Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I doubt showing Donald dropping a grenade on a mosque means to show him in a positive light.

Turns out I was so fixated on the Israel that I didn't look at the drat picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

But they're still enablers and pushovers?

Did he recycle this toon? Because he erased the last digit of the year and forgot to fill it back in.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Did he recycle this toon? Because he erased the last digit of the year and forgot to fill it back in.
Generally the signature and copyright info is a separate image they paste in. He probably forgot to save a template with the new year, and keeps deleting the 6 and putting in a 7 but forgot the latter because two Pulitzers.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

You may remember, but for a while recently Latuff colored on a slightly-opaque layer over the linework with a large round brush and it looked really crude. I barely recall someone on twitter asking him about it and his response was basically "kiss my rear end"

:nws:here's an example, of exemplary latuffness:nws:

Honestly watercolor markers are a step up from that, in my opinion.

In quality if not content

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Al Franken did it better.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

You may remember, but for a while recently Latuff colored on a slightly-opaque layer over the linework with a large round brush and it looked really crude. I barely recall someone on twitter asking him about it and his response was basically "kiss my rear end"

:nws:here's an example, of exemplary latuffness:nws:

Honestly watercolor markers are a step up from that, in my opinion.

the GBS "cuck" meme

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Hey, there's the Tim Kreider levels of spite people were hoping for already!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

loquacius posted:

the GBS "cuck" meme

Nah, Latuff loves threesomes and loves telling us about it

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Trump is the literal embodiment of everything Latuff hates about the US. You'd think his caricature of him would be more hateful.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Good to see Eli Valley around here again, shame it has to be in the context of Steve Bannon.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Nah, Latuff loves threesomes and loves telling us about it

I mean, yes, but that did not look like a threesome

Internet Kraken posted:

Trump is the literal embodiment of everything Latuff hates about the US. You'd think his caricature of him would be more hateful.

Latuff is even worse at making distinctions between different American politicians than Ted Rall. As far as he's concerned they're all the same dude.

simonwolf
Oct 29, 2011

here's a loose translation:
[PANEL 1]
TRUMP: That's your ball, Abe.
ABE: The ball is too big, and the hole is too small.
[PANEL 2]
ABE: The ball and hole are different?
TRUMP: That's right! America first.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pants Donkey posted:

To defend Latuff, he does make his cartoons with the expectation that they'll end up on protest signs, and that's not exactly where one goes for subtlety.
It is apparently where one goes for antisemitism, if that's his excuse.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Angepain posted:

Turns out I was so fixated on the Israel that I didn't look at the drat picture

Right now most countries, including the US, have their embassies based in Tel Aviv. Netanyahu and his Likud Party have been trying to get the international community to recognize Jerusalem as the diplomatic capital of Israel, and it looks like Trump is going to jump on it, which is a slap to the face of Palestinians since it goes against the 1949 treaty.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Angepain posted:

Hey maybe I just filter it out but you know what we haven't seen much of lately? Thread favourite master of subtlety Carlos Latuff! Let's see what he's been up to.

Not wrong.

quote:

Donald Trump is bad

Not wrong.

quote:

Another one for the Statue of Liberty pile.

Not wrong.

quote:

Donald Trump is bad also Netanyahu

Not inaccurate.

quote:

Donald Trump is... maybe good? But only if he pisses off Netanyahu

Also not inaccurate.

quote:

No really Netenyahu is bad

Not devoid of merit.

quote:

...you sure about this one, Carlos? You sure?

quote:

Also there was a few others about Brazil which I'm too ignorant to translate/interpret to any level of detail

:shrug:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
As AGC as it gets.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

As AGC as it gets.
Holy poo poo this is a whole new world of things I thought were a universal good that other people don't.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Lol what mandate, Drinky? It's less than a month and Trump's basically burned up all of his political capital on a failed Muslim ban and a botched military operation that's like, at least 7 Benghazi's.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Holy poo poo this is a whole new world of things I thought were a universal good that other people don't.

Lester is a more 'open' fascist than his peers, and has been for a long, long time.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Excuse me, what?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
"Well I want to cut taxes!"

