Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

orange juche posted:

Pretty much the same across all branches then.

I wasn't even joking with the "Of Excellence" with the thread title, the army seriously decided to just call everything blah blah blah "Of Excellence" one year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
like the US Army MANSCEN (MANEUVER AND SUPPORT CENTER OF EXCELLENCE) Center

compared to what exactly I dont loving know but on Fort Leonard Wood it's known as the MANSCEN building

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I wasn't even joking with the "Of Excellence" with the thread title, the army seriously decided to just call everything blah blah blah "Of Excellence" one year

Oh yeah no our half-cooked-food chow hall was "Of Excellence" ditto with the enlisted barracks that were completely ate up with black mold and water damage, the solution to which was just paint over it and pretend it didn't exist.

Pretty sure all the branches can come together in hatred/jealousy of the air force with their excellent on-base facilities and barracks/rec facilities/gyms.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Elmendorf dfac was gorgeous. Ramstein one was average.

Tinker's sucked.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
the craziest thing to me was recently learning that the people in the USAF that work at the gyms was literally their MOS and not shitbags tasked out lol

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
in USAREC we frequently went to the Fairchild AFB and that poo poo was loving culture shock to me

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

the craziest thing to me was recently learning that the people in the USAF that work at the gyms was literally their MOS and not shitbags tasked out lol

LMAO 3M0X1 is pretty much the same as Ships Serviceman in the navy, but at least we still sent shitbags TDY to work the gyms and stuff

quote:

The Airman Services Career Field is a contingency-related field. Personnel serving in this career field may participate in recovery operations as a result of natural and manmade disasters. Also, they may be subject to deployment and employment in hostile environments created by terrorism, sabotage, or chemical, biological, or conventional warfare.

You will need to be able to operate equipment and follow procedures to provide food, shelter, laundry, first aid, field sanitation and hygiene, mortuary service, recreation, and physical fitness to deployed forces.

I wonder if civvies can read that and figure out that you are the ball bitch at the gym.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Feb 11, 2017

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
that all sounds like

feel good as gently caress but lol that it translates to signing out basketballs lol

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i accidentally clicked on ADTRW and thought I had developed dyslexia or something looking at the thread titles for a moment

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Signing out basketballs would've been a better use of my time in

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
For sure I'd agree with that but I'm just imagining like the leadership in that field.

I had a 0% loss rate on Basketballs for FY16 :smug: as an ncoer bullet and poo poo

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

For sure I'd agree with that but I'm just imagining like the leadership in that field.

I had a 0% loss rate on Basketballs for FY16 :smug: as an ncoer bullet and poo poo

I love how much thought you've put into this. You brighten my day and bring me good humor while I'm feeling hosed up. You're awesome HCT

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Pesticide20 posted:

You're awesome HCT

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

The DFAC on Pope was worth the drive and the dirty looks. During lunch there were probably more Army guys getting WAY TOO MUCH FOOD with their meal card than loving Airmen.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
:siren: https://twitter.com/ChuckTingle/status/830238292595470340?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw :siren:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Pesticide20 posted:

You're awesome HCT

:agreed:

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUvs4n4s_3o

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

It's a DoD thing. Centers of Excellence were/are created in response to a serious lack of [whatever]. There's a ton of them in medical, I work for several.

In typical DoD fashion, they kneejerk and create these places, throw way too much money at them, then scale them back until they're barely functional.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Vasudus posted:

It's a DoD thing. Centers of Excellence were/are created in response to a serious lack of [whatever]. There's a ton of them in medical, I work for several.

In typical DoD fashion, they kneejerk and create these places, throw way too much money at them, then scale them back until they're barely functional.

~*~EXCELLENCE~*~

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
They put ADA in field artillery into a single FIRES CENTER OF EXCELLENCE at Ft Sill and kicked ADA out of Ft Bliss because parking a missile launcher and staring at a radar is the same as howitzer ballistics yup

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Chuck Tingle loves Katy Perry too

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

orange juche posted:

I have a question, does this DFAC boast about a 5 star rating like the chow hall on base in Japan did?

Go on Yelp or Google maps to find the truth. Although, it may be better to stay ignorant...

I just PCS'd, when I was trying to find my way back to my new duty station my phone died and I was in the middle of nowhere.

I was idling in a gas station parking lot when, like a guiding angel, I saw a bright yellow Jeep with a bunch of decals pull in. Molon Labe, the Punisher skull, the loving Juggalo axe guy. There was no doubt in my mind who I needed to follow to get back.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Jesus a Chuck Tingle live appearance? I'm not sure I'm ready. I'm not sure I want to know what he looks like because I'm not sure it can compete with the vision in my mind.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Zeris, what are you doing to prepare for this television appearance?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Zeris, what are you doing to prepare for this television appearance?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Are you going to wear a moustache? You totally should.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i watched to movie "chopper" last night, about infamous australian criminal mark "chopper" read, as portrayed by eric bana and a rubber cock. after watching said film, i read a wiki about this guy, and not only did it reveal that 90% of the movie was made up bullshit, but it also left me wondering why a nation of criminals living on a prison island would be so enamored with such a loving doofy loser

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Holy poo poo the Lego Batman Movie. So good. Go see it. And John Wick 2, see that as well.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
aussies ain't bright

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

maffew buildings posted:

aussies ain't bright

Like half their island is above 105 degrees F.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Like half their island is above 105 degrees F.

In February

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

to be fair, it is summer for them

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

to be fair, it is summer for them

:nutshot:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

loving hemispheres, how do they work?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

loving hemispheres, how do they work?

:ughh:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
End of summer though. Around Christmas is typically the hottest day.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

still love you, my schizo jewish weed liege

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

still love you, my schizo jewish weed liege

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I feel like in the current political environment we could really use a BAD DUDES II, but instead of having a cheeseburger with donald after saving Ivanka from Ninjas he morphs into the final boss and you fight him too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Whats up tonight nerds.
I'm doing my semi annual get drunk and think about grad school thing, and listening to jams to keep from killing myself.

(not literally, I'm a pretty happy dude, just career stuff sucks, and the idea of grad school is terrifying/depressing af, but seems kind of necessary)

Anyhow,
Band of Horses are my current obsession, and they had an awesome album come out last year. Anyhow, here is an accoustic version of their lead single thats pretty dope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTXosD9n0UA

• Locked thread