Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Ok now that's pretty dope. Now I am gonna have to spend some time thinking up emblems.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
I saw a dude with what looked like a pikachu face peering out of the shield :3: I wish I had taken a screenshot, it owned.

Few more good ones I've seen:

I'm probably going to use that last one.

edit: holy poo poo, which one of you did this

panda clue fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Feb 11, 2017

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Jesus...

This one was pretty obvious in retrospect. It also looks really good in game.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So I just figured out that you can roll backwards while locked on. You just have to double tap the spacebar while holding back.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What am I doing wrong with the peacekeeper? I'll guardbreak someone, stab them ONCE and then that's it

How do I get my full 3 stabs in?

The tutorial says I have to "time the stabs right" but I don't know what that means. Time it to what

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Zzulu posted:

What am I doing wrong with the peacekeeper? I'll guardbreak someone, stab them ONCE and then that's it

The tutorial says I have to "time the stabs right" but I don't know what that means. Time it to what

I recommend going into a custom game against a level 0 AI and just try it until you get it working

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

just be yourself and you'll be fine
Pillbug
I knew the timing by heart because I had had it done to me so many times.

I don't think there is any indicator for it.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Zzulu posted:

You need to press the button to stab again after the first stab completes in full(then once again for the second stab). It's one of those things where once you get the timing you basically won't botch it ever again.

As an aside I also did up a little walkthrough guide for the Kensei:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJqT9JEvQvU

If you've already been playing the class for a bit probably not going to teach you anything you don't already know but for people who haven't played him yet maybe it will help you out.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Zzulu posted:

Quoting myself from earlier:

panda clue posted:

You need to go into practice mode with a dummy bot that will just stand there for a short bit to figure out the timing. If you just spam stab after you grab someone, you will break off after the first stab. If you time the button 3 times in a row just right (in cadence with the actual stabbing animation), you'll get them. After a little practice you'll start to rarely miss all three.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Little detail I just realized: the location on the faction map of the battle affects the map during the game, e.g. if it is up in the mountains it will be snowy etc.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
If spamming taunt as a Conqueror is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I'm having the hardest time getting the Warden's shoulder bash mixup off.

I practice the timing on level 0 and 1 bots, but I can't seem to get it off against people that fight backbone.

Is there some trick I'm missing?

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Aww man I download this but get kicked for having low FPS. Thought I could get by with doing 1v1 matches but it still kicks me. That's dumb as poo poo.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
Really enjoying the gameplay if the game actually loving allows me to enjoy it via a functioning matchmaking system. I'm in the queue forever without finding a game. Apparently I live on the wrong continent (europe) for videogames

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

lalaland posted:

Really enjoying the gameplay if the game actually loving allows me to enjoy it via a functioning matchmaking system. I'm in the queue forever without finding a game. Apparently I live on the wrong continent (europe) for videogames

I'm european and the queues are just seconds long

Try restarting the game or something, it's obviously a bug cuz there are a lot of euros playing this

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Man the knightly order is getting our asses handed to us. No holy land for us.

Also ITT goons who want to debate the game but never actually play with each other. I'm willing to duel anyone who wants to learn the game better or discuss tactics but the mumble channel is empty.

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Feb 11, 2017

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I can play this game against bots, it's pretty fun. Even level 3 bots fall to my mighty viking axe

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Top right is the Norwegian coat of arms, which is pretty much just the Lannister lion with an axe.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

This is inspiring.

EDIT: what the gently caress are you supposed to do against headbutts and shieldbashes? As far as I can tell they can't be parried.

I think your two options are dodge or roll away.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I quite like this game, it's more interesting than the millionth point control fps my friends want to play and I can play on controller so I'm not garbage terrible.

However literally every time so far we've all tried to play together one or more of us has been repeatedly kicked from games and we haven't been able to play more than 2 minutes as a whole group.

Also there are like 6 maps and 3 game modes and no servers? For £40.

Cool game but gonna wait for the sequel.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I'm having a lot of fun with this game.
The controls feel fine to me.
P2P seems fine to me and I haven't had any issues with it. (yet)
1v1 is fun, 2v2 is fun, dominion is fun, 4v4 is a little too much for my taste due to having to wait until the match is done when you die and how long the match can go with rezing but whatever.
The 60$ price tag isn't unreasonable to me because you get a campaign, a decent number of multiplayer modes and a year's worth of free content support.
I mostly play nobushi, conquerer and berzerker

And I spent a lot of time making an emblem.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

You gotta love it when people run and very conspicuously stand next to a cliff, because they can't hack it in a regular fight. Just makes it even more satisfying when they get their comeuppance:
http://i.imgur.com/TZz3OKU.mp4

Also, I'll never get tired of this bug:
http://i.imgur.com/lLxMDlf.mp4

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Apparently I can play 1v1s without getting kicked by turning down my resolution. Pretty fun!

