Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Rhyno posted:

Like, I'm due for a break soon right?

As I have detailed in the past, I had no great love for the man. Hell I honestly did hate him for the bulk of our interactions. He was a hypocrite and a coward and refused to fight his own interpersonal battles.

BUT.

He was my girlfriend's father and she's absolutely shattered so any and everything I felt is getting chucked out the window. I will now endeavor to never say a bad thing about the man again.

Privately we'll join you one last time in saying "gently caress that guy." If he couldn't see past his nose to accept you then the world is better without him.

You get to enjoy what he created and left behind, so now you can put that poo poo aside and be grateful for him in a roundabout way. Good on you for being the better man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

ilkhan posted:

The story is mediocre and the fight scenes never stop and yet they are utterly predictable. I called a specific move at one point and it happened 2 seconds later. Meh.
John Wick 1 was super predictable and it was great. Protip: he will shoot guys in the head and hang out with a dog in his mustang.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

ilkhan posted:

The story is mediocre and the fight scenes never stop and yet they are utterly predictable. I called a specific move at one point and it happened 2 seconds later. Meh.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I've determined I need a stupid project. Something that involved a engine swap. I'm really, really tired of rotaries. Well, not enough to say toss a 20b into a Jaguar, but still. I need something awesome in my life. This has lead to me perusing the grassrootmotorsports build threads. God help me.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Rhyno posted:

Like, I'm due for a break soon right?

As I have detailed in the past, I had no great love for the man. Hell I honestly did hate him for the bulk of our interactions. He was a hypocrite and a coward and refused to fight his own interpersonal battles.

BUT.

He was my girlfriend's father and she's absolutely shattered so any and everything I felt is getting chucked out the window. I will now endeavor to never say a bad thing about the man again.

Sometimes that's what you've got to do. No good comes from badmouthing the dead to their grieving family. I'm sorry so much seems to be making GBS threads on you and yours lately, Rhyno.

ilkhan posted:

Honestly, I'm there to see Keanu Reeves fight a motherfucker. There are only so many new set pieces in gun opera, anyway.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Feb 11, 2017

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Well gently caress. Just found out a longtime friend died.

Friend sent me a message on Facebook telling me to look at mutual friend's wall. Post from his dad asking everyone to respect the family's privacy. Friend has talked to his dad and confirmed he's dead.

No idea what happened; I'd guess it's either car related (since 5.0 Mustang) or an overdose.

e: his dad just confirmed his death over IM to me. :smith:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Feb 11, 2017

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Dire Straits - Telegraph Road

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Rhyno, if you need to chat, you know where to get me. poo poo will get better.

However...... this.... this is just get hosed WHAT THE HELL gently caress THIS poo poo

I've been in metal forging workshop cooler than just stepping outside

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Feb 11, 2017

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Any Memphis goons know of either a decent hostel or really cheap hotel? All I care about is ac, probably going to be there for 1 night (maybe 2 at the most).

e: upside is I've always wanted to visit Memphis

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Feb 11, 2017

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Any Memphis goons know of either a decent hostel or really cheap hotel? All I care about is ac, probably going to be there for 1 night (maybe 2 at the most).

If you get a chance, hit up Central BBQ. They're the tits.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Cage posted:

John Wick 1 was super predictable and it was great. Protip: he will shoot guys in the head and hang out with a dog in his mustang.

This is all I want from the film, the most basic of plots in order to orchestrate carnage of the shoot manz variety.

If it stays true to the previous one's visual style I'll be happy, some of the set lighting particularly in the club scene was superb.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Cage posted:

There were precisely to moments in the entire JW1 that gave me mild surprise;

1) "He's reloaded again?"
2) "Two guys from The Wire? Nice that they are still getting work, I miss The Wire that was a good series, they don't have stuff like that very often, man I should watch it again, oh here's a plot point, back to the movie, okay got it, now where did I put my The Wire DVDs?"

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I'm fishing for idiots on facebook. A comedy account posted up about Katie Hopkins who is a terrible person, it was filled with so many ridiculous insults and names.

A dude posts up;
"aww what's wrong snowflake don't like other peoples opinion, little bitch, typical keyboard warrior, Katie Hopkins speaks the truth, Donald trump is the best thing to happen to America..."

"...it's people like him [the comedy account] that don't respect other people's opinions..."

