Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Y'know what this stupid sunken water temple ship graveyard bullshit stage is just plain rear end.

Let's just place bottomless pits loving everywhere, let's just go nuts WHY NOT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What is "attack break"?

Just as I am talking about how much I love the kusarigama's high stance strong attack, I get a kusarigama that gives a bonus to high stance ki damage and strong attack break, lucky me

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
Wow, the Red Demon set off of Li is amazing. Is there a way to get the smithing text for it, or am I going to have to soul match this poo poo?

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Can anyone explain that weapon attribute that levels up attack with successful enemies defeated? How exactly does that work? It is it consecutive kills? What interrupts it? Why does it have a grade (I've seen B on axes, and D on other weapons).

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Kaldaris posted:

Wow, the Red Demon set off of Li is amazing. Is there a way to get the smithing text for it, or am I going to have to soul match this poo poo?

I think all of the bosses like that have a chance to drop each piece of the smithing text. You'll start running into enemies later that drop higher level versions of it though.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Okay this didn't become a problem until I started fighting nue but

Goddambit don't put your loving weapon away you dumb gently caress ROLL YOU FUCKIBG oval office ROLL

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Well I just faced my first ninja, holy shitfuck

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I've gotten into the habit of sheathing my weapon after a fight, and I want to answer this question that you might have had: there is no benefit or compensation for sheathing a living weapon. There is bonus to the wait time before the Amrita gauge starts filling or to how much the gauge will start at (always 0 for both). Don't waste it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Well I just faced my first ninja, holy shitfuck

I actually found those pretty underwhelming. Just put up your guard and let them empty their tiny stamina-pools before you empty their tiny health-pools.

My first Twilight mission was quite something, though. Apart from anything else, you don't get kodama bonuses on them, so you're stuck with three elixirs every time you spawn and severely reduced opportunities to find more.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Muneshiggy you cocksucking piece of poo poo.

I am committed to killing him without cheese but goddammit he cheats.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Is there a discord just for Nioh?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

I actually found those pretty underwhelming. Just put up your guard and let them empty their tiny stamina-pools before you empty their tiny health-pools.

Yeah I fought a bunch of them in the third main mission and the human ones are OK, but since I did the sub-mission for the second level first where you have to fight one that's all Yokai-ed up while four other enemies are trying to kill you it kind of added to the difficulty

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Alteisen posted:

Muneshiggy you cocksucking piece of poo poo.

I am committed to killing him without cheese but goddammit he cheats.

Embrace the rock.

Love the rock.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bussamove posted:

Embrace the rock.

Love the rock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VKIITdWNqI

No rocks where harmed in the making of this video.

Now to keep farming him cause I need his loving bow. :suicide:

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Thumbtacks posted:

Is there a discord just for Nioh?

Should be in the OP.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is the Guardian Talisman supposed to be cool because it actually seems lame

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is the Guardian Talisman supposed to be cool because it actually seems lame

Depends on your guardian. I murder bosses with like six casts of it in a row and high magic. But again, it depends on your build and guardian.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Hey can't wait to play this afte burning out a little bit on Bloodborne.

I couldn't beat father glascowgne 35+ times in a row so I thought I'd just take that frustration to a new game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

UGH every time I fight a boss and get near to killing them I end up using Living Weapon thinking I can finish it quick, screw everything up because I don't know the timing of any of my moves, then I'm back to normal and dead in half a second

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

UGH every time I fight a boss and get near to killing them I end up using Living Weapon thinking I can finish it quick, screw everything up because I don't know the timing of any of my moves, then I'm back to normal and dead in half a second

I feel like 90% of people's deaths against bosses in these kinds of games is "he's almost dead, no need to be cautious anym... gently caress!"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Okay I think I know what's annoying the gently caress out of me about this game compared to :darksouls:

The gently caress knocking stamina system. When you face bosses it's basically just loving you over that much more. One more handicap the ds system never had

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

So Amazon is dumb and apparently sent me another code because mine doesn't work but totally did?

BQDH-LJNG-28_J

Missing letter is the first letter of goon.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Count Bleck posted:

So Amazon is dumb and apparently sent me another code because mine doesn't work but totally did?

BQDH-LJNG-28_J

Missing letter is the first letter of goon.

Taken, thank you! :)

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Well shiggy dropped his sword but I need the loving BOW.

If I get the bow I have all the pieces. :woop:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Apparently I missed a few side missions in the first zone so I did those and level 20 Twilight missions at like level 80. Playing through low level stuff when you're strong as gently caress turns this into a Dynasty Warriors game and it's kinda fun!

e: Dynasty Warriors But Actually Good to clarify

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Yodzilla posted:

e: Dynasty Warriors But Actually Good to clarify

So Dynasty Warriors then.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Nue isn't even hard why the gently caress

:negative:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Can someone tell me the logic of why white boy autobhostlers his weapon again

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
The night of the boss fight, you might accidentally holster your weapon when you try to dodge. That's just Dark Souls loving with you. gently caress Dark Souls. Dark Souls only hurts, it never helps.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I don't think I can beat Yuki-Onna. Her charge-impale attack has drat near no tell and if you're not in i-frames when she does it you get hit. I just can't keep up with the sheer amount of perfect dodges this fight expects from me.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Mission 3 complete! I'm at 223 deaths in 16 h 9 m. The midboss was actually much more difficult for me than the boss. It's just like in Bloodborne, big beasts always gave me a harder time than the humanoid bosses

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I sincerely hope they patch this poo poo, makes soul match kinda pointless.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Man, the Red Demon Armor is rad as hell, but I'd have to respec points out of Strength into Skill to be able to use it and I don't know if I can commit to light armor yet. :ohdear: Won't I get owned too hard when I inevitably get hit?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
So is this game Good? I liked all the souls games. What's the consensus now that it's been out for a bit?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Having a lot of fun with it myself as another played and liked the Souls series person.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Harrow posted:

I don't think I can beat Yuki-Onna. Her charge-impale attack has drat near no tell and if you're not in i-frames when she does it you get hit. I just can't keep up with the sheer amount of perfect dodges this fight expects from me.

Be farther away from her and let her use it to come to you! Or be closer and she won't use it iirc. It's the only tricky thing to dodge in her arsenal. You can block the ranged crap and her melee stuff is pretty easy to dodge otherwise.

redreader posted:

So is this game Good? I liked all the souls games. What's the consensus now that it's been out for a bit?

Game is good.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

redreader posted:

It is good. Notably different combat from the Souls games. Level design isn't as good, but the combat is awesome as hell and really satisfying.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Be farther away from her and let her use it to come to you! Or be closer and she won't use it iirc. It's the only tricky thing to dodge in her arsenal. You can block the ranged crap and her melee stuff is pretty easy to dodge otherwise.

In true Souls-ish tradition, the first attempt after I complained about her in the thread, I got her. I feel like that's the one constant: as soon as I out myself as a scrub, I win the fight.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I wish there was an option in the menu to turn on a health/stamina bar over your head like the one enemies have. It'd make Ki pulse timing so much easier. I get hit a lot because I'm looking at the top left so I can do a Ki pulse, because the sparks around William are just too vague for me.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
https://twitter.com/TweetingForOne/status/830307862542905346

i thought this boss was supposed to be hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I love it when an armor combo made out of a bunch of different stuff ends up looking good. This one is a combination of the Western Warlord set and the Frontline Armor set.