Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lobok posted:

I really do not want to do this battle royale fight with all the bosses at the end of Shovel Knight. Died too many times and it's just getting to me.

Remember your magic items, most of them can trivialize one of the knights in one way or another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

chumbler posted:

I believe you'll find that it actually makes them even more special and valuable. Act fast, loyal gamestop customers.
Act fast and somehow be in at least 4 places at once!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lobok posted:

I really do not want to do this battle royale fight with all the bosses at the end of Shovel Knight. Died too many times and it's just getting to me.

*shouting down from the heavens, rolling across the plains*

Get good mate.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ImpAtom posted:

Remember your magic items, most of them can trivialize one of the knights in one way or another.

Yeah, might research that better. Will probably have to do the level over again at this point.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/CanipaShow/status/830254118547492868

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I can't find the kickstarter thread but I just saw someone is trying to get an Apocalypse Now game funded with Coppola's blessing. It doesn't look like it'll reach it's target and their pitch seems pretty bad. I just want to make sure people have been laughing at the idea of some 5 million dollar Apocalypse Now RPG

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fringerider/apocalypse-now-the-game

It’s like Fallout: New Vegas on acid in the middle of the Vietnam War.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Khanstant posted:

I can't find the kickstarter thread but I just saw someone is trying to get an Apocalypse Now game funded with Coppola's blessing. It doesn't look like it'll reach it's target and their pitch seems pretty bad. I just want to make sure people have been laughing at the idea of some 5 million dollar Apocalypse Now RPG

Oh, people have been laughing at it in the KS thread.

e: f;b!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/willoneill/status/830296703605604353

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Good

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Steam, ban the anime.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ImpAtom posted:

Buster only 4 lyfe

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

I can't get into any of the NRS fighting games

There's something really unsatisfying about them and I don't know what it is

they look grey and bland and theres minimal hitstop or hitflash to give impact to whats happening. for the same but inverse reason i can't stand to watch KI because it is nothing but sparks everywhere

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

We can only hope.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

they look grey and bland and theres minimal hitstop or hitflash to give impact to whats happening. for the same but inverse reason i can't stand to watch KI because it is nothing but sparks everywhere

They're really stiff and nothing flows very well, it's like they haven't realised they're not using digitised actors anymore.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
What is steam direct

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

What is steam direct

tl;dr

steam greenlight is dead

steam direct is the new system and apparently you have to pay a fee like 5000$ to get your game on steam, which is bad

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Valve has given up even pretending to curate stuff and now you can put anything on there as long as you pay them.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Sakurazuka posted:

Valve has given up

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

itch.io's pretty cool

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

StrixNebulosa posted:

tl;dr

steam greenlight is dead

steam direct is the new system and apparently you have to pay a fee like 5000$ to get your game on steam, which is bad

Well that's poopy

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Feb 11, 2017

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

If you sell your fetish game for $5 you need to find 1000 other degenerates in order to make your investment back.

We are doomed.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Steam greenlight was 100% garbage and maybe now there will be fewer unity engine asset flips on steam

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dr Cheeto posted:

Steam greenlight was 100% garbage and maybe now there will be fewer unity engine asset flips on steam

Yeah. They should roll back the last 3 years of releases too, and also get rid of Early Access.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Real hurthling! posted:

There's a video someone made around mk9's release where he edited in hitstop and it makes a huuuge difference.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Direct worries me. In the book publishing world, a publisher asking for a fee to pub your book is a red flag. I hope Valve doesn't set an example for Amazon and other platforms to follow. That will end up muddying the waters and make discerning legit platforms from scammers more difficult.

I'm also concerned about small dev businesses like Spiderweb, Basilisk Games, and Shining Rock. Little studios doing more than lazy Rpg Maker poo poo don't always have the margins to support a fee like this.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I wish they would have put in the effort required to make Greenlight a positive thing instead of the festering garbage heap it is, but the current situation is untenable. Direct seems bad but I don't think it's worse than the status quo.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh poo poo, I completely missed that CaptainSparklez finished the quadrilogy of his Minecraft music videos/movie. If ever there was a Minecraft movie on the big screen, I'd love for it to be something like this, because it took the Minecraft style and setting and really improved upon it, particularly the way the heads are designed, and the Nether. The way he made the Zombie Pigmen something more than just Nether denizens was a great touch. His animation skills definitely improved over the years too, and the songs are mostly great as well, especially Find The Pieces. He uploaded an all-in-one video for ease of watching, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayl3UXKpH1g&hd=1

Can't say I really expected that ending. Usually it's the father who dies, sacrificing himself so his children may live on. Liked it a lot more than the Telltale game's take on Minecraft, that's for sure.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Final Fantasy VIII turns 18 today :toot:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

:toot:

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Steam Direct sounds like Steam Greenlight with a higher fee and a different name, but I might be missing something there.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Direct worries me. In the book publishing world, a publisher asking for a fee to pub your book is a red flag. I hope Valve doesn't set an example for Amazon and other platforms to follow. That will end up muddying the waters and make discerning legit platforms from scammers more difficult.

I'm also concerned about small dev businesses like Spiderweb, Basilisk Games, and Shining Rock. Little studios doing more than lazy Rpg Maker poo poo don't always have the margins to support a fee like this.

Yeah this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

So I'm on the final dungeon of SMTIVA and don't really understand why people cite it as a totally awful part of the game or whatever.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

In Training posted:

So I'm on the final dungeon of SMTIVA and don't really understand why people cite it as a totally awful part of the game or whatever.

Are you sure you're at the final dungeon? i.e: YHWH's Universe, not the dungeon before it?

Because like, it's really not hard to understand. It's a visually bland overly-convoluted teleport maze dungeon full of no-threat enemies, doors that are locked by stats, you can't recruit demons anymore, and even if you're level 99 there are random encounters you can't nullify. Almost everywhere is twice as large as it needs to be and it's certainly about three times as long as it needs to be. It was bad enough they had to patch the Japanese version explicitly to be less crap and even the patched version is by far the most disliked part of the game.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Feb 11, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Are you sure you're at the final dungeon?

Because like, it's really not hard to understand. It's a visually bland overly-convoluted teleport maze dungeon full of no-threat enemies, doors that are locked by stats, you can't recruit demons anymore, and even if you're level 99 there are random encounters you can't nullify.

Oh isn't that the post-game bonus dungeon? I haven't tried that yet, I stepped in for a second and then went back to finish the story.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Guy Mann posted:

Final Fantasy VIII turns 18 today :toot:

I got a PS1 just to play FF8...

gently caress me I'm old.

:negative:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

In Training posted:

Oh isn't that the post-game bonus dungeon? I haven't tried that yet, I stepped in for a second and then went back to finish the story.

Nope, that's the actual final dungeon, you don't get either story ending until you finish it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

For some reason when I bought FF8 my sealed copy had two disc 2s instead of a disc 3, the universe didn't want me to play it. Unfortunately I got it swapped.

• Locked thread