I cast bait in reply after noticing he was in the military;
An opinion (which according to your logic must be respected); it's a pity you never stepped on an ied.

Dude flipped the gently caress out, sent me personal messages about killing me, suggesting I gently caress kids and completely missed the point I was making about hypocrisy. I can't work on the car because it's pissing it down but this is pretty fun I guess. God people are dumb. :v:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Well gently caress. Just found out a longtime friend died.

Annnnd just got to tell his on again/off again GF. That went about as badly as you can expect.

Kill me now.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I'm fishing for idiots on facebook. A comedy account posted up about Katie Hopkins who is a terrible person, it was filled with so many ridiculous insults and names.

A dude posts up;
"aww what's wrong snowflake don't like other peoples opinion, little bitch, typical keyboard warrior, Katie Hopkins speaks the truth, Donald trump is the best thing to happen to America..."

"...it's people like him [the comedy account] that don't respect other people's opinions..."

An opinion (which according to your logic must be respected); it's a pity you never stepped on an ied.

Dude flipped the gently caress out, sent me personal messages about killing me, suggesting I gently caress kids and completely missed the point I was making about hypocrisy. I can't work on the car because it's pissing it down but this is pretty fun I guess. God people are dumb. :v:

Congrats on being an internet troll.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I'm fishing for idiots on facebook.

Talk about shooting fish in a barrel

Larrymer posted:

Honestly, it's one of the most fun things you can do online, along with griefing in games.

"You can't use that weapon, it's cheap and overpowered you noob, only losers use it" :rolleyes:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

KozmoNaut posted:

Honestly, it's one of the most fun things you can do online, along with griefing in games.

"You can't use that weapon, it's cheap and overpowered you noob, only losers use it" :rolleyes:

That's not griefing, that's shot shaming.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
trolling is cool

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Going out of your way to bring other people down is a bit hosed up. Get another pastime.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Liquid Communism posted:

Honestly, I'm there to see Keanu Reeves fight a motherfucker. There are only so many new set pieces in gun opera, anyway.
Agreed, but it could have been a good movie so easily, and it just wasn't. The first 10 minutes were great. Then it dragged on through another 112 minutes of bleh. It wasn't bad. It just wasn't good.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Larrymer posted:

Going out of your way to bring other people down is a bit hosed up. Get another pastime.

...but it's my profession??

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Seat Safety Switch posted:

What I mean is that it's really fun to use the best weapons and completely own people, just to piss of the wankers who make up their own rules.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Larrymer posted:

At least he actually is trolling. It annoys me that people seem to have adapted the term to mean anyone being a dick online, when it's a specific thing.

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007
Sorry Rhyno, sorry STR :sympathy:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

The bad news -- I only know of one hostel - Pilgrim House

The good news -- it's pretty good!

Let me know when you're in town - if I'm free (and in town) I'd be glad to meet up

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Rhyno that's a punch in the balls. As a father of a little girl I would take comfort knowing that she had a good man that would be there for her if I was gone. You're a good dude and he may not have approved of you while living but she is very blessed to have you now.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

A dude posts up;

it's like you're applying logic to an inherently logicless system i dunno

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Goober Peas posted:

The bad news -- I only know of one hostel - Pilgrim House

The good news -- it's pretty good!

Let me know when you're in town - if I'm free (and in town) I'd be glad to meet up

Would you believe DFW only has 1, and it's basically an old (1950 according to county tax records) 2 bedroom/1 bathroom house with a couple of bunk beds thrown in?

I checked out Pilgrim House last night, looks downright nice. I don't know if I'll have a chance to socialize any, I'll probably only be there for ~24 hours. But if I wind up staying a little longer I'll hit you up.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Yeah, it's not my fault that the sniper rifle is garbage but I can 360 noscope people at 400y with a short-barrelled 12ga loaded with buckshot. That's just poor game design.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Anyone recognise this electrical connector?

It's for an Engine Coolant Temperature sender for my LPG system.

The sensor itself is a propriety one for the manufacturer, BRC (It is marked: 110R000084/67R010262-CLASS2 and is a 17mm head), but I am hoping that the connector itself is a standard off-the shelf design as I am having trouble tracking someone down who will sell me one of these (I suspect that they are dealer-only option)

Tomarse posted:

Is the picture your sensor? Try BRC DE802051off that sticker:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LPG-LPG-BRC-Temperature-sensor-Evaporator-/302202270527?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368.

