowboys need a pass rushing DE more than anything, Garrett's a perfect fit but this trade is never happening.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Demon Of The Fall posted:

He's not fast enough. Titans need a burner WR. I'm liking what Todd has in Corey Davis at 5 and then best DB avail at pick 18.

Edit: I think Robinson really wants a 2nd round pick, I wouldn't be surprised if the Titans try to trade out of #5.

a receiver doesn't have to be a burner if his catch radius extends from here to mars (see: plaxico burress)

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Chichevache posted:

McCaffrey also lacks melanin, so helloooooo Carolina.

Fant looked like our second best lineman all year long. :shepicide: I think he might be able to develop into something eventually.

lol the panthers don't draft white guys high

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

zimbomonkey posted:

Racists.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Tell me how the Eagles WR core would be like if we signed Alshon and drafted Corey Davis

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

89 posted:

Tell me how the Eagles WR core would be like if we signed Alshon and drafted Corey Davis

I'm going to laugh and laugh and laugh at whichever team signs Alshon.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Chichevache posted:

He might, but as soon as he does he's going to leave for another team because he Seahawks don't believe in paying offensive linemen.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

warcrimes posted:

I'm going to laugh and laugh and laugh at whichever team signs Alshon.

Well he's basically an amazing also-ran because he can't stay healthy right?

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Well he's basically an amazing also-ran because he can't stay healthy right?

He is amazing, but paying this amount of money for a receiver is stupid for anyone who isn't the Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, AJ Green type.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Chichevache posted:

I disagree, but even if you're right and Fant's the second best lineman for Seattle, that is still god awful. Like "probably doesn't even make it as depth on a different team" level of poo poo. The seahawks aren't the talent powerhouse they were in 2013, but every unit is at least average except for OL, which is the worst in the league. This should be easy to solve because drafted OL have a smaller bust rate and can transition to the NFL faster than other positions.

Take OL at 26 and trade up to draft another in the late first/early second.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Second best OL on Seahawks. JFC talk about Damning with Faint Praise.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

zimbomonkey posted:

The last time they did that was... very recently, and to great effect.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Spring Break My Heart posted:

What's up with Luke? He back to 100%? What are the procedures in the future for his health?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

What's up with Luke? He back to 100%? What are the procedures in the future for his health?

According to him he's fine to go next year. I'm sure procedures in the future include doing the same thing they've always done and if he Zach Thomas's his way out of the league oh well.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

According to him he's fine to go next year. I'm sure procedures in the future include doing the same thing they've always done and if he Zach Thomas's his way out of the league oh well.

That's michael Oher thanks.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Spring Break My Heart posted:

That wasn't under the current GM though

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Luke would have come back last year if there had been any reason too.

They held him out because he's the most important player on the team.

Cam? Head on out there with your busted up shoulder and take kill shots, son.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

warcrimes posted:

The Cowboys need a pass rushing DE more than anything, Garrett's a perfect fit but this trade is never happening.

That plus they could use another 1-Tech and 3-Tech. Having good pass rushing defensive ends is cool but if you're rarely getting any push up the middle then QB's will just step up in the pocket and be able to maneuver in and out like Rodgers (or any decent QB).

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Wow, what's next, Deshaun Watson gets compared to a black QB?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm just saying, I know next to nothing about college football but I watched one video of his highlights and know he's got little beyond skin pigment in common with Danny Woodhead.

Dude's like half a foot taller then Woodhead.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

*NFL draft analyst thinks harder than he's ever thought before, sitting in silence for about 15 minutes* Lamar Jackson is like... Michael Vick

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Kalli posted:

I'm just saying, I know next to nothing about college football but I watched one video of his highlights and know he's got little beyond skin pigment in common with Danny Woodhead.

Dude's like half a foot taller then Woodhead.

Uh, he said BIGGER version. Sounds like he's got this one figured out.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Man its gonna take a while to get used to hearing/seeing this

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
How does someone get tickets to the draft? Philly is close enough to drive to and I'd like to boo with everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

No Irish Need Imply posted:

How does someone get tickets to the draft? Philly is close enough to drive to and I'd like to boo with everyone.

I think you just have to line up outside the building

• Locked thread