Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I need to figure out how to record on PS4 because the Disney Infinity team used the Zootopia IP in the weirdest/best loving way for one of their Toy Box levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

If only the PS4 came with a dedicated Share button or something!

Sarcasm aside, ya just hit that button and you can upload to YouTube or Twitter or whatever.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Shadow Hog posted:

If only the PS4 came with a dedicated Share button or something!

Sarcasm aside, ya just hit that button and you can upload to YouTube or Twitter or whatever.

...Oh yeah, it's the button I rarely push so I forgot about. :v: Thanks! I'm gonna give this a shot.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Avshalom posted:

i will never eat a troll again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la0-5QFLr14

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

I really don't like this song.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Drifter posted:

I really don't like this song.

Eh by itself I don't really like it all that much either. It really needs the context of the movie because it's a REALLY GOOD SCENE and the song is a huge part of it

edit: Unlike this song, which is amazing with or without context of the movie (although the way it's used in the movie is really good):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksBNHt8Vd-I

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Lego Batman was pretty funny. Drags a little bit in the final act, but has a lot of good gags.

Michael Cera as Robin works pretty well- he actually gets to be broader and goofier than most of his live action movies, where there's always a deadpan element to offset it.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxPY3PdnmrY

Here's the video of the Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Zootopia mission made by the Disney Infinity team.

I didn't make it because PS4, thanks to DRM, only allows 15 minute videos to be recorded and it's always a crapshoot of what actually got recorded...It seems like this person has the PC version and an Xbox controller so....yeah.

Anyway, this story is just...crazy. It's almost an official fanfiction since it's from Disney themselves, just not the movie side. HOWEVER, Byron Howard and Rich Moore have probably seen this because they are in a video on Toy Box TV showing the winners of a bunch of fan-made Zootopia levels.

I wonder what they think of it.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE

ThermoPhysical posted:

Here's the video of the Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Zootopia mission made by the Disney Infinity team.

This is...haunting.

Haledjian fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Feb 11, 2017

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

ThermoPhysical posted:

Oh my that game looks bad

LoseHound
Nov 10, 2012

Wow, that game is visually lifeless. The lighting reeks of Wii shovelware. And why doesn't the player cast a shadow? I thought that was 3D platformer standard practice.

Hedrigall posted:

Hmm, I don't know what to think of this new Netflix show from the studio who does Robot Chicken

https://youtu.be/YtvkFv7igno

Dig the style, hate the subject matter

I feel like a trailer would be better spent introducing characters and setup rather than focusing on FART NUGGET! but whatever.

Speaking of trailers, is anyone hyped for Mary and the Witch's Flower? It's apparently from a new studio with a lot of former Ghibli staff and it really shows. I'm ready for big gloopy Ghibli tears, whether they're in the movie or on my face.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Hedrigall posted:

Oh my that game looks bad

It... well, it kind of is. A lot of it is really good! But the majority of it is a kids game in the bad way. The figures are the best part of it.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I just turned on avatars for the first time in like a year and hedrigall, your avatar!!

This looks like a fake game someone makes with leftover assets as a joke for Tumblr.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

ThermoPhysical posted:

Holy poo poo, it is 1997 and I am impressed with voice acting on my PS1. :stare:

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Pick posted:

Yes I'd agree, but then I'd have to go in there and edit that meme.

Finding Nemo has the world turn out to be a lot friendlier than Nemo's dad initially suggested; that is not the case for Trolls. Everything we see of the outside world makes it clear that it is dangerous and absurd and that the trolls themselves have very little control over it. Poppy never suggests that the outside world is good, only that she chooses to have a good attitude about its oppressive senselessness.

I think this is probably a valid way to see the world. I'm surprised a kids movie would take that approach, but I think it's interesting. I might need to watch Trolls now.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
In that game why is nick on model and Judy a bean

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Because she's a female, and therefore secondary, character

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hemingway To Go! posted:

There are two kinds of characters in Disney Infinity. Characters you play as using a model and secondary characters who are simplified bean character and just there to be AI assistants or whatever.

21 Muns posted:

Because she's a female, and therefore secondary, character

It's just because they were using the Nick model. There's a Judy one too.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
There's something really creepy about how the bean characters all make the same motions at the same time.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Magic Hate Ball posted:

There's something really creepy about how the bean characters all make the same motions at the same time.