Can't see the connector from the pictures, but it is likely to be an econoseal or superseal in my experience of LPG kits so far.

If DE means it is a delphi sender is also possible its a Delphi metri-pack.

Also see here

Take some more photos for us and I can guess better, or Ken can likely ID it immediately.

It's not the ebay or the LPG shop one as I contacted the sellers.

I looked all through RS catalogue and it looks very similar to the Delphi ones, just not quite a perfect match (it's keyed, which seems odd for a temp sensor). Anyone recognise it from another bit of engine?

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Would you believe DFW only has 1, and it's basically an old (1950 according to county tax records) 2 bedroom/1 bathroom house with a couple of bunk beds thrown in?

I checked out Pilgrim House last night, looks downright nice. I don't know if I'll have a chance to socialize any, I'll probably only be there for ~24 hours. But if I wind up staying a little longer I'll hit you up.

Last time I went to Memphis was for a show and we day tripped it, I drove my girlfriend and I from Dallas to Memphis, got there about 8 pm, drove home after the show and got home at around 6 am. There was a horrific accident on 30 near our apartment, luckily it was in the opposite lane. Never again.

actually, I'll probably do it again, I love road trips.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Olympic Mathlete posted:

A dude posts up;

So you told a a guy in the military that you wished he stepped on an IED. For all you know some of his friends could have been killed that way.

But it's cool because (to you) his opinion was bad? That's pretty low man.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

So you told a a guy in the military that you wished he stepped on an IED. For all you know some of his friends could have been killed that way.

No, he's using a deliberately massively offensive (and fake) opinion to highlight that matey's complaint about how the Katie Hopkins pisstake "not respecting her opinion" isn't genuine. The guy was saying that someone's (poo poo) opinions should be "respected" by not mocking them, and when faced with a poo poo opinion he really didn't like, flipped out.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Biodome posted:

Last time I went to Memphis was for a show and we day tripped it, I drove my girlfriend and I from Dallas to Memphis, got there about 8 pm, drove home after the show and got home at around 6 am. There was a horrific accident on 30 near our apartment, luckily it was in the opposite lane. Never again.

actually, I'll probably do it again, I love road trips.

I'm always down for a road trip, but I'm not doing that round trip in a single day! 4 hours each way is my limit if I'm doing a day trip. I'd probably do that if I was in my 20s, but I'm a lot closer to 40 than 30.

What part of 30 were you at? I'm over off of Bobtown, barely inside of Dallas County. These days 30 is a clusterfuck on a good day, but not quite as bad as 635. Upside is I'm way out on the fringes, so if I'm going east, I only have to fight the traffic going over the bridge into Rockwall.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Feb 11, 2017

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
It was a few months ago so I don't remember exactly but I remember being close to the state fair and our apartment when we saw it so it was near 30 and Barry/Munger area.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Oh god, yeah that part of 30 is a dumpster fire 24/7.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

the spyder posted:

I've determined I need a stupid project. Something that involved a engine swap. I'm really, really tired of rotaries. Well, not enough to say toss a 20b into a Jaguar, but still. I need something awesome in my life. This has lead to me perusing the grassrootmotorsports build threads. God help me.

SSW and I need to send you our chat logs, you're off to a good start with the GRM threads though. Maybe build something to their yearly challenge rules. That way costs are kept down and you're forced to be as creative as possible.

Edit: On second thought, I challenge you to build an RX-7 better and cheaper than Sweet Chili Heat.

McTinkerson fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Feb 11, 2017

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Lol you sound like you actually believe he meant what he said and didn't just say it to provoke a reaction

This troll has legs lmao

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

McTinkerson posted:

SSW and I need to send you our chat logs, you're off to a good start with the GRM threads though. Maybe build something to their yearly challenge rules. That way costs are kept down and you're forced to be as creative as possible.

Edit: On second thought, I challenge you to build an RX-7 better and cheaper than Sweet Chili Heat.

If you can build a Sweet Chili Heat that holds up a little better to being heavily abused, you're gonna come out on top.

Or gently caress, just rotary swap a Corvette. Instant internet fame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I know, it's super funny. Because he didn't mean it and it was just a troll don't you get it? Maximum funny.

Seriously, anyone who does poo poo like that, or agrees with it, spends too much time looking for internet points and should get out into the real world more.

• Locked thread