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Perestroika posted:

You gotta love it when people run and very conspicuously stand next to a cliff, because they can't hack it in a regular fight. Just makes it even more satisfying when they get their comeuppance:
http://i.imgur.com/TZz3OKU.mp4

Also, I'll never get tired of this bug:
http://i.imgur.com/lLxMDlf.mp4

Bug??

Or

Feature?

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
Really enjoying the 1v1 component of the game, and to a lesser extent the 2v2 'honor' battles that occur but i've started to hit the games skill ceiling with the feint-guardblock-light attack stun lock combo destroying me.

So if anybody in Australia is interested in 1v1 battles add "ohsosad" and i'll do my best to help you out or failing that ( you destroying me) you can help me out!

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy
This game really doesn't do a great job in compensating for my not so great internet connection, which is sad because I am probably not going to spend 60 bucks only to fight bots, as fun as that is.

Also I think all internet/forums disputes should from now on be settled by 1v1 For Honor duels.

skit herre fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Feb 11, 2017

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Some thoughts:

All three Knight classes are great, Conquerors are ridiculous fun when you get a rhythm against someone and demolish them.
The Peacekeeper guardbreak-stab-stab-stab combo does way too much loving damage.

I really wish they'd put the missing classes in. I want to play the Lawbringer.

Pubbies getting weepy over ~b-b-but honor~ in 2v2 or, even loving worse, 4v4, is dumb as gently caress and I will endeavor to be as much of a backstabbing gently caress as possible to harvest their salty, salty tears.

It seems like such a simple fix to give these people what they actually want though and hell, I'd like it to - 1v1 lobbies. Join a 1 v 1 Duel alone or in a group, go into a lobby, rotate through. Winner stays in, loser goes back to spectating.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I think the 2v2s are good how they are. If you want to treat a team mate winning as having an extra life if you lose, go for it, if you want to turn the matches into a greaser knife fight your opponents will for sure do the same next round anyway.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

It seems like such a simple fix to give these people what they actually want though and hell, I'd like it to - 1v1 lobbies. Join a 1 v 1 Duel alone or in a group, go into a lobby, rotate through. Winner stays in, loser goes back to spectating.

This would be a nice feature. A King of the Hill mode where everyone can just sit in the lobby and spectate the fighters would do well, it worked for DOA4 at least.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Locking on / blocking just seems detrimental. Ive had better luck sprinting and rolling and occasionally spamming left click on people. Also the animations for killing the npc grunts own, I wish there was a dynasty warriors style mode just against them

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I'd love to see a 1v1 lobby mode yeah. I think this game is pretty much made for 1v1 fighting, the other stuff.. is probably better in a game like mount and blade.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

is there any use, in a 4v4, for staying in A or C to "boost" the points.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Panzeh posted:

I'd love to see a 1v1 lobby mode yeah. I think this game is pretty much made for 1v1 fighting, the other stuff.. is probably better in a game like mount and blade.

Dominion has a surprising amount of depth tbh.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
This game reminds me of the Deadliest Warrior fighting game for the xbox 360, did anyone ever play that? poo poo was the best for getting stoned and repeatedly murdering your room mates

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

MinibarMatchman posted:

It's actually really important, especially for the Heavy class characters.

Your team starts gaining 2 points per second instead of 1 for that zone. They start adding up fast.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

MinibarMatchman posted:

1) Having any team member stand at A or C increases the point gain per tick from +1 to +2 on your team score. This is a binary modifier, no stacking.

2) Anyone who is boosting a point gets a gradual renown gain while doing so (this gives you in-game "exp" towards unlocking feats).

3) "Heavy" class characters get significantly more renown from part 2 (but are the same as anyone else for part 1) and can unlock feats quite quickly by doing so.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Psycho Society posted:

This game reminds me of the Deadliest Warrior fighting game for the xbox 360, did anyone ever play that? poo poo was the best for getting stoned and repeatedly murdering your room mates

DW ruled, hucking a spear or ripping out a pistol at the beginning of the match and immediately ending it with a wild headshot never got old

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

1) Having any team member stand at A or C increases the point gain per tick from +1 to +2 on your team score. This is a binary modifier, no stacking.

2) Anyone who is boosting a point gets a gradual renown gain while doing so (this gives you in-game "exp" towards unlocking feats).

3) "Heavy" class characters get significantly more renown from part 2 (but are the same as anyone else for part 1) and can unlock feats quite quickly by doing so.

Yeah I got that, did that as one of the big guys, I just felt bad defending the point whilst my team was 3v4 but maybe I was also dumb for not going back and forth between clearing B and defending C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

MinibarMatchman posted:

Yeah I got that, did that as one of the big guys, I just felt bad defending the point whilst my team was 3v4 but maybe I was also dumb for not going back and forth between clearing B and defending C

Well if you mean strategically then yes I think it's a sound strategy for a team to have a Heavy who is dedicated to guarding their home point, at least until they level a bit.