Yeah, they're supposed to be... cute or something and I just found them creepy and unnerving.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I liked it when Nick dismembered those rhinos,

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I remember someone bemoaning the end of Disney infinity, and now I do not understand why, because it looks loving terrible

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
At the very least Disney Infinity made some rad rear end sculptures for characters. The quality of some of them was pretty above the bar compared to the Skylanders/Amiibo.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Lego Batman is funny as hell but for some reason Doug Benson's Bane voice loving slayed me. His imitation of Tom Hardy's accent is hilarious.

Also, I did chuckle at them using Ralph Fiennes to voice Alfred but then brought in some one else to do Voldemort

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Ooh, Doug Benson being in it makes me even more excited!

Australia's really suffering with Lego Batman. I think it's either 7 or 8 weeks after you guys that we get the film here. And this is after Lego Movie was delayed and tons of piracy happened and they promised they'd never delay a movie here again. :sigh:

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I just turned on avatars for the first time in like a year and hedrigall, your avatar!!

:grin:

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Lego Batman is funny as hell but for some reason Doug Benson's Bane voice loving slayed me. His imitation of Tom Hardy's accent is hilarious.

Also, I did chuckle at them using Ralph Fiennes to voice Alfred but then brought in some one else to do Voldemort

That someone else was Eddie Izzard :) . Going over the credits, they got a few fun guest stars like Billy Dee Williams, Conan O'Brien, and even the woman who voiced Apple's Siri (product placement aside :v: ).

Overall a very fun movie with a lot of fun jokes, I enjoyed it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Ccs posted:

I think this is probably a valid way to see the world. I'm surprised a kids movie would take that approach, but I think it's interesting. I might need to watch Trolls now.

Consider this: it's an animated movie that earns its dance party at the end. Like it would actually be wearker WITHOUT the ending dance party. What the gently caress

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Macaluso posted:

Consider this: it's an animated movie that earns its dance party at the end. Like it would actually be wearker WITHOUT the ending dance party. What the gently caress

To be fair, the entire film is about that kind of thing so it would have been weird as hell to end with "and then the trolls never sang or danced or hugged ever again*"

*and Flynn died

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

ImpAtom posted:

There are two kinds of characters in Disney Infinity. Characters you play as using a model and secondary characters who are simplified bean character and just there to be AI assistants or whatever.

It's just because they were using the Nick model. There's a Judy one too.

"Hiya toots!"

Anyway, here's Judy's part. It's about as bad as Nick's, even if it's funny to watch Judy kick bears so hard they explode into pieces.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boOEBuLtBcM

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Feb 12, 2017

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The Lego Batman movie was really good, probably one of the best Batman movies ever made. Now I'm excited to see other Lego movie spoofs, but only if they're made with the same level of care and humor. It seems like something that could go really bad if it isn't done right, but it was done right this time.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Pick posted:

I remember someone bemoaning the end of Disney infinity, and now I do not understand why, because it looks loving terrible

It's terrible to play, but as mentioned the add on toys/models are of really, really good quality - on par with Amiibos or better so it's good for figurine collectors.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Yeesh, I'd never seen Infinity in action before but that's way worse than I expected. Skylanders at least had a passable game to go along with their 15 dollar toys.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

The Silver Snail posted:

Yeesh, I'd never seen Infinity in action before but that's way worse than I expected. Skylanders at least had a passable game to go along with their 15 dollar toys.
In fairness, it looks like Infinity bet a lot more on user-generated content than Skylanders--and the "official" missions look more like examples of what you can do w/the editor than real game levels.

But yeah, the end result is definitely not quite landing, haha

I'm so glad Youtube exists.

Haledjian fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Feb 12, 2017

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Pick posted:

*and Flynn died

god drat we are never going to forget that event are we

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Aces High posted:

god drat we are never going to forget that event are we

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5ZItbOz4vw

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The Lego Batman movie was really good, probably one of the best Batman movies ever made. Now I'm excited to see other Lego movie spoofs, but only if they're made with the same level of care and humor. It seems like something that could go really bad if it isn't done right, but it was done right this time.

The Ninjago trailer looks about a thousand times better than I ever would have guessed. The series on Netflix is trash. My 4 year old watches it sometimes.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Silver Snail posted:

I haven't played it, but I hear that each Skylander is plays uniquely. None are reskins of others. Which is pretty crazy given the amount of Skylanders there are.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

I'm so confused; I thought Infinity was dead, so was this released post-humously?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

mycot posted:

I'm so confused; I thought Infinity was dead, so was this released post-humously?

This came out a few months before it died. The last set they released was some Looking Glass figures.

John Depp got three Disney Infinity figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

mycot posted:

This is from March last year. Infinity was around at that point--i think Zootopia was the last Disney property that was added.