"Well *I* want to spend $21 billion on a wall!"

"Well WE want to defund Planned Parenthood!"

"Ah hell, let's do all three! Great compromise, folks!"

Fates End
Oct 17, 2009

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

As AGC as it gets.

Oh no! They're... upholding... the... Constitution? :shepface:

I mean, holy poo poo, he's not even trying to make it look like A Bad Thing.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

I, too, remember all the times the GOP compromised with Obama, such as

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

Excuse me, what?
He's suggesting that the gop will cave to Dems, which A) ignores the past eight years and B) whoops delays bites ya in the rear end again

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Dear Trump,

I can solve your problem.

the mistake you made was lack of automatization. Instead of signing a single EO, you should have made a computer program to generate a million of almost identical EO's banning Moose Lambs and digitally sign these. The 9th Circuit had to replicate a similar process or need 14 million days to declare them all null.

Your friendo.
--me.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Tei posted:

Dear Trump,

I can solve your problem.

the mistake you made was lack of automatization. Instead of signing a single EO, you should have made a computer program to generate a million of almost identical EO's banning Moose Lambs and digitally sign these. The 9th Circuit had to replicate a similar process or need 14 million days to declare them all null.

Your friendo.
--me.

The court does not appreciate the executive branch DDoS attacking them.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

I'm morbidly enjoying Trump's insanity emboldening guys like Lester into flatly calling for the US to become a dictatorship.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Sandpuppy posted:

I'm morbidly enjoying Trump's insanity emboldening guys like Lester into flatly calling for the US to become a dictatorship.

To make sure this don't happen again, every fallout shelter will come with educative movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EISWIY9bG8

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

As AGC as it gets.

I can't imagine a world where this is intended as anything other than the AGC version, but I know it's Lester and the courts upholding due process is somehow......bad????

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Sandpuppy posted:

The US being allowed to do whatever the gently caress it wants under a veneer of legalism has always been a mainstay of right-wingers. When the Iraq war was getting started, one person said it was justified 'because of the Monroe Doctrine'.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

As AGC as it gets.

Guest Writer: Red Panels

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I got to admit I'm a bit slow today (it's 45 Celsius and my brain is hosed) - can someone spell this one out to me?

E: why does the court of appeals giving Trump the gently caress-off mean the rest of the world gets due process and that's bad?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Starshark posted:

I got to admit I'm a bit slow today (it's 45 Celsius and my brain is hosed) - can someone spell this one out to me?

E: why does the court of appeals giving Trump the gently caress-off mean the rest of the world gets due process and that's bad?

Everyone is a terrorist.

Mike Lester: "Civil liberties: bad. Steel-toed boot lodged in my urethra: drive it deeper Mr. 45th!"

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

Ho ho! Here I flutter above it, this menial, ultimately inconsequential muttering! Indeed, I steady myself with true, rockhard goodstuff, things that adults - yes,Adults!!! - would occupy themselves with, and upon the the wind i do wait

and wait

and wait

until it is good and RIGHT of me to descend and do mutter "Yet what of the white man's plight?????"

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Starshark posted:

I think the comic artist intention was:

"Judges "overreach" by giving foreigners protection from usa law is bad because they are not usa citizens"

"Judges are on a tripping power run"

"Only Trump should have this level of superpowers".

A Dumb Cartoon.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

The point of the cartoon is that the judges are giving due process to non-us citizens, who are not protected under the constitution. It's the lovely argument used to justify the ban.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Retromancer posted:

The point of the cartoon is that the judges are giving due process to non-us citizens, who are not protected under the constitution. It's the lovely argument used to justify the ban.

Ah, so dumb and wrong.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

See also: the lovely arguments about how the international laws of war don't apply to terrorists (and ergo "allows" us to torture and indefinitely detain them).

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Starshark posted:

Ah, so dumb and wrong.

And outright fascist. But we should expect no less from a man who beats his wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Jedit posted:

And outright fascist. But we should expect no less from a man who beats his wife.

But enough about Steve Bannon...

• Locked thread