Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
it's not bad to think sometimes

especially with stuff that is very easy to think about :dukedoge:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
The people who buy these spreadsheets are min/maxing and are buying build guides for their IRL WoW characters.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I enjoy paying people for things that I find useful or enjoy. It feels good to support people you like.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Sounds like dum cumpster is a fin-dom.

Did back today, bw pullups, bb row from a landmine, cable pull down, machine seated row, plate loaded pulldowns, preacher, 21s for biceps. Now I am on the exercise bike shitposting, god bless you all.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Zzulu posted:

Do you really need a spreadsheet for this? A guide telling you what to eat every drat day

Like I honestly don't get it. Don't they have food labeling in America? Just look at the back of the foods package and you can see what's in it if you want to know what you're putting in yourself

It's not hard! It's not hard at all! And then you don't have to follow someone elses food guide, you can make your own :O

I won't begrudge people their spreadsheets, but when I cut I just prep all my food, know what I'm eating, and just write it down in a note on my phone.

If you eat similarly every day, you only need to make minor changes to it to see how your calorie intake changed.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I won't begrudge people their spreadsheets, but when I cut I just prep all my food, know what I'm eating, and just write it down in a note on my phone.

If you eat similarly every day, you only need to make minor changes to it to see how your calorie intake changed.

Yeah I hear soylent is great.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Does the spreadsheet at least have some cool VBA macros to show me what I need from nutritional macros?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Dum Cumpster posted:

Yeah I hear soylent is great.

I'd rather not try it, I have enough gas problems already. Don't wanna poo poo myself while squatting.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Zzulu posted:

Do you really need a spreadsheet for this? A guide telling you what to eat every drat day

Like I honestly don't get it. Don't they have food labeling in America? Just look at the back of the foods package and you can see what's in it if you want to know what you're putting in yourself

It's not hard! It's not hard at all! And then you don't have to follow someone elses food guide, you can make your own :O

It tells you how much protein, carbs and fat (as grams) you should be eating at what time, based on what you're doing that day (rest, light/moderate/heavy training) and what your goal is. There's multiple phases for cutting, maintenance etc.

For me, this makes meal planning very easy and reminds me how I should structure my meals every time. I have no problem paying someone with the knowledge to calculate all this for me.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

otoh until like 4pm yesterday I had only eaten a bunch of free cookies in the break room. workout actually felt pretty good! (carbs baby)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Metanaut posted:

It tells you how much protein, carbs and fat (as grams) you should be eating at what time, based on what you're doing that day (rest, light/moderate/heavy training) and what your goal is. There's multiple phases for cutting, maintenance etc.

For me, this makes meal planning very easy and reminds me how I should structure my meals every time. I have no problem paying someone with the knowledge to calculate all this for me.

beep boop

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

Goon Cast Dispersion! ...It didn't make sense :(

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Idk I always just set a calorie target and make sure to get enough portein.

Has anyone tried massages for joint/muscle health? On 5/3/1 and when recovery week hits I feel like a ball of inflamation.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Everyone talking poo poo about counting macros with a spread sheet post your physiques so I can tell you that you look like garbage

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Defiant Sally posted:

Everyone talking poo poo about counting macros with a spread sheet post your physiques so I can tell you that you look like garbage
I count my macros and calories with a spreadsheet and have a garbage physique.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Friday night leg day. Pray I don't snap my back clean in half.

E: 5x290 5x330 5x370 squats 3x12x275 deadlifts
Back status: destroyed

bamhand fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 11, 2017

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Found an old training log of mine from ~5 years ago. Just loving poverty numbers.

I was so fastidious with my logs then. Also I'd leave little notes for myself: "If I was a trainer I'd hire a hot chick to hit on my client after a few weeks of work. $$$$"

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Khorne posted:

I count my macros and calories with a spreadsheet and have a garbage physique.

I don't count calories or even train and I'm fat.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Saturday leg day as well. Leg curl, deadlift up to 505x1x3, bb walking lunge, leg press, leg ext, leg pull down machine. I never do calfs anymore, I had an injury on the outside of my right foot that kept getting agrevated by it so I quit a few months ago and havent gone back. Overall impact? Unnoticeable. gently caress calves.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Apparently I've been doing squats wrong this whole time.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQT7R23AJLF

canned from the band
Sep 13, 2007

I'm a man of intensity. Of cool, and youth, and passionately

when the next world war starts I don't wanna be on the other side to the russians

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

@blud1488

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Russian crossfitters are just as hosed in the head as American ones.

E: Deadlifts 5 3 1 up to 355, then stepped it down all the way to an empty bar for good measure, then rounded out with more leg work.

I can barely walk. Today is a good day to die.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Feb 11, 2017

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Nothing better than chalked up hands and pull ups. My hands without chalk are loving stupid and with chalk my grip is around twice as strong.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
People who don't know about chalk are neglecting such a necessary piece of equipment IMO. After using it for so long forgetting it is like lifting in dress shoes or something strange.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I walk in the gym and throw chalk in the air like lebron James

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
If you don't leave the gym with a bunch of chalk on the floor of wherever you've been you're not using enough chalk.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I eat the chalk.

Lmao of you aren't becoming one with the chalk.

Realtalk, my gym doesn't allow chalk and it makes me angry.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
I've never been to a gym with a "no chalk" policy that would confront you if you used chalk and didn't make a huge mess with it. I'd give it a shot.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Russian crossfitters are just as hosed in the head as American ones.

E: Deadlifts 5 3 1 up to 355, then stepped it down all the way to an empty bar for good measure, then rounded out with more leg work.

I can barely walk. Today is a good day to die.

I decided to do some 5/3/1 squats today followed by deads and isolation bullshit.

*hip flexors coalesce further into solid garbage*

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I eat the chalk.

Lmao of you aren't becoming one with the chalk.

Realtalk, my gym doesn't allow chalk and it makes me angry.

Just sneak some and use it in the bathroom

Anyone asks, you're doing cocaine

But you're actually lifting heavy :hehe:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
why not do both :shrug:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
some bro grabbed my tricep and asked if i was flexing (wasn't)

Khorne
May 1, 2002

TenementFunster posted:

some bro grabbed my tricep and asked if i was flexing (wasn't)
Triceps are an opportunity to flex 24/7.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Smeed posted:

People who don't know about chalk are neglecting such a necessary piece of equipment IMO. After using it for so long forgetting it is like lifting in dress shoes or something strange.

A chalkless double overhand grip is fine for my max deadlift.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Smeed posted:

??? Dress shoes have raised heels and a solid base. Great for squatting.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dum Cumpster posted:

??? Dress shoes have raised heels and a solid base. Great for squatting.

Exactly. It works but it's weird.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I get words!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Dum Cumpster posted:

I get words!

Fuken nerd imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
My benchpress is kinda okay (relatively speaking) but my squat is trash; bench 135, squat 140.

Tore my ACL twice in the last 3 years, was poo poo about doing rehab and squat was already low and eternally plateaud forever blah blah but I want to get out of the hole

Recently for a month I did this which got me out of my plateau a bit but want to do more low rep strength oriented stuff, is there some good program where I really do minimal upper body/chest poo poo?